End of an Era

Amethyst

Is all the content from the old forum be transferred to the new one or is it going to be abandoned?

Since Ace is carrying over, I'm assuming all content will be... I don't think Ame is going to wipe out the old database anyways. There's too much history here.

• Administrators

There'll be a new URL? Is it not possible to transfer the old domain to the new site?

it would actually be easier to do so. but that's not our goal right now.

Is all the content from the old forum be transferred to the new one or is it going to be abandoned?

it's all coming with us. that is actually why i have to take the forum down-- i'll back up everything here from the moment it's taken down-- and that way nothing gets lost in translation in the meantime

"What Type Are You? 2.0" on the new website?

not right away-- but eventually! it is certainly in dire need of an update.

----------------------------------------------------------------

because i am preparing to do this soon, i have jacked-the-hecka-up all stock limits on the few items remaining in the site shop

please feel free to use whatever $R you have while you can

This is really a question to anyone because it's probably not worth asking Ame themself:

When the site's upgraded, is it going to be a blank slate, or is it going to transfer over all of the forums that we currently have going on? I'd assume that all the forums that we currently have would be carried over, but I just want to check in and see if I am right or not.

If all goes well it'll redirect entirely, so if you go to pokemonreborn.com/forum/, it'll take you to the newurl.com/forum/ and so on.

it's all coming with us. that is actually why i have to take the forum down-- i'll back up everything here from the moment it's taken down-- and that way nothing gets lost in translation in the meantime

Dear Ame,

Could EXP points obtained by defeating Bibs, I mean, battles in Showdown ?

There is no way we'd award EXP for battles alone. It would be possible EXP could be an award for official tournaments that we occasionally hold, but battles by themselves would just leave the system really open to manipulation.

Also, the points are more around for being a good community member rather than a skilled trainer. There will be plenty of opportunities to earn EXP on the server though, so even if you want to stay there mostly you'll have a chance to become voice.

Aw man, I liked the layout....but seriously it's in need of some serious updating. Looks like it's finally time. Long live the old Reborn site....Or is it just being...no I won't make the obvious joke, here's hoping to see all the changes go through smoothly, and best of luck to you regarding that Ame!

How will getting Ace Membership work on the new forums?

Considering I'm quite far off of getting 6k Reborn $ to gain it here, I don't really have anything to use it on.

I can donate you about 1300 rups if you want, I don't think I'm gonna use them (don't exactly know how it works though).

How will getting Ace Membership work on the new forums?

Considering I'm quite far off of getting 6k Reborn $ to gain it here, I don't really have anything to use it on.

The system is pretty much outlined in the first post. Is there a bit of it that you're confused about? If so I can try to go into more detail but you're gonna need to specify what is troubling you.

We will still be having the winter party. The server will remain up during the downtime so even if it were to overlap with the intended date of the party, it would still occur. Keep an eye out for an announcement on the Winter Party soon™.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Tristram said:

I don't even know how to edit my signature now.

If you click on your display name in the top right, some options will drop down.  One of them is account setting and you can change it from there.