Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Kalva walked down to the medbay, holding tightly in his hand Quina's Aetherball and looking for the counter. His lack of experiences going medbay nearly got him lost, but following the signs he found his way.

As he walked down the white halls, shoes squeaking a little each step, his thoughts drifted to the girl that was attacked during their battle with the core. It only occurred to him now that he never caught her name. She looked like a part of the Aether Foundation but not an operator. Certainly, she helped them during the battle - she was a friend of them, at least.

Kalva recalled seeing her being transferred to the medbay along with Terry. Perhaps while he waited for Quina to be treated, he should visit her and Terry to check that they weren't hurt badly?

Terry's voice interrupted his thought, making him look up sharply, locating the source as straight ahead, in the medbay.

Take her away? 

Terry's voice sounded urgent, pulling Kalva's walk into a run. Whatever it was, he needed to be there.

"Life... "

The image of Poochy's wound being treated by a Glowing Branch surfaced to Emmanuel's mind.

"And death... "

And then, the image of the dying Sableye at the mercy of the Pixie Shard appeared.

"One another... "

The vivid images of the fight against the two cores and the tree flashed through. How the two cores fought for dominance over each other by changing the aspect of the tree.

"The world... "

At the end of it all, was a boundless, crystallized forest, replacing the greens with endless pink.

"It was not a cycle anymore. It was stagnation," he muttered, "a static balance that was set on casting the nexus in a crystalline cocoon."

A sly smile slowly started to form on Radovan's face as he heard Zeta's question, and he gave Cathode a sideways glance. "Well Zeta, that is because Cathode is not as used to physical contact as you are, and would presumably not find any enjoyment in the act," He continued to rather firmly pet and ruffle the young girl as he continued with, "Which is a bit of a shame since her hair seems as if it would be fun to run my hands through~, but of course to do so without her permission or enjoyment would a ungentlemanly. As gentleman should always respect a lady's wishes after all, spoken or otherwise."

His other hand was just about to reach down to grab his balls firmly.. before he releases his Pokemon from them. When he saw Jenny knock all of her precious, precious ice cream cones... and more importantly all of the ice cream down to the floor, and after he heard her sudden exclamation he simply decided to ask, "Why? Why can't you do this?"

"Life... death..." He think for a second, he never really good with these concept and philosophy. "I can't say much about it... but you are right, there are chance Life and Death would try to overtake from one another, for good or maybe for bad reason." he sighes, "it affect the world on a large scale and... any chance that it would try to overtake from one another..." he came back to the memory of him mercy kill Wailord and and the fight with the core, where he wasn't any help. "...Disaster happen. The nexus in our previous mission was the example of it."

Cathode, hearing Radovan,  blushed, and hang her head in a way that her face was not visible.  She started twiddling her index fingers while saying "I-I know... I'm working on it, I-I really do!"

She then turned towards the pretty dreadful noise that couldn't mean anything good, and she was right;  the horrible spectacle of what could have once been delicious ice creams were now lumps of cream on the floor.  What a disaster!   "M-mrs  Jenny, denying that you are actually not okay seems rather p-pointless now... "  she approached the spot of the tragedy  "at least let me help you take care of this...   what a pity... even like this they seem so delicious..."

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

EMM & SENA

*+Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam*

Abra and Kadabra nod at the boys' responses. "It seems as though you understand the results."

"But have you considered the causation?"

"What else have you found in that Nexus?"

"We know it all."

"The girl whose name seals the tongue."

"How did she live in that world? There is no telling that."

The two snap their fingers and the room is cast into darkness again. "Just food for thought."

"And one other thing before you depart. You've garnered new potential within yourselves. We'll bring it out for you, but you'll need a catalyst for the world's power. Else what you've gained is moot."

"You'll be speaking with the girl either way, so why not ask her to lend you a Star Piece?"

"Next time we meet, we'll tell you all you wi-huh?"

The room flashes back to light, throwing Abra and Kadabra into disarray.

legend04_by_ninjacyndaquil-dc870r6.jpg

"A new legend has surfaced."

"But the HQ had not warned us...they should've let us know they wanted us to deliver it so early!"

