Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

"Oh he did, did he?" Said Radovan as he slowly sat down right next to Zeta, and he slowly pushed the glass and it's contents to an empty area of the table with a slight frown on his face. A brief and slightly awkward moment of silence occurred as Radovan patted Zeta a bit before he worked up the courage to say, "Well miss Rubia, If you don't mind me asking, what's the occasion anyway? Since I'm sure that Gyaradosmeat isn't exactly everyday fare."

#04 RISTORANTE

RADOVAN

*+Zeta; Rubia*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcmy0cy.png

"Why yes, Gyarados meat is hard to come by. Although you must've heard about the recent surge of wild Magikarp evolutions around these waters. This is no special occassion, this is simply us eating the Gyarados the Chief killed at the beach. The Chief specializes in training Magikarp and Gyarados, so this is a way of saying thank you to the Pokemon for him." Rubia answers calmly. "They say it's rough and lacks taste. A proper delicacy, only for the strong jawed."

Zeta bites a couple of times into thin air. "I hope I have a strong jaw..."

"Unlikely."

"Miss Rubia!" Zeta pouts, but Rubia has already focused on Radovan instead.

"We've not been properly introduced. I am Rubia, the Chief's secretary, and thusly the chief secretary at Space Aether." She doesn't offer him a hand, rather just bows her head slightly.

"What's a secretary?"

"I do all the things the Chief is incapable of. Which equates to around 87% by last year's reports."

"Wow, sounds tough!"

"I've seen things."

• 2 weeks later...

#04 TOWN - HOUSE
SENA

*+Ghost girl???*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcn1sv6.png

"Well duh, the super special Space Aether Academy Ghost Division! We, and by that I mean me and Dolly, search for ghosts. Like, not Ghost Pokemon, but ghosts! And I've seen you're interested in the ghost case here in #04, so naturally I recruited you!" The girl speaks relentlessly and excitedly as the Shuppet floats around her head. She grows silent for a moment, putting a finger on her chin. "Oh don't worry about this guy. We'll just dump him off outside and someone should find him. Anyways, we'll be moving out to find the ghost woman during the festival tonight! I'm pretty sure she'll show up. Then we capture her and have her talk to us about the ghost world! You in?"

She seems to be expecting, no, she seems she's already decided that Sena's answer should be yes, from the way her eyes sparkle as she draws closer to the boy, hands clasped.

---------------------------------------------------------

#04 TOWN

EMMANUEL & CATHODE

*+Uno, 3 patrolling Cadets*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcn1t9h.png

"Uhm.." The Cadets seem somewhat disgruntled by Emmanuel's words. "So have you witnessed the disappearance? All of the disappearances have happened at night. Like, he probably just wandered off. We can come look with you if you're really that worried."

Emmanuel considered for a second. "Hm. I guess it does make sense that he's only just wandered off while I wasn't looking. I'll look for him on my own, then. Sorry for the trouble." He said, as he waddled away and met up with Uno and Cathode.

"So... They told me that the disappearances happened at night. I suggest that we wait until evening. We'll be in a better position then to look into the case."

"what? first of all. Who are you? Second, why does this division exist and why it's existence is pretty much a secret? third, would it be okay to give back my A-comm? I can't really help you without that... and who is this guy anyway, he seems to know something about the ghost girl. If ya wanna investigate this ghost might as well ask this guy who might know something about her." said Sena, who is still dumbfounded with the situation he's in. While he kinda appreciate the help he might get, he's still suspicious with the girl and her shenanigan.

"How is it considered a delicacy if it is known for being practically inedible? Since unless you're mixing it with the sweet taste of victory from slaying it in the first place, and unless you tenderized it with your pokemon's pumelling blows it, it honestly seems to be something you'd eat more out of...desperation if you were forced to eat it at all," Radovan opined as he leaned back on his seat a little and stroked Zeta's hair, "And it is a pleasure to meet you Miss Rubia, my name is Radovan, and I'm just a cadet for now, a cadet whose not really surenot sure why he was given  a vacation so soon after his first mission, no matter how odd the circumstances of it were."

