Underrated moves in reborn

RebornRejuvinator

im playing through pokemon reborn and decide to teach my ivysaur nature power because its probably more powerful with the field effects

post-55289-0-74596800-1479679273_thumb.png

post-55289-0-29630600-1479679285_thumb.png

post-55289-0-33167300-1479679310_thumb.png

plus the piled on effect makes it dangerous, not to mention pretty much any field will boost nature power

are there any other moves that in the main games are lackluster but are pretty useful in reborn?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A move that I've always found useful in Reborn is Leech Seed. Learnt early on by Snivy, Bulbasaur, maybe other Grass starters, and it can be kept quite long to wear down strong foes that would otherwise be troublesome. It's not exactly an underrated or lackluster move, but in canon games it doesn't find much use simply because there are not many opponents that require you to adopt strategies other than brute force.

Another move that can be useful at times is Perish Song. I didn't use it in Reborn, but it saved me many times while playing Rejuvenation.

Good lord, that demon garboder was a pain. It killed everything in one hit. I only beat it because prankster meowstic with light screen and altaria perish song. I agree one-hundred percent with this statement.

Discharge and Heat Wave are already good moves, but opting to go without either of them can be painful, since they hit much harder on a lot of fields, and allow you to (somwhat) control where you are fighting. Of course, those aren't underrated outside of Reborn, so...

Magic Coat definitely gets props, especially since Luna walks into it every time. Not as useful as its ability form, but certainly good enough to hold in a fourth slot.

For me, Parting Shot is pretty useful. While playing through Reborn a while ago, I accidentally deleted a move on my Pangoro for Parting Shot but I was glad I did because it came in handy for me against the Ditto-Arceus. With its Attack and SpAttack lowered just a little my bulkier pokemon were able to take hits and finish him.

icy wind + misty terrain = 55 x 1.5 = 82.5

magical leaf + misty terrain = 60 x 1.5 = 90 (never miss energy ball!!)

icy wind + techinician + misty terrain = 55 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 123.75

magical leaf + technician + misty terrain = 135

ah, and misty terrain also prevent burn, sleep, and paralyze

Edited by esu

The one move I've gotten a huge appreciation for in this game is Mirror Coat. Well timed, it just destroys special attackers, as well as being my go-to answer against Dittoceus. It helps that my favorite mon can learn it. Heck, said mon can even OHKO Mewtwo with it, without the need of a Sash.

Good lord, that demon garboder was a pain. It killed everything in one hit. I only beat it because prankster meowstic with light screen and altaria perish song. I agree one-hundred percent with this statement.

Actually, i never used Perish Song against Super Bosses/Pulse Pokémon. Only on Gym-Leaders.

Mist. It shuts down Shade pretty hard as it weakens his hard hitting shadow balls and stops his pokemon from getting field bonuses off their attacks. Bonus points if you chose Delphox as mystical fire gets buffed off it. In fact, mist is a huge reason why I kept Pelipper far longer than i would have otherwise on my flying monorun.

Any field-changing move is a godsend in Reborn.

icy wind + misty terrain = 55 x 1.5 = 82.5

magical leaf + misty terrain = 60 x 1.5 = 90 (never miss energy ball!!)

icy wind + techinician + misty terrain = 55 x 1.5 x 1.5 = 123.75

magical leaf + technician + misty terrain = 135

ah, and misty terrain also prevent burn, sleep, and paralyze

^ This... I did know Icy Wind could be so handy until I play reborn.

Rollout helped me out a lot I don't know if this is the case but, when I used it seemed to get more powerful if used consecutively.

Yeah Rollout doubles in power with each consecutive use up to 5 times, much like Fury Cutter (which is another underrated move btw).

Screech saved my life in battles against more defensive foes, particularly Pulse! Tangrowth. I list this one as an underrated move because it seems like most people prefer to buff their own Pokémon instead of lowering the opponent's defenses.

Also I think most of you already know this, but Struggle F*cking Bug.

I gotta admit. Smack Down was a move I never used until this playthrough of Reborn, and it has so many uses. I preferred it over Stone Edge because of accuracy and secondary bonus's. It works as a brilliant substitute.