"It is more than that.  To access my bonds with the land requires a certain mindset, one in line with the color of mana provided," Lexiel states, "Freed of my delusions, no doubt brought on by the oil, I am no longer certain I have that mindset."  The idea that it was all the Phyrexian oil's fault is rather comforting to the angel, reassuring her at least a bit.  It's also very, very wrong, but more repression and denial at this point is a drop in the ocean.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This place is outside the Ios, right? Then it will be compatible. But we'll need a receiver end - Wait."

Visrii put a hand on the comms crystal hub, his hand glowing slightly as he tested with different frequencies.

Currently, the comms crystal to Wolfe was connected with frequency 26315. Each pair of crystals were unique, and each had their own frequency. But if he could reverse the frequency, he could hijack the crystal and open it to a completely different channel. Of course, this will completely screw the crystal over after a few hours of use. The few hours, he reasoned, was all that he needed.

The crystal glowed blue, then deep crimson, then back to its normal translucence.

"Try 51362 as your electronic device frequency."

A certain mindset for a certain mana pool...she is not an angel. She's some kind of elemental conglomerate.

"Well...shit. I'll have to make do with Edmond's boost. Taking mana off an elemental is a bad idea."

Beyond his mana pool, however, he could feel the Fading, just shimmering out of sight.

If he expended all the little mana he had left again, he would lose consciousness. The Fading had destabilized his soul - and his necklace was the only thing that was keeping him together at this point.

Melina. I need to return to Stravaga, sooner or later.

Halley threw the comm crystal at Edmond and located the radio frequency of his suit on her own. Seeing the others having finally caught up, she went through the door, leading the way to the closest elevator shaft.

"Don't leave yet. We're not splitting up again." Edmond caught the crystal, and handed it to Visrii. Edmond first set the frequency of his suit radio to connect up to Visrii's main crystals. This way, he could speak for a time without others hearing. "Lexiel needs help, that much is obvious. I don't know much about magic, but we both know lies. Lexiel is either lying to prevent us from worrying, or she's lying to herself. I know a person who might know something that could help her, however, that can't be done until we're out of here. For now, I want to be able to talk to Lexiel one on one. I think that's probably best, and would allow me to better understand what is happening. To do this, I need you to give Lexiel the crystal set that you have on your armor. In order to keep in contact, you can use Halley's crystal. This way, I should be able to give the sense of privacy that might be necessary." Edmond then set up three preset channels on the radio, one to Halley, one synced in a strange manner to Visrii's armor plate crystals, and one to the spare crystal.

Edmond waited for Visrii to give the set of crystals to Lexiel.

Visrii adjusted Lexiel on his back and clicked off the crystal hub and handed it it Lexiel, making sure she was coherent enough to use it. "Stay with me Lexiel."

"Acknowledged. Do all that it takes to keep Lexiel alive."

Visrii looked down to his necklace. Kavaline was the Watchers' goddess. An angel, with bright white wings and wielding staff. It is said that she lead the precursors of the Watchers, before she disappeared into the skies with the angels to bring them back.

She never returned, but legend told that she ascended into godhood, and now stands watching over the Fire.

She must be so fucking pissed right now to see how it went since she disappeared.

Either way, this necklace continued its soothing blue aura, restoring Visrii's mana pool little by little. His Fading was a different problem - but at least soon he'll be able to fight.

Visrii said nothing, but silently stared at Lexiel as he carried her. Some strange forlornness set upon Visrii's mind, but as he had always done, he kept it away from showing.

He had to finish the mission, and keep his team safe, if he could. That was the only objective he had now.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Edmond nodded as the pieces came together. The way forward was empty. Possibly a trap, but possibly not, and it was their only option. And of course, Lexiel had the comms crystal now, and Visrii seemed to be acting far less violent and rude than what Edmond had seen from him before. Edmond braced himself for whatever impending doom would spoil his small success. They would have to move out now.

