"My plans are all rather vague. If we had had more time we could have done something elaborate...but I think that any infiltration by us is doomed to failure. I can hope that they've realized this, in which case I expect they'll make a full on frontal assault. If they don't realize that they've utterly failed at stealth, then they'll attempt an infiltration. Which would be hopeless...There are quite a few floors open to the public, correct? What do you think about my chances of entering the building by the front door under the cover of their attack, and meeting up with them?" Edmond seriously hoped that a SIN would not be required to enter some of the less restricted floors of the building. Aztech owns the Stuffer Shacks, and those didn't need a SIN, so hopefully...

"I don't suppose you have any advice on how to not suffer a gruesome fate in Aztech? And I've already resigned myself to going in, so backing out isn't an option..." He glanced out the windshield, and perked up in response to the flashes of light in the night sky. Lightning...the colors are familiar...Lexiel, and possibly Visrii?

"Well, no doubt about it, they've begun an all out assault."

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halley would find a pristine white hallway that is almost completely empty of everything that isn't an angry and heavily armed guard or a panicked and lighter armed civilian, she manages to duck out of the line of fire before the guard could put a bullet inside of her head. She could vaguely remember the complete and utter lack of cover inside of the hallway, even the potted plants in the area had been sucked into the walls somehow, and the wide hallway's other furniture is currently occupied by either a drone, or a security guard.

Halley would know that the elevator was somewhere past the guards and down (South) the hallway, and somehow she could feel that there would be an unlocked computer down that path inside of one the floor's shared computer rooms, she would also know that there was yet another unlocked computer down the other end of the hallway (North) and past another set of elevators and into the floor's other computer room which was located an equally unknown distance in the northeast.

Yet she doesn't know about the presence of any traps, although common sense does dictate that armed and deadly traps would not make sense in such a heavily trafficked area.

The woman frankly replies to Edmond's question with "No chance, they won't even let you into the first floor without a SIN, never mind any of the other floors, so unless you have some method of flying, perhaps provided by a drunk and bored mage with nothing else to do but watch everyone else die, or a method of digging underground fast enough, then you are completely and utterly screwed....except maybe if you had a tank, but yeah no SIN pretty much means no method of entry man, but either way....". The woman then made a show of shifting the car's gears and driving at a much more rapid pace than before. "Hey, what is your name anyway man?" she said as she deftly caused the car to exploit a rapidly closing gap between two trucks just fast enough to only dent the back of the car a bit.

"Oh? I hadn't said that. How rude of me. I'm Edmond Cooper. Is your name Josephine Smith, or was that a false name?" Edmond was pleased to feel the car accelerate. Time was running short.

"Hmm. No SIN, no entry, huh? Actually though, I think I might have a way in. Give me a moment." Edmond arched in the seat to extricate the phone from his pocket. First, a quick text to the Lodge: "How does one (theoretically) go about releasing the spirit?"

He then quickly picked Solomon from the list of contacts and dialed. "Hello, Solomon? How are things going? Listen, I need a quick favor. The assault on Aztech seems to have started, and I got left behind. Apparently without a SIN, I have no real way in. Do you think you could fly me up to the others? I expect they've already blown some holes in the place. Actually, one more question: What is this EXplosive Runes contact in this phone? They said something about Aztech..."

Edited by Strider

Eugh... He had taken a lot more damage than he would've liked during that fall, and that was any at all. Staggering, he brought himself up to his feet and looked around him, noticing the body at his feet.

Ah! I see I seem to be in some kind of office floor. I still am unsure of where we must go, so I should probably try meet up with the others.

But first... The Bullet searched around him for anything he could heal himself with, before hastily heading to an elevator, if he could find one.

Lexiel summons a Lightkeeper of Emeria, and uses its services to help her bring the group back to healthiness as they move.  She takes the lava axe from whoever has it, finds a likely looking room, and attempts to melt holes in the floor with the lava, so we can travel down swiftly and in places we aren't expected to be.

