Pokemon in Space [IC Chapter #03]

Bfroger6

Ironically,  the answer Cathode was curious to hear,  filled her with more questions than answers. Who was Gina? Rescue from what?

Adding the mental strain from everything else that had happened before her mind was starting to get foggy,  so she opted to just push all that stuff off her mind for the moment.

Funnily enough she realised she had not stopped her absentminded approach towards the stenee... Nee, as previously mentioned.  That would be a relaxing subject to defog her head.

Seeing that the pokemon was not feeling so  comfortable getting that much attention, she stopped at a privacy-safe enough distance, and decided to open up with her trainer first. Talking about pokemon was a comfortable way to break the ice with others.

"Such a cute and well-behaved little missy! And you seem to be pretty bonded.  How long are you together?" She asked while trying to look at both of them at the same time.

Emmanuel took the surprising offer, realizing the problem here. It was as if Betani were a Tsareena to the little Steene, and perhaps, it would be the best to treat her like one, bar the excessive honorifics.

As for further questions, he did have one, actually. "What happened over the Cadet Security back when we were in Nexus #08, Ms. Tri? And, how was Gina able to intercept the flight and leave without you?" 

Edited by IntSys

Kai lightly shaked the plant creature’s hand, face beaming even if she didn’t get her hug. “So adorable.” She let the Steenee pass by her to one of the cadets behind her, watching her pass on the berries. With a quick spring up, she got back onto her feet before waiting for the elevator ride to end.

Kai caught up behind Betani as they walked to the Space Car, trying to catch her attention with a question. “So, we’re heading where we’re sleeping, but what about you?” The blonde girl quickly spun around her, walking backwards as she spoke. “Are you gonna be nearby? Maybe we can visit you! We might be working together in the future, so I’d love to spend time with you as much as my own group.” Kai bobbed her head to the sides, never looking behind her to see anything coming towards her. "Whaddya say? Maybe you can teach a few tricks to your little newbies."

Radovan hummed a jaunty little tune after looking at the cute little Stenee, and he decided that while Tri's respectability could come under question, her sanity couldn't really be questioned if what she said was true, which is he said "Why did you think that Gina changed the schedules? Like did that actually happen? And what would her motive be....but either way~" he offered a handshake before continuing with "It is nice to meet you Senior Cadet Tri, my name is Radovan".

crap... that wasn't the reaction I expected... gotta keep my attitude in check... but she is a lot calmer than when she attackes us thought, that's good. Guess she really hate Gina that-- wait a minute!

Sena remembered what Mr. Mason said about Mr. Shun and his son's situation. About a Gyarados outbreak and his son gone missing, he feels something is off with the two situation and he didn't ask Mr. Mason for some more information about it.

Maybe Betani know something. While it might not much but she might give me a better insight with these incident.

"Excuse my rude greeting, Ms Tri, it was pretty much uncalled for. I'm Sena, Sena Ryugami. I do have question thought, can you tell me about Mr. Shun and his son's situation? Oh and also about the current Gyarados Outbreak?"

Taylor looks up from his A-Comm, where he has been busily typing this whole time and mostly ignoring his surroundings.  Jet the meditite has been walking behind him, curiously taking in everything.  "Ms. Betani.  I am given to understand you are familiar with Gina?  I am compiling an incident report as to her attempt to kill us all and make it look like an accident.  Would you like to contribute?"

". . .Oh, well, if that's what happened, it's at least understandable. Though, attacking was probably not the thing to do. And Ms uh. . . do you want to be referred to as Ms Tri, or Ms Betani? Or Betani?"

She was only 16, so it felt a little odd to title her "ms." Even ma'am might be better, since she was their superior, but not really older.

"Anyway, what sort of things are there to do around our new place? Entertainment and that sort of thing? You probably know the best things to do, right?"

lobbybetani_by_ninjacyndaquil-dbgk3jq.jp

"Well, Nee and I have been together since forever, really." Betani addressed Cathode first. "She's my trustworthy compaion, are you not, Nee?" She looks to the Steenee, which happily nods her head and smiles. Betani places her softly back onto the floor, where she walks over to Jet the Meditite and waves her hand to him to greet him. "She's everything I have."

