[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

Boosted by Mar, Andre finally brings down the mighty beast, while managing to get a decent picture out of the thing - though there's a bit of glare from the sunlight. One of the flaws of beautiful weather, that. It lets out a final, defiant growl through its ruined jaws, and then goes entirely limp. They'd both recall that they were allowed to carve off a couple trophies before the Guild took the corpse for proper processing, though what parts were in good enough condition to be carved off would vary. With something the size of the Tigrex, the number of things they could get away with carving off would probably be about 3; any further and you might run into trouble with the Guild butchers.

"Fucking hell, that was fun! ... Anyways, could you do me a favor and get me the skull, some good tendons, and a claw? I don't actually have anything sharp on me."

Andre scratches the back of his head awkwardly as he finishes the statement.

"I'll split the difference, Skull, Claw, and some soft bits from it's head.  I need them."

"Sound Good?"

Assuming Andre Agrees to the Compromise, Mar uses his obsidian Saw to saw out the Head, Claws, and Offal (The garbage left from picking the skull, like Eyes and Brains.)

"Sure, you got any chains or something? Normally I'd only use this junk to upgrade but there aren't any convenient chests with weapons in them around here. :^("

Andre says, somehow pronouncing the emoji in such a way that it's visual.

A short while after reaching camp, two carts arrive; one of them smaller and covered, and quite similar to the one that brought them here, being pulled by cats again. Another, larger one, has a human driving a pair of Aptonoths. It's flat and piled high with ropes and hooks. They head out to where the Tigrex was killed earlier; the pair can just make out a short amount of them preparing the carcass for transit before they're pulled away and out of sight of it. After a short while, they arrive back in Val Habar; the bustle from earlier doesn't seem to have decreased at all.

No one to be found within the castle, not a single soul when she'd woken up. She wasn't quite sure what it was that had stirred her, perhaps the grinding vibrations from the landing sequence, or the change in air quality when the doors had finally unsealed, maybe even the sense of something on a greater scale... whatever it was, she broke out of the brief stretch of slumber to find herself alone in a foreign land.

Yes, that certainly wasn't familiar, no, not at all...

She had ventured out of the castle to find... sand, surprisingly. Miles and miles of it, more than she'd ever seen, and a heat unlike any she'd felt before to match- a heat that had given her reason to put up the hood on her robes for the first time in a long time. But with the sight of sand and intense sun came an even stronger aroma from the various stalls in the trade town. Some lucid thought of trying to find the ones who'd brought the fortress here briefly entered her mind, but was just as quickly forced out as she'd taken off in the direction of the scents, spending her time in the market creeping through the cover of shade and occasionally using her webs to snatch a bizarre morsel whenever a chef or merchant happened to not be looking. 

She didn't even recognize half the unique foodstuffs, but whatever they were, they had tasted well enough and she didn't bother to worry much about it. It was only after the desire to sample what she saw and the same thought from earlier began to creep back in however, that by chance she'd noticed a different scent beneath all the mingled ones of the pack animals, the food and various felines cooking it- that of a flesh bag. A fleshbag she'd only encountered once, but easily recalled the bacon- she seldom forgot those who gave food. If he was here, then surely, there would be others too. And even now, she could smell another scent along with his, one she'd not met before, but could tell from it's distinct foreignness compared to all the others, it might well be another of the Fort Dwellers. Still sticking to slipping unseen between the shadows, she set about tracking them...

Despite not heading off to anywhere in particular, the wayward pair of bruisers manages to collect their payment: 5000 Zenny to split, and a set of 3 Tigrex Carapaces and 3 Tigrex Scales, along with an extra Claw for each. Mar also recieves a Tigrex Maw, and Andre gets a Tigrex Tail. 

All three of the heroes present can see Marisa having a discussion with the hulking man of a blacksmith, near the docks. 

"Andre, I propose we split the Zenny 50/50... Although,"

"I'd like offer you my Tigrex Maw in return for your half of the Zenny.  That way you can have an entire set of Tigrex Jaws for both of your fists."

Mar takes a seat nearby, following along as he works out how he will utilize his half of the bounty, whatever it may be.

"It is good to see you again Marisa."

Edited by Hal Henderics

Marisa waves at Mar in a casual greeting before the orc turns away. Mar, walking into the butcher's shop, finds that it consists of mostly various cuts of red Aptonoth meat, of a wide range of quality and variety. There's a smaller selection of more exotic meats; a pale reddish one labeled as "Khezu," several whites marked "Yian Kut-Ku," "Tetsucabra," and "Velocidrome," as well as a darker grayish one marked "Special: King of the Skies." They're hung from various hooks or laid out on shelves; the special hangs on a wall behind the feline proprietor, almost framed by the "lesser" meats.

Marisa's nose wrinkles a bit as Andre approaches. "Huh. Good job, but you smell like wyvern breath."

"Yeah, it's a dragon. They eat a lot of things. Anyways, I take it that this is where crafting and crafting consumables are traded for money?"

Andre really didn't need an answer. There was a man and an anvil. That always means that weapons and stuff were sold in the area.

"Actually, I don't buy and sell material, if that's what you mean," the blacksmith says. A massive, muscular, and tanned hulk of a man almost as large as Andre himself, his voice was deep, but rather more gentle and soft than one might expect. "Hunters provide the monster parts themselves, and I charge a nominal fee to turn those into strong weapons and armor. Your lady friend here has cashed in a favor on your behalf; for this visit, I will work for free."

The butcher looks a bit bemused by Mar's request. "The cheap cuts are 300 zenny apiece. The offal, you can take, it's already hard enough to get rid of."