Pokemon Reborn Hardcore [Mod][Discontinued]

Commander

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Pozyher said:

@Commander I did pick aqua and i assumed i had to find them their jobs first,but still cant find the second person.Is it possible to skip this and look for the other two or should i leave this sidequest for now?

Spoiler

If you've found them all jobs then try checking back around the places that you got them employed.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you've found them all jobs then try checking back around the places that you got them employed.

Spoiler

Thank you very much.I didnt think to check on them again after finding them jobs.If i may ask one last question,is the final one within the reborn region or should i check all the regions?

So uhhh a quick update I want to notify everyone of before all hell breaks loose of people asking "What the hell happened to all the download links?" So I just got onto Mega for the first time and 8 days ago one of my game version (Version 1.81 ie the first version uploaded on Mega) was filed for takedown. Before everyone gets riled up we're getting attacked, I have not seen a lawsuit filed by Nintendo as of yet. I have not been sent a copyright claim for any other version nor has Mediafire sent me any notifications.

As a safety precaution, I will be removing all of the Hardcore Download links from Mega as well as the Mediafire links. I will then upload the Official release onto Mediafire to download. There's been no actions since then (oddly) so I won't do it immediately. Mega will no longer be my site host for downloads as well. Again, I don't want people to panic. We're not in any danger yet, but I'm taking steps in order to protect other fan-games on this site. I suggest other fan-game developers check their download links as well just in case. If I get any other copyright claims, I'll likely be notifying Ame first to discuss options. Hardcore is not in any danger. Anyways, here's the email:

Screenshot_20171001-153859.png.309456e366eab3e080b9a7957d9c1fa0.png

(Sorry but I had to dig it up on my phone to find it. Also the Submitter is not NoA)

As for when the Download links will be taken down, I will be removing them on October 5th from all sites. The official release will then be reuploaded after the Community release of E17 has been out for a couple days.

Not sure if those are bugs or they were intered but here goes.

I have been playing with item ban and randomizer on and:

1) El used 2(or 3) full heals on his arceus

2) In shelly's gym the gym trainer with the same sprite as jonathan(the first gym trainer as you enter the gym to your left) used a super potion

3) On route 1 i found a Groudon( i don't know if the randomizer can also randomize into legendaries)

Edited by Pozyher

Now that the files have been taken down, can we still access the fixes, particularly for HCHQ? I started a new game with the CoM beta download link that's still available but can't head to the Onyx Ward without using an earlier version due to HCHQ being glitched.

• Veterans
19 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

I found a bug in the community release. When I try to go back to the Main Hall, whenever I walk right into the main hub, my character gets stuck.

3tHQGG1.png

VX5DKX8.png

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Game.rxdata

Known bug, it's caused by the weather resetting in the opal ward each week. It waits for 500~ frames and then allows you to move forward again, just wait a bit.

@Filthy Casual Just patiently wait a minute while it loads stuff and it'll work.

As for the old map file fixes for the beta, no I'm not re-upload ing them. I actually should take that one down but getting one strike isn't the end of the world with mediafire. I made a statement and if you can't wait a month then figure out a way around it which is pretty easy. I hate to be a hard ass but I don't want my upload accounts locked.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody who has been around for a while probably saw this coming sooner or later but...I'm discontinuing Hardcore. This doesn't particularly have to do with what Ame is doing but more with me and Pokemon. It's kind of a thing that just has been going on since Gen VII is released. I just cannot get into Gen VII to the point I dread having to do anything regarding it. That isn't the reason why I'm discontinuing it, but it's more like I have a lot of things on my list I want to get done and I kind of want to reduce my workload. I am getting busier which is kind of why I'm doing COGA's and the Rejuv run to pass the time. This month has given me a lot of time to think.

So I don't think people understand that making a mod or game at this level is very stressful and at the point is not very healthy for me. Yes, I could technically manage time for it and even cut back and people would be fine just to be able to get the mode but...the motivation level is very low. And with Gen VII I've really, really lost interest in Pokemon again. I already announced there wasn't going to be an E17 version so this really shouldn't be that much of a surprise as looking in the future, I'd probably end up doing this due to lack of time. Yeah, it's possible if I got help I needed I'd continue working on it but all of that stress has taken a massive tool so I really don't want to go back and deal with it. Are people going to be pissed? Oh hell yes they are and I don't blame them. Me discontinuing this is no different than saying "I have failed you."