#04 TOWN - HOUSE
SENA

*+Ghost girl???*

The girl laughs heartily at Sena's questions. She holds out one finger for the first answer, two for the second, and three for the third, giving a slight giggle with that one and sticking her tongue out. "One, you can call me Leader, I'm a fugitive from the Space Aether Academy. Two, you're silly, if we weren't secret, we would be discontinued. It's as simple as that! And three, well, I can't return your A-Comm because I broke it. Duuuuh, do you want us to get tracked while we're doing our business!? I thought you were at least some kinda wannabe pro, geez. On and this guy is useless. The stuff he's told you is child's play, everyone knows it. I coulda told you that. If you want more juice on the ghost, you'll have to agree to work with Dolly, Motor and me as part of the Ghost Division! Come on, I gave you three answers, so it's only fair you give me at least one back."

Of note is the fact the girl does seem to have an A-Comm on her person. Thus why couldn't they just track her?

[Agree to join the Ghost Division?]

yes/no

------------------------------------------------------------

#04 TOWN

EMMANUEL & CATHODE

*+Uno*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dco0uhz.png

"Thank goodness this time went well." Uno says with a sigh of relief. "The festival parties start in the evening. Do you think this ghost might be using the commotion to get away more easily?" She asks, leading the way to the nearby ice cream stand.

"Yooooo, Emmanuel, Cathode!" A voice calls out to you from the stand's direction, still like, 50 meters away from you. "YAHOOOO, I'M OVER HERE COME BUY MY ICE CREAM!!!"

"Oh, d-do you know this ice cream woman?" Uno asks as you continue walking.

-----------------------------------------------------------

#04 RISTORANTE

RADOVAN

*+Zeta; Rubia*

"It's a delicacy exactly because it's barely edible. And it's hard to come by as you said." Rubia answers without batting an eye. "Oh my, this is boring without the Chief." She says, looking to the door where the man went. Her eyes glance at Radovan and Zeta from the side with a piercing gaze. "Promise that you won't say anything about what I'm about to disclose to anyone. The Chief is a public person, it does not need to be known."

Zeta nods, confused, while Rubia clears her throat. "Chief, your Double Maxi Tamato Espresso with extra sugar is cooling!" She shouts.

And on cue, the door slams open.

"I FORGOT." The man yells. Looking at the table, he is first confused seeing Radovan and Zeta at his seats, but then he smiles. "We have guests too!"

"Excuse the Chief, the sugar gets to him." She pulls a set of papers in a file from behind her back and hands both Radovan and Zeta what appears to be a non-disclosure agreement. She hands each a pen as well. "Please sign this here. By signing, you agree not to speak of the Double Maxi Tamato Espresso with extra sugar."

[Agree on the non-disclosure?]

y/n

Partially because of the ice cream,  and partially because of the person selling them,  Cathode immediately  pepped up,  and  ran towards the source of all that.   She couldn't see too clearly from that distance, but there was only one ice cream female seller she was acquainted with, after all.      

"Miss Jennyyy! How are you? What are you doing here? How's Magnum?"

Sena saw her a-comm which pretty much prove she was part of the aether academy. He rather not asking her that, as she might dodge the question... he probably gonna ask her later on when he have a slightly better idea on who the heck she is.

“alright I’ll help, but let’s just say that I’m just a part time worker in this division.” Sena paused for a minute, before continuing “also in one condition. When this whole ghost shenanigan ended, tell me about why they brand you as fugitive and whywhole division must be kept secret.”

Radovan had a quizzical look on his face as he gently stroked Zeta's hair and asked,"Why do I need to sign an NDA over an expresso again? Does the chief have any sugar related health problems we're not supposed to know about? No offense Chief."