On the contrary, when Emmanuel asked his question, she frowned and put her hands on her hips, raising her head commandingly. "That hag wanted to go get some Kalva or something, so she pushed me into a closet, locked it, and somehow, I don't know how, probably by paying to those weird Abramen or whatever to do it for her, got the whole mission listing rearranged so she could go instead and not seem out of place. Apparently, since the security was down and everyone was in a state of panic, she could get away with it easily. There are no records of me ever being assigned to your rescue. Since you asked about security, I might add that the whole system crashed when AZ ran a self-destruct sequence on his code. From what I know-which is not much since I've been stuck in a supply closet, they got him back online and the system is rebooting. Lone Star knows whatever all got stolen or messed with during the security blackout. I've heard rumors the Vice Prez fired a bunch of people when he saw the post-blackout analysis. I'm...honestly surprised you're still Cadets. The public too was quite distressed with the whole situation. A lot of common people got shafted into #08 during the emergence event. Now I guess things have calmed down a bit since mostly everyone was rescued. Mostly everyone, though. I bet Lady Haether will be a target of accussations for a long time from now, especially with her attitude."

She shook Radovan's hand. "Well, I just know it, 'cause she yelled it out loud as she pushed me into the closet. Something like, 'Kalva, wait for me, I'm gonna change the mission arrangements to come save you'." She momentarily glanced at Taylor. "Let me register your A-Comm and I'll send the whole list of everything I've gathered so far to you. We can take her down together." Betani then looked at Kai and Shelly. "Address me how you see fit. The house is in the Space Aether's private suburb area, near the main park of Aether City, the one where they grow gladions. I guess there are places there where...fun happens..." She blushed a little a put a hand to her mouth. "Like, I've heard of some clubs...nothing too grand...but young people like them... UHM, BTW I live there too, since my home in #02 is no longer there. Usually they allow senior Cadets to work from their family home and not from the appointed Space Aether house, but you can choose to stay if you wish. They have flats for older ones, so I live in a flat in one of the buildings there." She finished, turning to Sena and...surprisingly, blushing as her eyes grew wide and mouth formed a huge 'o'.

"Aaa, well....................I bet Sey's fine. I mean, Sey's the son. He's probably around here somewhere, ha...ha..." She glanced away as she smiled awkwardly. It was obvious she was hiding something. Nee stood there ignoring her, which was also indicative of an act. One could see a droplet of sweat form on her forehead. "The Cadet Master Shun is on a mission to #04. A lot of Gyarados have been sighted there as of late, endangering the beaches. Since he's a native of #04 and it's a mess that got out of hand for the local authorities, he was sent there while Sey stayed at HQ to act in his person. Then Sey disappeared. Both of them are powerful Water type users, so I bet Mr. Shun is all right. The Cadet Master wouldn't fall down to some wild Gyarados. The situation has probably been taken care of already, so he's probably...searching for his...son...ha...ha..........."

"I see. Even though your rank is not something to write stories about, it is still pretty impressive that you are working here as part of the Cadet Security." Frederick responded to what Ms. Betani said earlier with a smile. He paid attention to the questions posed by his fellow cadets.

Frederick listened carefully to Ms. Betani's response to their questions intently. He was quite interested with how things turned out. He smirked a bit when she told the group about what Gina did to join the rescue mission. He did after all expect that that woman could be capable of such actions. He got quite interested as well at the talk of the Space Aether Area. He was impressed that the Space Aether seemed like a big area, and he smiled imagining the prospect of exploring these areas, though he was not sure if it was something they could do as cadets. Still, there was a feeling of excitement in his chest as hie thought of taking an adventure in Aether City. When the conversation turned to the Gyarados outbreak incident, he became curious of it. He was not that familiar of either of the people she mentioned, but he was curious to know about this incident, even though it was likely they might not be involved in it as cadets.

