[IC] TotMV:G2: Val Habar and the Terrible Tigrex

Chevaleresse

Mar uses Galvinium Mana and Eldrich Scrap Mana to Throw and Warp his voice a bit, by using a ball of Galvinium Mana to enhance and increase the volume of his voice passing through it, he has the ball  itself hide behind a corner as well.

"We own this castle, and we're using it for our own reasons, you didn't know we owned it, so there isn't a problem.  I do want to know why you're here though, since you came in for some reason."

Edited by Hal Henderics

"Look! I'm in the ball room which is off the entrance hall or something! If you're really that intent on answers you can see me here! Or you can just walk out the front door and see that I'm not lying, ya stupid sonnofa...."

Andre trails off as he starts doing pushups.

"If I step into an ambush or a trap I swear to Nishiki that I will shove this. . ." The voice trails off as Mar hears footsteps approach him once more. The owner of the voice finally comes into view; a tall, blonde, muscular man in a black outfit, complete with a three-part cape that was black on the outside with a brown lining. He's carrying a sword that appears to weigh more than most people with a flat end to it. He looks around both corners cautiously, then looks up; upon sighting Mar, he leaps backward a good five feet and takes a stance with his weapon held above and behind himself, ready for a downward strike or similar. 

Mar twists backwards, flipping forwards but moving backwards as he uses Iron Mana to slow his fall.

"Apologies, I had to assume you were trying to kill us.  Basic Stuff, you understand."

Mar's spine cracks, suddenly, he looks as old as he feels, hunching over and rubbing it absentmindedly.

"Business?"

"I assumed the same thing about you. It would be rude to just call you 'orc,' so may I ask your name?" He turns the sword over so the nonexistent point is pressed against the stone brick of the floor, and half-leans on it as he speaks. "I was sent here to investigate this ruin along with the rest of my party and clear out anything particularly murderous. Not sure where they went off to, since I wasn't far from them when I rounded that last corner.

"I am Mar, of Stonerist Chi, The Elder of my Tribe's Hunters, and a purveyor of secret arts and innovation."

"Well, if you find anything particularly murderous, There is only roughly a half-chance of it being one of ours."

Mar grins, a joke.

"But yes, we own this castle, and through it's ancient machines, it allowed us a wider means of travel."

"We should find them before they encounter any of our less trusting friends."

"Yamaguchi Masaru." His brows furrow in confusion. "A good plan, but travel? Last I checked, castles don't move. Well, there was Lowh, but I'm pretty sure that's a myth. 

Is this place trapped somehow? My friends should have been able to hear that shouting."

Andre pauses. Shit, he forgot about the spider girl.

"Did Aurora eat you!? If not, try to avoid anywhere with excessively dark ceilings, Aurora is rather nice but she might eat you! If you are currently becoming spider chow, disregard me!"

With that, Andre starts doing squats.

• Upvote 1

Aurora simply watched from the darkness of the rafters, not saying anything, even when the Brawler called out about how she might've eaten the intruder's friends...which, she didn't. Hadn't even been back inside any longer than the other two, and this had been the only commotion she'd sensed and come to investigate. If anyone else was in the castle, they must've wandered into another part of it altogether, somewhere where she couldn't sense them. Either that or they were damn good at hiding.

She kept her eyes on the blonde man, down far below, and the orc too. Searching for any sign of hostility, but not really finding it so far. Good, perhaps whoever the intruder was, he at least seemed to have more sense than literally half the entire group of the castle's inhabitants combined...

"...You have a pet giant spider?" He looked at Mar questioningly before shaking his head. "We split up just a corridor or so back, but I don't remember seeing any wheels when I came in; this place is half-buried or more. It took us an hour just to find an entrance. I heard some voice calling for help, so I ducked around the corner to look for her."

"That may be a problem to dig out... No matter.  Let's move."

Mar moves down the indicated corridor, then picks one of the directions they might have went into, and goes down it.

Mar takes a deep breath, calming himself and broadening his senses, before moving on, using those senses to track the friends down.

He frowns. "That should be impossible. If they'd been teleported away or something, I would have felt it unless there's a mage of transcendent talent doing it. That guy that was yelling, he said something about moving between universes? Is that even possible?"

"Yes, as far as I understand goes, our Castle possesses an engine that can push it between the folds of reality, and into the horror between worlds."

"It strikes me that we should hurry to find them soon, for many reasons."

"Let us check the engine room."

Mar guides him to the gummi engine, searching for anything out of place, though he is unlikely to notice, it is worth a try.

Everything seems to be in order; it's exactly as it was left previously, except for the new dusting of sand. 

Mar might remember another situation involving people being suddenly warped to another universe and not really knowing how it happened.

"There is... One other way, I cannot speak as to it's likelihood, but it DID happen to me and everyone on my team."

"Nobody who is here or is a part of our cause came in any normal way.  We were transported to another world, for the purpose of saving lives through fighting monsters."

He remains frowning, brows furrowed. "Huh. . . All of you? And just for monster hunting? They've got to be pretty nasty monsters if someone put in that much effort. . . I suppose this means that the rest of the gang's gonna have to clean out that ruin alone - because this is definitely not that place any more unless they developed real moving castles while I wasn't looking."

"Nightmares? I assume you don't mean the actual horse-beasts. . . The landscape? Hills and forest, and the place sat inside a bend in the river. The land dipped down on the other side of it; the artificer said she thought there was a moat cutting off that side at one point, too." He inhales deeply, then exhales. "Who's in charge of this operation, anyway?"

Mar leans in, looking from side to side.

"Nobody here is either competent enough or willing to lead, I've seen."

Mar whispers, then leans back like nothing happened.

"We seem to have adopted the mercenary style, our ship travels, we drop off small squads of our group, and return to pick them up after the problems are solved."

"The only information on the point of this seems to be that we must become stronger."

"Huh. So you've got a job, but no employer, and a team, but no leader. Sounds like I could help out here, at the very least. You don't seem to be a bad guy and hunting monsters is half of what I do for a living already. Just hope I can get back to the team, they'd be lost without me."

He turns in the general direction of where he'd heard Andre's voice. "Take me to that other guy, if you would, I wanna know who he is."