V9 - Bug Reporting Thread

Jan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just found this glitch in the game, a missing block right up the cave entrance, the glitch occure when i enter the room shown in the picture but during the loading time (when the screen is black), i was pressing up and when the room was loaded, i was on top hereimage.thumb.png.e9a438fb29f6fae68b684fc3a0485ea5.png

Edited by potramon

Some things I have noticed:

- Fighting the Team Xen trainers in your memory of Goldenwood Forest doesn't display the Goldenwood Forest background (regarding Dr. Jenkel's Dream Machine)
- In your memory of the Goldenwood Forest incident, Team Xen member Nickoli doesn't have any text when you speak to him (the battle initiates) (regarding Dr. Jenkel's Dream Machine)
- In Venam's gym, in the final room, you can continuously add Yellow Poison into the mixture, regardless of whether or not you've already put some in
- In your memory of the Goldenwood Forest incident, Team Xen Leela talks about Basculin tearing up Finneon. This isn't what she says during the actual goldenwood forest event.
- Dr. Jenkel says you can only relive a dream once, this is not the case. You can replay Goldenwood forest as many times as you want.
- Zetta's team in the dream is not the same as in his actual event.
- When you beat Karina and she gives you the HM for Rock Smash, there should be a comma "However(,) you deserve this."
- When facing Zetta in Amethyst Cave, Ren says "The only one who have caused any damage" (should be "the only ones" or "who has caused")
- After Gothitelle teleports you away from the volcano base: "We've been losing important assets left, and right" (take out comma)
- In the theatre for the first time, before you fight Narcissa "Oh dear... this is a plot twist" (missing period)
- In the theatre for the first time, before you fight Narcissa, add a comma after "After all this time"
- During the second part of the play that is shown to you, "The proud of this town lie" (missing s at the end of "lies")
- During Narcissa's opening speech in the gym: "Why is that I wonder?" (add a comma after "that")
- In the cutscene after leaving the Theatre after beating Narcissa, with Geara/Zetta/Jenner in the pocket dimension- "This is an entirely different dimensions" (remove extra "s")
- Even after the Goldenwood people are nice, two trainers in the Pokecenter (girl in red hat and girl with green hairbraid) say negative things about the people/town.

- The NPC that says "It's OK if your mom dresses you" will occasionally get stuck in Narcissa's walk path (right before she says "...Thank you.". It just means you wait a bit for them to move out of the way and the cutscene progresses, but it's kind of awkward.

- In the Akuwa town Gym, when the lights first turn red, Aelita says "someone is knocking" prematurely, then says the "Our time here..." line, and then says "Someone is knocking?" a second time when someone is actually knocking.

- The Bag description of the Snag Machine is cut off at the end.

- When interviewing people in the Blacksteeple Quarry about Aelita's whereabouts- a trainer with blue hair/jacket says "Haven't someone noticed?" (should be "hasn't")

- When Neved is interrogating Emma for the first time at Blacksteeple, Neved says "You are not better than anyone imprisoned here" twice.

- When you meet Braixen for the first time, Saki says "Eventually I found this place while on dute in Blacksteeple Field" (should be "duty")

- In Blacksteeple Prison, when you and your mom team up, if you go into the shack and talk to Mom the game will crash.

- When Adam talks to you in your room on the ship (after Emma reveals herself), he says "I got your's" (remove apostrophe)
- When Jenner, Geara, and Zetta are first released in Terajuma Forest, "Psst... I know we're playing it cool an all, but..." (change "an" to "and")

- In the Code: Sarpa Riftdex card, Carnivine's ability is still listed as "Thicc Fat" (I presume this is left over from alpha testing)
- When you take the walk with Melia in Terjuma forest, when you're both sitting on the bridge "The other's are nice" (remove apostrophe)

Edited by Kunikunatu

Hey it's me again I hoping someone can help me with this 

So Erin took me to meet her in the B Gardens but when I walk though she wasn't in the gardens someone help 

Also just in case this helps I didn't out Flora I didn't even tell her I know about her. someone pls help 

Game.rxdata

@Joeytoms There is no problem in your save.
You have a meeting with Cassandra in Judicial district.There are different story paths according to what you did in Darchlight Cave.

