• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Lexiel's an angel, bound by perceptions of justice. Apparently, you convinced her to set aside her ideals for the greater good at the club, and it lead to this. Fixed now, but let's try not to repeat the mistake for now."

Izumi would find that the door has in fact been used often, and that it has very recently been opened and closed, and her inspection of the hinges would reveal that either the door was incredibly advanced and had no need for hinges, or that the hinges were inside of the room.
The lock seemed sturdy and recently made, along with the handle, although she could also see a note placed on the door by the maintenance department tellig people that Acid is in fact not a valid method of entrance, and that trespassers will be fined.

The first three marbles were all vaporized at the same time, the two marbles thrown revealed that the slower marble was targeted first, and that the reaction time of the lasers is slow enough for only the bottom of the faster marble to be melted, until it bumped into yet another laser grid that annihilated it.
The walls curiously didn't seem damaged at all by the barrage of lasers, and it appears that the system prefers to lob a barrage of lasers as opposed to simply firing one at a time.

Visrii's lightning bolt did nothing, and his fire ball suceeded in causing the lasers to fire at a nonexistent thrower of said fireball, altough the walls did  not appear damaged at all by the rather hot flame, perhaps it had something to do with how the wall had been specifically made to withstand the excessively hot barrage of lasers? I mean seriously what did you think would happen?

The video Edmond would watch is quite distressing, as in it a bearded beard surrounded by an array of people in black cloaks wearing Guy Fawkes and Green Frog masks says in no uncertain terms that his name is Deus, and that he is not only threatening to turn the Aztechnology building into a crater, but that he has taken control of the building's systems with the help of a certain Chaos Engine and an agent he has inside of the arcology. While he did say that he will not explode the building if Aztechnology would reveal the details of the activities they perform in the basement of their arcology, and to actually confess to regularly comitting acts of blood magic "Because everyone knows that you do it, and we all know why you won't tell us all about it". Although Edmond would be able to tell that the man was being quite sarcastic with his request, almost like he doesn't think that they will fulfill it.

Solomon would rather helpfully send a picture of a long and black Cadillac with the words "Meet at The Alabaster Maiden, practice your German".

Edmond addressed everyone. "Alright. So, chaos engine...that's an internet group, in canse you did not know, has decided that they're going to blow up this building. More so than it already has been blown up. A person named Deus is leading, and wants info on Aztech's blood rituals., so...the question is, are any of you the confederate that he mentioned? It would actually help if one of you is. If you can think of something from a meeting that only you would know, I can log onto chaos engine, post it in a covert manner, and try for a deal. I'm thinking that we promise to make sure that his bomb goes off, and that he gets Aztech info, in exchange for him getting us through security, and working to evacuate civilians." Edmond pulled out his phone, and grimly navigated to chaos engine, while he waited to see if any teammate would have any info.

Edited by Strider

Visrii gestured towards Halley. "She met Deus and made the pact. I'll caution against it, but if it helps with burning of a book, go ahead."

Visrii sighed at the lasers. He had encountered one before, back when he was destroying an angel monument compound. It had similar traps, though he doubted it was the same properties as this.

Smoke and mirrors.

"Any mirrors here? I have a fog crystal, but that will only set it off. I need a mirror to redirect the laser."

"I have a small one. Here, make sure to return it when you're done." Edmond handed over the small, 2x2" mirror. "I caution you to not try the hall until we have no other options though. Izumi has found a door that doesn't appear trapped to her knowledge of magic. Another alternative is to cut through the floor in the same manner that you did previously, before the comets. A final option would be if we can cut a deal with Deus, who might deactivate the system entirely for us. You can try something if you have a reasonable idea, just make certain to keep those in mind."

"So Halley, is there anything that only you would know from the meeting, or in general with which we could get his attention?"

Edited by Strider

"Oh, Deus," Halley stopped and scanned for cameras again, "bastard, there are still cameras on us!" she frowned.

"Tell him this: I fulfilled my end of the promise, and he should do so too. If he refuses, tell him to disable the security system for us." 

Edmond stared, slightly astonished. "Can you...tell us the specifics of this deal that you cut? Anyway, there we go." He had placed his short message into what seemed the most active board discussing the events: "Agent says: 'I fulfilled my end of the promise, and he should do so too." Agent asks that if this is not possible, please speed our way by disabling security measures. I would be surprised if someone like you was unable to do that, and I believe that if you can fulfill this request, we may be able to make a beneficial exchange of knowledge."

