Pokemon Reborn Hardcore [Mod][Discontinued]

Commander

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'm currently playing CoM with item ban, but some trainers still use items in certain situations. Example: in the battle against El with the Ditto-Arceus he used a full restore (or a full heal, didn't see what exactly) to remove paralysis on Arceus, but didn't use anything on any other pokemon, even when in critical health. Another "trainer" that used a full restore, this time because of low health, was PULSE-Avalugg, which seems odd to me, as there is no real trainer that could use that on the Avalugg, plus the fact that I'm playing with item ban.

Are those intended behaviors to rise difficulty or just bugs?

• Developers
On 6/4/2017 at 9:26 AM, Commander said:

Most of the critical errors have been fixed already, but only one I can't fix is weather.

What's the deal with the weather? Is it just me or is it even more broken in HC than in Reborn E16? Do you expect it to get better in E17 HC or is it just broken forever?

Also can anyone explain the party system to me please? I'm supposed to get more people eventually right? Well for now I only got Fero, not sure where/when am I supposed to find others. Also I don't quite undestand how am I supposed to keep the party members near the level cap. Even in Hardcore I don't get enough EXP to keep training or more whole teams. Fero is already hopelessly underleveled (by around 20 levels) with no way for him to catch up. What was the point in adding this system and how am I supposed to use it?

2 hours ago, baldr said:

What's the deal with the weather? Is it just me or is it even more broken in HC than in Reborn E16? Do you expect it to get better in E17 HC or is it just broken forever?

Also can anyone explain the party system to me please? I'm supposed to get more people eventually right? Well for now I only got Fero, not sure where/when am I supposed to find others. Also I don't quite undestand how am I supposed to keep the party members near the level cap. Even in Hardcore I don't get enough EXP to keep training or more whole teams. Fero is already hopelessly underleveled (by around 20 levels) with no way for him to catch up. What was the point in adding this system and how am I supposed to use it?

Weather is an issue. I tried to revert to the old thing but some kind of script is either at war or I missed something when doing this whole thing. It's a massive headache to figure out and the only reason I haven't reverted it back is due to another massive headache. You see, the old weather system in essentials got removed so you can't set weather to specific areas very easily. It requires finding the code and adding it into the scripts which with 40 maps is a tad bit too much. And the old weather wasn't much better so...not much point in changing it as worst comes to worst, I can edit the metadata to have weather appear by chance instead of by day (ie entering and exiting could make it rain, shine, or bluster). There's just no good solution other than reverting back to E15 for the weather at this point. E17 it WILL be fixed as I know how to get around it for what I need to do.

As for the party system, it was basically a toy to play with for special runs similiar to mono runs. While the main game is more or less supposed to be with the player, I'm planning on adding stuff that is exclusive to the party members over time. I can't promise much will be available for E17 due to the Gen VII shift, but I had a few things I could do with it. Priorities are Gen VII, CoM and Altered Path, then HCHQ updates. These should hopefully make leveling them up a bit more at your leisure while the main game you only focus on the protag.

But Fero himself is the weakest (really strong if you spend time training him) of the group and mostly serves as a mobile HM slave character. Don't worry about training him up tbh. But I will say that picking Fero up does alter one story moment in the game and how it plays out. Don't worry though as you won't need to use anyone but the protag going into it. That's an example of events I want to add into the game for these party members. And trust me, you'll know when you see it.

8 hours ago, Norin said:

Hi

I'm currently playing CoM with item ban, but some trainers still use items in certain situations. Example: in the battle against El with the Ditto-Arceus he used a full restore (or a full heal, didn't see what exactly) to remove paralysis on Arceus, but didn't use anything on any other pokemon, even when in critical health. Another "trainer" that used a full restore, this time because of low health, was PULSE-Avalugg, which seems odd to me, as there is no real trainer that could use that on the Avalugg, plus the fact that I'm playing with item ban.

Are those intended behaviors to rise difficulty or just bugs?

Yeah...the El thing isn't as big as it was, but I intentionally did those in a way that due to being solo mons which are basically cheese to win mons as getting a toxic or status on them is an auto win. For El, I may drop the full heal, but the Pulses are going to keep their items. If I had the time, I probably would make it a situation to make it so that the pulse machines are able to heal and regenerate health (or at least make it seem like that), but alas, Full Restores are the answer. But yeah, those aren't bugs and they aren't changing.