Go to GDC train station and go east from there.Cross the bridge.You will find 2 paths.One of them leads to Judicial district.

Bug with the "Tropius...!" sidequest

If you talk to Tropius & get the cutscene with the Team Xen grunt revealing it had stolen the egg, and then cancel the quest, you can still go fight the Team Xen grunt in the odd shack, but she'll be invisible. You get the "Quest Completed" & dialogue from the ranger once you leave and come back to Valor Shore.

- Lemonade item description still says it heals 80HP when it really only heals 70HP.

- When you move on after freeing Venam from being sacrificed by Angie in the Tower of Theolia castle: "The name's Kreiss- Pronounced "Cry-ce"Listen..." Fix to "The names Kreiss- pronounced "Cry-ce". Listen..."
- When Angie is attempting to sacrifice Melia, the maids' first line is "Azaleia, and Rebecca weren't able to stop you, but we shall not fail." (Remove comma after Azaleia)
- I think the tileset for Tower of Theolia F5 is broken. The next couple of rooms after it are like this, too: https://imgur.com/9DVDvL2

-  In the room immediately above Tower of Theolia F5, Venam says "Melia...? Melia wake up..." (Add a comma after the second instance of Melia).
- If, before you fight Angie, you go back to the Resort, it will still be hailing inside all the buildings. Also, Valarie is still in the manor even though she said she was heading elsewhere.
- It's also still hailing inside Aquamarine Cave.
- In the Sauna in Teila resort gym, you can walk through the wall space directly right of the swimmer. From there you can also move one step forward, and then one step to the left (behind the swimmer).
- Pressing SHIFT will trigger the "A Key Item in the Bag can be registered to the SHIFT Key" message, however, key items are registered to the F3, F4, and F5 keys, not SHIFT.
- When fighting Novae in the Kakori Help Center's sidequest, the player character will not change the direction they are facing when you both move to your battle positions, so this happens: https://imgur.com/tEgoXAF
- Lycanroc's "Accelerock" is misspelled as "Accelrock".

- When Valarie, Saki, and Venam are all tending to Melia in your room (immediately after getting back from the Angie fight): "Just like Kreiss said, it can't be melt under normal circumstances." (change "melt" to "melted")

- When you and Aelita first encounter Cera & crew in the Corrupted Cave: "Because of [player], our Master,  Angie, has fallen..." (there is an extra space after "master")

- Regarding this book in the Garufa Settlement: "Their power is great, and together they can overun humans." (fix to "overrun", or potentially "overpower"?)

- When you and Aelita are requesting help from the Eldest, after Texen kicks her into the river: "I refuse to lose anymore people to it." (Fix to "any more")

- Lycanroc can learn Rock Climb by level-up, but cannot learn it by TM.

- Regarding this NPC in West Gearen: change "couped" to "cooped".

- Inside the flower room in the past Theolia Manor: you can see the corner of a different room if you go all the way to the bottom-right corner. https://imgur.com/a/4e3Ew

- When you, Venam, and Melia are all riding Karrina's yacht, there is a missing "s" in "missed": https://imgur.com/a/musnv

- In the same scene, put a space between "break" and "down". 

- In the haunted Darchlight Manor, there is a book that misspells "people": https://imgur.com/urthyJr

- When Alice and Allen first pop out of the box: there is an extra "to" after "open". https://imgur.com/piwxfoX

- When you and Aelita speak to the puppetmaster:  "cruddy" is misspelled https://imgur.com/7drvdcJ

- If you choose to follow Erin in the Bladestar tunnels: Once you get to the room and once the files are deleted: should be "pitiful live" https://imgur.com/54Fy7X8

- When you and Venam first meet Krystal, her name is misspelled as "Kyrstal" here: https://imgur.com/4y08r9j

The following typos deal with spoilery events:

Spoiler

There is an extra space after "get": https://imgur.com/a/6htBH

Add a comma after "alive": https://imgur.com/a/WXyMd

Add a comma after "Begone": https://imgur.com/a/w1kgF

Missing "l" in fulfill: https://imgur.com/a/tv7ib

Edited by Kunikunatu
additional bugs added

Hello.

