WHEN IS THE NEXT UPDATE?!

Joolzrose

Due to my obligation I must post this...again

capture011.jpg

(And people thought I was kidding when I'd do it every time someone asked)

Bring your worst, we will wait to the ends of eternity if need be to get the next Episode of Reborn.

It is in beta testing, we're busy (well, the dev team is, we just do glorified walking into pitfalls) finding/fixing errors so you won't experience them. It's a bit difficult to give some idea of progress, since you only know about errors by causing them. Therefore, it is hard to get a decent idea of when it will be serviceable for public release.

mde? is the reason for e16 going into beta why the e16 discussion thread was closed? also with e16 already being 1 week into beta (my how time fly's) i would think that there would only be 1 or 2 more weeks left (if everything keeps running smothly)

mde? is the reason for e16 going into beta why the e16 discussion thread was closed? also with e16 already being 1 week into beta (my how time fly's) i would think that there would only be 1 or 2 more weeks left (if everything keeps running smothly)

Yeah, I would say so. Usually, beta lasts around two weeks iirc, but this is a very big episode, so it will probably take longer. Just be patient, let us crash into fatal errors first before you get your hands on it.

Go read Homestuck in the meantime maybe you'll develop some hiatus armor

It's like those years didn't even pass really

I recommend reading Berserk, the thing has been going on for 30 years, and the amount of hiatuses we've had has been astounding, we're talking about years with no releases, and when we get one, it's 20 pages, and then the author goes silent for another year or so... Reading Berserk is suffering. Though my hiatus armor is really strong by now, so I don't mind.

Yeah, I would say so. Usually, beta lasts around two weeks iirc, but this is a very big episode, so it will probably take longer. Just be patient, let us crash into fatal errors first before you get your hands on it

i know about patience my post was more about questioning why the status discussion thread was closed early

The status thread wasn't closed early. If anything, it was closed way later than it should have been. Last time for E15 it closed around this point. The reason why it's not 100% is because there is like probably 100 possible things needing to be done to pre E16 areas due to the whole reputation system and script updating. There are A LOT of little things and changes going into E16 we haven't seen in previous episodes which require going through EVERY line of dialogue for checks and such. That's why it wasn't 100% before getting locked.

As for why the thread was locked, there was no point in keeping open after seeing it circulate to more or less 1% hype. The developers aren't going to be blogging anything else for the release before it happens anyways so why keep it open? If you want to discuss or speculate for E16, a thread could be made for that anyways eliminating the issue of having it unlocked and removing the whole asking when E16 is gonna happen (or a large chunk of it).

As for the release, I'm probably going to say post S&M at the end of November. Will it be worth waiting that long? Yes, yes it will. Just be patient and when it's ready, it will come.

• Developers

Due to my obligation I must post this...again

capture011.jpg

(And people thought I was kidding when I'd do it every time someone asked)

Hey I love this image! Fern finally got what he deserves. It feels very satisfying. Who is the loser now?

I recommend reading Berserk, the thing has been going on for 30 years, and the amount of hiatuses we've had has been astounding, we're talking about years with no releases, and when we get one, it's 20 pages, and then the author goes silent for another year or so... Reading Berserk is suffering. Though my hiatus armor is really strong by now, so I don't mind.

Do you think Berserk will actually be finished some day? I really want to start reading it when that happens.

at lest berserk has shown some progress by now!

hiatus x hiatus (hunter x hunter) should be one of the top considerations by now for your hiatus armor training.

@baldr human beings live on average like 70-80 years. i suggest u start reading berserk by now, if you want to at least read part of it while you re on this plane of existence. Miura could be a transcendant immortal for all we know.

Edited by DemICE

• Developers

@baldr human beings live on average like 70-80 years. i suggest u start reading berserk by now, if you want to at least read part of it while you re on this plane of existence. Miura could be a transcendant immortal for all we know.

Well I don't mind reading it while being on another plane of existence. :-D

Found a Berserk release chart. It seems it's only getting like 5 chapters per year and right now is on hiatus again. I think I'll give it a few more years at least. Like until the last Game of Thrones book is out - I'm postponing reading those too.

• Global Mods

Anyway, the beta has been going on for two weeks. Would one of the ace members please give us a little insight in the current status?

Aces don't know how much longer it'll be until community release any more than non-aces do. It's been said by Ame that it's impossible to measure how far along alpha and beta testing are because there's no telling how many bugs players will run into. This was given as the reason for not having progress bars for testing when someone asked in the status discussion thread if those would be added.

(although if there was a way to measure progress, I think we wouldn't be allowed to tell you, since any beta-related discussion isn't supposed to leave the ace forum)

It's in beta testing right now; Ame and the ace's are doing their best to make a bug free game; the new update requires a lot of art assets because apparently we're going to a reborn um... Reborn; if all goes well it should be done by the end of the month; which of course means that we'll be able to play EP 16 at 2018.

Anyway, the beta has been going on for two weeks. Would one of the ace members please give us a little insight in the current status?

I suppose I'm allowed to say this: Allowing more time for beta testers means less time you have to be fraustrated about an error, sending your file into the troubleshooter, reporting problems, and fully enjoying the game. And beta testing periods are not going to becoming any shorter with each episode that follows so it's just best to learn patience now.

This episode is very different compared to others as it requires testing throughout the entire game, not just a small section of it. Believe me that I'd love to go through the game and search every nook and cranny for errors to speed up the process, but I'm pretty busy. But to give you an answer that'll help: don't be surprised if it takes longer than three weeks. But I have a theory in which Ame always releases an episode at the worst possible time for me. So looking at my school life: there's a test I have due on Wednesday so...she'll upload it on the Tuesday after Black Friday. I'm calling it now.