Would you like to play a Pokemon Game that....

Fulano

• Global Mods

no because sometimes you want the extra team slot, like when hatching a bunch of eggs, or if you wanted to lose a fight with some weak pokemon but your starter was way above and would just destroy. mostly just seems like an unnecessary inconvenience

Why punish people who don't do what the majority does? In Pokemon in general people always keep their first Pokemon on hand so making all that coding unless said Pokemon influenced the story heavily seems not worth the effort. I mean even for Hardcore's Party system I pretty much kept the aces of all the characters since well...they are some their better options. Forcing something without good reason generally shows incompetence in the creator's ability.

I do think we'd need a bit more context than this as to why someone would be interested in a game including this. Features are nice and they help smooth the gameplay or improve it a little bit, but features are just a small piece of what people look for in games.

I usually ditch my starter early on, since I get often bored of using them. (Except for the Torchic line, obvious reasons, everyone!) So, no, I probably would not like it. I like to have the freedom to build whatever team I want, no matter how terrible it really is.

If it is for story reasons then I don't really mind it. 5 mons are more than enough.

I usually ditch my starter early on, since I get often bored of using them. (Except for the Torchic line, obvious reasons, everyone!)

If anything Torchic line is the most boring of the starters. Clearly he is powerful with his speed boost but in the end I get bored of him (and the fights he is in) really fast...

me and my friends are making a unreal/unity pokemon game since 2009 and we are making a new story line for the Orre region games set 5 years after XD gales of darkness with a new story, fakemon, gyms,villians and cities and towns. If you guys want to continue listening to what I have to say about the game type away what you think i'm not gonna force you.

You could make a new thread in on this section of forum and we (at least me) will listen (although most of time, I'm a silent reader, sigh) what games are you working on. I'll be delighted to see that because the reason I like from fan-game is the development behind it~

Unless there's a big narrative reason why it's necessary I really don't think it's a good idea. A large part of pokemon has always been about giving players the freedom to choose which pokemon they want to use etc. - the people who wanted to use their starter pokemon regardless don't care about this feature because it doesn't change anything for them, and the people who didn't want to keep using their starter pokemon will be annoyed because they're being forced to use a pokemon they just don't want to.