To Halley, he himself said with a sigh, "We simply had to wait for Sif's recon results. We're good now, moving on, search for the elevator shaft. 'Aztech specializes in magic, so watch out, not everything can be seen' "

"Thanks Visrii, I'll do my best. We're moving out now."

Edmond held up his hand, gave a wave in the direction which they would be going, and began to move, going into the presumably empty hall. Now for the most important part. Edmond was uncertain where to begin with this endeavor, so he began in the simplest way possible.

"Can you hear me, Lexiel?"

Edmond plodded along in a sense, somewhere near the middle of the group. He knew he was probably making a mistake in trusting the others to properly handle danger, but this was far more important. However, just to be careful, every so often he would toss out one of the marbles he had bought at the Stuffer Shack. Those should at least activate any motion detecting, sound detecting, or pressure sensitive traps... In any case, Lexiel had some form of oil inside her, and Visrii burned it. Lexiel immediately perked up, though it seemed forced. It must be that...the oil was something to blame her problems on then...

"I know, I know...I'd like to make an apology. I've made so many mistakes since we've arrived here...not making a point of sharing my vague knowledge of this world, not choosing to get the SIN for myself...I've been hesitant, and we've all payed for it. I am so, so sorry for not paying attention, not noticing your blindness. It was idiotic and has had its consequences. I'm trying now, trying to get us to finish this job, but I don't know if I can..." Edmond tossed a few more marbles out. "I need to do this right, and to do that, I need to know more, I need to be prepared. Tell me what happened, with the oil I saw, and with the comets, maybe even the full story, as you know it, of everything that has happened since you entered the Arcology. I need to know so that I can make this work."

There's only one way to win a campaign: shout, shout and shout again! soundtrack

The Good Doctor Wolpertinger stomped off towards a nearby lab assistant, his name was Ricardo or "Hay"sus or Frank or something, he had never bothered learning the names of the new lab assistants, they had a tendency to get eaten alive or pushed towards an open portal or very suddenly and mysteriously get themselves sacrificed in the traditional Aztec way over a period of three hours with no witnesses despite being in the same room as three visiting mages from another department for said three hours. Riaynk was currently in need of a new pair of pants it seemed, which was in a way rather impressive when you consider the current state the other lab assistants were in. The Good Doctor made a mental note to give the...woman a good performance review as he shouted several encouraging words about the nature of lemons, her lack of inquisitive spirit and conviction, and something about explosive lemons or something, he's not really sure exactly what he said, but the relative familiarity in the situation calmed her down enough. Before he threw her out of the way of the snarling horror. As it swallowed a different lab assistant whole and started it's fascinating digestion method, he considered his options.

>>>>>>>>Punch George on the nose, I mean he looks vaguely like a shark doesn't he? And didn't they say that punching sharks on the nose is always a good idea?

>>>>>>>>Take pictures of George as it eats your various lab assistants....FOR SCIENCE!

>>>>>>>>Zap George with lightning to see how it reacts

>>>>>>>>Check on Haando or whatever her name was

>>>>>>>>Activate the trap you primed earlier to trap George in it's cage

The Commissariat (soundtrack)

The computer that Halley had used earlier simply display a still image of a bearded beard, you can't help but feel that it is smiling rather deviously, especially when the screen started to slowly turn a familiar shade of green; it also emitted some rather loud accordion music, but who really cares about that.

The office itself still smelled rather sulfurous, but at least they wouldn't have to worry about slipping and falling into a pool of lava anymore, although Izumi could hear something rather worrying, in the form of an unfamiliar set of voices barking orders in a rather colorful tone of voice at the many leopard guardsmen who had just been standing there, and hoping that none of their more magically sensitive superiors would notice the fact that they technically aren't doing anything. The sound of barked orders to move were soon replaced by the sound of barked orders and a rather loud pistol being fired at something after a rather angry voice snapped back at the one giving orders, that something was soon revealed as the headless body of a guardsman, that seemed to have been summarily executed by a high caliber weapon and thrown.