"Leave them be, Abra, you speak too much. And you two."

The Abravators start arguing until Kadabra interrupts the exchange to look at Emm and Sena.

"Which came first, the Pidgey or the egg? The Land or the Sea?"

"A...woman thrown between the two. But who is she?"

"Things are starting to change. Goodbye now. And be careful. We must be on our way as well..."

A slight touch to the back....

and Emm and Sena are back into the Space Aether building's lobby. The Abravator's door are tightly shut behind them but the image is ingrained in their minds. A woman

or an egg?

Which is it? And land and the sea... At least last time they had Zeta's input on the Tree of Life. Maybe someone could tell them something? Who to ask though? Oh, right, they still had to go see Mason too.

------------------------------------------------------------------

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

RADOVAN & CATHODE

*+Jenny*

"W-what's happened!" Zeta jumps in concern at Jenny's predicament. She seems worried.

Jenny, on the other hand, seems completely defeated. As she slams a clenched fist against the ice cream stand's surface, a tear rolls down her cheek which she promptly wipes away. Cathode's comment only stings her as she turns towards the girl with a frown plastered on her blushed face and teary eyes. "It's a pity that I have to work at a place like this-!" She practically screams. Thankfully there don't seem to be many people here as per usual. Jenny's ice cream stand was set on a floor that never got many visitors.

Zeta hides behind Radovan after Jenny shouts. Jenny looks to the floor, ashamed. "S-sorry..I didn't mean to yell."

"My sisters are all important people in the city. I'm the only one who's accomplished nothing. And I'm this close to getting fired...actually, now that I've done this..I'm probably gonna get fired for sure... That's what I meant, Radovan..."

"A-aah...the atmosphere is ruined now too. All my fault..." She says as she drops to the floor and start wiping the ice cream away. "I-I'll give you that ice cream for free....j-just sit somewhere else so you don't have to look at me-!"

"..." Zeta peeks from behind Radovan, slowly stepping out towards Jenny. "Miss ice cream lady-Cathode and I'll help you. A-and Radovan too-!"

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

KALVA

*+Terry*

Music: ???

The medbay slowly peers around from behind the corner as Kalva quickens his pace towards the voices. As he enters the hallway and the waiting room, mostly empty, he sees Terry arguing with some people dressed as Cadets, gathered around one of those moveable beds that were used for carrying sick people. Of course, this was one floating because duh it's the future. Something feels wrong though. The people Terry is arguing with, their faces, half covered by hoods...plastered with satisfied smiles. They seemed to have Terry under their thumb, even as another nurse official stood by him and tried to persuade them to listen to him.

"Like I said, you can't take her away, it's too dange-"

One of the women among the people raises her hand up to cut Terry short. A bead of sweat rolls down the large man's face.

"We're doing this on orders from the head of the Space Aether Foundation herself."

"But still-"

Terry's retort is useless. The woman shakes her head.

"Then I'll just..." Terry grabs something from his belt. Kalva soon realizes it's an Aether Ball. And Terry seems different too. Being cornered like this, his expressions says it all. He's hardly controlling himself. Kalva could assume Uno was on the bed, but he can't see for sure. However, the woman shakes her head again.

"Ugh...so that's why you went here with me. You got a promotion..." He says. "But I won't let you put a patient into danger. You don't know how that feels..." The Aether Ball, however, starts flashing red as he presses the button to release his Pokemon. Wide eyed, he looks at it and then back at the woman. "You..."

"Yup. As of now, you're officially suspended. You can't leave for any missions. You can't call out your Pokemon. We'll see if we'll even let you leave this city. A trial will await you soon enough as well. After all, we can't let a dangerous person such as yourself walk freely among us. This act of yours just proved that your past is still with you. What a sorry excuse for a man and a doctor. Now farewell. Unoppiae will be in our care from now on. After absorbing that blow, her state might be a danger to the security of Space Aether. We need to run examinations. We'll try our best not to let her die, of course. Don't you worry. Besides, after being hit by that attack, she should've been dead by now anyways. So either way it's fine." The group turns around and starts walking in Kalva's direction. As they pass, Kalva notices a glance of emerald beneath the woman's hood. And on the bed, the blue haired woman from the Nexus lay.