Visrii got up from the blast and spat out a piece of a tooth that he just broke. He saw Lexiel's healing summon, and opened his mouth to say something to Lexiel, but closed it again. 

He instead silently channeled fire and carefully guided the lava into the center, so as to not spill against her. They went through a fuck ton of craziness. He cannot let her or anyone else get injured this far in.

He thought back to Stravaga. He'll have to go back, for the Masquerade, eventually. That was inevitable. But somehow, he felt a strange tug, as if he had a faint shadow of reluctance to go back. 

...no. He must focus on his work. His duty was too high, and no-one would be able to fulfill it. No-one else deserved his burden.

Lexiel's plan to pour lava on the floor and hoping that it would eat away at it quickly enough to cause a large enough hole for them to pass through.

Luckily enough Lexiel's plan worked like a charm, in the sense that the lava only had one incident of death by collateral damage and the security guards only managed to break through the moment after they had already broken through to the 50th floor.

They were currently inside of a couple's home. Presumably the group would win a reward for the most creative....interruption of a certain romantic past time if there was anyone inside of the pyramid who could see them perform said act.

The previous floors were quite uninteresting as anything of interest was eaten away by a constant and ever growing stream of lava, but this floor seemed to be relatively unharmed, other than the rapidly growing hole in the floor of course.

The couple had dispersed by this point, and the only thing that could remind people of their presence is the partly burnt remains of a rather romantic dinner.

The Bullet would find a lot of things that he could have healed himself with, but rather unfortunately there was nothing of that sort other than a half eaten donut he would have had to nick from a pointy eared lass.

His search for an elevator however, was less lucky as while he did find an elevator, it was filled by a rather large amount of heavily armed men and women, who thankfully hadn't noticed him.

Edmond's text to Sister Maria would come in the form of a rather tired "In my experience when people ask you how something would theoretically happen, they have a rather high chance of actually doing it. Which is why I am not telling you anything.".

His call to Solomon would be even less fruitful, as the man had simply decided not to pick up, although a few moments later he would receive a message saying "Coffee Shop near Pyramid, now.".

"Gah. Sorry to change so quickly, but I need to get to the coffee shop. Apparently." Edmond sighed. He sometimes wondered if Solomon was even on their side with all the delaying and ignoring that he did. "Solomon is there, and I need a way into the pyramid, so he might be able to help." Try another number? Makes sense, I suppose...

Text to the lodge: "I have no ill intention. I asked for two reasons. The first being to avoid anything that might release it. I also considered hooking it up to my life so that if i die, it would be released. And don't worry too much, I have a friend who specializes in capturing demons."

He sent one text to the counciler: "Any advice on getting into Aztech without a SIN? If not, thanks anyway! (Do you have a spare thunderhawk on hand?)"

One to Izumi: "On my way. What's the mission status?"

He then picked up the gun out of the briefcase, and looked it over. ((OOC: can you give the stats?))

Edited by Strider

Halley jumped down right away and rolled aside to give space for others to land. Once the others had landed, she said, "The guards are probably concentrated on the floor where we entered right now. We gotta use this chance to cut to the elevator." 

She turned to the couple's hasty escape. "Well... that can't be good. We can't wait for the lava to sink further down, either; the guards will eventually catch up." 

"So, here's the plan: I'll lead and run for the closer elevator shaft; there's one on both ends of the hallway. The last of us that leaves this room will bring down the hallway ceiling right behind us."

She stepped before the wide-open door that the couple had left. "With the mess that I made, you guys probably wouldn't want to trust me on this one. But, well, bear with me, alright?" She made a run for it, shooting streams of energy blasts at every guard in her way.

The Bullet mutters something curse-like. There wasn't much available to heal himself with, so he might just have to go without. His compatriots were still somewhere else, so he should probably explore.

Not in the direction of the full elevator, however. Try to be a little stealthy, at least.