After she spoke, Frederick decided it was his turn to ask something. He moved his hand forward to exchange hands. He then began speaking in a polite manner, but with a small smile on his face. "It is my pleasure to meet you, Ms. Betani. I am Frederick Lennon. I have some questions to ask. Can you tell us more about the Abravators? That place seems quite mysterious and mystical. Also, I'm rather curious as to why your nickname is Ms. Tri. Is there a deeper reason to it?"

Taylor forwards his contact information to Betani immediately.  "Thank you, ma'am.  In her 'eagerness' to ensure Kalva's safety, she attempted to attract a dangerous wild Pokemon to our location to consume myself, Kalva, and Desmond.  We later learned that a highly aggressive, wounded Gabite was active in the area.  I informed her that we were in a dangerous situation, but she simply screamed louder in her attempt to lure something to devour us.  Any information you contribute will be of great help in ensuring that she cannot attempt to kill anyone else.  I am Cadet Taylor.  It is a pleasure to meet a superior officer who does not desire my messy demise."

Cathode was pretty satisfied with the response. No matter whatever circumstances, such a person could not be bad.

She felt comfortable to go near the two 'mons walk alongside them, smiling gently to them. 

"Hehe pretty much how i am with Suzie. Too bad she is too big to introduce right here. I hope i can get the chance to get you two girls acquainted soon!" She said towards Nee and the Meditite while scratching Suzie's ball with her index and middle fingers. "Hello to you too Meditite."  And turning towards the finally introduced suspected weirdo that seemed pretty okay after all, added "And Taylor"

Turning once more towards Betani:

"Happy to meet you Mrs. Tri. Is there any chance you would be supervising any of our future assignments?"

Edited by DemICE

Sena patiently wait for his question to be answered, by listening Betani answering each of the other's question. Some are just plain unimportant, and some have an interesting information for him.

So rumor says that Vice President fire bunch of people because of the post-blackout result? Interesting there might be another reason however it's still just a rumor, sounds believable but not enough information and why she think they would occused Lady Heather anyway?

Sena's question is the last one to be answered, but he noticed Betani's awkwardness in her speech and he Nee seems to be putting up an act. She's hiding something, that's all he could think of. Maybe he could squeeze some motr information, it'll be a bit personal but hopefully this gave him some more information.

time to test out my luck and stupidity

"One more question! Are you close with Mr. Shun's son? Hmmm Sey right? The name of Mr. Shun's son?"

lobbybetani_by_ninjacyndaquil-dbgk3jq.jp

"That's just my last name." Betani replies to Frederick as she shakes his hand. Promptly afterwards, her hands are crossed again on her chest. "Well, I don't know much about the Abravators. I'm honestly surprised you've already met them. From what I know, they're some secret society. I have no clue why they're allowed what with how the Pokelluminati escalated years ago, but well...they seem to be providing and keeping information for Space Aether. The most important people in the foundation are constantly in touch with them. They sort of creep me out though. I've been to their room once. The walls were pitch black, save for one tile, which depicted the sun and a bud growing from the soil. It was really odd. I hate that place."

Discomfort was apparent in Betani's voice as she spoke of the Abravators. Turning to Cathode, she smiled for the first time. "Oh wow, is that not an Aether Ball?" She asked, noticing the Luxury ball in the girl's grasp. "I actually don't know if I'll be supervising you. We can always end up assigned to the same missions, though, with you as my backup, of course." She smirked and turned to Taylor. "Right, from what I know, the Vice Prez is the one you wanna talk to about Gina. He's been trying to get her fired for a while now, but kept getting veto'd by Lady Haether. I still don't know why she insists on keeping Gina and that husband of her's in the foundation. They were rebels 20 years ago even as mere children our age. I heard they fought against the Space Aether during the Incident in #02. If you ask me, both of them should begone." She finishes.