Terry is left alone. The nurse'd already left, probably not wanting to stay too long. After all, Terrence was a liability. Not even a coworker anymore. Maybe a criminal even. He surely was just about to attack them in the middle of the medical facility. That was an overexaggerated display of aggression. Even now, he clenches the Aether Ball tight, white knuckled. And turns around towards Kalva as well.

"K-Kalva, I didn't..know you were here." He says in a slightly deeper tone. He avoids eye contact with Kalva. What will you do?

Kalva stood bewildered at the situation, trying to comprehend all the dialogue being shot back and forth.

Take her away? Promotion? Suspended?

Kalva half-raised his arm to stop whoever was taking the patient away, but instinct told him that if he ever did - there would be consequences. After all - Quina wasn't with him; and whoever was taking the woman was authorised by the Head of Aether.

He helplessly was brushed to the side as the woman walks out of the medbay. Wait - green?

"That's why you went here with me. You got a promotion."

He turned and tried to find the familiar face under the hood. Betani?

But the figure was already gone.

Kalva turned to the remaining person in the medbay - Terry.

"A trial will await you...we can't let a dangerous person...your past is still with you..."

But why? Terry was a good person - he had helped the cadets in the 08 mission, he was a nurse who helped treat Pokemon and he even supported them in the battle with the Core through Clarence.

Kalva could tell Terry was agaited. The facial expression, the body language, it signaled desperation, helplessness and perhaps even guilt. Was it because of the same reason as Gina? He approached Terry and gently touched Terry's hand to get his attention.

Kalva looked at Terry in a genuinely sympathetic expression. The brown-red eyes told a silent message deeper than words.

I trust you.

But it also asked the question,

What's wrong?

"So... I've only merely given the stasis a push to put it back on track... And that's what's important here. A teetered balance would mean change regardless," Emmanuel muttered. His tone gradually turned into that of relief. He slowly turned to Sena. "Thank you for standing alongside me. I really appreciate it."

"Anyway, it's a new mystery. I don't think Zeta would know this one... The only sea I know of is in #03 after all. We should meet up with the others now, it's been tiring," he suggested to Sena.

12 hours ago, Bfroger6 said:

"But the HQ had not warned us...they should've let us know they wanted us to deliver it so early!"

"Wait, no! They knew! The HQ!" Emmanuel suddenly exclaimed, "Vice President Mason is our best bet. We have to ask him! We... We'll bring it up somehow before him," his tone grew lower as he considered possible consequences. Something was likely wrong in the chain of command between the Abravator and the HQ. Raising the question might startle the Vice President.

"... It might be safer if I were to bring it up without everyone else in the room. I'll ask him after our meeting with him is over."

Radovan's hands did not stop ruffling Zeta's hair as the ice cream woman apparently suffered a bit of a mental breakdown in front of the two of them, and he tried his best to not seem overly rude when he turned to stare directly at Jenny before he said, "I don't think that you have accomplished nothing miss Jenny, I mean...you must have made a lot of people happy with your ice cream right? That's got to count for something....".

He took a moment to look around the place for anything he could use to help Jenny wipe away the ice cream as he walked closer to where she was standing, "And in all honesty I don't want to look away, I want to stay here and try to help you out....if that is at all possible."

"Yes, p-please let us help, let's just pretend this never happened, so it won't count against you!  Also what's preventing you from becoming a policewoman like your sisters if that's what you want?" 

A new legend...? Just what is going on right now? As Sena is still thinking about the sentence, the Abravator ask them a question, another weird riddle. As he was about to ask about the riddle and the new legend, the Abravator was talking about, they both were teleported outside.

”just when I was going to ask them aaargh.” Sena voice his dissapointment. He heard Emm thanking him, he turn to him, “yeah, no worries, that’s what friend do right?”

“Hmmm I suppose you’re right, then let’s head back to—” before he could finish, he was caught surprise by Emm’s exclamation.

Emm is right, Mason might know something about this and I can’t argue with that, they would probably have a record on these so called “new legend” but there is one problem...

