Fire Emblem On The Forums: Ashes (IC)

Pyon Pyon Kyuu!~

45cda3930a024a82bd9ea9b0f558dc83.png

Surveying the field once more, Ecquis sees the priest fleeing towards the trees on one end, and the head of the enemy army on the other, engaging some of his allies. Looking towards the priest, he considers his actions.

"The poor priest must be scared out of his mind, unable to defend himself. I suppose I'll leave him be. I'll let the others decide his fate," he muses before Mira points his attention to Hoshiko. Having gotten a hard hit, she is both wounded and in a poor position. Chances are, the rest of the group could deal with Burt before he can retaliate. Of course, leaving things to chance has a tendency to backfire, something Ecquis knows too well.

"They may not need help, but it won't hurt them to receive it I suppose. Come now Mira," he yells before flying off to the side of Hoshiko.

"Hello there, care to have some assistance?"

Moves to G10 and rescues Hoshiko

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

"On the one hand, that dullard of a leader looks like he couldn't really take a hit from a spell..." Terrin murmurs as he looks down at his tome, but then sighs. "On the other, I can hardly take an axe to the face, either. I don't really want to risk engaging him unless I'm sure he won't retaliate."

He looks over at the surrounding area. He's already close enough that he could run over and attack if he wanted, but getting even closer to be able to jump in and back up his allies wouldn't hurt, not to mention with a healer and a dancer on their side, made sense to keep together to maximise possible benefit.

Move to I10.

klarenfin_by_ninjacyndaquil-dadvdof.png

Klaren stood back up, taking notice of the priest hidden in the trees. His tummy was aching 'cause of the arrow, but he couldn't stop a grin from washing over his face as he stuck out his tongue at him and waved before putting one finger in front of his lips and winking.

He then proceeded to jokingly truttle around the trees and his tippy-toes and turned to his comrades, particularly Hoshiko.

"Aww, she both got hit by that axe and is now being carried! Wish it could be me instead..."

Moving to F11 and holding

00ad9f38130d4701a43bc2ec888b4940.png

"Looks like we're about done here." Luka looked at his surroundings, revealed that only the leader and the Priest were left. They just needed to take out enemy leader and the mission would be complete.

Only a matter of time before their mission was complete. All Luka could do was make it go a bit faster. With that in mind, he dashed off towards his allies. "Hey, why don't you get this done a bit quicker?" Luka grabbed the Myrmidon's attention before giving her a dance.

Moves to H11 and dances for Rosalyva

Edited by InnocentBoy

Burt seems shocked. "T-the Misguided Children!? You lot?!" As if in a moment of realization he understands in how much danger he is in. He readies his axe, with a fierce determination to survive.

(Rosalyva has reversal)

(Rosalyva has dueling)

(Rosalyva has the advantage!)

Rosalyva:

Attack: 7

Hit: 100%

Crit: 17%

Burt:

Attack: 14

Hit: 37%

Crit: 0%

Rosalyva's attack: 99, hit!

Burt takes 7 damage!

Burt's counter attack: 90, miss!

The fight seems completely in Rosa's favor as she once against wounds Burt and easily dodges his counter attack. His movements are getting sluggish, and he is starting to bleed as much as he is sweating.

Cheat Sheet:

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon

Soldier 1 (0/22) (I16) Iron Lance (45/45)

Soldier 2 (0/22) (N13) Iron Lance (45/45)

Soldier 3 (0/22) (J17) Iron Lance (44/45)

Soldier 4 (0/22) (L17) Iron Lance (45/45)

Mercenary 1 (0/21) (O11) Iron Sword (44/45)

Mercenary 2 (0/21) (I15) Iron Sword (45/45)

Archer 1 (0/20) (G13) Iron Bow (45/45)

Archer 2 (0/20) (H15) Iron Bow (45/45)

Priest 1 (16/16) (E13) Heal (30/30)

Burt (7/27) (H8) Hand Axe (30/30)

Players: Health, Location, Weapon

Hoshiko (9/20) (Ecquis) Iron Bow (40/45) Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn

Ecquis (22/22) (G10) Iron Halberd (42/45) Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn

Terrin (21/21) (I10) Thunder (37/40) Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn

Luka (18/18) (H11) Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn

Klarenfilia (3/19) (F11) Lightning (34/40) Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn

Meredith (13/22) (I15) Iron Lance (41/45) Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn

Rosalyva (20/20) (H9) Iron Sword (38/45) Vulnerary (3/3) Took a turn

Adriaen (16/16) (H15) Heal (26/30) Vulnerary (3/3)

EXP tracker: 53/100

1 level gained already

[Player Phase Continues]

[Enemy Phase]

Maybe it's the survival instinct, maybe it's just a delusional thought that he can still survive but Burt tries anyways. Raising his his axe he let's out a brutal war cry as he attacks Rosalyva.

(Rosalyva has reversal)

(Rosalyva has dueling)

(Rosalyva has the advantage!)

(Rosalyva's Vantage activates)

Rosalyva:

Attack: 7

Hit: 100%

Crit: 17%

Burt:

Attack: 14

Hit: 37%

Crit: 0%

Rosalyva's attack: 79, hit!

Rosalyva defeats Burt with 7 damage!

Burt is much too sluggish; Rosalyva's sword opens a large wound, a straight line across his abdomen that makes the leader fall over. He is desperately trying to get up, trying to raise himself with his arms but doens't have the strength. "M-my... M-my promotion..." Are his last words. His eyes close.