"I put his shady data into one of the Arcology's computers, and in return, he should deactivate every camera sneaking up on us. Last time I checked, he did, but now there are cameras again all the sudden. And guess what, they're literally right up our bums!" Halley said, rather upset.

Music for this entire updoot

Halley's message rather unfortunately got lost in the waves of Chaos Engine members simply respond with a torrent of rather hurtful words that I cannot repeat here. Deus does send a message directly to Edmond's phone though, where he is identified as "Other Prick", it simply plays a video that has a general "You mad bro?" tone to it, mostly because it actually had those words repeated over and over to a rather jaunty tune. It finally ended with a picture of a bearded beard on the screen who says "This is Live, you have completed your end of the bargain, and well....did you really think that I would honor the deal after it is done? But just to give you a fighting chance, there should be a set of unblemished gasmasks in the room behind the wooden door if my agent's haven't been feeling a bit too murdery, have fun kid, also there really isn't a point to turning off alarms, your kid over there with the phallic weapon is carrying a siren everywhere he goes, and you are trying to play hide and seek. Ciao". The phone then makes some sparking noises, before revealing that it has deleted the man's phone number from it's systems, and that it has gotten your IP banned from Chaos Engine for "Handholding on a blue board", you are not sure how to respond to that.

The Good Doctor

There are many reasons why a man would doom his intrepid companions to a horrible death, and apparently you decided that reason would be SCIENCE! Well whatever, they probably had insurance or something; it's not like you forgot to sign the papers for that right? RIGHT?.

But who cares about boring legal stuff like insurance; the pictures that have been taken today should help humanity learn...something or other about the horrors. A part of you wonders if someone has made a study about the eating habits and digestion systems of a horror as you punch it on it's nose after it tried to eat your face.

You kick one of it's many mouths as it snarls at you again, this accomplishes nothing but causing your feet to be wet with what you assume is it's slobber and breaking a tooth out of it's mouth. You shrug your and wonder what you should do next.

>>>>>>Magically use magic on it for magical reasons involving magical research for science purposes

>>>>>>Play Eye of the Tiger while you give it a training montage

>>>>>>Check on the lab assistants and the damage it has caused to the facility

>>>>>>Laugh maniacally and randomly zap things with lightning in an attempt to do...something

>>>>>>For the love of Science, put it in a cage

>>>>>>Other

Edited by Cronos5010

Edmond held up the phone to Halley, inviting her to look at what she had wrought.

"Alright. The buildings going to be gassed, quite soon. It might be a turn of good fortune actually, since the threat is public, and should ensure that innocents leave the building. Izumi!" Edmond raised his voice so that she might hear off down the hall. "There's gas masks in the closet behind that door! We're going to need them." Edmond waved his hand toward the door, signaling that they were in a hurry and should make their way over. "Because this door likely leads to nothing but a small closet, I suggest that we take the method of cutting through the floor, and abandon our attempts to get through the laser grid. Other suggestions would, however, be appreciated. Visrii? May I have my mirror back?"

Edited by Strider

Of course. It's not like this mission was going to get any easier. Halley would trust anyone who stuck a knife at her anyway.

Visrii passed the mirror back to Edmond. "Lexiel - use the lava axe from floor 50. The rest of us should look around for any other options to cut through or stand guard against anyone coming through the hallway. If any of you have faster options at blowing through the floor, it's time to speak up now."

"Wait, we gave him his payment before we got out safely?  Why?" Lexiel grouses, "Ugh, doesn't matter.  I'll start axing a hole in the floor.  We should go down a few levels and look for an elevator shaft or stairwell for rapid descent.  I'm fairly sure I don't need to breathe, so the gas is unlikely to bother me much.  It'll seriously hamper some of my summons, unfortunately.  Hope any fighting we have to do is somewhere well-ventilated."

>>>>>>>Play Eye of the Tiger and give it a training montage!  Teach it to use 80s magic!  That way the censors will prohibit it from killing people outside of feature films.

Edited by DragonRage

"Gasmasks? Why do we need gasmasks?"

