[IC] The Watchtower Chapter 1.0: The Green Peril

Yours Truly

The commanding voice startles Georgey and what it says confuses him. "O-one of them? Is this about Bob again..?" Georgey replies in a slow, unsure voice. He fiddles with his fingers as he waits for a reply, sweating steadily. "Uhm...h-hello?"

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Uhm....my name is Georgey, not Bob..." Georgey replies. If this kept on going, he'd need to go find someone to come help him resolve this situation, because he didn't see a way to do it himself unless telling the truth did the trick.

"H-how do I know you're not Bob..?"

The voices pause for a moment, and the commanding voice finally says "Wait, did Bob get reassigned or something? Because damn it you guys forgot to send the All Clear signal, we're from the...." The man sighs quite audibly before saying "Cerulean hill Watchtower, also known as the nearest Watchtower, or The Other Watchtower, just don't use the stupid name and I won't get mad at you Georgey".

"Uhm...by Bob...do you think Robert?" Georgey thinks for a minute. He didn't really get what the man was saying...he had been sleeping so the others were supposed to use that semaphor thingie...

"We have a Robert who's at this Watchtower..."

The voice simply replies with "No we aren't looking for a Robert, but anyway didn't anyone tell you about the shift change signals? You need to display those on a regular basis, it helps us figure out which towers are still manned, it is the bare minimum, if you don't have the shift change signals on people will send reinforcements, so try and not do that next time Georgey".

"Okay, I'll do it next time..." Georgey says to the man on the other side of the door. However, his voice is still tinged with worry and confusion. If they just went to check if they were alright, why was there someone dead..?

Georgey backs away from the door at the notion, turning left and right to see if anyone was there. "W-wait for me to get some help..." He says to the voice before moving up the stairs.

At their post, he finds Robert and Lancelot. Waving his hands (slowly) in panic, he walks over to them. "S-someone's at the door saying they're from the other watchtower...but they killed someone...Iunno what to do..."

On his way up, however, Georgey hears some shouting from somewhere that creeps him out even more. He runs instead of walking slowly up the stairs and also adds a part about a weird scary voice coming from nowhere at the lowest floor to the two other watchmen.

"G-go down to check..?" Georgey answers meekly. "We have a hatch?" He adds confusedly.

The sound of marching alerts him and he goes back down the stairs to check if the pikes were gone from the door. In case there are no pikes left, Georgey hesitantly opens the door, but only if Robert is with him as well.

There are in fact no pikes left in the door, and the sound of marching has died out, Lancelot would find himself unable to see any of the red wearing men and women if he was peering out of the window.

And there was in fact nothing of interest left tonight.

It was a cold and windy night when....the angry insane man trapped downstairs started screaming as general weirdness happened around the tower.

Status: Sun nowhere in sight, darkness makes the outside hard to see, semaphore signals for the other towers appear to be flashing a message "False Alarm, new blood", mushrooms are shrivelling in the light.

Robert would in fact be hampered by the distance of the floor of the cave to the hatch, or in other words, he would need some device or object that would allow Harbin to climb upwards.

Robert succeeds in slowly but surely lifting the screeching man out of the hole, which may be a course of action he would come to  regret.

Edited by Cronos5010

"Freedom!"  Harbin gasps, "Sweet, sweet freedom!  I'm free!  I feel so happy I won't smite any of you!  I...  I think I might have misidentified some of those mushrooms."  Harbin proceeds to dash for the nearest window, where he pukes his guts out.  If there are any passersby, he's practically guaranteed to hit at least one of them, because that's how Harbin's luck generally runs.

Thankfully Harbin would be hard pressed to find anyone to puke on in the gloom of the night, and the rest of the evening seems like it would continue in a regular and non supernaturally affected manner.

A loud racket in the form of he sound of chiming bells and trumpeting signals the crack of dawn, and the great sun is crawling it's way up the sky once more.

Yesterday night's weirdness is recorded in the form of a note from command, reminding the group that the shift change signal must be shone whenever the shift changes.

Perhaps it is time to eat breakfast?