Pokemon Reborn Hardcore [Mod][Discontinued]

Commander

19 hours ago, Yune said:

Any chance of a select weather option until the weather system gets fixed? A lot of event mons aren't available without it. Right now my workaround is making hardcore and standard Reborn with the select weather mod save to the same folder and switching games to get the event mons. It's annoying but works.

How should I put it: in order for what probably takes you 2-3 minutes would require me to not only reroute the weather system and recode it again (since HC has a hybrid system. I could revive the new system easily, but that was broken as well) to be compatible since taking someone's code is both immoral and just straight up won't work to meet both this an my needs. I'd also have to remove events, maps, and fights from the data that I've been spending a good couple weeks on, and I'd have to test to make sure everything works properly. Top that all off with an hour to two upload time while praying my internet doesn't disconnect. And all of this will be removed come a couple months all because I will no longer need it or want to use it.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Global Mods

Just a quick bug report, more for awareness than any need of fixing.

1) Interaction with the faulty healing machine in the wasteland hideout at some point creates two Lanas, one which reacts to the events with the machine, the other just keeps saying Aya has gone off with Hardy somewhere.

2) All party members use Vero/Fero's biking sprite when the bike is used. I assume this is because the bike sprites haven't been created yet and will be added later. the actual bug comes in when you switch party members while biking, it switches to their on-foot sprite instead of their biking one, so you then run around at the speed of a bike. this doesn't seem intended as when switching members while on a tauros, it correctly uses that members tauros riding sprite immediately.

I've currently been playing this mod and have almost  finished it. So are there any different side quests at the end of hard core than normal reborn.And is their anyway to get a lifeorb in the randomiser run

Edited by rayyan

can someone help me when im playing only non damaging moves work in misty terrain

Exception: NameError
PokeBattle_Move:1327:in `pbCalcDamage'
PokeBattle_Move:3300:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_MoveEffects:1080:in `pbEffect'
PokeBattle_Battler:3407:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3323:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battler:3323:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
PokeBattle_Battler:3940:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:3892:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:3943:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:4621:in `pbProcessTurn'

Edited by Axel553

@Axel553 I'm seeing Doomdummy which is kind of weird as A) only Jirachi learns Doom Desire (which is the move's external name, but no Pokemon should use it) and B. I'd need to know if anything revolving around Jirachi or debugger was involved. I've never seen that error happen before so redownloading the game may resolve it if you are not meddling with the move listed above.

@Yune This isn't like a Solaris thing where beating him may or may not be part of the perfect ending. Beating ??? then and there is going to affect a future scene, but it's not something even in E17, but something will change a bit before the finale stuff. (I don't know how Ame is going to be doing everything, but I have a pretty good idea and have a few plans).

@DreamblitzX I'm not going to worry about the bike then, but Tauros sprites are an entire separate entity so they are not associated with the original sprites like the bike sprite. My guess is that the scripts are set to revert the image back somewhere in the scripts, but I'd need actual bike sprites to really work on it and fix that wacky error. As for the Aya's hideout thing, I'm probably not going to bother fixing it since Reborn should have that error fixed (if not already) in E17.

As for actual progress since the last post, this image summarizes what I've done:

1c83e1c0388b35d43f2401543c9e214fb31892ce

Next week is my last week of classes for the summer so I'll be able to get back to work on Hardcore once that is over. I gotta get back to working on that homework otherwise I'd make a longer post.

1 hour ago, Commander said:

@Axel553 I'm seeing Doomdummy which is kind of weird as A) only Jirachi learns Doom Desire (which is the move's external name, but no Pokemon should use it) and B. I'd need to know if anything revolving around Jirachi or debugger was involved. I've never seen that error happen before so redownloading the game may resolve it if you are not meddling with the move listed above.

@Yune This isn't like a Solaris thing where beating him may or may not be part of the perfect ending. Beating ??? then and there is going to affect a future scene, but it's not something even in E17, but something will change a bit before the finale stuff. (I don't know how Ame is going to be doing everything, but I have a pretty good idea and have a few plans).

@DreamblitzX I'm not going to worry about the bike then, but Tauros sprites are an entire separate entity so they are not associated with the original sprites like the bike sprite. My guess is that the scripts are set to revert the image back somewhere in the scripts, but I'd need actual bike sprites to really work on it and fix that wacky error. As for the Aya's hideout thing, I'm probably not going to bother fixing it since Reborn should have that error fixed (if not already) in E17.