I'm actually considering changing how the pulses function to make them even more difficult than with the full restores. Pulse mons are going to be a lot scarier if I'm still able to do a certain something to them.

8 hours ago, Commander said:

Yeah...the El thing isn't as big as it was, but I intentionally did those in a way that due to being solo mons which are basically cheese to win mons as getting a toxic or status on them is an auto win. For El, I may drop the full heal, but the Pulses are going to keep their items. If I had the time, I probably would make it a situation to make it so that the pulse machines are able to heal and regenerate health (or at least make it seem like that), but alas, Full Restores are the answer. But yeah, those aren't bugs and they aren't changing.

I'm actually considering changing how the pulses function to make them even more difficult than with the full restores. Pulse mons are going to be a lot scarier if I'm still able to do a certain something to them.

It was nothing big, it just surprised me when a pokemon used a full restore on itself.

This time I have a real issue: I can't fight Gai in the Mansion, it keeps giving me a missing trainer error, even after patching.

On 6/7/2017 at 5:24 AM, Norin said:

It was nothing big, it just surprised me when a pokemon used a full restore on itself.

This time I have a real issue: I can't fight Gai in the Mansion, it keeps giving me a missing trainer error, even after patching.

A week late, but I fixed it in this version as I noticed a slight mistake there. Hopefully it works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, I'm sorry about the delay and honestly, I really don't have an excuse for taking this long, but part of it has to do with burnout, part of it has to do with waiting and seeing how E17 was progressing, and part of it had to do with real life stuff. Anyways, I will keep my word about the PBS which can be found here. (I'm not going to be posting this in the OP but feel free to share it among yourself).

So here's the link to the official release dl link (will appear in the OP). I'm only doing one unless upon request as the beta is playable, but I don't really see that many people playing inbetween now and E17. If it gets asked or requested, I'll upload it to Mediafire, but for now I'm only doing Mega.

Link

And Here's the Changelog

-Evergreen not appearing when the police officer is there has been fixed

-Alt-alt Terra no longer turns the world into Darude-Sandstorm

-A few various fixes for the Maison fights

-A glitch caused by the HCHQ sidequest has been fixed

-A few typos have been corrected (not all though)

-Fixed the crystal field data being unobtainable

-Healing tiles have been added to all the fights in the CoM

-Fixed the invisible talking Gym Guy Glitch in HCHQ

-Buffed the two trainer with the "Magikarp" quite a bit

-Alolan Muk has been deleted from existence

I know it's not much, but this release is mostly to make sure it's a bit more stable than it initially was. E18 is likely going to be where I start correcting typos and redoing stuff again as E17 is the final bulk of adding stuff (though I may save something special for E18). Sorry for kind of a disappointing release, but uhh...you can probably take a good guess as to why. If not, you may want to pop over to the Rejuv forums.

• Global Mods

Neat to see it's a full release now, even if that doesn't change much =). I'm sure I'll get back to hardcore soon, I just sorta stagnated after beating luna but before going to agate because I feel like I want to try and finish up a bunch of optional stuff and exploring first, but that includes clearing adventurine woods for the sticker, which has been kinda putting me off. Also got up to 3 party members, not sure if there's any more before that point.

On 6/14/2017 at 2:25 AM, DreamblitzX said:

Neat to see it's a full release now, even if that doesn't change much =). I'm sure I'll get back to hardcore soon, I just sorta stagnated after beating luna but before going to agate because I feel like I want to try and finish up a bunch of optional stuff and exploring first, but that includes clearing adventurine woods for the sticker, which has been kinda putting me off. Also got up to 3 party members, not sure if there's any more before that point.

If you count Fero, you should have a total of 5 party members plus the player. E17 I'm going to add some fixes and stuff to it, but that's kind of a secondary thing to work on.

Anyways I decided to take a break from schoolwork to work on compiling a huge freaking tileset for this project as I had a hard time figuring out how I want it to look. While this isn't the final product it at least lets me get into a bit more how the altered path works:

1qsmcB.jpg

How this thing works is the three "doors" on the bottom represent leaders. This is also used to represent a tier system like the Reborn Season 3 league did which had 6 tiers each ranking the leaders based on their overall difficulty. In order to progress through the altered path, you have to defeat all the leaders, but you can freely fight them in any order with the only restriction being two above the lowest ranked leader you haven't defeated (I'll include a list in the readme in case you can't figure out the rankings). However you may notice there is one door above these three leaders. This is what a call a "rival challenge." Once you defeat two leaders of a quadrant, you are able to challenge whoever is behind these doors. When you defeat your rival, the next quadrant opens up and you can challenge leaders in that area.