Sif would report that the halls were completely and utterly clear, until it flown past a place it shouldn't and got itself vaporized by something, but at the very least Izumi would now know that it wasn't a good idea to walk towards the north side of the hallway without worrying about traps.

Both Edmond and Izumi would receive a message on their phones from someone, although it seemed to be a text based one.

Edited by Cronos5010

"I'd be for a chat and an apology," he said to everyone, "but I hear the guards coming this way. I've only one more of those rock crystals, and I'm saving it for an escape.

If we want to talk, we're better off talking whilst moving. Izumi - what do we have on radar?"

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

The Bullet had failed to garner Edmond's attention throughout this, and once they began moving he was stuck with only his voice to talk.

No matter, he supposed. He would simply be smart about it. He ducked into some sort of cover quietly, and near Lexiel as instructed, waiting to follow Edmond's command.

>>>>>>>>Activate the trap you primed earlier to trap George in it's cage

Edited by spümpkin

"With most likely an APB out on our heads after Halley's and my own mistakes, we decided that we had to move quickly, and breached the arcology by crashing my dragon summon into it.  I do not know which floor we entered on, but it was unfortunately high, as our objective is in the basement.  I used an axe modified to produce lava to melt a hole in the floor for us to descend with.  However, shots were fired, and we were assaulted by a group of guards.  We defended ourselves well enough, despite being separated somewhat in the chaos.  I think I may have been hit with a spell with mental effects, though Izumi seems to have purged it alongside some other things.  However, the guards had called for reinforcements, we were not progressing downwards quickly enough, and I decided to call down a comet storm to expedite our descent.  You have to understand, if I had known there were civilians in the line of fire, I would never have...  Urza's bones, I hope I wouldn't have done that," Lexiel states with a detached tone, "I heard an army approaching, and attempted to fire on it.  I do not believe I was entirely in my right mind at the time.  Those people might have been cultists working to bring about the end of their world, but... they still deserved a chance to surrender, and I did not give it to them.  I-  It had to be the oil.  It couldn't have been anything else.  Three years ago, I visited a fantastic world called Mirrodin, an entire plane of metal.  It was a fascinating, incredible place.  It also no longer exists.  The golden oil is the life-blood of Phyrexia, the scourge of worlds, a force that would be far more dangerous than any Trespasser if it could move between planes without extreme amounts of time, effort, and knowledge they no longer possess.  The Phyrexians flooded the plane with their foul oil, corrupting and destroying everything until the land itself oozed with it.  All but the barest few survivors were... compleated into Phyrexian creatures, and they begged myself and the other survivors from the task force of Planeswalkers who attempted to save their world to leave.  To live on and spread warning of Phyrexia's return, and to remind the multiverse that Mirrodin once existed.  Planeswalkers like myself, beings who can travel between worlds without a machine like that castle of yours, are supposed to be immune to the oil's corruptive influence.  But beings of metal or pure mana, with restrictions on their will and less adaptable bodies, succumb more swiftly and completely to the oil than people of flesh, and require a much smaller dose to be corrupted.  It is likely that my nature allowed the oil to influence me despite my Planeswalker spark.  I suspect it has been since I fled Mirrodin.  But until now, I never considered, even for a moment, the slaughter of noncombatants to be justifiable," She continues in a quiet, lost, yet still even cadence.  "I think there is something very wrong with me, Edmond.  I- heh- I was never meant to be an angel, did you know that?  I was once just as human as you, a simple task mage and researcher keeping food in her stomach by being an inter-planar courier, mercenary, and thief.  Eventually, I saved enough gold for a vacation on the world of Bant.  Because my luck is nonexistent, the town I chose was attacked by a demon.  I could have left, but... school was in session.  The demon wanted the kids.  I gave it the finest display of spellwork I've ever cast instead.  We both fell.  Except it turns out that moral, honorable people who die doing a good deed on Bant come back as angels.  The purest of heart come back as archangels.  And while I might've committed a lot of crimes in my life, I never did them on Bant, so the planar magic couldn't see that.  And ever since then, I haven't been able to turn a good cause down.  Haven't won a good cause either.  Even if we destroy the book, after what I did this mission cannot be a victory.  I may need your assistance procuring a list of the deceased, Edmond.  I think my litany of names just got far longer.  I hope today is not the day that I have finally failed more people than I can remember, but...  I think it may be so."