Drawing her weapon, Izumi angles the barrel as to blast out the latches and lock without damaging the contents of the room. And then, she opens fire.

"Halley cut a deal with someone named Deus, and--I believe--allowed him to access the building's systems, through which he is planning to release some form of dangerous gas. Alright. Visrii, Halley,...bullet, you three, go pick up gas masks from Izumi, and bring an extra for me, though I don't know if I'll need one with this suit. I'll stand guard while Lexiel cuts through the floor." Edmond stood, rifle ready to fire at anyone who might appear down the hall. Needless to say, he was facing the direction they had come from, the direction of the crater.

Edited by Strider

The amount of anger that just rose from Halley's mechanical heart could not be measured. "... every time," she murmured. "it's gas. I'm fine. I just need to- no, none of that." 

She would plot to get back on Deus somehow, serving the well-deserved justice to the two-faced liar, but the vivid image of Lexiel going mad was enough to convince her to drop the vengeance. It wasn't forgiveness, but, for the first time in her entire life, self-restraint.

She leaned against the wall and waited for the lava axe to melt through the floor patiently.

Upon breaching the door Izumi would find that the room is completely and utterly devoid of any life, unless you consider the machines in the center of the room as one anyway.
Somebody had rather painstakingly crafted a unique looking board game with four different automatons serving as the players.
The first automaton Izumi would see is the one at the head of the table, it is a large and obviously mechanical thing, with large hands that seem to be struggling to not crush one of the many pieces it moves across the board. It is wearing an old United States military uniform, and its obviously mechanical and many eyed "head" has a tattered American flag obscuring some rather burnt sections of it. The uniform bears the words "Mirage", but it's dogtags say "Psychotrope, XX-XX-2029".
The second automaton Izumi would see is the one sitting beside the mechanical creature, at first glance she appeared to be an actual human girl, albeit one with an odd array of colours on her pig tailed hair, and one pointy ear facing towards "Morgan" but away from everyone else, the automaton had a rather manic look to it, and her scarred hands moved her pieces around the board erratically, she does not have any convenient name tags.
The third automaton seemed less certain, its appearance flickered often, changing from a white bearded and wise old man with a smug grin, to a gigantic and crystalline tree, and finally shifting back to an image of a bearded beard, before switching its appearance again and again; it moved its pieces with confidence and a perpetually smug look on whatever face it had. He was currently carrying a familiar looking piece, a young woman in a blue helmet with a red gem placed on it's front,, and a large five pointed and cyan star on her chest, along with what appears to be a bomb vest. He seemed to be in the middle of placing the piece near a not as well made piece showcasing the Aztech Pyramid, it appeared to have several large holes on the southern side, and the other players have surrounded it with their own pieces, perhaps in a desperate attempt at defending the area.
The fourth automaton was for all intents and purposes a dog crossed with a great white shark with no pieces on the board, although it sometimes pops up from it's hiding place somewhere underneath an area marked vaguely as "Abandoned Saeder-Krupp facility" and consumes a bunch of grey and unmarked pieces into its gaping maw before disappearing somewhere once more. None of the other players were bothered by this behavior as it didn't seem to be eating any of their pieces, although sometimes the girl pets it while calling it "Sweeet, sweet Apex".

The third automaton then shouts out a triumpanth "I WIN THIS TIME BITCHES!" before placing the piece it had been carrying on the table, causing the Aztech pyramid and the other player's pieces to be blown up into tiny little pieces.
Every single one of the players disappeared after the piece was placed, and as the rather large and hard to understand game disappeared from view, a set of six gasmasks were in fact left on top of the table with a small note that said "To my favorite pawn-Deus"

Lexiel broke through the floor with her surprisingly useful lava axe, and anyone looking out for any traps would not be able to find any.

After checking the hole out, Halley jumped right into it, landing on the floor below with a soft sound. She looked around, checking the surroundings. After making sure all was clear, she gestured to the others upstairs and looked for the elevator shaft.

Visrii swiped the gas masks off the racks and tested the masks by summoning a toxic mist and passing them through the filters a little. If they worked, he burnt them into his storage and jumped down with Halley. If they didn't work, Visrii would send out a weak shock wave of lightning to break all the cameras that Deus has, then follow through the hole in the floor. 

