Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Emmaunel wore fairly little. A straw hat, a casual white t-shirt, and a pair of khaki beach pants, and that was all. Poochy walked alongside him, as well as Nicaea, who was especially hyperactive with the Chlorophyll kicking in. Solosis wanted none of the heat, though, so she hid in her ball As soon as the beachside was within reach, he immediately reached for the white sand. Warm and soft, much unlike the coarse, grimy dirt in #02. He felt the paradise with his own hands, and flipped onto the beach with his back, fulling embracing the warmth.

"Hahahahahahahaha..."

He let out a meek and long laugh, letting go of his burdens. Poochy, on the other hand, saw Zeta and imitated her by rolling in the sand as well, woofing happily.

As the others had moved along, he quickly regained his pace and followed, after brushing the sand on his back off. He thought about the ghost girl, contemplating the connection between her and the Abravators' words, but it wasn't the time to investigate anyway. The more important objective was to visit Betani... who apparently lives in a tropical resort.

If the others hadn't rung the doorbell yet, he would do it for them.

Meanwhile Radovan seemed surprisingly miserable in his usual, average, everyday golden scaled trench coat that covered a pair of black shorts.... and nothing else in particular as he felt that wearing anything else to the beach would be an unnecessary embellishment, especially since he felt that the false collar he wore would be enough to fool all but the most observant of people into thinking that he was wearing a shirt.

He the entirety of the walk over to Uno's home by hiding under the coolish shade provided by the black telescoping umbrella he insisted on carrying around everywhere, and he let out a sigh of relief once everyone stopped dilly dallying for long enough to allow them to arrive at the door that seemed to promise a certain amount of air conditioning beyond it.

He quickly took the lead and jabbed precisely at the doorbell in ways that might have clocked someone hovering a little too close to it in the face as he faffed about with unfolding his umbrella, and he did not stop ringing the doorbell even after he had already tucked his umbrella away to a warm place, as the sooner they moved to a cooler place where the less affluent members of the group wanted to stop every five seconds to admire the landscape, the better.

As much as Cathode wanted to enjoy her being in this place,  the heat simply did not let her do so,  as she was not particularly used, or fond to it. Her skull was sweaty under her bushy hair, and same for the rest of her body under her everyday clothes, since she wasn't the type of person to wear  different things depending on occasion.  She wished she had made an exception this time though.

Seeing people and pokemon rolling in the hot sand,  only filler her with questions of why would someone want to feel even hotter,  so she stayed with Radovan who, like her,  seemed more straightforward regarding their reason of coming here.  After all, Uno had seemed interesting to her,  and getting to know her better would satisfy her curiosity, although her father had told her to be careful around such people,  when Cathode was describing Uno to him during one of their calls. He was just being overprotective, she thought.

As they reached Uno's residence, she stared with awe at what was nothing short of a mansion, and was picturing how would someone live in a place like this, although she was prompty pulled back to reality by Radovan's rather forceful jabbing on the doorbell.

"H-hey, I th-think this way of ringing doorbells isn't the most polite...  e-especially since we were invited here!"  She stuttered, more timidly than angrily or annoyedly,   afraid that Uno might not appreciate this.

Sena wore something simple for today, as he doesn't really like being stand out too much. He only wear shorts and a white sport tank top, of course he want to wear black, but going on a beach with that color? a big no no for him. Verna rested on his head, tired from flying around. He follow around with the group to Uno and Betani's house, while also enjoying the walk on beach.

I still can't believe I didn't get anything from that seemingly Rob guy weeks ago... He said to himself, while it has been two weeks after meeting "Rob", Sena still feeling bothered by the guy, he can't find something useful or important from the guy. ugggh maybe I should forget it and just focus on what we'll be doing today.

As Sena arrived on Uno's house... wait no a freaking mansion with the whole group, Sena was staring with awe at the mansion, as he, himself doesn't really have a big house as big as this. "uhhh you sure we came to the right place?". Before anyone says anything, Sena saw Radovan ringing the bell. This guy is just... an idiot and plain rude... As he just there standing, doing facepalm.

