[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

"I see. Yeah, I could organize this mess, just give me some time to figure out what I'm working with." Upon sighting Andre, he stares at him with a mixture of being impressed and bemusement. "So, er, you're the guy that was shouting at me earlier?"

He reaches out to shake Andre's hand, still looking somewhat confused. Still, his grip was quite firm, and Andre could likely sense the power behind it, if the other parts of his appearance and gear didn't clue him in. "Yamaguchi Masaru. So you've got some kind of monster hunting operation going on here?" He's still got one hand on his massive sword as it rests against his shoulder. One would almost wonder how the damn thing didn't cut him. 

Andre looks around.

"Here specifically? Not really, Marisa (Typical dark magic girl, huge orbs of power, can't miss her.) let us come here and hunt since we had nothing to do. More long term? Yeah, probably standard stuff. Dealing with threats that promise system wide extinction events at the least. Kind of a step down for me personally but yeah, basically hunting monsters is the most basic gist pf what we do."

Andre shrugs and pulls out an energy drink. He pauses as he's about to consume it.

"Want some?"

"Extinction level? I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to something like that, but I get the gist. Yeah, you're gonna need some organization if you're up against things that are that major of a threat. . . really raises even more questions. . .He looks at the can questioningly. "What, exactly, is that?" His nostrils flare a bit as he sniffs the air. "It smells. . . odd. To say the least." Indeed, his nose wrinkles a bit; though the drink wasn't exactly the only source of odor in the room. After all, Mar still smelled faintly of viscera, Andre smelled like whatever that Tigrex ate for its last meal, but a week old, and overtop that smell was the overwhelming odor of his body spray.

"No no, it's a drink that fills you with energy so you don't get tired. Like if you need to finish your geology essay at three AM and you only have the first paragraph done so you chug nine of these so you can fight god in the back of the pub's parking lot to make her do your paper for you."

Andre coughs. After a moment he clarifies.

"Okay, not entirely like that but you don't get tired for a while and are more energetic."

He still looks confused for a moment, but somewhat less so, and it transitions to understanding as he chooses to largely ignore the non sequitur. "Oh, so like coffee, but more. . ." He sniffs again. ". . . Sugary, I think?"

"I suppose I could try one. Gonna spend quite a bit of time exploring this place. Though I don't suppose you've got anything else to eat, do you?" Looking at him, he's got somewhat elongated and sharp canines, somewhat like stereotypical vampire, but not nearly as pronounced. 

Despite the burger, Masaru's brow furrows again - this time in a slight scowl. "You keep saying these things like I should already know what they are. Do I look like a wizard to you?" The man didn't stop to wonder if Andre knew the distinction between sorcerers and wizards.

"I don't see how that matters... Actually now that I think about it, I guess I understand what you mean. A reactor is a thing that makes power, in this case it seems to be some form of nuclear reactor. But it doesn't have any of the safety precautions of one..."

Andre furrows his brow as he thinks about it.

"What? That's stupid, we'd have to be shoveling things into the fucker nearly constantly to keep it producing the necessary electricity. It's clearly mundane technology you guys haven't seen. Probably cold fusion."

Andre is mentally running the numbers to be able to keep the machine full up on the necessary MP while the engines at least are in use for as long as they were. He doesn't stop to consider that anything except humans can really use mana on purpose.

Masaru blinks. "So wait, you don't even know how this thing works? That's. . . probably going to be problematic. Haven't you got any artificers or engineers with a thing this huge?" He starts tobmove in the general direction of the room in question.

"The smart ones, still away..." A woman's voice suddenly called from somewhere near the ceiling. One who looked hard enough might've noticed the tell-tale glow of silver peaking through the dark however. In the time she'd been tracking the newcomer as he toured the place, his scent had began to feel more and more familiar, though why, Aurora was unable to place her finger on at first... until something resurfaced, something once dead and buried like everything else. The memory of scales, of water, shining blue like virgin sapphires. The memory of a giant, great and terrible, coiling about it's hoard and slumbering...

"Dragon... why does a man... smell so much like a dragon, underneath?" From how the twin orbs of silver seemed to almost bore into Masaru's soul from the dark rafters, it became painfully obvious that the spider wasn't referring to Andre, unlike how everyone else had seemed to...

Masaru jumped a bit at the voice; the movement was very nearly enough to clip Mar with his blade. He squinted into the shadows on the ceiling; sure enough, he picked out the spider-woman without too much difficulty. "You must be Aurora, then; I'm assuming that you're not going to eat me as these two suggested, or you probably wouldn't have spoken to me." He took a moment to appreciate her; the spider bits he could do without, and the silver eyes are a bit odd, but she wasn't exactly horrific above the waist, if a bit skinny. "Anyway, dragon? That would be me, unless the big guy here's the source. A quarter dragon, specifically."

"No, no... he smells...like Rot. Carnage, blood, viscera... among other things...nothing like.... living Dragon flesh." She meant it truly, in all honesty the brawler smelled like some ungodly combination of alien substances and scents that just so happened to get drunk one evening and decide it was a good idea to begin engaging in a massive one night stand with each other... none of them very pleasant at all. 

"Quarter?" she continued, "... how? Dragons... and ordinary mortals- especially ordinary...human mortals... don't mingle well... weary of each other at best as acquaintances... two-faced to each other as  friends, and... even worse as lovers..." She had no idea how she knew any of that, but the words seemed to just come of their own accord in her mind, right behind the dull throbb of the curse's fires. But it definitely felt the same as when the memories of the sapphire scales and water had emerged...

"You've never heard of shapeshifting dragons before? You know, the whole 'that elf maid might be a crotchety old red,' that kind of thing?" He shrugged. "No, a blue dragon - I don't know who, or why - decided that my grandmother was worthy. Or something. Truth be told, I wonder what his end goal was, but my father never actually met him." He trails off ever so slightly, distracted by his own thoughts for a moment, before shaking his head. "Sorry. But no, half-dragons aren't unheard of, so why would quarter dragons be?"