Once you defeat the champion block (or all of the currently released leaders), the challenge is still not over. As all of those who have completed the CoM challenge know, there is a group of four trainers who I coined the Hellish 4 and a champion sitting at the very top. The Altered Path will also consist of an E4 and a champion. I will confirm though that none of the members of the Hellish 4 will be fought in the Altered Path. And I mean none of them. As for extra challenges, I know the bag and party members are going to be disabled, but I'm considering locking the party in the same place except I may give a point or two where you can swap stuff around. I'll decide that over time. I think that's it for me.

• Global Mods

Because the thread itself will be quickly buried, and I know some of the hardcore league participants will be following this thread, I'll post a link to the guide on the party members here. if you guys have any info to add to it that would be very helpful.

So it's almost been about a week since I gave that announcement about the Altered Path getting worked on. I'm still on the mapping stages, but while I'm not going for super impressive (literally it was originally more or less going to be one giant map with doorways and sings to label the leaders) I think this is at least a bit more appealing. Once this is released, I kind of want to know which style you prefer as I'll do that for XCoM. That's still a long ways away.

In terms of mapping though, I'm actually almost done. All that's left is the H4 rooms which two were done initially and one is a copy and paste map which means that there is only one more map for me to do \o/ though I have no idea what to do for it. After that comes eventing 200 or so events and then battle testing. Fun times. But if I do get this finished and tested, you bet your butt I'm releasing it before E17 since well...I have to redo a lot of stuff, but thankfully the bulk of it will just be fights. Anyways I already have two but if you used a team in either Reborn or Hardcore and made it into the end, could you send it to me with info such as moves, nicknames, items and abilities? I've got 3/4 trainers left with blank teams and this would kind of be a cool way to give some players a little bit of appreciation for playing the mod. While it is a first come, first serve, I do take some factors in so feel free to PM me even if you know more than 3 people submitted something. No rules regarding this one other than to having to have your original starter.

Anyways, I guess I can talk about HC E17 and beyond plans in a little bit more detail. While I don't plan on adding much to E17, there is still stuff that's going to be added or continues such as:

-A new Lucky Egg sidequest to replace the current method to obtain it (based on a certain quest in LoH series)

-A continuation of the Mega Ring Quest

-A continuation of the Z-ring Quest (Yes, you can start these quests in E16)

-A new sandbox battle mode for Party Members

-An Added Hint Guy for Party Members and their Hidden Mons

-2 new fights added for E17 areas

-Improve and fix how party members are recruited (ie any mons you normally would miss would be obtained still bar a few)

While I can't promise this will happen in E17, I do have a little something planned exclusively for party members I'm probably going to call Party Missions (creative name, I know). This little project of mine is going to take a while, but when it's done I think it'll really help redeem the lackluster content the current party system has. I haven't decided the rewards yet, but completing each mission will net you something.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, remy96 said:

Where exactly is the TM shop? I've been looking for it and I can't seem to find it. 

It's an NPC in the grand hall.

@Alphagar All battles are tougher: NPCs using evolved forms of their mons, they're high leveled, and a buncha stuff. Also, there's the "Altered Path" battles for leaders, which they pull out a different strategy than their usual battle on standard Reborn.

15 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

It's an NPC in the grand hall.

Which one? I've talked to them all. Except for the guy in the right corner, but he is blocked by an npc.

Is the npc who sells TMs in the top right corner of the registration counter? Because if so, a trainer npc is blocking it and I can't make use of it...

Edited by remy96

5 hours ago, remy96 said:

Which one? I've talked to them all. Except for the guy in the right corner, but he is blocked by an npc.

Is the npc who sells TMs in the top right corner of the registration counter? Because if so, a trainer npc is blocking it and I can't make use of it...

Thinking back on E15, I think I moved the guy from that position but forgot to in this release. Just as an FYI there really isn't that much you're missing out on so if you miss it it's not that big of a deal.