>>>>>>>>>Lightning solves everything!  50 million volts of obedience training ought to teach George that lab techs are not chew toys, and that he should keep to the red-shirted security guards supplied specifically for this purpose.

Edited by DragonRage

APB...a warrant of some kind. Edmond listened carefully, nodding, and paying careful attention to the tone of each sentence as he moved with the group. He picked up a few of his marbles, and tossed them out in front once more. At times, as the angel spoke on, he felt the slightest shadow of tears. Saying all this with no inflection, a forcibly dispassionate tone... Edmond was silent for a moment after she had finished.

"You do d...anyone willing to make the sacrifice, willing to give their own life so that others may live theirs free from fear, is a good person. You cannot claim that because of previous actions, you did not deserve angelic status! People change, with time, and a person's situation can force them to do things they would not have. You cannot regret saving the school? Suppose you had starved on the streets, or taken a different path in life...you would not have been there, to help those people.  We do the things we do in life, and no one can change them after the fact. We can try to remedy the results, but the action becomes an immovable object of the past. When you have once committed a crime, the best thing you can do, is move on, do everything you can to help people in the future." Edmond felt the buzz of his phone, but ignored it for the moment.

"I will not claim that our mission can be considered a success after this. But I will ask, if we finish this mission, if we destroy the book, will this world be better off than if we had never come? I say yes. This is no excuse not to try our hardest, no excuse not to regret our actions, no excuse to celebrate a victory that was at the cost of so many lives, but all we can do, after each and every failure, is to learn, and to push onward, and try to redeem ourselves." This seemed the most prudent way to go. Guilt was a natural feeling, and trying to pretend that it could be ignored was foolishness. However, it, of course, could not be allowed to devour one's self, and prevent them from any good in the future. Edmond could see, in her final words, that she quite obviously blamed herself for what she told others was the Phyrexian oil's fault...It sounds terrifying. Supposed to be immune, but wasn't...either the pure mana, or perhaps...restrictions on her will?

"Tell me little more about angels. You said that a few things could expose someone to the influence of the oil. So angels are beings of pure mana? What about the other reasons? You aren't metal of course, but do you have restrictions of mind and body? The oil...three years ago it was? Does it take so much time to corrupt? You have changed, Lexiel, in the day and a half for which I've known you. If so much could happen in that time, there must have been something to trigger this change. Remember stopping with a group of addicts to reform them on a roof while we thought police were after us? There has been a change, but the question is why...It could be the world, I suppose...I don't know if you've ever been to a place like this before..." This reminded Edmond: he hadn't asked her about Marisa, who had given him a bad impression of Ravnica. He wasn't certain whether he should try to sneak that into the conversation or not... "I will do my best to help you though. We'll try to make sure this doesn't happen again. And I will search for the names of the deceased, if you wish it, and if we survive. We can at least pay them our respects. But for now, perhaps you could tell me about your life since Mirrodin. You say you haven't 'won' a good cause...if you can, please tell me."

Realizing something, Edmond turned to the sentient bullet for a moment. "I don't know your name. How should I address you?" He had saved this bullet from a dire situation, but had neglected to introduce himself.

In general, as Edmond talks, he walks forward, keeping slightly ahead of Visrii, and tossing out marbles at intervals.

>>>>>>>>Take pictures of George as it eats your various lab assistants....FOR SCIENCE!

Edited by Strider

((Running a temperature, so this will be a lot briefer than I'd like it to be.))

Guards approaching.  Lots of them. Halls definitely trapped with magic.