"But, if it's a ghost, what difference does it make? A ghost wouldn't be any easier to catch at day. Not to mention how the town's practically a ghost town at day with how hot it is. If anything, it'd be easier to catch at night, since it wouldn't be as hot, and there would be more people around," Emmanuel said.

He then heard a familiar voice. "Oh, hi Jenny!" He waved at the ice cream stand, before turning back to Uno. "Her? She's an ice cream vendor who we met at the HQ just after we got back from the last mission. I wonder what brought her here... " He said, as he walked to Jenny's stand.

#04 TOWN - HOUSE
SENA

*+Leader*

☆Sena is now affiliated with the Ghost Division☆

-Sena can no longer access the joined A-Comm account of his group-

-Sena can no longer access his Items-

-Sena can no longer assign Effort Points to his Pokemon-

[Sena's bond with Leader has leveled up to ☆!]

-Leader can now use Trickster lv 1-

-Leader and Dolly will now Assist Sena in combat-

The girl, introduced as Leader, perks up when Sean agrees. She claps her hands together and gestures at Sena with a thumb up. "Part time Ghost Division Detective Sena it is!" She says as the Shuppet floats around her head. "Fufufu, then the first thing we gotta do is tell you about the Ghost Girl everyone around here fears! Come with me downstairs!" She grabs Sena's hand and forcefully drags him down. She's at least a head shorter than him but she still yanks hard enough he can't fight back. She leads him down into an apparent living area with a table and loads of dust everywhere. It's lit only by desk lamps scattered around the floor, giving the place a nightly vibe despite it probably still being day outside. Oh, and all the blinds are down and some of the windows are also shut with wooden boards. "Sit down!" She pushes Sena into one of the chairs at the table. You've apparently just left the unconcious guy upstairs.

Leader runs around and flicks all the lamps off, then runs up and jumps on the table, pulling her A-Comm out and using it as a flashlight to illuminate her face spoopily.

"Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you ready to have your eyes opened to THE TRUTH? The disappearances around here are all caused by the Ghost Girl, though I like to call her the Dancer. You know, cause she dances. That's why she appears at the Festival. It's so that people can see her dance! So, to catch her, we just need to provide her with a place she'd wanna dance at! And it has to be at night!" She kneels down on the table so that her face is closer to Sena's. Dolly's eyes seem to pierce the darkness behind her, glaringly yellow. "You wanna know why she dances in the afterlife?" She asks in a hushed, spoopy tone. "Come on, guess!"

------------------------------------------------------------

#04 TOWN

EMMANUEL & CATHODE

*+Uno, Jenny*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dco6hxb.png

Music: The world Jenny lives in

"Cathode!" Jenny shouts as Magnum pops up from somewhere behind the ice cream stand. There are several chairs and tables under parasols around the stand. "Emmanuel! And you, hello new customer, my name is Jenny and this is my ice cream shop. Pleased to meet you." Jenny gives a slight bow as Magnum frowns. Uno turns to Emmanuel with a hand to her chest. "O-oh, so you think it might prefer the night for some other reason?" She asks. "My name is Uno, pleased to meet you as well." She bows back to Jenny.

Jenny grins joyfully and leans over the stand towards Cathode and Emm. "I'm doing great after our last meeting! Since you've helped me out, no one's really noticed the mess I'd made. In fact, this whole deal where I'm here is because boss thought I'm ready to handle more traffic, so I was put at a busier place!"

"..."

"...though there aren't that many people around right noooow..." Jenny gives an embarrassed chuckle as she scratches the back of her head. "U-uhm and I'm working the day shift here... So I actually got more traffic back at the HQ................................................." Magnum frowns and shakes his head as Jenny gives a long sigh. "B-but I've been working on new ice cream flavors in the meantime! You know that some bigshot from this Nexus really likes this crazy weird sugar-filled coffee with tamato berries in it? So I been trying to make it work to, you know, appeal to the locals AND tourists around! So say, wanna be my guinea pigs?" Jenny's grin is wide, while Uno seems uncomfortable.