”you sure vice president Mason would tell us? While we do manage to tackle the life and death core, we are still a new cadet, so I’m not entirely sure if he would share something that sound dangerous. Secondly, from what we heard in there, it seems there is something wrong with command chain... like someone is deliberately withheld the information... our best choice would be asking somebody else since it’s too risky ask anyone from the higher ups.” Said Sena calmly.

"The information is likely withheld near the top of the chain. Anyone else we really know don't look like the type to know such details. The vice president is our best bet in this situation," Emmanuel said, "we might be able to forward the question to Ray, but I fear that she'll withheld information from us as well after having asked the vice president for us. Just... Count on me, alright? I'll do my best." 

He then began to walk back to the ice cream vendor, where Radovan and the others were.

“Alright there, I’m going to trust you with it.” As he wave his hand to Emm going somewhere . Sena was planning to join the other with the ice cream raid but decide against it. He’s quite bothered with the Land and Sea. He began to just wander around the Space Aether HQ, thinking about it.

The sea huh...? He began to have some of those memory slideshow of his past incident on the resort. “Brrr nope... don’t go there...” he sighes, an image of a certain pokemon flashes on his memory, “I wonder how is it doing right now?” He mumble about a certain pokemon.

Uuugh these flash back reminds me that something is currently happening in the resort. What if it is connected to the mystery? Or maybe... hmmm that’s impossible... the only possible of clue we could get is from Mason himself... maaan what a bother he wander off thinking about the mysteries, until his stomach growled

but first, I’m hungry... as he find his way to the cafeteria.

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

RADOVAN & CATHODE

*+Jenny*

"A-ah, g-guysss..." Jenny blushes as everyone gathers to help take care of the mess. She remains silent until they're done.

"T-thanks..." Her demeanor is shy as she says so. "B-but I can't be a police woman... I'm too much of a mess for that. There're many ice creams stands aside from mine so me making people happy with ice cream doesn't really count for much..." Letting out a sigh, she slumps her shoulders.

"Hey Cathode, what's a police woman?" Zeta asks all of a sudden, finger on her chin. She'd gotten her outfit a bit soiled with handling the ice cream mess they'd cleaned up as best they could. Just like a little kid.

Right about that moment, Emm runs over to the crew.

[Emmanuel has joined the scene]

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

KALVA

*+Terry*

Terry lets out a sigh as Kalva approaches him. A bit too close. He steps back, almost as if he's uncomfortable with the proximity.

"N-nothing you need to know or worry about." He stutters, looking up at the ceiling. He continues talking seemingly more to himself than to Kalva. "I'd better go hand over my equipment. I'll be grounded for a while and it's my fault. Wonder what Gina will say...I just hope it won't reflect on her too."

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

SENA

*+???*

Sena enters the elevator and it starts going down towards the closest building restaurant. Several floors down, the doors open and, to the young man's surprise, a woman enters, followed by an entourage of men dressed up almost like security. The woman seems busy twirling through the papers she's holding, with a big smile on her face. Her long emerald hair falls freely down her back, nearly smacking Sena's nose as she turns around to the door, facing away from him. She herself is dressed rather casually, in a one-piece bordeaux jumper suit.

Music: I am the one

"So that's my next few public appearances cleared to go. So long as I can keep getting permission to appear publically with Empress at my side, everything will go well just like we'd planned~"

She starts talking to herself. As the elevator starts descending again, she stops talking all of a sudden and turns to take note of Sena as his stomach growls. His head is nearly level with her...attributes as they both stand. "Oh, hungry much? Sorry I didn't notice you. You must be a Cadet here, no? Don't tell people you saw me, all righty~ Some guys get crazy when I'm around." She giggles, one of her entourages handing her a beret she gladly puts on to cast a shade over her face. She also takes a pair of sunglasses off another one's face with a playful gesture.

"I'll give you an autograph in return if you don't tell on me~"

Hmmm seems to be a rather famous woman, an actress perhaps? Sena think to himself, as he observe her security and herself. 