Sena's comment catches her off guard and she glances at Nee who shrugs. Both of them blush and Betani holds a finger to her lips. "I...it's not that..." She shakes her head violently. "We should make our way to the Car. I bet whoever's driving us is waiting!" Rushing her step, she picks Nee up and guides you through the crowd and to the exit. Before they go out, she turns to Taylor. "You might want to call your Pokemon back. The Aether Balls are programmed not to function outside designated areas. The moment we exit the building's premises, your Pokemon will be called back automatically." She pulls her own Aether Ball out and calls Nee back. When everyone whose Pokemon were still out does the same, she nods and takes a step towards the door, which open...

AETHER CITY

Music: Urban Skies

As you walk out, you first find yourselves on a circular platform around the HQ. Several bridges, more like just general walkways, but translucent, lead from this detached floating island to the City. As you walk over them, you marvel at the skies spreading just beneath your feet, feeling both amazed and scared at the same time. Betani ignores it completely, stepping queenly over the path. As you walk to the main street, you see a Space-Aether clean white, rather spacious and bus-ey looking car with the Foundation's insignia imprinted on the side. Out of it, someone waves at you and a chubby face pops out at the window.

carrob_by_ninjacyndaquil-dbgxvok.jpg

"Hoy, you must be the ones I talked to over the Comms earlier! The ones that messed AZ up, haha." The man chuckles. "S-sorry about that, though...it was my first time doing that. We were really in a pickle, with a shortage of staff, so they hired everyone to keep all the lines alive."

"Yes yes we all know that, Rob. Now stop excusing yourself and do your job, ok. By the Star I have no idea why they had you take this job. Shouldn't you be doing maintenance?"

The man, Rob, as Betani addressed him, starts aweating a little. "Uhm, well...you see, I don't really know what's going through everyone's heads up there..." He pointed at Space Aether's HQ. Looking at it from below makes you really notice just how huge the building is. It easily stretches all the way up to the barrier around the City. You bet the building is as tall as the whole City was long. "...but I think they had my Mum take care of everything...still, I guess they could've just hired someone who wasn't busy, but what do I know. I gotta listen to what they say." He shrugged and pulled his head back in. He presses a button on the car's control panel, which opens the door for you to enter. It's a regular looking small bus on the inside with 3 rows of 5 sitting spaces for you to occupy. "Come on in!" He calls you over.

Radovan did what he usually does to polite people who honestly didn't know better and offered a handshake to Rob before saying "It's fine, you didn't know that was going to happen, and no one was physically injured...that and we had an exciting adventure where we met a new and interesting person while also getting vaguely inconvenienced by some shouty women".

He then turned to face Ms. Tri again and said "Well they must have redecorated at some point, the place didn't have that sun and bud tile by now, but maybe they were just starting out and didn't have the time to spruce the place up?".

“Hey, I know you!” Kai raised her arm high, waving it as she ran up to the rather large man. “Bob, right? Wait, no.” Kai tapped her forehead, looking through her memories to try to remember their name. “No, that’s the other one. Rob, that’s it!” Kai took a leap before she got close to the bus, landing beside the door before looking at it in curiosity.

Kai ran into the bus, taking a seat close enough where she could hopefully talk to Rob. “I haven’t seen you in so long. How’s Bob been? What about your Mama? My Mama’s been great, last I talked to her.”

Emmanuel entered the car and took the rear row. He thought about what Betani said a bit, before finally asking, "what were the role of Gina and her husband during the incident? And how were they able to stay after the incident?"

Shelly entered the bus, taking a seat midway between the front and the back. She was mostly listening, as most of the others seemed to be asking the questions to which she most desired answers for her. But she did have one thing to ask. "Ms. Betani, can you think of any skills that Gina might have that would make her important to the Foundation? Might be why they've kept her around."

Frederick was rather interested in Ms. Tri's response to his question regarding the Abravators, but he was far more curious about the Pokelumminati which she described in her statements. He decided to ask her about it as they travelled in the vehicle they were on. "What is this about a Pokelluminati group, Ms. Tri? Was it a cult group which surfaced some years ago? What happened to them?"