"U-uh......" She stutters. "S-sounds great but I'll pass?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#04 RISTORANTE

RADOVAN

*+Zeta; Rubia; Chief*

"You do not need to know the details. You just need to know that this information is classified." Rubia glares down at Radovan while Zeta is busy staring at the paper, holding it out in front of herself and frowning, turning it around. In the meantime, the Chief walks over and seems he wants to add something or answer Radovan's question, but Rubia promptly stands up and holds a hand over his face. "Not a word out of you, Chief. Taking care of your public image is already problematic enough." She says and, upon seeing him shrug and seemingly give up on his intent, she sits back down.

The moment she sits back down though... "Rubia says I'm addicted to sugar but she's overexaggerating. Some people have already used the knowledge to try and take me down in the past, haha, you know! So she worries over nothing." He sits down at the table, pulling a nearby chair.

"CHIEF!" Rubia sighs and pulls out another paper for Zeta and Radovan to sign. "Please sign this as well." Zeta is now busy signing them as the Chief grabs the glass and jugs it all down, licking his lips. "Mhm."

"There I'm finished!" Zeta hands back the papers with stars drawn as signatures, all proud and stuff. Rubia checks it over, looks at Zeta and shrugs. "Good enough."

"So what do these even mean?" Zeta asks curiously.

"It's a legal contract binding you to not say anything about anything you've heard here and are going to hear here during our meeting. To anyone. If you do you will be taken to prison by my orders."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? But it's funny and I wanna tell it to Cathode! Radovan, don't sign this, you've gotta tell it to Cathode in my stead!"

"Oh don't worry Mrs. Jenny!  You have actually come  during an event about Magikarp, so if you go to the beach you will actually find quite a big crowd to sell ice cream to!"  Cathode pepped up to Jenny's concerns, recalling the information she had been given.

"Also I think we might as well be the luckiest guinea pigs if that's the case,  tee hee~~ "  She added, while laughing timidly with her hands behind her back.

"Hmmm." Sena is now resting his chin on his hand thinking about the reason for her doing that, before popping with, "Maybe she want to preserve tradition? She want someone to notice her when she was alive? Or maybe she just love to dance very much." Sena tried to answer as best as he could. Now that he think about it, he barely have any info on the girl herself prior to her death, and without knowing who she is and why she danced, he's pretty much on a dead end.

"Yeah, some other reason... " Emmanuel mumbled.

"Hm? Some bigshot? I suppose the most famous people are the ones with the weirdest quirks, after all. I can't imagine it to be too bad, though. I'm happy to take the offer," he said with a hint of doubt behind a mild smile.

"Who's this bigshot, though? Uno, have you heard of anyone around here who fits the bill?"

On 10/5/2018 at 5:45 AM, Bfroger6 said:

#04 RISTORANTE

RADOVAN

*+Zeta; Rubia; Chief*

"You do not need to know the details. You just need to know that this information is classified." Rubia glares down at Radovan while Zeta is busy staring at the paper, holding it out in front of herself and frowning, turning it around. In the meantime, the Chief walks over and seems he wants to add something or answer Radovan's question, but Rubia promptly stands up and holds a hand over his face. "Not a word out of you, Chief. Taking care of your public image is already problematic enough." She says and, upon seeing him shrug and seemingly give up on his intent, she sits back down.

The moment she sits back down though... "Rubia says I'm addicted to sugar but she's overexaggerating. Some people have already used the knowledge to try and take me down in the past, haha, you know! So she worries over nothing." He sits down at the table, pulling a nearby chair.

"CHIEF!" Rubia sighs and pulls out another paper for Zeta and Radovan to sign. "Please sign this as well." Zeta is now busy signing them as the Chief grabs the glass and jugs it all down, licking his lips. "Mhm."

