If you had to play Reborn with only 1 type what would it be?

PedroHenrique

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I'm doing a Normal/Flying dual run - I only use bird pokémon with this type combo. I haven't played in a while because I didn't feel like it, but so far I've made it til Spinel Town and am about to face Serra next.

Considering Flying is my favourite type and I'm a huge bird nerd, I'd say this current run is the one that best represents me.

But my first mono was Psychic, followed by Steel. I also have Ice and Dark runs planned. All of those are character-themed runs, though; Dark, Psychic and Ice for each personality of ZEL, and Steel as my Reborn OC, Astra.

I did a limited rock run(fossil pokemon only) and oh boy was it fun and challenging but I finished up to the current episode. I might ask a friend for one of the types and make a run based on that. Wouldn't mind doing ice or ghost though. Funny enough my favorite types are fire, psychic and water but I don't even consider doing those runs. XD

I wouldn't. Having a diverse team with a good type coverage is vital for surviving on Reborn. I already suffered enough with a diverse team, thank you.

That said, if I absolutely had to, I would probably go with Water. It is my favorite type and is diverse enough to create a balanced team, both in terms of typing and stats.

My second option would be probably flying. Again, lots of dual types and I really like birds.

Going with favorite types, it would be either Steel, Dragon or Poison. Maybe even Grass but things would be tougher.

Now if I were to choose which one is going to give me the easiest time, I would consider Water as well. Hard for early game, but after that the ride should be smooth enough.

Edited by Alistair

I've done runs with poison/electric(which was fun), ice/psychic(also fun) and ground/steel(not fun, didn't even finish this one). I also started normal but got bored with it really early on and never finished grass due to my laptop dying, though it was fun if challenging(let me tell you about flobot's ferroseed).. I did finish a flying monorun which was a blast and has plenty of good options.

to me the best types to monorun are the ones that make good use out of the field system. Electric, fire and Poison are all good at this to some degree. I really liked using poison since you get a wide variety of pokemon entire game and thematically they fit Reborn kind of well I think. It's also one of my favorite types.

So yeah, poison.

Well, I do have a Ghost monotype run, but it's not a type I'd pick if I wanted to thrive. Ghost-types are uncommon and have an unusual playstyle, plus the weakness to Dark-type was a bigger problem than I expected. Bite, Knockoff, and Sucker Punch come from the most unexpected of places... Still, the run forced me to get clever with my strategies, so if you wanted something different, a Ghost monotype can be interesting.

You can honestly make an argument for any type's ability to survive in Reborn, but if I had to pick, I might say Dark. They're a pretty diverse bunch with plenty of type coverage, and hard speedy hitters. If you can get around how squishy they tend to be, and their issue with Fighting-types (not a type you wanna be weak to in Reborn, especially post-Agate), then I think you can actually do pretty well for yourself.

Fire or steel. Unable to pick which.

Steel type best type

But my first mono was Psychic, followed by Steel. I also have Ice and Dark runs planned. All of those are character-themed runs, though; Dark, Psychic and Ice for each personality of ZEL, and Steel as my Reborn OC, Astra.

Going with favorite types, it would be either Steel, Dragon or Poison.

Now if I were to choose which one is going to give me the easiest time, I would consider Water as well. Hard for early game, but after that the ride should be smooth enough.

MY BRETHREN

STEEL MASTER RACE

UPHOLD THE HONOUR OF THE NOBLE STEEL TYPE

PRAISE MAGNEZONE