A technological question.

[excitement ON]

"It's a Luxury Ball, a model that was used before Aether Balls replaced everything. Though it has been modified by the Foundation according to the R&R.  It is actually better than the Aether Ball, at least as far as its inhabitant is concerned, because it is apparently a comfier home than our currently used ones."  realising she had taken a much  academic tone yet again, she added in a more gentler manner

"I wish all balls were like that, they are the best for Suzie and everyone else!"

In the meanwhile she had entered the bus along with the others, and upon seeing that there were still free seats at the very back,  she settled in one of the corners.

Her mind had cleared for the most part now, and she was taking in information on the many subjects discussed...  Abravators  /  Pokelluminati  /  Mason trying to get rid of Gina... sheesh this guy. But then again everyone seemed to be talking about that woman as she is a very bad case...,  /  AZ and  Rob's responsibility on it...

Seriously how much stuff was there that everyone else seemed to know except her? 

Kalva kept relatively silent through much of the conversations. (Well, he was always silent. But he made no attempts to send messages out.) In fact, he was getting rather worried. Gina was a good instructor, and someone who genuinely cared for her people (though many failed to recognise this from her rough outset). But now it seemed, from her rapturous efforts, she might be turning people's opinions away from her? Perhaps he must alert her of this. She was wise, he assured himself, and would change her ways if she realised was making a mistake. And as for Betani... well, Nee looked like she trusted Betani. Kalva judged people on how they treated pokemon, and despite Betani acting rather...unsavoury to Gina, Kalva thought there would be some reason for Nee to believe in Betani. And that meant Betani was a good person at heart.

Kalva sat on the bus at the front, switching focus to the grand sights of the city.  Kalva had been to the city a few times before, but never had he stopped being impressed by the wondrous sights. The buildings were all glass and so shiny! And the roads were so polished and clean!

Kalva heard 'comfier homes' and 'Aether balls' in one sentence and immediately slid over to Cathode's side. He first used sign language, temporarily forgetting that no-one here knew sign language, and switched to writing. He had to spend a little time writing the message up, because much to Kalva's dismay, regulations required him to return Quina into an Aether Ball earlier.

"thats so cool wear where did you get one"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Cathode was surprised when the so far silent and reserved boy suddenly rushed next to her.  She was surprised yet again when instead of the usual verbal assault guys who rushed to her usually did,  he was just moving his hands. Almost like sign language for mute people? Which was confirmed when he actually starting writing something down. A longer than usual time was needed for the message to be completed, and there were obvious signs that the author's orthography had a huge space for improvement.

Nevertheless she was actually happy to realise others would care more about an old but more comfy ball than a newer, fancier model, so she already started seeing the boy with positivity.

Recovering from the initial shock, she did her best to maintain a cheery mood and answered,

"I know right? We need to do our best for our partners that already have to put up with this suppressing system! My father is a janitor, and the Storage Site is full of old stuff that people threw away in the past,  some of them needed just some work to become usable again. I found this when i was with him there one day. Too bad it seems these ones were rare enough that i never found the same model again... not even a completely broken one."

Edited by DemICE

carrob_by_ninjacyndaquil-dbgxvok.jpg

"Oh, Ka- Ka...Karla..right?" Rob grimaced an awkward smile as he looked over at Kai, who would've sat upin the front row if she wanted to easily converse with the man. "I remember you, s-sans your name, apparently. Bob's been good, I guess...he keeps shutting himself away from us, I mean...mostly me. Think he found a girl or something in the meantime. Not that I have confirmation... And yeah, Mum's been good too. Not like I see her or anything. I guess your mum has had more quality time with my Mum than I...BUT from what I know, she'd invented some miracle lotion for your skin, which now made her look younger than either Bob or me...feels kinda, weird, you know. She's both smaller and now looks younger than her sons." It was clear Rob didn't quite like this idea, from the way he was shuffling. "How's your mum's business going, btw?" He shook Radovan's hand in the process, through the opened window.