UNO'S HOUSE

EVERYONE

*+Zeta, Uno?*

As Radovan continues pressing the button, a ringing sounds keeps resounding from within the house. Nothing happens for a while, but soon enough, the Cadets hear a door opening somewhere behind the gate. Rustling of what sounds like cloth against the ground sneaks beneath Radovan's ringing, moving towards them hurriedly.

Music: Utopia

"I'm-I'm coming-" A familiar voice reaches them ever so silently and the gates are opened.

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcg2ge3.png

"Everyone, you're here-!" The woman speaks with a smile, apparently not bothered at all by Radovan's frantic ringing, but it's not the woman you remember. Actually, it is the woman, but she appears...she appears fine. Her body seems strong, her cheeks full and blush, and her hair now cut neatly, like the peel of a tropical fruit. Her thick dress reaches the ground and you wonder how she can remain in such clothing with such heat.

"I have been waiting for so long to see you all again. I am very grateful you've accepted my invitation. I've never had friends I could go see the Magikarp Festival together with, so I am truly very thankful."

Radovan slowly but surely stepped up to approach Uno as she spoke, and just as she finished speaking he quietly ignored the voice in his head that suddenly made him realize just how under dressed he was as he pulled Uno into a hug and said, "Of course we're all here! I'm pretty sure that everyone here was just dying to know how you were faring after we were all separated, since you didn't tell us where you were going or well... talked to us at all before you invited us over silly~" He then slowly pulled away from her and showed her a genuine smile as he continued with, "That and I'm pretty sure that none of us could turn down a free vacation after what we've all been through, and I just had to show Zeta what a beach is."

He then took another step back and blatantly looked up and down her before he said, "
But anyway have they been feeding you anyway? You look a lot.... healthier than you did before, did something good happen?"

"Hi, Uno!" Emmanuel greeted Uno. He let Poochy and Nicaea spend their time outside, as they would enjoy it more. That and bringing them in would mean more sand on the floor. "So... What's this 'Magikarp Festival' all about? I haven't really researched things like this before. I'd never dream of being able to enjoy festivities like this one, after all."

As Sena saw Emm let Poochy and Nicaea play outside he decide to wake up Noibat to let her play with them not because he’s getting tired with her sleeping up there. “Oi Verna time for you to get up, go play with Poochy and Nicaea you sleepy head.” She just nodded with a sleepy face before flying outside, getting some more fresh hot air joining the other two pokemon.

Good to see you, Uno.” Sena greeted Uno. “Guess this is our first meeting... well just call me Sena, Ryugami Sena.”

"H-hi Uno! I see you looking g-good! hehe-"  Cathode was a little lost in the contrast between the old and the new Uno.  She also was not one for festivities or any social events for that matter which made her ask. "A f-festival? Are there going to be a lot of people there?"

UNO'S HOUSE

EVERYONE

*+Zeta, Uno*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcg2ge3.png

"Radovan, please." Uno says as Radovan hugs her, but she doesn't do much aside from giggling like a little girl. More than anything, the gesture seems to have had her flustered all of a sudden, as her cheeks grew red in hue. Slowly, she hugs him back softly before letting go.

"The beach is the best!" Zeta's voice interrupts as Radovan mentions her and she runs up to the group, smiling, a bit of sand in her hair. Uno smiles back and, with a graceful hand gesture that had Zeta focused on it in anticipation, pats the young girl's head to rid it of the sand. Zeta sneezes before smiling, as some sand must have gotten in her nose. "I'm supposed to say thanks now~" She answers, all-knowingly and proud of herself.

"Ryugami Sena. I apologize for not having met with you directly before." Uno bows to the boy. "Do not worry about anything, you are as welcome into my home as everyone else here. After all, you're the ones who saved me."