Anyways there's not much of an update, but because of a certain discord discussion, a certain someone said they would make a certain backsprite of a certain character, but since a certain someone is really picky he decided to end up making his own backsprite of a certain someone which ended up with that certain someone making this:

5950608189667_Lunaback5.png.8c79358ec571de3d571ba21841262067.png

Now before you get your hopes up, no she is not going to be a party member just because I have a sprite. Will I find a use for it? Probably, but yeah, if anyone randomly wants to use this in their runs or something feel free. Anyways, tune in next time as commander finds more ways to torture himself.

13 hours ago, Commander said:

Thinking back on E15, I think I moved the guy from that position but forgot to in this release. Just as an FYI there really isn't that much you're missing out on so if you miss it it's not that big of a deal.

Anyways there's not much of an update, but because of a certain discord discussion, a certain someone said they would make a certain backsprite of a certain character, but since a certain someone is really picky he decided to end up making his own backsprite of a certain someone which ended up with that certain someone making this:

Reveal hidden contents

5950608189667_Lunaback5.png.8c79358ec571de3d571ba21841262067.png

Now before you get your hopes up, no she is not going to be a party member just because I have a sprite. Will I find a use for it? Probably, but yeah, if anyone randomly wants to use this in their runs or something feel free. Anyways, tune in next time as commander finds more ways to torture himself.

Eh, shadow ball was pretty useful against Shade. xD Um, when do we begin to the mega ring quest?

Hey I hate to be a bother but I need to ask something. The no-item run only applies to non-holding items right? I'm just asking because the gym leaders are able to use life orbs and other items while I can't use hold items like power herbs or focus band.

• Global Mods
2 minutes ago, remy96 said:

Hey I hate to be a bother but I need to ask something. The no-item run only applies to non-holding items right? I'm just asking because the gym leaders are able to use life orbs and other items while I can't use hold items like power herbs or focus band.

Yes, the no-items run only applies to items that you go into your bag and use mid-battle. hold items are fine, as are consumables between battles.

3 hours ago, remy96 said:

Oh, then I think something is wrong with my game then because I can't use hold items or consumables. 

...Inside of battle you can't select your bag, but that's about it. If you can't access your bag from the menu screen, I'd try to redownload the mod as I've tested it numerous times and never heard of this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small update that I've made it up until Adrienn in terms of eventing which is actually a pretty good chunk. Once I finish eventing all of the leaders of the Altered Path, I'm going to begin testing those and making sure they work properly as well as some fight adjustments. It's slow, but we're getting somewhere.

44 minutes ago, Commander said:

...Inside of battle you can't select your bag, but that's about it. If you can't access your bag from the menu screen, I'd try to redownload the mod as I've tested it numerous times and never heard of this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a small update that I've made it up until Adrienn in terms of eventing which is actually a pretty good chunk. Once I finish eventing all of the leaders of the Altered Path, I'm going to begin testing those and making sure they work properly as well as some fight adjustments. It's slow, but we're getting somewhere.

I can select the items from the bag outside of battles and in wild encounters, but I meant that once I equip the item to the pokemon it doesn't work. Like when I use a power herb when it is equipped, it doesn't activate or when a pokemon has a focus band equipped then the pokemon will still be one shot without activating. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess I should try and re-download it again huh?

Re-downloading doesn't help.

Edited by remy96

1 hour ago, remy96 said:

I can select the items from the bag outside of battles and in wild encounters, but I meant that once I equip the item to the pokemon it doesn't work. Like when I use a power herb when it is equipped, it doesn't activate or when a pokemon has a focus band equipped then the pokemon will still be one shot without activating. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess I should try and re-download it again huh?

Re-downloading doesn't help.

Focus SASH works 100% of the time but is consumed. Focus BAND works 10% of the time but is not consumed. As for Power Herbs are for two turn moves like Sky Attack, Solarbeam, and Geomancy. There aren't too many moves that function that way. I don't think there is an error here, but a slight misunderstanding of how those items work. As for the focus band, it is like sturdy, but it could be even up to 20 times before it even activates so that shouldn't be too surprising. I definitely know Power Herbs work as I've had opponenets use them in a few scenarios.

Any chance of a select weather option until the weather system gets fixed? A lot of event mons aren't available without it. Right now my workaround is making hardcore and standard Reborn with the select weather mod save to the same folder and switching games to get the event mons. It's annoying but works.