As for actual progress since the last post, this image summarizes what I've done:

Reveal hidden contents

1c83e1c0388b35d43f2401543c9e214fb31892ce

Next week is my last week of classes for the summer so I'll be able to get back to work on Hardcore once that is over. I gotta get back to working on that homework otherwise I'd make a longer post.

I haven't touched the move doom desire in anyway, shape, or form it just happened out of the blue but I'll re-download it anyway

I want to play the CoM version.But one of them say CoM E16 Official Release and another one says  CoM E16 Full Release Version (Beta).So I am a bit confused.Which is the latest version?

Edit: @Commander My kricketune didn't learn fury cutter at level 10.Kricketot evoleves at level 10.So shouldn't it learn fury cutter? 

Edited by Yagami

• 2 weeks later...

@Commander Whenever I try to enter opal ward from a different area,my player gets stuck.But if I change the date of my laptop to an older date,i can only then enter opal ward again.

I had this problem in reborn when I was playing reborn episode 15.After restarting from episode 16,I no longer had this problem.

Currently,I am playing reborn hardcore CoM version.Now this problem has again begun.

• Global Mods
1 hour ago, Yagami said:

@Commander Whenever I try to enter opal ward from a different area,my player gets stuck.But if I change the date of my laptop to an older date,i can only then enter opal ward again.

I had this problem in reborn when I was playing reborn episode 15.After restarting from episode 16,I no longer had this problem.

Currently,I am playing reborn hardcore CoM version.Now this problem has again begun.

It just freezes for a bit, should go back to normal after 5-10 seconds? I've had this too. I think it's because a bunch of time-based events are tied to the Opal ward I think? (including probably the abomination that is the weather)

Guys, I have a problem. I'm looking all through the Reborn City forum and I can't seem to find the Hardcore download link. Can someone please give me a download link?

Is what I'd say if such a mod existed

Also @Yagami Don't know why the PBS doesn't have Kricketune learning fury cutter (might be level 12 or something), but uhhh...the Opal ward "freeze" just take a while for it to load. That's how weather should be loaded and changed, but weather be more broke than Commander's wallet.

• Global Mods

Will things break if a Hardcore save is loaded in normal Reborn, and then loaded back into Hardcore after a save in normal? or will it just sort of 'store away' the Hardcore exclusive stuff til it can be utilized again?

Two bugs in the Chamber of Memories in the helix chamber:

1) Beating the Goomy guy sends you to a water tile in the Coral Ward on foot. You can't surf or do anything from there, you're softlocked.

2) When you pick a partner to face the guy on the left, it spawns a seemingly random party member, not the one you actually picked. For example picking Aya spawns Florinia and so on. Aya is spawned by more than one option and none of the options spawn Julia (who's the one I actually wanted). Amaria spawns herself but only has 2 pokemon. Picking Titania straight up crashes the game.

And in the Commander fight in the CoM:

1) Using Earthquake turn 1 as the last pokemon to move errors out and the move does nothing. Same thing happens occasionally when the Venusaur uses Sludge Bomb at any point during the fight.

On 8/7/2017 at 4:17 PM, Yune said:

Two bugs in the Chamber of Memories in the helix chamber:

1) Beating the Goomy guy sends you to a water tile in the Coral Ward on foot. You can't surf or do anything from there, you're softlocked.

2) When you pick a partner to face the guy on the left, it spawns a seemingly random party member, not the one you actually picked. For example picking Aya spawns Florinia and so on. Aya is spawned by more than one option and none of the options spawn Julia (who's the one I actually wanted). Amaria spawns herself but only has 2 pokemon. Picking Titania straight up crashes the game.

And in the Commander fight in the CoM:

1) Using Earthquake turn 1 as the last pokemon to move errors out and the move does nothing. Same thing happens occasionally when the Venusaur uses Sludge Bomb at any point during the fight.

For the first part: yeah...the helix room is a little screwy to the point I can't remember which version is the correct version. Just fight Genesis for the time being as that whole thing is getting moved around if not axed entirely. It's on my bottom to fix list.

As for the other error, glitch field is glitchy no pun intended. I've gotten errors online from it so it could be a me thing or it could be a reg reborn thing but the fix would be something I'd have to consult marcello for...which is a waste of both our times for the time being.