Meanwhile Betani addressed Cathode. "That's actually quite fascinating." She said with wide eyes. She looked kind of shocked at this. "I can't believe someone would actually pick an old Ball from the trash and repair it." She added, still in shock, only to be shocked a bit more by what Radovan told her. "O-oh, it changed? They redecorated..? It all sounds really sketchy to me, though. It's like they're trying to sell as some sort of magic fortune tellers, spouting nonsense about that Abra being a reincarnated Alakazam and those damn panels. Uggh. They do have a lot, and I mean A LOT of important connections everywhere, so they're a valuable asset for gathering information. I heard they originated from #07."

Turning to Frederick, she frowned, hands still crossed. She looked at him kind of contemptfully in that moment. "You've not heard the whole story countless times already? The Pokelluminati are an anti-Aether cult that started spreading rumors about the end of the world or something more than 20 years ago. It started innocent enough but later grew into a full-out war between them and the Space Aether. Apparently, they had a huge organised network working under the grid of the...well...Nexus Grid, and they had a bunch of Pokemon on their side. They used odd Balls completely different from Aether Ball, much like yours." She nodded towards Cathode. "Anyways, they tried breaking into the HQ in order to steal the Nexus Cores they claimed Space Aether had stolen and was using to control the world, in order to resurrect some really dumb legend from the old days that would bring ruin to the world and allow them to shape the world however they wished. Space Aether retaliated, led by President Naether, assaulting #02 where the Pokelluminati base was, which all culminated in a war which ravaged #02 and the huge Nexus collision nowadays known as the Incident. It is unknown how the Pokelluminati caused the collision. President Naether was shunned by the people of #02 for bringing ruin to their Nexus, but she had disappeared later during the collision, so their words fell on deaf ears. Without a President, Space Aether had to wait for Lady Haether to ascend as the foundation's head. She wasn't well received because of Naether's reputation, though. She mostly remains hidden from the public for that reason, especially now that this has happened." Betani shrugged. "Gina was part of the rebellion incited within the #02 populace during the war. She basically fought at the Pokelluminati's side against President Naether and Space Aether, along with her boyfriend, now her husband. She was a teenager back then. Talk about a problem from the start. And since you're wondering..." She looked at Shelly. "...Gina has no special skills someone else couldn't perform, I am sure of it. Yes, she's praised as a great Instructor and does a lot of work for helping #02 recuperate, but I still think for every good thing she has to offer, there are at least dozen more negative actions she takes. She has no control, most importantly, like a wildfire. Having an Explosive Pokemon such as Skuntank in her arsenal makes her a ticking time-bomb." The girl nodded and looked to Emmanuel. "She actually got invited to come work at Space Aether, from what I've heard. Despite being a rebel and a hothead, she still had everything she ever had handed to her for free. I...despise that." Betani turned her face to the side before climbing into the minibus on the seat next to Rob. Not moving her head, she continued. "Oh, and the Pokelluminati were never heard from again. Nobody knows what happened, but a lot of them were either killed or captured, now serving time in the Micro Grid, some in the asylums and others in prisons. No executives were caught, nor the Pokelluminati's mysterious leader, calling themselves the President just like the Space Aether's head. What cheek, really. I think they all disappeared for good, if you ask me."