Izumi sends Sif forwards to the exact same place. If he doesn't explode, just clear out the traps using avatars of Sif as a conga line of lemmings, otherwise, use the avatars to try and find a safe path. 

Edited by Empiricist

"That's... something," Halley remarked at the guardsman's body. "The only way forward is through this door, then. They can't possibly booby-trap a freaking office, right? Right?" 

She simply followed the others.

Edited by IntSys

Visrii stopped walking and opened his palm. With a little determination, he could collect a fireball of a reasonable size. 

Mana pool's no longer sporadic. Recovery is slow but it's getting there.

He started walking again, and addressed the whole group.

"Izumi's reported back in. We've traps in the south hallways and guards are catching up. We've got to hustle."

Visrii picked up pace, sending out a weak bolt here and there to set off possible traps.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

Sif succeeded in tripping the laser trap, and it succeeded in tripping the laser trap again, and again, and again, and again. Until at some point Izumi should probably stop trying to send the bird down the same laser filled and narrow hallway that has no doors or other paths inside of it. Although Izumi would find that just before the northern path leading straight to the hall of instantaneous laser related death, there was a locked and wooden door to the east.

Visrii and Edmond's progress would be surprisingly trap free, and every single marble and lightning bolt thrown simply does nothing but fuel their ever growing and perfectly justified paranoia, until Edmond throws a marble into the hall of instantaneous laser related death and the marble melts into a puddle, Visrii's lightning does not cause anything of interest to happen.

"Well, I doubt we have time to go over everything in detail, but I'll try my hand at the short version.  I was born on the plane of Ravnica, the City of Guilds, the most urbanized world that exists, to a very poor family.  After numerous... misadventures, I tried to pick the pocket of a member of the Izzet guild.  Rather than being angry, he was most impressed by the spell I had invented, all by myself, to do the deed.  Instead of having me arrested, he offered me an apprenticeship.  I was quite happy with the Izzet; they made me who I am today.  I stayed with them until a lab accident awakened my Planeswalker spark and I exited the plane rather than dying in the explosion.  From there, well, what could the mysteries of one plane do to compete to exploring the entire multiverse?  I soon learned that being willing to move things from one plane to another for payment was wildly profitable, and that's what I did until my 'vacation' on Bant.  Since then, I haven't been able to turn a good cause down, no matter how hopeless.  I helped lose the fight to purify Mirrodin of Phyrexian corruption, was blinded and crippled on Zendikar after doing exactly nothing to help the Gatewatch defeat the Eldrazi, only survived my encounter with Reaper and the Widowmaker on Omnia with a lot of help from Overwatch agents, and failed to keep that backstabbing bitch Aurelia from ousting Guildmaster Pira'kor of the Boros.  That is the right word?  I heard Lucio use it once, and it certainly fits that traitorous, propaganda-spewing hypocrite Aurelia better than anything else I can think of," Lexiel shakes her head, "But for all that...  Those kids I saved went on to become great knights and battlemages.  I met one years later; he said he was inspired by my example, and that without me he wouldn't have been able to improvise enough to survive the Alaran Conflux catastrophe.  The word is out among the Planeswalker community about Phyrexia.  The Eldrazi are dead, even if Jace was the primary researcher for the spells that defeated them.  Urza's bones, I hate that smug bastard, but he did good work.  Reaper apparently took months to pull himself back together after I bought Zarya enough time to throw a black hole at him by blocking shotgun rounds with my chest.  And Guildmaster Pira'kor is still alive.  I-  I suppose they did turn out for the better for my involvement, but that isn't good enough.  Angels are perfect.  The purest expression of white  mana, the magic of law, order, community, and protection, shaped by an immaculate, unbreakable will.  They- We have to be a shining beacon of hope and justice.  Succeed, or be martyred in the trying.  Archangels even more so.  And I...  I cannot live up to the standard required of me.  I should be dead.  I can't even properly die a hero.  I do not know why the oil would suddenly become more influential, unless my-  Greater good.  Izumi told me to abandon my principles for the greater good.  She had a very convincing argument, too.  Savra's saggy, maggot-infested tits!"  Lexiel's reassuring, uplifting presence explodes back in full effect, even stronger than it was before, bringing with it a sense of almost tangible possibility.  Which clashes spectacularly with her oaths.  "What kind of archangel gives up on justice because of some honeyed words?  Or ignores the possibility of redemption?  I certainly needed that second chance.  ...Maybe that oil was affecting me more than I thought.  I can be flexible.  I can pursue alternatives.  I will bend, but I shall not break.  Here I stand," She slides off Visrii's back to stand, shaky at first, but then with steady strength, walking alongside the group.  A subtle, soft, white glow begins surrounding her, as her halo flares with light.  "I can do nothing less, for those I have lost, and those I have yet to lose.  I should also probably start researching that spell Izumi used.  If there is a way to extract Phyrexian oil, which was thought impossible to remove, the Mirran survivors might have a chance to live!  We could evacuate them with the castle and cure their corruption!"