His stomach grumble again. Argh crap can’t you be quite for once? The grumble made the woman notice Sena, who is just kind of embarassed with it. The woman made a remarks on his grumbling, “errr...” he let out a small laugh, “yeah kinda hungry. And yes I’m also cadet here.” He quickly reply

When the woman offer Sena an autograph, he refused, “there is no need for you to give me that, no worries thought, I won’t tell anyone, but anyway who are you?” He asked.

Radovan offers up a warm smile to Jenny after the mess has been cleaned up, and he tried his best to sound reassuring when he said, "Well, out of all of the ice cream stands I have ever visited in my life, none of them were run by anyone as charismatic or beautiful as you are Jenny~, that and besides; you don't have to be a police woman to be an important person in someone's life...why don't you try and invent a delicious new ice cream flavor or something? iunno."

He quickly noticed the presence of someone running up to approach the two of them, and in one swift movement he twirled around and patted the heads of both Cathode and Zeta before he identified the newcomer and said, "Oh hey there Emma~, it's good of you to finally join us!"

Kalva retracted his hand as Terry edged away. He had seen countless Pokemon do this - but in 02, they were out of fear, trauma from past abusers.

Terry was something different. It, too, was fear - but Kalva felt as if it was a fear of oneself. Guilt from a past sin, and fear of doing it again. And now Terry was in a trance.

...if there's a way to break someone out of a trance, there was one thing. Remind them of who they are.

He sent a message to Terry's A-Com, then, striding toward to Terry, Kalva gripped Terry's arm tightly and showed him Quina's Aetherball.

The message said,

"you are a nurse 

please help me

heal her"

Cathode was surprised at Zeta's question, before remembering her circumstances. "Huh? It's a woman that works for the police." as an afterthought she quickly added "The police's job is to keep the place safe by ca-" It was at that moment that Radovan had patted her head,  briefly disorienting her, as she tried to get her bearings and finish "c-c-catching t-the bad guys a-a-a-ndand anyone causing problems."  she finished tensely while having both her fists in front of her neck.  She then turned around to see what was up only to see Emmanuel halting in front of them after seemingly having been running.

"Oh hi- a-are you okay? you seem troubled."

Emmanuel nodded at Radovan, before getting up close to see what was going on. But somehow, Cathode saw right through him. "N-No. I just visited the Abravator society, that's all." He hastily replied. The new legend was worrying, but in order for his plan to work, he needed to make sure that his intent to inquire the Vice President about it is hidden. He wanted it to be a one-on-one confrontation, where damage would be minimized.

He peered into the parlor, only to find Jenny sulking, as well as a mess on the ground. "M-More importantly! What happened here?"

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

RADOVAN & CATHODE

*+Jenny*

"I thumbled the ice cream machine over..." Jenny tells Emmanuel. She blushed a bit at Radovan's comment. Well, more like, blushed a lot. "N-no one's ever told me that." She responds shily, looking away. Her gaze turns thoughtful as she grows silent, leaving Zeta's giggle to resound freely over Cathode's reaction at Radovan patting her.

"I'll have your ice cream be on the house next time you come here." Jenny turns back to the crew and gives them a feeble smile. "I'll try my best. You just go do your thing."

SPACE AETHER HQ #00 MEDBAY

KALVA

*+Terry*

Terry looks at his A-Comm intently for a moment, then back at Kalva, pulling his hand away. "You could've just gone to any of the terminals, you know." He says before looking away.

"..."

"But I guess I could take a look." He pulls out an Aether Ball and throws it in the air. A Chansey pops out with a bright flash. He prepares some cloth to be a makeshift bed for Quina on the floor. "Come on, call her out." He waits until Kalva does so, and, once Quina's out, he pulls his A-Comm and starts scanning her. "I see. This wasn't normal damage she took. That'd be too easy to heal. This was a direct drain of her type energy." Kalva recognizes the term. Type energy determines the type of the Pokemon. Every type gathers and uses different branches of this energy. That's how types are differentiated without error.