Rob gave her a concerned look before shrugging. He pushed a button and a bluish force field appeared, serving as the windows of the vehicle. "Minibuses and buses and stuff like that, like janitor trucks, goes on wheels, but I'm sure you know that. Regular cars can use magnetic tehnology to move if they so wish, but they still ruled this category to be too heavy and unsafe for such transport. I heard they're doing modifications to the City's base to allow for better and safer maneouvering which is supposed to allow this technology to be applied to wider vehicles as well. Guess they didn't really think of that while building this place, haha." He chuckled, driving the minibus onto the road. "We're headed for the outer layer of the city. As you probably know, this place is divided into districts, with the office area closest to Space Aether HQ, riddled with a lot of soothing parks and treeways where people can relax during their brakes. The layer further from that is the largest in the city, with malls and whatnots. It's where most of the city life happens, with lots of billboards and concert halls and everything. Sure, not as much as #07 but a lot. After that comes the suburbian area, where Space Aether rents out most of the accomodations to their younger Employees. It's a beautiful place which is mostly covered with nice greenery. No matter how artificial Aether City is, Space Aether has always tried the best to make it seem as alive and natural as possible. It's almost like what you'd call an Aether Paradise, wouldn't you say?"

The minibus is moving. You're currently in the office district, you can see parks and tall building all around you. Almost like an odd urban forest mixed with real natural elements. It's beautiful in its own right. People in the streets are wearing white suits with either gold, pink, green or blue accents, such as ties and other accessories, or shirts under suits. They're all most likely accountants and the like, working for Space Aether, but they appear as happy as could be. Or would've had the #08 fiasco not happened and shook up the daily routine. Vehicles such as ambulances and the like are all rushing towards the HQ, some using flying vehicles you can see above yourselves through the translucent roof of the minibus. All are probably heading towards HQ to provide more medical assistance for the rescued ones. It's a chaotic scene in a usually bustling but orderly city. "Yeah, see, it's a big mess. I wish Lady Haether would make an announcement..." Rob muses, clicking on the radio to turn it on.

A song pops up.

Music: I am the one - by Empress Tsareena

"Agg, not this one again..." Rob slumps his shoulders. Betani remains motionless.

Btw, you'd better buckle.

Edited by Bfroger6

“Aw, c’mon, it’s Kai, everyone calls me that!” The girl latched onto the back of Rob’s seat, putting her face close to his shoulder. “You’re family, and Mama always calls Karla Kai, so you gotta do the same.”

Kai listened intently as Rob spoke, expressions of cheer on her face as she heard his stories of his family. “Wow, Bob’s got a girlfriend? That sounds amazing, oh I bet she’s super cute and everything! I know Mama’s been feeling a bit lonely, especially since I left her on her own for school so long ago. At least, I think she does.” The blonde girl jittered in cheer as she thought of how lucky Bob had been to have someone. "Why would he shut you out, though? Didja steal his snack at dinner or somethin'?"

“I bet your Mama looks so adorable now, though.” The girl spoke, not exactly observant of the driver’s feelings for the miracle lotion his mother had made. “I hope I get to see her soon.” Kai swayed around, standing up in the moving car without any kind of seat belt to keep her from any impending doom. “Oh, my Mama’s been great, too. She’s been tryin’ out some more scary, cool Pokémon to sell for boys, but I think the materials have been costing quite a bit. I think they’ll sell great, though. I saw this one green monster with a spiky-lookin' head, and it looked awesome!”

Radovan made sure to sit close enough to Betani to be heard clearly before continuing with "She sounds sort of like me, if I was a woman, old, much more rebellious, and hotheaded...so in short she is nothing like me..." he just sat there in awkward silence for a while, before mentally cursing the fact that he is far enough from Red to not be able to tease him properly before saying "What old prophecy anyway? And you seem to really seem to dislike how much attention and forgiveness Gina has gotten...are you jealous of her or something?".

A paradise... Emmanuel thought to himself. His eyes rolled toward the windows, as he pretty much spaced out, listening to the lyrics of the song.

I'm the queen of this land, where trump cards are bow, and the rabbits are marching.

Here's the knight who uses a cookie sword with sugarplum, and he invaded the garden of my rose.

The techno beats told an old story, where a Tsareena and her legion of Pokemon fought in defense of her land against human invaders wielding cookie swords. The story was all to familiar to little Emmanuel, a popular fable ever since the collapse of the village.

His mother used to tell this story, too. It was one of the few things he managed to remember before his contact with Solosis.

He could see why Rob and Betani took a dislike for the song.