Hallway is impassable. Trapped. There's a door nearby. I'll check. Won't breach just yet. 

The door looked breachable, assuming it hadn't been magically fortified. It looked convenient as well. And it lookef out of place. In short, it was most likely a trap. Or the correct way masquerading as such. There is always pressure in an infiltration or assault, a rush or a hurry, something chasing your heels. The trick's to stay calm, lest you fuck up. Can't say she was too good at that, but that wasn't her job either. She sends Sif over to the door to inspect the floor, the handle, the lock, and the hinges. 

Are there signs people have used this door recently? Are there signs this door has been used quite a few times? Stains or markings on the handle and lock? Signs of wear on the hinges or lock or handle? Any traces of anything on the floor? 

Edmond smiled, and received a feeling of unexpected joy, rather than the surprise he thought he would have felt at Lexiel's recovery. Before responding to the angel, he spoke to everyone: "Stop! Lasers, possibly allied with magic. Izumi says the hallway is impassable, but she found a door, though it might be trapped. It might be prudent to avoid the door altogether, and go through the walls or floor however. We'll have to see what investigation of the door reveals."

Edmond turned his set back to the link with Lexiel.

"I understand the feeling of trying to search out one universe's secrets, only for it to be revealed that there are so many other universes to see, and that I might have the chance. It's rather amazing...if I could live a hundred more lifetimes...Ha! No point in wishing for that. Tell me... Angels are an ideal then? The pinnacle of divine justice...You changed, a moment ago, in both appearance and aura, when you realized something." She changed when she rejected Izumi's "ideals". The much of a core change doesn't occur in humans when they become convinced of something, so it must be inherent to angels. And...her changes reflect the ideals. She would not do it now, but she called down the meteors when she believed that no cost was too high to pay for the greater good. And now...that would be unthinkable to her.

"I'd like to know a bit more. You seem almost...bound by what you think an angel should be. That is incredibly noble." And terrible. It might be the burden of all true heroes, but being made the servant of the people for every hour of their lives, never a moment to save themselves? That might be why the greatest heroes always seem to die young. But the heroes always have a choice, whatever they might say. They can step down, and they can rebound when they lose face or make a mistake. Being a truly obligated hero, with no choice... Edmond felt a great pity for this person who was no longer a person.

"You must remember though, that you have friends, people who will take up this burden, perhaps only for a little, to give you rest. You were once human. Because of that there may come a time when you cannot help the people who need it. But you must remember. There will be people, some of the same people who you help to support, who will help you. You are not the only angel ever created, or the only hero, so do not try to tell yourself that you must stand against the world alone." Would that be what she needed to hear? It was all true of course, but the truth can be either a great pain, or a joyful elightenment, or many things in between.