"There I'm finished!" Zeta hands back the papers with stars drawn as signatures, all proud and stuff. Rubia checks it over, looks at Zeta and shrugs. "Good enough."

"So what do these even mean?" Zeta asks curiously.

"It's a legal contract binding you to not say anything about anything you've heard here and are going to hear here during our meeting. To anyone. If you do you will be taken to prison by my orders."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? But it's funny and I wanna tell it to Cathode! Radovan, don't sign this, you've gotta tell it to Cathode in my stead!"

Radovan took one look at Rubia's expression, moved on to look at Zeta's, took another look at the set of documents, moved on to look at the chief's satisfied expression, and shrugged his shoulders before he said, "I'm actually not going to sign this since it seems a bit pointless, especially since I have absolutely no motivation to try and," he raised a pair of fingers to make quotation marks as he said, "take the chief down with this," he moved his hands back down, leaving a slight pause as he smiled and said, "Since it's usually a bad idea to try and defame someone you're working for unless you want to get fired...that and also because it would be morally wrong to doooooooo".

#04 TOWN - HOUSE
SENA

*+Leader*

"Tradition, you say~? That's interesting! This whole place is full of traditions, so I don't think she'd need to do that though..." Leader perks up excitedly and starts walking from one side of the table to the other, seemingly in deep thought. She's really taking the ghost thing seriously, as it seems. All of a sudden, the girl slams her fist into the other palm and turns to Sena. Dolly starts rapidly spinning but not Rapidly Spinning. "Oooo, what if she really does want someone to notice her? I've had the same idea already as the leader, of course. It'd be easy to bait an attention seeking evil spirit though, we've just gotta give her a stage. Maybe she can come kidnap us and then we can kidnap her back! You know, a part of the Aquarium is still closed off. It's a pretty big space, we can totally make a stage there! What do you say?"

----------------------------------------------------

#04 TOWN

EMMANUEL & CATHODE

*+Uno, Jenny*

"SO IF I GO TO THE BEACH I CAN GET CUSTOME- ahem. Cathode that's a brilliant idea! I'll have to talk to my boss and see if I can take the stand to the beach some other day!"

Uno looks over at Emm. "A bigshot from around here...oh that must be the head of the Cadet department. I've heard from Father he's a renowned Magikarp life coach as well."

"Oh, the Cadet boss? Could be, could be..." Jenny gives an inquisitive look but still keeps her joking grin. She looks at Cathode and Emm and smiles widely. "You guys are gonna try it for me??? Thank you so much, let me just get the cups for you two and....VOILA! Here you go!" She places, on the stand before them, two cups of ice cream filled with what could only be described as a pile of meatballs that reeked of sugar with a tinge of coffe and some...err...Tamatoes in it. "Tamao berries are spicy so I guess that gives it an added layer of flavor. See how it forms such hard balls though? I tried so many things but I can't really get it to be softer. So you'll just gotta bite em!"

"Hard balls..." Uno looks at Jenny with a puzzled look. She then shakes her head and slaps herself on the face lights, as if waking up. "I-irrelevant. But I don't think that's how ice cream is supposed to work..."

-------------------------------------------------------------

#04 RISTORANTE

RADOVAN

*+Zeta; Rubia; Chief*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcpd7xa.png

Zeta smiles and her eyes sparkle as Radovan rejects the agreement. Rubia shakes her head in disapproval but the Chief grins, picks the papers up and rips them apart.

"There, Zeta, now yours doesn't count either." He says as he gives a short chuckle, prodding Rubia with his elbow. She sighs in response while Zeta's mouth forms an OOOO.

"OOOOOO thank you very much!" She says. "When's the garymeat coming?"

"Soon. Please calm-" Another prod from the chief. "CHIEF!"

"She said garymeat. Why've you gotta be so serious, smile a little!"

"Please stop."

"NUP!"

"Ahaha, you two are funny~" Zeta says with a smile.

