[D&D][OOC/Sign-Ups Closed] Valkyria: Scales of War

lifesapity

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a character!  It's Weaboo Feightin' Magik time!  I noticed we needed a sneaky person and scout, and everybody has rogues do that, so I thought hey, monks can be sneaky too.  GM, feel free to let me know if anything here doesn't mesh with your world.  I tried to keep his backstory light and generic.

"Maris" Blackstar

Wood Elf

Monk (Way of the Open Hand)

Str: 9

Dex: 17

Con: 14

Int:  8

Wis:  16

Cha:  10

Skills:  Acrobatics, Stealth, Perception, Deception, Insight

Background:  Criminal.  "Maris" (his actual name is utterly unpronounceable if you aren't a native speaker of Sylvan) was once a petty criminal who eventually narrowly escaped branding and loss of a hand for his crimes by escaping into the wilderness.  Hoping to avoid a grisly punishment, he ventured out into the frontier, where he studied at a monastery in a distant land far to the west, at which he learned the ancient arts of combat, freed himself from the illusions of property (someday, anyway) and earthly desire (still working on it), and generally cleaned up his act.  After he hit a wall in his studies, the master of the monastery suggested that by returning to his homeland and facing his past, he might come closer to true enlightenment.  In the mean-time, he feels bound to try to do some good to atone for his criminal past, though his honor may ironically be part of what keeps him bound to those pesky earthly desires.

Description/Portrait:  Maris is a wood elf, not especially tall at 5'4", and of a slender, nondescript build.  He has brown eyes, a shaven head, and a very well-toned physique.  His only possessions are the faded, yellow robes he wears, a set of straw sandals (replace as needed), a wooden bowl to be used for begging, and a razor to keep his head shaved.  His facial features are sharp and well-defined, giving him a distinctly weaselly look, which sometimes attracts assumptions he no longer deserves.  Maris attempts to cultivate an air of wisdom and openness about himself, but thus far only really succeeds in repeating the occasional koan and avoiding being beaten for vagrancy.  Like much of the mystic side of being a monk, this is a work in progress.

Depends on your Class + Background I believe you in particular start with:

A staff, a hunting trap, a trophy from an animal you killed, a set of traveler's clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp
+
(a) a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
(a) a component pouch or (b) an arcane focus
(a) a dungeoneer's pack or (b) an explorer's pack
Two daggers

Edited by lifesapity

I couldn't find any portraits that looked much if at all like how I imagined my character.  It's like all D&D character artists make scantily clad elf women, ludicrously jacked humans/dwarves, and nothing else.

Just use this instead.

Spoiler

1000x1000_energy_symbol_by_shiningbill-d6nca3w.png

58 minutes ago, DragonRage said:

I couldn't find any portraits that looked much if at all like how I imagined my character.  It's like all D&D character artists make scantily clad elf women, ludicrously jacked humans/dwarves, and nothing else.

yep thrust me i t was a pain for me to find a portrait I liked for my character.

11 hours ago, Jace Stormkirk said:

ok im on the roll d20 site now

........so i do not know why it posted it 3 times plz no warnings

The easiest way and best way is to report your own triple post while explaining the circumstances behind them, we all know that the new editor is memeworthy, and we all know that sometimes your internet derps and you click a certain button three times somehow.

35 minutes ago, lifesapity said:

Alright everything is in place, I have a few other things to do right now so I will start the adventure tomorrow. Lets all have some fun :)

Now we just need to see CG's sheet to see who we would be working with I guess? And I will probably only be really active on Saturdays or late on my weekdays due to Rolld20 not working on Phones.