Captain Competent and The Drunken menace

The driver replies with a sarcastic "Hot coffee is better than dying horribly isn't it?" Before driving rather quickly and rapidly.

In fact she drove the vehicle so rapidly that it swerved and caused the vehicle to roll three different times.

Edmond would be quite unharmed as in his infinite competence he had surely buckled his seatbelt, and the woman simply yawned as if this was a regular occurrence.

After a while the car rolls back to its proper position as the driver well....continues driving.

Lodge-"And again, find your own mad arcane scientist".

The councillor-"Bring as many explosive devices as possible, if you think that you have enough bombs to blow up a small third world country and that you packed too many bombs. Then you haven't brought enough bombs with you. Also it wouldn't hurt to have and carry a big and intimidating gun. Wield some rather wicked magic, and have no DNA or blood.

Failing that just bring a fucking VTOL, also no I don't have Thunderhawk, I have several Thunderhawks. Not sure why you would ask though."

After a while the car arrived at what was once a sleepy little Turkish coffee shop, but it's sleepyness was interrupted by a red haired Elven man singing rather old and naughty songs while performing several pelvic thrusts.

An exasperated Solomon could be seen mouthing the words "He's not even drunk" in the few moments where he isn't drinking from a rather large mug.

Did this just go wronger???

Halley's hasty and not very well aimed shots succeeds in hitting nothing but a bunch of civilians, a pair of security guards, and the air.

Rather unfortunately Halley's approach to the elevator was rather rudely interrupted by the sound of a man shouting angrily and tackling her to the ground. The tackle would have felt like a very small SUV swerved into her torso at high speed, before rolling multiple times with her underneath the car with every single roll 

Visrii would possibly be surprised by the sudden appearance of several dark skinned men and women in modern armor adorned with various Aztec embelishments and leopard skin armguards carrying assault rifles and shouting "On your knees motherfuckers" in English, Spanish, Russian, German, and French, at the same time.

One of the guard appears to be sporting a full afro, you are not sure how to comment on that, or the rather thick and bushy chevron another man was sporting.

Izumi tried dodging the various men's shots, but despite her best efforts, she simply got shot at a lot.

Round 1

Init Order

Leopard Guard E 28

Leopard Guard A 24

Halley 23

Lexiel 22

Leopard Guard F 22

Leopard Guard B 19

Leopard Guard C 18

Leopard Guard D 18

Visrii 14

Izumi 10

Status

Visrii: 34/34

Lexiel: 40/40

Izumi: 31/38

Halley: 29/38 Suplexed

Leopard Guard A: Motherfuckers (Healthy)

Leopard Guard B: Healthy

Leopard Guard C: Healthy

Leopard Guard D: Healthy

Leopard Guard E: Healthy

Leopard Guard F: Healthy, Suplexing

The Bullet is rather unfortunately noticed by the many security guards inside of the elevator, and his attempt at stealthily sneaking away rapidly turns into an attempt to not get shot by a rather large amount of rifle slinging security guards with live ammunition. They do not give a shit about hitting civilians apparently.

The Bullet can attempt to run down the hallway which may have places where he can duck for cover, or run towards this computer room thingy.

Well, that plan didn't work out great. Stealth has never been his strong point.

Thinking fast, The Bullet fires himself into the computer room, dodging in. Inside, he looks for any cover or objects to hide in.

"It would seem so. Apparently the mission is going...poorly." Edmond was thrown completely off when the car flipped, and was even more suprised at how easilyt they had continued driving. He scrabbled on the floor for his phone, and read the messages. It seemed as though the lodge wouldn't be much use on this one, and Edmond was a little relieved about that. Hmm There was a test which Edmond wished to try. Hey, shotgun! Or, if you have another name that you'd prefer. Can you hear me?"

To the councilor: "Hmm. I'm fresh out of explosives at the moment, but I'll try to remember that. I was mainly wondering if I might borrow a Thunderhawk? If not, I understand completely. It is a rather large request."