The woman proceeds to greet everyone else gathered there with a slight bow. "You've not heard of the traditional Magikarp Festival? It is the most important event here on this island, gathering people from all over the Nexuses. We do it when the Magikarp in our waters are readying to mate. Magikarp trainers from all over gather here to see whose Magikarp is the strongest in a series of competitions and battles. I've always wanted to see it, but I was too sickly to leave the mansion. The excitement from such a large gathering was dangerous for me." She smiles at Cathode. "There will be a crowd, but we are going to go together. I won't let you get separated from me, if it'll make you feel better. But please, let us proceed inside now. I need to show you to your rooms, and it is silly to stay here at the gates in this heat. Feel free to let your Pokemon roam through the gardens. The wall of the house will keep them from the passerbies' stares." With another bow, Uno steps to the side, greeting you to the gardens leading up to her home.

The mansion is even larger from up close. It isn't as tall as it appeared to be, but it is a large estate anyways, spreding over from left to right, encompassing your vision. A clean dirt road leads to the traditional-looking wooden and paper entrance door. They open to the side and Uno leads you inside, where you can take a relaxing breath as cold air washes over you. It is air-conditioned despite its appearance.

"Your rooms are upstairs. Let's leave your baggage there before I show you the rest of the house."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcgfu6l.png

The house is even larger on the inside. You've left your possessions in two upstairs rooms-one for the boys and one for the girls, and have followed Uno's tour through the house. The house is encircled by the green gardens, with small ponds and such, with outside hallways connection to large rooms such as the kitchen or the table room. At one such pond, you've seen Lampy swimming around happily. The Chinchou waved its small fins at you and Uno waved back. "Lampy was looking forward to seeing you as well. We're both very grateful to your group."

"I hope you don't get lost too much, I know it is a large house." Uno says whimsically, placing a hand over her lips. Something bothers you, though, the entire house is empty. And not just as in empty of people, it is empty of any decoration or items. It is merely equipped with the items and appliances any old house should have to be livable in. You've seen naught of Uno's own possessions or any pictures of the past. Almost like this house was abandoned, rather than inhabited by an adult woman who also claimed to have spent her sickly years inside.

"Miss Uno, do you have ice cream?" Zeta asks as Uno leads the group to an outer hallway, where the young girl sits on the porch, looking at the garden with a big smile.

"Of course, I have plenty of food I've bought just for this occassion!" Uno claps her hands merrily. "If you want I can get it for you now. And if anyone else wants something, I can bring it as well. Don't be shy to ask, I have plenty for all."

Radovan was mostly unconcerned about the complete and utter lack of decorations or family portraits present in Uno's home, as his mind was too busy exploring the ever important thought of

'

>Trainers

>Battling Magikarp to see which one is stronger

>This boring tacklefest is a festival

>Wut, they might as well just showcase how high their Magikarp can splash when compared to someone else's'

Which of course only lasted until his mind realized that was probably one of the competitions as well and resolved to capture his own Magikarp, do some emergency training, assemble a playlist, and show everyone a classical underdog story tha- his mind abruptly segued into two concurrent thoughts about Uno's attractiveness and eligibility and wanting to pet Zeta and Lampy for a  brief moment before he said, "Oh don't worry Uno, I'm used to living in large houses by now, and at least this one feels a lot less cramped than the shed the six of us live in."

He then mentally resisted the slight urge to respond to Uno's question with a single sentence before he took a step closer towards Uno and patted Zeta's head, "Where would I go to get a Magikarp then? Do you have a fishing rod or something I could borrow from you?."

Emmanuel responded to the summary of the festival with a long "Ooooh." He had expected some long-winded story behind the festival, but as it turned out, it was just held because Magikarp mating was a big deal in #03 for some reasons. He saw those things in textbooks and databases before. Despite how pathetic they are in combat, he has some respect for its great tolerance toward highly polluted water.

He took his time and observed the house. He was going to take notes and redecorate the gang's place later, but there was just one problem - no decoration in sight.

"Hey... Uno. Has this house always been like this? It's so... empty," he asked nonchalantly.

"Oh... that's at least reassuring. I've been forced to be in places with a lot of people lately  but i still avoided too much mingling." 