As the Chief continually prods, Rubia at one point uses her foot to push his chair away from hers. He doesn't seem to mind that much. "So Zeta, I see you have been getting accustomed to living outside of Nexus #08."

"8, 8..." She counts on her fingers. "O-oh the Crystal Forest! Yupyup, we didn't have any tasty food there. Or any food at all, hahaha!"

"That's good to hear. Radovan isn't bothering you much, I presume." She glances at the boy.

"Nah, Radovan is pretty great! I like him a lot!"

"I see. We've been running some tests on your two Pokemon as well. All the aftereffects from the exposure to the particles over at your home Nexus have dissipated by now. Same can be said for all the Pokemon still living in that Nexus, though the process is slower. Soon many of the petrified Pokemon will be rehabilitated and relocated, and repopulation will be able to begin. Radovan, your group had brough an Egg with them back from there if you recall. A Wailmer egg. Running some tests on it, we've established some irregularities in its genetic composition. We cannot identify them so far, but the Pokemon that hatches will probably be different in some way. I hope you'll take care of it from here onward." She says as she picks her A-Comm. "I'll be sending it to your group's account. During your time here, it may be wise to incubate it. Such a Pokemon would largely benefit from a maritime environment at birth, so please do set this up when you return to your vacation residence."

[Radovan has received Wailmer Egg*.]

[Radovan has received Egg Incubator+.]

Of course to Radovan, all of this only meant that he had extremely important question to ask, "So does this mean that our vacation will last until the egg hatches? Because I think both me and Zeta could really get behind that idea."

"Ooh. I've... never heard of him. I wonder if he's around... " Emmanuel thought, as the "ice cream" was placed on the stand before him.

He began to wonder if what was in the cups before him and Cathode could even be considered "ice cream." He looked at it up close, and could feel the cold air around it while doing so. It was icy alright, but was it cream?

Then, he stretched his tongue out, and licked the surface of the "ice cream."

aquarium? ugghh Sena shuddered a bit, having some bad experience with aquarium made him hate these place, but then again if he decide to agree with the Leader's plan on using parts of the closed down aquarium as the stage, he might be able to search for that pokemon wherebouts, two pidgey one stone he thinks to himself. "sounds like a good plan, but uhhh you have something that could project us some kind a crowd or something? I have a feeling that she might not appear even if we put on a stage"

Cathode hoped the "Cadet boss" being talked about was not who she thought it could be.  She eyed the weird ice cream.   I mean, it's ice cream. It can't be that bad,  right?   So she optimistically took the icecream with a smile and bit a small chunk of it straight away, waiting for the flavor to make itself known to her senses.

#04 TOWN - HOUSE
SENA

*+Leader*

"Hmmm." The girl raises an eyebrow at Sena's shudder. "Well whatever I'm the leader, obviously I can project a crowd. W-who do you think I am?" She pouts, looking away with a frown. "We should go check the scene out before we try it out! We have preparations to do, so lessgo!" She grabs Sena by his forearm and starts pulling him up from the chair and towards the back of the house, through a small unlit hall. She pushes the back door open with a creak, and the two exit outside, where they're met with the warm sun they bid farewell to earlier. Seems like not much time has passed since Sena got kidnapped.

"Lessgo, this is the best time to go unnoticed in the town because no one's there!" Leaders adds with her usual enthusiasm. Dolly follows you as well. You seem to be somewhere on the outskirts of the town where there are less houses around, and a fair bit of them appears abandoned. Leader, well, leads you through narrow alleys in a turnabout manner. "We absolutely can's risk being eye-detected!" She says.

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcprl26.png

The path leads upwards, but Sena remembers where the acquarium is regardless of that. It's a building up near the peak of the island. Even at this time of day, there should be people there, but not around the old abandoned building that had been badly damaged years ago in the Gyarados attack. "Look at all the shrines up here! The higher we do the more of them there are. This place has such a long tradition, so of course it'd accrue a buncha bad spirits too. The ghost girl is just one of them, not special at all! But you're a detective, you must know all this stuff already." She nods.