Edmond simply shook his head as he entered the coffee shop. "So, Solomon, what are you two up to, and what did you need me for? Our comrades are currently en route to rather painful deaths and the abysmal failure of their mission."

Edited by Strider

The Bullet would find two things, one that the room was covered in thick metal servers that he would think is valuable enough to hide behind, and a rather large looking man who is quite literally plugged into a computer. He notices The Bullet's entrance by sealing the doors shut and releasing what can only be said to be a flying buzzsaw carrying drone.

Edmond's response from the councillor would simply come in the form of a short text that states "Sorry but no, any form of help that comes from me would be in the shape of something more discrete than a red white and blue helicopter with a pair of miniguns and a speaker playing something American and obnoxious. Like for example, the nanite bomb in the back seat.".

The shotgun simply replies with "So how comfortable are you with eliminating an entire building and it's occupants? Or in short, how much of a drone loving American are you? You can call me Liz by the way.".

Solomon would reply with a swift gulp of whatever was left of the foul liquid inside of his large coffee mug, and a bellowing "Nothing really, just going to wait here until the moment they die, and then we'll go in and throw bombs at pretty much everything before exiting stage left. Pretty much only asked you here because you I actually like you and didn't want you to die horribly like everyone else.".

"Thank you, sir."

In response to the councilor's worrying message, Edmond had grabbed the package in the back seat on his way in. He made his way into the shop, and told the detective, "I'll be over there with the Solomon, when you're done getting your coffee."

Edmond pulled up a chair next to Solomon, and sat down heavily. He was exhausted, not physically, but mentally and emotionally.

"You're going to love this, Solomon. The councilor gave me something called a Nanite bomb for the Arcology. Can you tell me what it does? I have a feeling that if used, it could bring about the deaths of a whole bunch of innocent people. I really would rather avoid that..." Edmond didn't mention that he would not let the bomb be used while his friends were in their, and would probably not even consent to it's use even if they got out or died.

Izumi Kurosawa: 31/38 HP 

Izumi gestures at Leopard Guard A "Focus fire on him." as she closes her fist, a dark aura implodes around him. "They're going to try and kill the mages first. Keep that in mind before you cast anything." 

Violent Recompense II on Leopard Guard A (Inflicts Remunerate (Allies targeting the victim with a negative action may reduce any of their current cooldowns by 1, including the action they used to trigger this). 2 Duration, 3 Cooldown.) 

If Leopard Guard A is dead by Izumi's turn, Basic Attack on whichever remaining Leopard Guard has the highest initiative.

And this couldn't get any worse.

Visrii grips his halberd and channels power of fire, but makes sure to conceal embers that fly off from his armor. He was caught flat footed and it would be risky to draw attention to himself just yet.

[Power Surge: Grant +3 to DEX, RES for 2 turns. Permanent +3 INIT]

The detective took the time to stretch her legs before walking towards the counter, although of course Edmond probably didn't notice that while he heard the laughing man interjected with "Call the councillor now and ask him if it is GPS locked, and don't drop it on the floor if you want everyone here to still be alive." Before Solomon could respond, although in the end of the day all he could really respond with was "Yeah, that".

The Bullet's attempt to taunt the drone rather unfortunately only leads to him getting hit by the buzzsaw drone, which then continues to fly in an erratic and dangerous manner near him.

The Bullet would also notice how the guardsmen do not seem to be rather keen on the idea of breaking down the door of the computer room, and he may feel that he has made a rather big mistake....especially when the sound of another buzzsaw starting could be heard directly behind him....

"Urgh, of course!" Halley fired at the floor, trying to break free from the guard's grip with the blasts' knockback. Should it succeed, she'll somersault away from the guard and shoot a paralyzing shot at the guard.

Action: Break Free. If successful, use Blaster - Paralyzer on Leopard Guard F.