"Oh, in layman's terms, it's just life energy, I suppose. You're no layman though." Terry shrugs, extending a hand to Chansey, who pulls an egg out of her pooch, which is immediately replaced by a new identical egg popping up from the pouch. The egg glows and cracks, showering Quina in a soft glow. She opens her eyes weakly and takes a look around. She's too week to stand yet. Terry hands the egg to Kalva. It's filled with a golden liquid. "Feed the insides to her. It should stabilize her for now. She'll need to rest and regain the energy on her own. The same happened to that girl they took away. Humans don't have that much type energy to begin with...and she was already sick anyways..." He clenches his fists. "What do they even need from her? She might die."

SPACE AETHER HQ #00 ELEVATOR

SENA

*+???*

The woman seems taken aback by the question of who she was. Her mouth slightly agape in surprise, slowly forms into a smile and she starts laughing earnestly. "Hahaha, so you don't know me. That's a new one." She says. The bodyguards start turning to peek what's going on. "I won't tell you who I am then. It's better not to have everyone in the worlds knowing about me. Makes it easier to live."

"I'll give you an autograph though. Don't sell it for too little if you're not interested." She extends a hand and one of the guards places a small paper tissue on it. Another one hands her a pen. She scribbles a small Tsareena chibi on the bottom right corner of the paper and hands it to Sena.

[Sena received 'Tsareena's Autograph' key item]

-try using it on a Tsareena-!-

The door opens at that point and it's the cafeteria level.

"Feel free to go eat~" The woman steps to the side, allowing Sena to leave if he wanted. "Well then~? Or do you like me that much!"

[Will Sena leave or stay?]

Kalva sat on the floor, placed the towel on his lap and Quina on top of it, so her position was slightly elevated and she wouldn't choke on the Soft-Boiled egg. With uttermost care, Kalva periodically fed her the potion, giving her time to rest.

He was in no way a professional, but it was apparent he was quite experienced. He looked up in alarm at the peril the woman was put in.

And she was hit directly with the dark wave attack as well!

He placed the egg down temporarily to message Terry. "do you know where she is taken to"

Radovan flashed a warm and inviting smile in Jenny's direction before he looked her in the eyes and said, "Miss Jenny tell me, what was it like to live among the blind and deaf? For surely everyone else in your life must be blind to not have noticed your beauty, and they would surely be deaf to have not found themselves to be charmed by the sound of your beautiful voice." He took a step forward to be just a little closer to Jenny as his hands ran through Zeta and Cathode's hair, "And you don't have to promise me that you will do your best from now on miss Jenny, because we both know that you already do." He left a brief pause as his warm smile widened just a tiny bit right before he jokingly said, "Except for today of course, but we all have our off days now don't we?"

Emmanuel nodded silently, as he began to notice that Radovan was flirting with Jenny. He refrained from saying anything else, as there was clearly more to the situation than just slipping up while working. So, he decided to take a back seat and let Radovan handle it.

He hid his disappointment in regards to the lack of ice cream, and simply listened.

Cathode could not help but find Radovan's flirticious attempts pretty cheesy. She looked sideways to zeta, tilted her head towards her and  told her, "Before you get impressed on his words, you shouldn't. Boys say stuff like that all the time to impress the girls."

SPACE AETHER HQ #00

RADOVAN, EMMANUEL & CATHODE

*+Jenny, Zeta*

Jenny's face now turned bright red and the Cadets surely felt a sudden increase in temperature permeate the room...

Hopefully it wouldn't melt the ice cream even more.

Either way, Jenny seems speechless at Radovan's remark. She's opening and closing her mouth but no words are coming out.

Regarding Cathode and Zeta, it was already too late for that, as Zeta's eyes sparkled and she clapped her hands together in awe. "But Cathode, Radovan is so nice to miss Jenny. She seems happy too so is it really bad?"

"Mmmmmmmm............" Jenny mumbles, clapping her cheeks a couple times to get her shit together. "Ok Radovan you do realize I'm too old for you...I think?" She shrugs and smiles. "But thanks though. You guys should really be going now. I'll take care of stuff here. You go do your Cadet business."

SPACE AETHER HQ #00 MEDBAY

KALVA

*+Terry*

"No clue." Terry answers. He watches over how Kalva takes care of Quina and nods contently. "But Betani really got a high position over at Security. That means she's working directly under the Vice Prez and P-AZ."

"Speaking of P-AZ...you guys do still have the Mechamon, right?"