[IC] TotMV:G2: The Battered Hero

Chevaleresse

Solomon has realized something, he had accidentally insinuated that a very la- physically imposing woman, was fat; this wouldn't be that much of a problem if he hadn't just seen her smash a bunch of rocks into nonexistence with what appears to be a rocket strapped onto a stick, or if she hadn't implied that she had a thousand ways to kill him with her bare hands earlier, and so he hurriedly replied with "Wait that garage bit was a joke, and women don't usually go around carrying multiple rockets where I come from, I was just wondering why you would mention something like that so casually, where I come from most of the weaponry that you have would be mounted on a-".

Solomon stopped before he mentioned the word Semi-truck.

"A what?  A tank?  A destroyer?  A fortress?  Oh, look out, wide load coming through!"  A whir begins to rise underneath Alexandria's words, along with the surrounding temperatures, as her systems dump waste heat into the surroundings.  "'Oh, that floor must've been defective, great and merciful Primus.  Otherwise, there's no way it could have collapsed under you.  It was rated for ten tons!'"  By now it's clear she's not really talking to Solomon so much as railing against the unfairness of the universe.  "But they knew.  They knew.  And set it up just for me!  Slagging, void-sucking boot-lickers should just say what they think!"  She then turns, and hammers a boulder into the air with a scream of frustration.  The rock does not come back down.

The, um, ministrations of the group quickly reveal a door, looking to be composed of aged wood. Sif notes that the composition of the rock differs significantly from the terrain they'd approached previously; indeed, it was actually colored differently on closer inspection, lacking the blue tinge the rock of Hollow Bastion typically held. It was inside the cliff, as if it lead further into the formation. A cave with a door? At the very least, it was worth investigating.

The Hellfire Knight remained in their armored form, shooting a glance that still managed to convey discomfort at Alexandria through the dark visor of the helmet, shuffling awkwardly despite the bulk of the mech's frame. "Maybe we should just keep going."

"Huh.  Been a while since that happened," Alexandria mutters, gazing at the door with a raised eyebrow, "That is probably very heavily enchanted."  She hits it again, just for the novel sensation of something that doesn't break when she touches it carelessly.

The door opens into a decently sized hallway - enough for Alexandria's statuesque proportions to fit into quite comfortably at least - that leads a short distance into a larger one, looking like an entrance hall from this angle. The place is dimly lit, but enough to see; it looks like torchlight, though they're not giving off nearly as much smoke as one might expect. The place is free of Heartless for now, oddly enough. The walls, at least on the inside, look like they're composed of sturdy stone bricks. Judging by the echoing sound of Alexandria's second slam, this place is pretty large. Best get moving.

Solomon decided not to continue the conversation with Alexandria, at the very least he sort of knew her weight, and that she keeps her hammers in some sort of space when she wasn't using them, he went back to pick up Visrii before entering the hallway, but despite everything he followed her and said "Alright let me rephrase that, you have enough weapons to take out a very small country, and at some point you used to be able to fly, which is pretty awesome in my own opinion, but here is a question for you, why are you using that thruster as a hammer?".

Edmond quietly watched as the large android completed her demolition project. He was not terribly surprised when the door was revealed.

"Alexandria, you have some form of thermal or x-ray imaging, correct? Do you see anything in there? Since we are pursuing creatures of darkness, it might be prudent to check before entering..."

Though he hid it well, he too was slightly intimidated by the sheer magnitude of her power.

Edited by Strider

"Well this is convenient, looks like someone has been busy renovating the inside of this cave.." The angel looks around at the strange cavern they stumble upon after his teammates blasted its entrance, it feels someone has been here and built this passage for a reason, but why is it hidden?  was it to keep someone out or something in? Jesse can't help but to feel suspicious about this discovery. The angel press on with caution.

"I am scanning," Alexandria informs Edmund, "I shall notify you the moment I detect approaching hostiles."

"I currently only have one functional thruster.  The process that brought us here damaged and decalibrated many of my nonessential systems.  I am capable of self-repair, but progress is slow.  Only one is no use for movement.  However, it does make a far more damaging and intimidating hammerhead than a simple block of metal.  Additionally, some enemies are able to ignore physical hits, no matter how powerful.  They usually have less luck against this."

"Hm.  Something is off about these torches.  I recommend we stick together.  There is likely magic in this place.  Or technologies so advanced as to make little difference."

"Well it certainly is very threatening, you are an AI right? Not one of those creepy human mind transplanted to a machine right? Because I have heard rumour about something like that happening once".

Solomon gently places Visrii onto a floating book platform and pulls out his flashlight, "Magic you say? That should have been obvious the moment we found the door to this place, but she is right, it would be wiser to stick together".

Edited by Cronos5010

Jesse nodded in agreement. Ofcourse, they should stick together to explore the unknown, why shouldn't they? unless some loose cannon decided to separate from the group i think they will be just fine making out of this cave in one piece.  "I feel like we're trespassing someone's place" Jesse nonchalant said, pointing his rifle like a delusional man at things, worried as if someone is about to get them inside this cave.

"And for the record, don't touch anything.. god knows what is down here.." Jesse added to the others warnings.

Edited by Ragnar

"Seriously? is that even a question, you don't have to be that cautious book mage.. unless your battery is running dry, you can open your flashlight anytime. " Jesse answered Solomon.

Edited by Ragnar

"I think you should lay off those Stephen kings, doc" Jesse said and shrugs about Solomon's fretfulness. The angel scans the place as well along with the book mage, pointing his rifle up and down,from left to right in a swift fashion, checking if the area is secure. The sniper stays in formation, letting the tanky ones go in first.

Edited by Ragnar

"Would you believe that I actually don't know the answer to that question, Solomon?" Alexandria smiles ruefully as she steps forward, taking point to shield the meatbags from any incoming pointy things.  "When I first came online, someone certainly went to a lot of trouble to make me believe I was Senator Alexandria Constantinou of the planet Platesta, in hopes that their deception would last long enough for me to back their highly important bills.  However, I later learned that the original Alexandria had been dead of a heart attack for weeks, and I never did figure out what happened to the body.  The technology to transcribe a human's memories into a machine does not, to my knowledge, exist, but I do not claim to know everything.  And I was able to impersonate her for nearly a month without realizing that I was not human, or giving myself away, hidden by a layer of synthetic flesh.  Even her staff and close friends could not tell the difference.  So, the best answer I can provide is 'maybe.'"

Edmond rather bemused by Solomon's sudden and unexplained interest in his flashlight, steps into the entry hall, relying on Alexandria to warn him if there is danger, and relying upon the torchlight for all his other visual needs.