Things are going to be a little slow around here on hardcore, but I'll chip away at stuff little by little, but given Ame's picking up the pace I'm hesitant to make another release before the E17 release which will take me a long time ngl. But once in a while I'll work on stuff such as rewriting the dialogue to attempt to make it smoother since well I was more or less making placeholders to make a coherent storyline and events and get a layout. Over time (not a single episode) I'll do stuff like this:

Old:

Spoiler

capture016.jpg

capture017.jpg

capture018.jpg

New:

Spoiler

capture013.jpg

capture014.jpg

capture015.jpg

I'm not going to be making some absolute glorious dialogues that'll bring chills down the spine, but I can and should at least do a better job than I did. There's also some I have to change such as this NPC's dialogue here as the party system is going to change a tad bit. That's a nightmare of work waiting to happen, but it'll get done eventually. I mean I accomplished everything I wanted to in the game as CoM was the last thing on my list. The rest of it is all bonus. But I do want to say something because while it may feel like I'm not, I am listening to what you guys say and do consider making improvements or attempting to improve the mod within my own limits. Also this take a much higher priority over Rejuv so if you expect Rejuv Hardcore to be this level, Rejuv would just be fights and fights only.

which is a fancy way of saying someone else may want to get started on one instead of waiting a year or so for me on that.

• Global Mods

Looks like going through any of the doors in shades chamber of CoM takes you to a black void where you can't move (bump into walls on all sides) and I think the grand hall music plays.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 1:25 AM, DreamblitzX said:

Looks like going through any of the doors in shades chamber of CoM takes you to a black void where you can't move (bump into walls on all sides) and I think the grand hall music plays.

I'm guessing it warps you somewhere in the grand hall but...I don't think...that's weird and I'll fix that in E17. The door are just supposed to warp you around the room if you're wondering.

As for updates, E17 is at 80% and I do keep true to my word that I'll start working on Hardcore more when it hit that. I've just been pre-screening Altered Path for any errors and testing all the fights to get an idea what I need to do and what I need to change. I've gotten up to the Hellish 4 and occasionally I've been posting pics of the fights but usually nothing too special. I suppose I should tell (or maybe retell) the restriction with Altered Path. When you enter that area, you'll notice that your bag is missing from the menu screen. No, it's not gone, but you won't be able to switch up your moves or swap items around.

Now how in the heck is E17 going to work with releases? Due to the whole using multiple releases results and the fact that I did not get beta testers I critically needed, there's only going to be one release entirely. There's not going to be any split downloads or any of that after this as there will be one release and that will be the final release other than uploading one to fix bugs. This is going to add a few months as it will pretty much just be me working on it to simply find bugs and miscellaneous errors. Sorry if that upsets anyone but I just don't have the time anymore to deal with people who might do simple tasks to try and cut time, but ultimately just add time. I lost a total of at least 80 hours I could've spent working on the mod purely due to this. And that doesn't mean a certain number of times, but actual time I set out to work on this mod. Hopefully you guys understand, but if you are about to say you can help...please don't unless it involves graphics or coding. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Commander Since TM breeding is available I tried to breed a male stunfisk with thunderbolt and female misdreavus with nasty plot.But the egg only has nasty plot.Why won't thunderbolt pass on?

I checked misdreavus can learn TM thunderbolt.

Edit:Tried breeding stunfisk and ralts but thunderbolt isn't passed on.So the game doesn't recognize thunderbolt as a TM move.

Edited by Yagami

• 3 weeks later...

I could use some advice on the difficulty level to play Reborn at. I'm finding the hard mode of Pokemon Insurgence to be just the right level of difficulty for me, and I love the hard level cap (for a variety of reasons). The hard level cap on this mod attracts me. What would you all recommend as to the difficulty level I should play this game at -- what is the closest to the Insurgence Hard mode? Should I use this Hardcore mode? or just the regular Reborn difficulty?

1 minute ago, TheMetaphysician said:

I could use some advice on the difficulty level to play Reborn at. I'm finding the hard mode of Pokemon Insurgence to be just the right level of difficulty for me, and I love the hard level cap (for a variety of reasons). The hard level cap on this mod attracts me. What would you all recommend as to the difficulty level I should play this game at -- what is the closest to the Insurgence Hard mode? Should I use this Hardcore mode? or just the regular Reborn difficulty?