Soon enough, Sena starts recalling the path. There seems to be a branch. "One leads to the new building." Leader explains. "I mean the new building is still a part of the same complex as the old one, but whatever. This leads to where we have to go." She leads you up the left path.

You arrive at what appears to be a dome like structure surrounded by thick foliage no one's bothered to cut down in quite some time. There used to be a path leading towards the entrance, and there used to be an entrance there too, but now it's just barrel soil. The whole left path led you through part of the bushes and trees. Usually, you could see the ocean from such a high point of the island, but the trees obstruct your line of sight. You feel the trees themselves form a dome as well, isolating you from the rest. There seem to be no paths leading to the new building from here, everything had overgrown. Part of the building had crumbled down, and a fence stands in your way. Leader confidently nods to Dolly who forms a small flams in front of herself and uses it to slowly melt down the wiring of the fence. "There, we can pass now." Leader whispers to you and the two of you move inside the premises.

And then, you suddenly feel a pair of eyes on your back, watching you intently from any of the shadows the rubble of the building casts. The gaping maw of the building reveals broken down glass containers, wiring sticking out, inviting you in.

Sena recalls the day it happened. The scenes of chaos as people ran all over the place. Why these people still keep so many Magikarp despite the frequent threats of Gyarados attacks...

[What does Sena do about the eyes he feels looking at him?]

---------------------------------------------------------

#04 TOWN

EMMANUEL & CATHODE

*+Uno, Jenny*

The ice cream literally grates against Emmanuel's tongue, like a million tiny ice shards piercing him, which was probably accurate. The coldness and the hardness of the treat doesn't allow for much flavor to go through, and what goes through flows over his tongue, melding in different flavors as it passed down his throat. It starts sweet, but soon turns sour like a black coffee, then it somehow turns spicy, and the spiciness goes down his throat, lingering painfully in his mouth.

Cathode experiences much of the same, though she tries biting a part off. It comes off, but only after struggling so long that her teeth started hurting from the cold.

"Whaddaya say, pretty great, right?" Jenny asks excitedly.

[Failure after failure, how do you plan on responding to this one?]

-----------------------------------------------------

#04 RISTORANTE

RADOVAN

*+Zeta; Rubia; Chief*

background_by_ninjacyndaquil-dcpd7xa.png

"Ooooooh, a long vacation? How long are vacations usually?" Zeta asks curiously.

"Well by our predictions the egg has been incubating for a while in your and our care these past fourteen days since you've returned from #08, so it won't take much longer taking into account that we're more than prepared to handle hatching some eggs. It should take a couple of days at worst, so don't expect to be allowed to stay here for much longer than a week." Rubia answers coldly.

"As a Cadet and a Nexus Girl, you must be use to working hard with few breaks in between!" The Chief adds. "But for now, our meal has arrived."

A waiter brings a large silver plate with a bunch of carvings of what appears to be something serpentine on it. The outer skin is slightly charred and blue, while the meat inside is a yellow, sandy hue. It doesn't smell like much, and there's only a portion of the Gyarados's body on the plate, obviously, since the entire thing would be impossible to eat by you few. You receive plates but no utensils.

"Forks and knives are useless with this." Rubia states. "So just bite into it like the Chief does."

Looking at the chief, yup he's already taken a carving and started biting into it. The chewy meat won't let loose though.

"Perserverance is the most important. Waiting until your saliva softens it enough to finally strike and carve a bite with your fangs. That is the art of eating Gyarados. Now let us eat." Rubia concludes, taking a carving herself...

Emmanuel's eyes twitched, but he managed. "Jenny... It... Has a lot of room for improvement," he said slowly, resisting the pain lingering on his throat. "Do you happen to have... some fresh water? ... Yes... I'm thirsty from the heat." All the while, he maintained the most painful smile.