I made an account to let you guys know that I think I sequence broke the game. It's my first playthrough, so I'm not sure how game-breaking this might be, but, it's possible to get to the southern part of West Gearen early. 

Spoiler

After Melia attacks Karrina and you sail to West Gearen, you can go to the gym there. If you go downstairs and follow the paths, you can end up in another part of the city, which has the museum and help center and stuff. This part was initially closed off (if you go down from the place where the boat leaves you, it says we shouldn't go this way). When you take the north exit of the second area, you get the message again, and it kicks you back out to where you were supposed to be.

Also, by using this, you can get to the Connecting Bridge early. And if you go further, you can potentially soft lock the game permanently. The warp takes you to a spot where you can get stuck between the guards and it's impossible to get out without resetting. If you save there, your file is done for.

Also, as an unrelated glitch, Lycanrock can learn Rock Climb through level up, but the TM for it doesn't work on him.

I attached a copy of my file in case you need it. 

Thanks for the game tho, it's been very enjoyable so far! 

Game.rxdata

Concerning the roggenrola crash, I had saved within the pokemon center and whenever i try to reload, roggenrola opens a dialogue with me and crashes the game. Is there any immediate solution to this?

Edit: Oops nevermind, patch 10 did the trick. Thought I already had it.

Edited by powlov

8 hours ago, C0RDS said:

Rowlett learns Steam Eruption instead of Spirit Shackle

Yup, this is like, the most popular bug having many posts in many pages (probably even more than mine). It will be fixed with the Version 10 which is still under development. The status is available here. Don't expect it to come for another 1 and half an year.

Hi! I’m having trouble at Chrysalis Courtyard… not sure what happened but as soon as I walked out something pop up saying that scripts was taking long so it saved my game in the doorway and evertime I open my game, marionette start talking then crashing...

I restart my game and redownload as well….Idk anymore

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (4).png

Game.rxdata

Edited by DatLuxness
forgot to add something

Hi! =) Just registered to report this error: the ability Water Veil seems to work on all the status effects (it should work only on burns)

I paralized a wild mantyke using thunder wave, but then he cured his status with that ability

Not sure if this was reported yet, but I was doing the 8 man gauntlet at the end (trying no to spoil) I lost to the 2nd to last, it brought me to the Pokemon center in central square building but it started battling the last person which I beat cuz my team was healed, and I got the gift Pokemon and item, and when I go back it registers me winning and they say come back for more later

so im not sure if this is a bug or not. im using seel and it has encore. one thing i noticed is that whenever im in a double battle but one of the trainers is already defeated( thus theres only one pokemon on the enemy side and two on mine), if i use encore and lock the enemy into a move after the turn ends i can choose which pokemon the enemy will attack( the turn ends and then before the next begins targets appear so i choose which one of my pokes i want the enemy to use the locked move on). for example i was battling the scientists on the volcano base of team xen, it was me and the fight gym leader. all their pokemon had been defeated except for porygon 2, so i used encore and locked it on psybeam. then before the next turn begins targets appear so i decide if i want it to use psybeam on machoke or seel. this is just an example, it always does this in this specific situation. so its a pretty minor thing( and beneficial, lol), but i just wanted people to know.

I'm pretty sure people already reported it, but couldn't find it so I'll write it anyway.

In puppet masters battle Oranguru uses Instruct on apponents helping them instead of helping it's teammate. 

That makes that part of battle a lot easier. I hope it'll be fixed in V10.

so i was on the kecleon item sidequest of the help center, i paid the money he asked, then a text screen with nothing appeared and then he said thief and made me go to the dungeon even though i paid the money, one found me, i toxic stalled it to death and then miraculously found the exit before any more found me, so i took off. and when i went to see my money the 50.000 were still there...