V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

Not sure if this is a bug or not but it's more of an inconsistency in the game's naming conventions. After discovering that Terajuma shore was where the elusive sand cloak burmy is found for my ground nuzlocke, I went back to my actual savefile which is stuck on Flora to test if the shore by Darchlight woods would also be sand cloak, but it was not. So whether it's a bug / oversight or not, I'd certainly recommend changing something about that because both are sandy shores which IMO should be a place where burmy would be sand cloak but that isn't the case. Plus, a shore of such doesn't really fit as plant cloak or trash cloak so I'd only assume that it should be sand cloak and that was merely an oversight.

Edited by BananananaK

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So for whatever reason I decided to go back to the goldenleaf town gym and I went into the goldenleaf auditorium. But for some reason, I can't leave the room. Halp?

Edit: If someone could tell me how to attach my save, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Skullkin

On 01/11/2017 at 2:09 PM, BRS swag said:

It should usually learn by evolution or by tutoring. All I can say is make sure you are using version 9.2 of this game and patch it with patch 10.

I tried to uninstall and re-install the game to be sure I had the right version with the right patch. It didn't change anything, my Nuzleaf won't learn Razor Leaf when evolving. If I remember well, I had the same problem at the beginning of my save with Beedrill and Twineedle. For other moves learned when evolving like Gust for Butterfree, it worked fine. I'm a bit confused. Did anyone else have the same issue?

11 hours ago, tijklify said:

I tried to uninstall and re-install the game to be sure I had the right version with the right patch. It didn't change anything, my Nuzleaf won't learn Razor Leaf when evolving. If I remember well, I had the same problem at the beginning of my save with Beedrill and Twineedle. For other moves learned when evolving like Gust for Butterfree, it worked fine. I'm a bit confused. Did anyone else have the same issue?

I think you are right.I tried the same thing with a seadot but it didn't learn razor leaf when evolving.These bugs will most likely be fixed in the next version.For example,decidueye learning steam eruption bug.

Patching the game won't work because it isn't even mentioned in the bug list.

I was just finishing the Blacksteeple section with Nancy when I realized that her trainer name is 'Lingering Regret Nancy', like the name of the ghost Nancy in the Litwick event. Might want to fix that (unless it's not a bug but is actually a lore hint... nope probably not.)

Okay so I tried fighting the Dimensional Rift Gyrados for the second time after visiting Golden Leaf. I went to progress through the story and forgot to come back and now there is no Gyrados to fight. I met the Gym Leader Crawli and now going back there is only an old man in the Golden Leaf Forest. Any idea what went wrong?

Game.rxdata

Okay, so I caught an Alolan Sandslash and its ability switches between slush rush and snow cloak. I look at the stat screen, I switch panels and the ability changes. It also changes when I move it around inside a PC box. I have other Alolan Sandslash/Sandshrew that retain their normal ability, though. Plus, when I was breeding the glitchy sandslash, its children got the glitchy, changing ability as well. Not all of them, but I think 2 out of three. Bonus info: I caught the glitchy Sandslash using an Imposter Ditto. Maybe it has something to do with that?

Game.rxdata

i started playing this game from the beginning again since v9 is out and im stuck in the first gym. The last room on the gym cant read teal color therefore I cant move on. Also the side quest for love letter is bugged for me. The woman near the shopping district isnt there. Am i the only one with this problme?

48 minutes ago, yonatanlp said:

i started playing this game from the beginning again since v9 is out and im stuck in the first gym. The last room on the gym cant read teal color therefore I cant move on. Also the side quest for love letter is bugged for me. The woman near the shopping district isnt there. Am i the only one with this problme?

i suspect you either aren't updated to the full patch/ you are inputting the wrong colour combo for the last room in the first gym, it happens all the time.

37 minutes ago, Swampellow said:

i suspect you either aren't updated to the full patch/ you are inputting the wrong colour combo for the last room in the first gym, it happens all the time.

green and blue= teal. its declined on my game.orange white teal. red + green = orange. blue red and green = white. blue and green = teal. declined on the last part. i manage to open the secret where you combine the red and yellow for the last mix. and i dont patch my game because I fully download the version 9. 

1 hour ago, yonatanlp said:

green and blue= teal. its declined on my game.orange white teal. red + green = orange. blue red and green = white. blue and green = teal. declined on the last part. i manage to open the secret where you combine the red and yellow for the last mix. and i dont patch my game because I fully download the version 9. 

you still have to patch your game.

16 hours ago, Zaryon said:

Move: Future Sight

I don't know if its just for me, but it happened with Forest's Curse as well in V8, was it fixed in 9?

futuresight.png

I got in this topic to report exactly the same thing. It also gives you a free turn after the opponent's Future Sight has failed this way sometimes.

Edit: Patching up with patch 10 solves the issue. I just confirmed this. So, it is fixed now. :) 

Edited by Jess

On 6/5/2017 at 5:21 AM, Might Gai said:

ok, so i beat the 3 maids for the trial and that maid (who didn't give me any trial it just ... happened) still says if you beat the 3 maids you will get your reward, i already beat them

Did you ever find a fix for this? Just started playing Rejuvenation yesterday and currently stuck with the same issue.

Encountering a script error when talking to a certain blond girl at a certain hidden mansion you find after exploring a certain stinky, underground place.  Script error crashes the game at the end of dialogue string.  It shouldn't be a problem to complete this section of the game, as long as I save and don't talk to the certain blond girl, but still!  Thought it'd be best to bring it up.  Let me know if there's any way I can provide more information.

image.png.07285ed638209080036cfa4a2b2a40e3.png

So, another bug following that.  I just played the role of a certain stranger in a certain cold, stone place with a gratuitous amount of books.  After that little adventure was done, and I was returned to my normal character, lo and behold, my character went  through a race change!  He went from being the black avatar to  the white avatar with black and green clothing.  While  this isn't harmful to gameplay, it's certainly a strange  little bug!  I hope  it doesn't evolve.

Not sure if it's a bug, or if its already answered but I couldn't find an answer here so:

I'm stuck at Odd house. After I reached Dufaux's orb, the story supposed to continue but I can't activate it, nor I can leave the room once entered. 

Here's the save file so you guys can test it out yourself.

Game.rxdata

Appreciate if someone would PM me about this thanks!

Edited by Stefen

I just beat keta, the sensei of sheridan village. When i beat him, one of the black belts say "What's going on? What happened to the Sensei? ANd repeats it, and I cant get out of the dialogue. I have tried everything, trying to quicksave. I really don't want to fight Keta again. Any help?

image.thumb.png.79e6edda8d08f48e9f4371157260f1aa.png