That's a very hard question to answer because we are comparing apples to oranges to pears. My advice is to pick one to start and if it feels to easy or too hard, you can move your save file from the Reborn/Reborn Hardcore save folder and continue the journey in the other game. Hardcore requires a lot more strategy, but both modes can be completed with quite a variety of Pokemon. You'll know by the first gym leader which mode you want to play.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for updates: things are going to go really, really slow until November. I'll describe it as taking 6 courses but feels like 8 due to a bloody online group project (that's a story for another day) in which nobody really wants to do anything unless I basically order them around. I don't have time to deal with that, but I have to which sucks. The altered path layout has been nearly done for a while minus the bonus room (which worse comes to worse I could either cut or swap a couple out as H4 units). I finished 50% of the Altered Path Champ room in E15 so I will probably take a day in October to wrap that all up.

I also decided I'm going to opt out of an E17 release for Hardcore. The level of content of the mod is a huge undertaking which I am far from being innovated with as I do have one big side project that I'd like to get done and implemented as well as clean up the current content a bit. That was the original plan and design for E17 which I will be continuing to finish first. Once that is completed, Gen VII implementation will come next. That's a year long project for a single individual to get done. That's part of the reason I'm doing the Rejuv run and COGA's to pass the time with content instead of having absolutely nothing for a year.

Is there a way to reduce the long wait time ahead? Absolutely. There's four things I could easily pass off to other people to work on and get done: CoM and Alt Path fight polishing, Dialogue editing, HCHQ rematch trainers, and Party member overworld sprites. If you are interested in helping, please PM or DM me. I'll go into what each of these are:

CoM and Alt Path polishing: Basically, you take the leader fights and polish them up a bit to either perform better or be a bit more difficult. They have to resemble their story counterparts in a sense so if you expect to throw a team together, even if it is super difficult, I may reject it for not feeling like a leader's battle style. There are some other criteria (mostly no legendaries though), but once you do enough of these you'd get the hang of it. I'm looking for 2-3 people here since that's a lot of battles to cover.

Dialogue Editing: Basically just look at my text and feel free to change them to either feel less stiff or just straight up only fix my typos and grammar error. There's only about 70 or so of these events which won't take very long to do. I'd really only need one person to check over this stuff and make changes. Getting two more than likely would lead to a big mess. I wouldn't really ask for this if the event count is probably going to double with my next little project.

HCHQ Trainers: Something I've been debating on doing is adding in rebattable trainers in the HCHQ (3 per episode segment) and possibly other areas during the Agate Point of no Return. It's very low on priorities and probably will never get done if someone else doesn't create them. This is stuff just made for more convenient grinding as Hardcore has a slightly different level curve and cap system than Reborn's. As long as they are willing to make the PBS data and the event data, I'm willing to take as many people here as you want....except past uhhh whatever 5 x 19 is. 95! 96 people would be way too many people (and would be hell crediting the Readme with).

Party Member Sprites: One thing about the overworld trainers is the lack of sprites for activities like surfing, biking, and technically running. I am terrible at art and still pretty bad at spriting, but if I can create them, I'm pretty sure someone else could too. This is on my post E19 content to get done and finish but if anyone is willing to work on them, that's less work for me. Only one I currently have done is Titania. I really don't have a limit on this either so if you want to give a whirl on trying to do overworld sprites, I'd be more than happy to accept the help.

Do I expect or need anybody to get this mod completed? No. I'm just saying that this update is going to take a year and this is stuff people can help me do while you're waiting. And remember, the more you help me, the higher the chances I actually do a Rejuv Hardcore. All of this stuff has to get done before I even begin touching that game. Just remember that while you're waiting bored for updates and releases of anything.

Spoiler

I dont know if it is okay to ask but here it goes.I'm having trouble finding the four people jonathan needs.I found the first one but the hint that commander gives me for the second one is not helping me much.I tried aqua and magma but no special interaction happened.Then i tried all the places that had gang memebers before,but im having no luck.Could someone please telle me where to look?

@Pozyher His location varies depending on the path you chose. I'm guessing you picked Aqua so it is possible you could not obtain it yet as you would need to find jobs for all the aqua members first. I avoided playing with that event as much as possible due to it being an issue.