As for what will happen, I'll be uploading the E16 full version again obviously, but I also plan to make everything I have accomplished for E17 available, but that's only the framework for the altered path which was only about 80-90% complete unless someone wants to take my work and aim to complete it (probably better to PM/DM me). Seriously anyone is free to takeover the project completely if they wish since when you think about it, you've got 75% of the mod already completed. It's still a lot of work though. On the bright side, E17 is coming soon so that'll balance out the bad news...I think.

• Global Mods

Well, RIP Hardcore. Totally understand and just want to say thanks because I had a blast playing through the current E16 version. Now I will be left forever wondering what was going to happen with the HCHQ storyline...

While I never made it far (due to not wanting to play Reborn again so soon after I played through the first time), I still find this saddening, though completely understandable.  Enjoy your well earned retirement (?) from this mod and thank you for the work you put into it.

Maybe someone will come eventually and become the third person to carry the Hardcore torch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developers

@Commander That's somewhat surprising since you even had plans to make Hardcore Reju quite recently. I never played Hardcore past Shade or so because I wanted to wait for E17 because of Gen 7 and weather so it's disappointing for me. However while disappointing it's completely understandable. The mod is lot of work and even though I didn't have a chance to enjoy it all myself I certainly appriciate all the work you put into it. I most certailny don't feel like you have failed us. You fully deserve your rest. Please enjoy whatever other activities you're doing instead. :-)

That said would you be willing to let someone use just some parts of the current Hardcore mod? My personal interest in Hardcore is to have a more challenging game. That means better teams for opponents, no-items run, level limiter and maybe some other minor things. And possibly CoM. But features like Hardcore HQ, Party system and whatever else even though they are certainly enjoyable, I don't think they are completely necessary. This would take out some of the complexity from the mod, making it easier to maintain so it might be more likely for someone to do it. I'm even considering trying it myself but I'm not sure if it's a good idea since I have 0 experience with RPG maker. I'd certainly need a lot of help from someone more experienced.

• 4 weeks later...

I missed out on playing E16 hardcore because my friend never got time to do our race. I was looking forward to running Hardcore with Gen 7. You stated that you'd have the updates for E17. I hope you still plan to put them in so I can enjoy your work. May Gen 8 restore your interest in resuming this feat.

I might be a bit late, but all I can say is that that is a DAMN shame. I'm playing through hardcore and I've used so many different pokemon for so many specific things it's crazy. Hardcore tests you and really makes you use stuff other then mindless HO. The only fight I personally despise is Serra, but it's to be expected with a gym that focuses on hax. In any case, good luck on your future endeavors and what not. HC was fun and I hope you'll return to it. 

On 11/29/2017 at 12:51 AM, Dragon116 said:

May Gen 8 restore your interest in resuming this feat.

._. I really don't think adding another gen would make me have more interest into Pokemon. I will say it is interesting some things that they added in USUM like what they did to Lusamine's character. Seriously went a 180 there which really surprised me. Reborn will be done before Gen 8 as E10.5-E16 were Gen VI. That's 7 episodes and only 2 remain after that. Reborn likely won't move to Gen 8.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:56 PM, Sceptilespy said:

The only fight I personally despise is Serra, but it's to be expected with a gym that focuses on hax. In any case, good luck on your future endeavors and what not. HC was fun and I hope you'll return to it. 

Even normal players hated Serra's field based haxing. With Gen VII changes, her field got really changed around so she doesn't hit as hard but the haxing thing didn't disappear. I can't release the doc yet but I did fully update the field text if anyone ever wants to check a field there.

I know HC has been dead for a while, but it does make me smile that it still has gotten support instead of just flat out disappear from existence. I'm not even going to sugar coat that I figured this mod would disappear from existence and forgotten about by now as most really do. Also, I hope y'all enjoyed my little present.

18 hours ago, Commander said:

Reborn likely won't move to Gen 8.

I'm relatively sure it will. There's a really strong fanbase here so I think someone would implement Gen 8 especially now that we have the Mod Market.

18 hours ago, Commander said:

I know HC has been dead for a while, but it does make me smile that it still has gotten support instead of just flat out disappear from existence. I'm not even going to sugar coat that I figured this mod would disappear from existence and forgotten about by now as most really do. Also, I hope y'all enjoyed my little present.

You should be proud of your work because you did a good job. I would be sad if it did disappear. Also, I do enjoy that present. Doubles on an electric field in what looks like early game. Hmmmmm.