Edmond gripped the bomb a bit tighter. Solomon hadn't actually stated how the bomb worked, but Edmond got the general idea. Nanites...probably som sort of self-replicating nanomachine...It would consume everything in the building. The only question is what the Nanites use for energy, since most things can't metabolize concrete...

Edmond stood up, then sat down again. With a deep breath, he addressed Solomon and the Laughing man, and possibly the detective depending on whether she had gotten coffee yet. "I hope you understand that I'm highly opposed to blowing up a seventy floor building containing thousands of civilians, and most of my teammates. Alright? So now, if you want this mission done, I'm going to need my questions answered with clarity and alacrity." Edmond knew that they would probably answer, but he wanted to give them some prodding on speed.

"Now, how many civilians are in the Pyramid, approximately, and how fast do the nanobots move? Are these people the families of the employees, or are they simply people who aren't affiliated with Aztech who happen to live there? If I'm to use this bomb, I want everyone I can get out of the pyramid who is not willingly part of the blood cult. With a building that size, it's impossible that everyone deserves to die being consumed by an endless wave of nanobots." Edmond shuddered at the thought.

"Has the Arcology, or any building of it's size ever been evacuated before? If so, for what? A bomb threat? A fire? Perhaps a chemical leak, or the backlash from a failed ritual? It is vital that I know. This one might be more difficult to answer, but how do they evacuate? Is it a PA system? From what part of the pyramid is it controlled? Is there anyway to activate it without getting to the control room?"

Edmond turned the bomb over in his fingers, observing its appearance from all sides. "I'm not going to use this, unless the building is emptied of innocents. The idea of killing everyone and my teammates to destroy the book disgusts me. Even just letting them die would be a failure. Don't point out that it's for the greater good. In the first, that's not true. We're on a mission to rid the multiverse from trespassers. The true greater good would be to get my friends and leave your little world to perish. But I'm not after the greater good. The greater good is a failure; you couldn't save everyone, so you had to minimize losses. I want to succeed, and I need help from both of you. Would either of you have any way to get me into the pyramid? And is there anything that Nanites cannot eat through?"

Edited by Strider

Round one:

Leopard Guard E proves why more dakka is best dakka on Lexiel, dealing 12 damage.

Leopard Guard A and his silly purple hilted throwing knives have rather unfortunately hit Izumi for 8 damage.

Halley broke free from the Leopard Guard's German suplex, and shot him with a ray that weakens his strength, but not actually dealing any damage since idt that was a part of the action.

Lexiel shoots Leopard Guard A in his afro, successfully hurting his ego by 11 points of damage.

Leopard Guard F slashes Halley after she had broken free, dealing 4 points of damage.

Leopard Guard B deals 9 points of damage because oh of course he did with that many gel rounds.

Leopard Guard C trips on a wet article of discarded clothing and falls flat on his face dealing 10 points of damage to himself.

Leopard Guard D immediately charges the man who appeared to be meditating with his phallic instrument of death and successfully suplexes him down to the ground while shouting general cease and decist messages. Dealing 9 points of damage.

Visrii is currently kissing the floor.

Izumi successfully lands her curse on the Afro wearing guard, he does not react to this change.

Lexiel: 19/40

Izumi: 23/38

Halley: 25/38

Visrii: 25/34, First base with floor

Leopard Guard A: Almost heavily Injured, Cursed with Remunerate

Leopard Guard B: Motherfuckers

Leopard Guard C: Injured

Leopard Guard D: Healthy

Leopard Guard E: Healthy

Leopard Guard F: Healthy but weakened

Fuck you too.

Visrii, caught off guard in the middle of a spell, found himself on the floor. He quickly twisted and tried to catch the guard's elbow, pushing him out of the man's grip.

If successful, he'll have to just strike the guy down.

[DEX roll to escape suplex. If successful, use Thunder Strike, dealing 2d4+(DEX+SYN)]