"Thanks, Lexiel." Edmond, after seeing that none of the marbles he threw down had been melted or disintegrated, leapt down into the hole. He activated the boosters a second before he hit the floor, slowing his descent enough to prevent injury.

"Be careful Halley. I would prefer that you don't go too far ahead, and don't round any corners before checking them in some manner. It would be wise to keep our presence on this floor concealed for a little..."

And again, Halley would find no visible or audible or electronic traps as she went out in her search for the elevator shaft, rather unfortunately her search was rather hampered by a trip wire, which caused her to slip and fall; thus causing the twenty arrows launched by the crossbow connected to the trip wire system to harmlessly embed itself in the wall just above her, except for a rather lucky shot that can be found sticking out of her two helmets.

But on the bright side the next room actually contained an elevator, granted the elevator was directly underneath them, but they presumably could cut it down or cut through it with their laser axe.

Song

You clap your hands once, which triggers the speakers you have installed in the walls of the research lab. You have yet to find anything that can motivate your workers more other than the threat of listening to ancient Pop, Techno, and if you are feeling especially devious...metal music for another hour. George looked confused for a moment as your clapping switches the music from a song about big behinds, countdowns that are final, and a song about a girl that is so annoying that you actually regret ever saving a copy of it in your computer's hard drive. You immediately clap once again, causing the music to switch to some admittedly quite motivating drek about eyes of the tiger.

You then throw it at a tread mill, which straps it in for an excessively fast run, a part of you feels a bit guilty over strapping its legs in and making it run at 10 miles an hour on its arms, but you decide that the only way to make this better is if someone was shouting motivational speeches at it.

>>>>>>Do it yourself, you always know the best things to say to motivate people like "I have your family hostage" or "Do that and you won't get paid this week"

>>>>>>Let S.C.I.E.N.C.E Handle it

>>>>>>Zap it with lightning, just because

>>>>>>Put it in a cage

>>>>>>Switch to Disco music

>>>>>>Other

Visrii would find that none of the poison gas he is using will enter the gasmask, although admittedly at some point the poison gas would enter it through the completely and utterly unprotected back that usually would be sealed with the help of your face.

"Are you alright, Halley?" Edmond expressed only a small amount of concern, since it seemed unlikely that the arrow would have harmed the android. Edmond waited a moment for the rest of the group to descend through the hole, and spoke again once they had arrived. "This should be pretty simple. We'll cut through the elevator top and bottom with the axe, and then anyone who is unable to fly should either use a rope or pair up with someone who can carry them. Would you do the honors once more of assisting out entrance?" Edmond pulled out the rope which he had bought at the stuffer shack, and after a moment's indecision, handed it to Halley. Visrii probably didn't need it, right? There had been times when he seemed to have a tendency to float. Edmond could carry The Bullet, Lexiel could get Izumi, and Halley could use the rope

Edmond waits for others to arrive. Once Lexiel cuts a hole, he will pair up with someone, probably The Bullet, and help them down.

>>>>>>Let S.C.I.E.N.C.E Handle it

Edited by Strider

Lexiel heads through the hole with the others and starts hacking away at the elevator floor.  It's go time.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A disco interlude is sure to solve everything.

"Traps everywhere. I thought this was supposed to be a place where people live. Anyway, I'd trust myself more than that rope. These things always snap at stupid times." Halley warmed up a bit and waited for the hole to open. She'd swing from the edge of the hole and slide along the shaft at an acceptable speed.

>>>>>>Other: You're hungry, and George is probably hungry too. Turn off the treadmill and throw your incompetent coworkers into his easy reach. Maybe start with Ricardo. Screw him. Take the Fuji apple from the communal fridge and eat it as you watch them. It'd make you look more like an asshole than you already are.

Visrii sighed and followed the rest of the team down the shaft, falling viciously fast at first, but slowing down as he reached the bottom. He considered waiting for Lexiel, but decided that she had become healthy enough to mobilise on her own.

In any case...where's Lukas...? Is he coming?

"Wait...shit."

Lexiel would sense the communications hub pulsing as a call from Lukas reached it.

"Heyyy Visrii - I was just wondering, does Melina like scotch or wine? And before you ask, yes, we've finished your 'favor'. Now you did promise me that you WILL attend this date I'm setting up for you once we stopped this massacre business..."

Edited by PigeonOfAstora