"Ravnica. Your homeworld. It might surprise you, but I'm familiar with the name. I've been meaning to ask since you mentioned it in passing...Anyway, I met someone on the castle ship, a mage, but the name of Marisa. She wasn't from Ravnica, but she didn't have anything particularly nice to say. However, she mentioned having a run in with the cops and the bureaucracy...perhaps you know her? She seemed nice enough, but if you know her, I would like to hear your opinion of her, and the possible other side of her story."

Having gotten this question off of his chest, Edmond hesitantly performed a few small experiments with the laser traps: throwing three marbles in at the same time, rolling them in at a much slower speed, using two with different velocities to see which was targetted first, and checking on other factors of the experiment, like whether the walls were damaged after the lasers fired, and whether multiple lasers ever seemed to fire at the same target.

Edited by Strider

Visrii notices the vibrant change within Lexiel.

So - she's an elemental of justice; and she got corrupted by violent thoughts. And that fucked her over.

Another victim of circumstance.

Seeing Lexiel better so quickly made him feel relieved, and yet strangely even more depressed. Was it jealousy or pity? No matter. He swept these emotions away for the task ahead.

Visrii shot a lightning at where the laser came from, and then followed it up with a fire ball. If he couldn't destroy it, he'll have to try and redirect the lasers somewhere.

Edited by PigeonOfAstora

"Marisa!  I thought something in the castle smelled of tea and cheap hair dye," Lexiel growls, quietly but out loud, apparently irritated enough by the memory of the woman to forget about the communication device, "Yeah, I know her.  Scooped her up for drunken disorderly at an underground Rakdos rave my unit raided on Ravnica call it six years ago.  She was no doubt sauced to the gills and it still took most of an hour to pin her down.  She escaped before the Azorius got their claws on her?  Can't blame her for that; there's justice, and then there's Azorius procedure.  Proof that you can have too much of a good thing," And then she sighs heavily, "But I cannot rely on you.  Ugh, that sounds bad.  Even so, I cannot allow myself to burden another.  I have to stand above.  Like Guildmaster Pira'kor.  She was always a paragon of virtue and inspiration; she always said that she had to be, so she wouldn't let down the... memory of Agrus Kos... who helped her overcome the mistakes... that led... to her dishonor..."  Lexiel goes utterly, inhumanly still for just long enough to draw attention to it.  She isn't even breathing.  "Parun Razia got eaten by shapeshifting worms and nearly crashed the Parahelion.  Aurelia is a bitch.  Iona failed to keep the other Zendikari angels from being blinded by Kozilek.  Avacyn was locked away in her own vault for centuries.  How did I miss this?  Angels make mistakes all the time; the good ones just don't make the same ones often.  Well, that's one mistake I'll have to keep from making again.  Urza's bones, how did I miss that?"

Edited by DragonRage

"Hmm. I see." Marisa hadn't seemed quite like that, but he would not be a good judge, as he had only talked with for an hour. "When we return, you should go see her, and at least get on speaking terms, since she mentioned being willing to help out from time to time. She sounds powerful, and if her only crime was being drunk in the wrong place at the wrong time, she does seem prudent to have as an ally. I don't expect friendship, but without meeting in a peaceful situation, things could go south when you two inevitably meet." It was a little troubling, that the two people whom he had felt the strongest about in his short travels thus far were planeswalkers, and had met each other. It would be interesting to see what happened if he ever visited Ravnica or some other plane likely to house more planeswalkers.

Edmond took a moment to send what seemed like it might be a prudent text to Izumi: "No more greater good speeches for Lexiel. That was part of problem. Done my best for now, she should be alright." He also checked the unknown message that had arrived while he was talking. "Ha." "Sure"

"Lexiel, take your time, but remember, there will be people willing to help." That part had seemed, well, not lost, nut not able to be processed? Edmond decided not to push it. A first hand experience of someone taking up the torch when she could not would help his message sink in. "I'm glad though. You seem much better, and we will need that. You seem to be in less pain, which is good. I'm glad you're back." Edmond smiled beneath his helmet, satisfied with how things had gone.

Begin to watch the video sent in the text.

Edited by Strider