[Game Over! GG] Magic and Curses! Another Mafia Game

Day One

Most of the mages settled in the various bedrooms in the Mansion of Despair; some hid carefully as to not be found while others tried to contact their inner magical affinity and charge some magic power. Some others could not settle and decided to visit other mages either due to suspicion, or perhaps to satisfy curiosity. 

The evil mages had already completed their plan for the night and thus, they began to set their plan in place. They were not letting the good mages win not now, not ever, and what better way to begin their destruction by reducing their numbers and casting the die of suspicion on them all?

~~~~~

Jace Stormkirk was one of the mages who was not part of the 'most' in the mages who had stayed in the bedrooms. Instead, he had decided to be in the Courtyard, near the large fountain adorned with beautiful flowers at its side. He was singing songs of his adventure and journeys through the lands, singing tales of friendship and cameraderie. He, of course, wanted to be a bard, one to cheer up the group and bring energy to it, but alas, he was born to be a Blue Mage, one only 'Learning' skills from others who visited him. Perhaps, it wasn't the right kind of vocation he wanted as a mage, but he was still glad that he learned different kinds of magic from his journeys inside and outside the kingdom. 

However, in this Mansion of Death, all his abilities save for his Bard magic was sealed. Despite this, he figured that the best thing to do was wait somewhere where he could be seen. This way, someone, a good mage, maybe, could visit him and allow him to learn an ability to increase his chances of survival. 

A couple of minutes passed and someone did arrive to visit Jace Stormkirk. 

"It is I, Jace Stormkirk, Blue Mage, Learner of Magic, what is it that I can do for you? Perhaps you have come to help ascertain my victory?" Jace Stormkirk inquired to the person.

"Learner of Magic? Oh dear, this time, you shall learn death!" The mystery figure told and struck the Blue Mage with a Petrify spell.

~~~~~

"Mages, wake up, wake up! I've decided that you all must gather in the Courtyard instead of the Conference Room today." Monsieur Fate's resounded over the entire residence. "It is the place of the crime after all."

The mages immediately gathered in the Courtyard and were met with shock when they saw Jace Stormkirk, the Blue Mage, petrified in place at the front of the fountain. One of the mages checked the body and said that the Petrify spell cast on him was impossible to revert; he was a lost cause.

One of them muttered, "I'm surprised the supposedly 'backup' mage fell first..."

One of the mages then separated himself from the crowd and told the others, "I'm afraid we have to play the Game of Death. This is a serious matter, and I'm afraid losing is not an option for those of us from the side of Good. We must discover the murderers of this good man!"

Monsieur Fate then intervened, "Well, this is a good development. Then, let the Class Trial - erm, I mean - let the Day Phase begin!"

Jace Stormkirk is dead. He was the good Blue Mage.

======

Day One has begun. It will last for 48 hours. Begin discussing about the Night's events, who are possible Evil mages, and share your ideas! Start voting someone out as well.

Number of people required to vote in Day One: Seven out of Twelve

======
Magic and Curses! Another Mafia Game Cast

Monsieur Divergent as your Game Moderator/Host
S. Paul as ???
Lykos Hand as ???
Hongaarse Beer as ???
Jace Stormkirk as Blue Mage
Twin Aero as ???
HUEnd as ???
Another Retired Shipper as ???
Megagun as ???
Hycrox as ???
Fair Family as ???
Cool Girl as ???
Sailboat as ???
Anstane as ???

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Monsieur Divergent said:

One of them muttered, "I'm surprised the supposedly 'backup' mage fell first..."

That's me lol, Blue Mage would be very helpful later on the game for us =/

Someone visited me past night, so I couldn't do much. I'm going on blind for today's votation, probably, unless someone managed to find some useful intel. Otherwise, let the game theory begin!

I want to congratulate TwinAero for surviving the first day! o/ But you see TwinAero, I'll let you in a little secret: me and mr.fate actually had a bet. What we had bet with each other is completely irrelevant to this game i assure you. but anyway I'll tell you what was the bet all about: Its actually about me and you. So Mr. fate's bet is nothing will happen to the both of us. But my bet is this: one of us will at least gonna get blocked at night, silenced at morning, or get killed outright. Well obviously I'm not silenced and J got killed. As for getting blocked... HUEnd said he got blocked but just wanted to make sure you arent I mean again I dont wanna lose the bet yet. Well if you dont speak anything then it means I won the bet! AND TAKE THAT MR.FATE! HA

Spoiler

As for why did we have that kind of bet well it's just my usual shenanigans of trying to profile the criminals based on whom they attacked. If you think it will help... I'll reveal it but again mostly it'll be a throw away statement so just take it with a grain of salt. So ya got silenced or blocked?

Just now, S.paul said:

Clue:

Hide contents

The silencer may have visited someone disallowing him/her from posting in the day phase....

Yes you're right, so how do we know who is the silencer?

18 minutes ago, LykosHand said:

Yes you're right, so how do we know who is the silencer?

I don't know :( 

But someone may be visited by role blocker...

Honestly I wasn't visited by role blocker.

For now, I think the most we can figure out is who was targeted by the silencer, if anyone. At least, in that way, we'll know who is not the silencer.

Just now, Anstane said:

For now, I think the most we can figure out is who was targeted by the silencer, if anyone. At least, in that way, we'll know who is not the silencer.

Good idea!

6 minutes ago, Anstane said:

I agree.

I wasn't visited by role blocker me too.

People could fake silence, just by not saying anything. Then there will be more 'silenced' players besides the original silenced one. 

Now, I found out I got visited by the role blocker, so now you know. Still doesn't give us much information

1 hour ago, HongaarseBeer said:

People could fake silence, just by not saying anything. Then there will be more 'silenced' players besides the original silenced one.

I think fake silence is not allowed since we must post on the thread at least 2 times per Day Phase, could @Monsieur Divergent confirm that, please?

#EDIT: To avoid a double post, I'll share my thoughts about what @sailboat said:

Well, I just said that fake silence may not be allowed (I'm still not sure about that, so let's just wait for a answer) and his timezone could be a bit odd for us or he couldn't post anything yet, let's just wait until the end of the Day Phase to see that (I'm pretty curious of who's gonna win that bet). And, as @HongaarseBeer just said, he's the one who got roleblocked, I got a visit.

Edited by HUEnd

6 minutes ago, HUEnd said:

I think fake silence is not allowed since we must post on the thread at least 2 times per Day Phase, could @Monsieur Divergent confirm that, please?

Since you went and asked that question, fake silence is technically legal. I'm not supposed to say this, but since you asked: I generally tolerate not meeting the post requirement for one Day Phase, thus, one could actually do so.

Therefore, it's up to you to ascertain whether a person is really silenced or faking silence. :D

* Update *

Current Voting Board: [You still have 36 hours; 7 are required to vote someone]

Not Voted [12] - S. Paul [5], Hongaarse Beer [2], Lykos Hand [3], Fair Family [1], HUEnd [2], Anstane [1], Another Retired Shipper [1], Megagun [1], Hycrox [2], Cool Girl [0], Sailboat [1], Twin Aero [0]

The parenthesis beside your name designates your post count for this Day Phase. The requirement per Day Phase is at least 2 posts. Missing this requirement for two Day Phases will mean instant elimination.