As per Uno's encouragement, She let Suzie out on the beach.  The rock snake stretched, looked at the surroundings with mild interest, and proceeded to partially bury herself in the sand, content. "You do you, Suz, just be careful to not  get too close to the water. We'll be here a while."  she said before going in with the others. 

Suzie wasn't so fond of capturing a Magikarp herself just to force it to fight in an event, so she didn't share Radovan's sentiments.  Though she figured it was a decent oppurtunity for the non-wild Karps to mate.

Cathode was about to voice the same concern as Emmanuel, until she saw the chinchou greeting her. "Lampy!"  she squeaked,  and ran off towards the pond to pet him.  "You seem well! Those injuries by the tree thingy had left me worried!"

UNO'S HOUSE

EVERYONE

*+Zeta, Uno*

"Why of course, Radovan!" Uno claps her hands, a whimsical smile dancing excitedly on her lips. "I have already prepared a boat and a rod and we can go to the open seas in the evening to catch a nice and strong Magikarp for you! I was, well...I was hoping one of you would want to participate. We can enter as a team then and have more fun than just watching from the sidelines!" The woman speaks excitedly as nearly unbefitting of her apparent age.

Cathode would've been able to let Suzie out in Uno's garden. The house itself wasn't at the beach, but rather slightly higher on a slope overlooking the beach, in an old part of the settlement, forested and further from the city's and island's center. It provided a nice view at the beach but was still far enough so that the sounds coming from the busy gatherings by the sea wouldn't bother them. Uno doesn't seem to mind Suzie's big body wreaking some havoc in the garden. In fact, she waves and nods towards the rock snake with a smile.

Lampy jumps out of the pond and into Cathode's arms. He nods happily to signify there was nothing to worry about.

"Oh is my house empty?" Uno asks Emmanuel back. "I've never noticed really. Does it bother you? No one really lives here but me a-and it's a big house, you know. Plus I was ill until only recently..."

"Well, not really. Just a bit curious, that's all," Emmanuel answered. "A big and empty house could feel scary at night, but I guess it hasn't really bothered you much." He glanced over Uno's face, reassuring himself that an empty house doesn't necessarily contribute to a sick person's health. And besides, there was another possibility...

"Oh! By the way, after you show us to our rooms, could we take a look at your room?"

"Haha! If you say so! I'm happy about that!"  Cathode said whole petting the cute chinchou.  With him cradled, she walked towards the others, her mood improved. She heard what could be the start of a discussion as she joined them.  "Yeah, the house is pretty big,  you can't be living all by yourself, right? right? Does Betani normally live here when she has days off?"

UNO'S HOUSE

EVERYONE

*+Zeta, Uno*

"M-my room?" Uno blushes at Emmanuel's proposal. "I meant to sleep in the girls' room anyways..." Radovan's hug seemingly interrupts her, though the woman seemed uncomfortable speaking of her room either way. She was probably happy that she could dodge the issue for now.

"I don't have a Magikarp, that's why we need to go fish for one. Oh and I live alone, yes. I've had some medical staff checking up on me while I was ill and some helpers to assist me through the day, but now I'm happy to be independent." She turns over towards Cathode. "Betani has abandoned this home long ago...she never came back once she left." She sighs.

Zeta looks up at Uno suddenly. "That's how I lived until now, all alone with my Meggi and Murki, but now I'm with these guys." She chirps, at which Uno smiles.

"Is that so? Well I'm glad you're happy." She says before patting the young girl's head. In a way, they were both quite childish in nature, despite Uno's appearances. "We should go check out the town if you all want. I've not been to it much so it'll be a new experience for me too! And then in the evening we can go look for fishing spots for you, Radovan."

"...Mm. Never mind, then," Emmanuel looked away. That was almost somewhat relieving, though. Uno must have only really decorated her own room, he thought.

"That sounds like a good idea," he nodded. He caught a glimpse of the town on the way here. The folklore that he heard on the passing seemed interesting enough, and along with the Magikarp Festival, he felt like he might learn something that would bring him closer to whatever the Abravator said.

"You know it is rude to ask a woman if you could come inside of her room so quickly after you met them Emma, especially in front of a large crowd of people, why some people might end up thinking of such terrible thoughts about her and her reputation if she accepted," Radovan said in a calm and non judgemental  tone of voice that would be befitting of an actor starring in a video about workplace sexual harassment, which unfortunately clashed with his current course of action, as he was quite busy with holding Uno in a comfortably tight embrace.

"But anyway do you know of any good places to eat around here then Uno? Maybe we can all have a bit of seafood before we head-wait no, I meant after we head out to fish out a Magikarp?, it could be niceeeee."

"This will be the fourth civilized place I'm gonna visit..."  Cathode voiced anxiously upon the realization.  "I'm always not entirely ready for it but...  I hope we find a quiet place to sit down at..."

Radovan looks thoughtful for a moment before he quickly replied with, "Okay then, well in that case do you know of any Seafood restaurants that has a karaoke machine or a piano Uno? Preferably a classy place with some candles on th-," he glances at Zeta for a moment before he continues with, "Trash can because no one uses candles anymore."

• 4 weeks later...

#04 TOWN

EVERYONE

*+Zeta, Uno*

Music: Paradise

Uno had no clue whether there was a food place nearby, so she took the others out to search for any such places. They eventually found one and noted its location-a nice traditional looking restaurant which appealed to the tropical background of #04's island culture. They served Magikarp, of course, fine dining.

Further, Uno took them around town some more. Everything seemed to be quiet, although that was to be expected in such hot weather, no one was in town, everyone was at the beach. "The whole town bustles with life when evening falls. Oh, you'll just love the festival atmosphere!" Uno said. Apparently as a resort island, Wailuda boasted a vibrant night life. Uno's home was away from the center so it was still relatively quiet, but she said it would get really loud here in the center and at the beaches, especially around the festival. Hanging from the streetlamps and houses you can see paper decorations of Magikarp. People at stalls sitting quietly selling various Magikarp memorabilia. A shady looking person trying to sell you an awesome secret Pokemon for 500 bucks. It was weird how life at the seaside was so different, all because it's sunny and warm, so people seek out the shade of the nightfall. You wonder then, with such a bustling festival nights, how did the story of the ghost come to be?

That's right, the ghost lady. You've heard back at the HQ that there have been several cases of missing people in Wailuda and that Cadets were actively searching the area for clues, but that mission wasn't your assignment, as you came here on vacation. Could there be truth in the story about the ghost? Would you then try to look for some of your colleagues?

The sun wears you out simply from walking around. You could also technically go to the beach, though your Pokemon wouldn't be allowed there with you. Afternoon beckons for a swim, no? Don't forget to put sunscreen on, though.

Where will you go:

1) the restaurant

2) the town center

3) investigate the ghost case

4) the beach

[Everyone can go wherever they want. It's not mandatory you go as a group. Decide in your next post.]

"Hoo... It's getting really hot. And I thought Poochy was just getting exhausted from playing in the sand," Emmanuel remarked. He had recalled Poochy back to her ball earlier after she got visibly exhausted just by walking around. He wished he had a ball to drill into as well. Nicaea, on the other hand, continued to frolic under the blazing daylight. He looked at Nicaea, and sighed. "I guess I'm staying under the sun for awhile with Nicaea. I'm going to check on the Cadets here while I'm at it. Apparently they're looking into the disappearances in the town here, and I'm kind of interested. I'll get to the restaurant a bit later, so don't worry about me, alright?" He waved at Uno, before walking through the shades between the buildings into another street, looking for the Cadets here.

"hmmm" Sena was rather interested with the ghost story, and knowing they are quite close with the rumored location, he decided to try investigate the ghost stories. "I'll be going somewhere else. If you guys need me or something, just call." as he said that he left the group, trying to investigate the story. maybe I could try get a clue on that pokemon... 

With that Sena trying to find some clue about the ghost girl along with Verna