[Victory!]

Final Results:

Enemies: Health, Location, Weapon

Soldier 1 (0/22) (I16) Iron Lance (45/45)

Soldier 2 (0/22) (N13) Iron Lance (45/45)

Soldier 3 (0/22) (J17) Iron Lance (44/45)

Soldier 4 (0/22) (L17) Iron Lance (45/45)

Mercenary 1 (0/21) (O11) Iron Sword (44/45)

Mercenary 2 (0/21) (I15) Iron Sword (45/45)

Archer 1 (0/20) (G13) Iron Bow (45/45)

Archer 2 (0/20) (H15) Iron Bow (45/45)

Priest 1 (16/16) (E13) Heal (30/30) Escaped

Burt (7/27) (H8) Hand Axe (30/30)

Players: Health, Location, Weapon

Hoshiko (9/20) (Ecquis) Iron Bow (40/45) Vulnerary (3/3)

Ecquis (22/22) (G10) Iron Halberd (42/45) Vulnerary (3/3)

Terrin (21/21) (I10) Thunder (37/40) Vulnerary (3/3)

Luka (18/18) (H11) Vulnerary (3/3)

Klarenfilia (3/19) (F11) Lightning (34/40) Vulnerary (3/3)

Meredith (13/22) (I15) Iron Lance (41/45) Vulnerary (3/3)

Rosalyva (20/20) (H9) Iron Sword (37/45) Vulnerary (3/3)

Adriaen (16/16) (H15) Heal (26/30) Vulnerary (3/3)

EXP tracker: 87/100

1 level gained already

Looking around the party will notice that the priest is nowhere in sight. He probably ran off in fear. You get the feeling however that he is not calling for reinforcements. He was way too scared for that.

Rummaging through Burt's belongings you find the keys to the jailhouse. Opening the door that Burt was guarding reveals a completely windowless room. The sides are lined with jails, and inside them are young men and women. Teenagers, most of them younger than yourselves. They all cower away from the jail bars as you open the door. They look surprised, scared, hungry and tired. However, someone comes forward. Unlike the others, he isn't a teenager. A fairly old man, with messy dirty gray hair and visible wrinkles comes forward.

"You aren't the jail guards." This affirmation seems to calm the youngsters around him. "Who are you?"

"My name is Ecquis. The wyvern beside me is Mira" he introduces to the older man. Taking a moment, he looks around the prison to observe the inhabitants.

"Who are you exactly, and how long have you all been here?" he inquires, curious as to why all of these people were imprisoned here.

Compared to the bright sunlight that shone outside, the jailhouse had dim lighting in comparison. As Rosalvya's eyes began to adjust to the lighting inside, she noticed many of the prisoners were teenagers.

'Children?' she thought to herself, despite being not much older than them. 'This wasn't in the briefing.' In any case, their task was to free these people.

"Talk less, Ecquis, you can ask questions as you're bringing people outside," Rosalvya said tersely. "The faster we get out of here, the better." Although reinforcements may not be coming for a while, she did not want to take any more chances.

"Our allies are waiting outside. Meet up with them and we'll take you to safety," said Rosalvya, addressing the entire jailhouse. She continued unlocking doors, scanning each prison cell. "Is there anyone injured or is unable to move? Please assist each other in leaving this place."

As the jails are unlocked, the prisoners inside smile. All of them look exhausted and hungry, but everyone is able to get up by themselves and leave towards the outside of the jail. The old man sits inside the jail until they all leave, and finally he steps out himself. He steps forward and puts his hands together. "The Fiery Goddess bless you all. You saved us." He sighs in relief. "My name is Hayden, I'm a fisherman from Laguna Bay. Boys and girls are forcefully drafted in the army. They put them in places like these to wait, and every week they are shipped off in groups. These are the lucky few who haven't been sent yet."

klarenfin_by_ninjacyndaquil-dadvdof.png

Klaren observed the teens flowing out of the jailhouse as they passed, waving at them with a smile. "Goddess bless you on your journeys~" It was indescernable whether he was actually happy or if this demeanor was just, well, how he was. Either way, he entered the jail out of sheer curiosity. Because, you know, dungeons are where the torture happens.

"Oooh. Lucky few indeed." He winked and waltzed over to the gathered people, taking in the rest of the venue. It didn't look very torturey... Though perhaps the living conditions would make for a tormentual experience on their own. Maybe he could imagine himself enjoying the imprisonment here, though probably not.

"The Children will guide the children to safety~" Klaren spoke again, not really addressing anyone in particular...

Luka walked into the jailhouse, looking behind him as the prisoners were on their way. "Careful on your way home, you all." I don't want to have to rescue you all again. Despite his thoughts, Luka put on a smile, hoping to give a small bit of hope in the escaping prisoners. Hope always did feel nice. "Make sure to thank the ones who help you." Like me. Some of you guys were a bit of trouble to help out.

Luka's eyes fell upon the old man talking to them. While the rest of the prisoners weren't in the best condition, Hayden didn't look to be very healthy for someone in a prison for people to be sent to war. "What's an old man like you doing in here?" Can this guy even pick up a lance?

jN80Jl6.png

Meredith placed her hand on her side. She wasn't gravely wounded but it sure did hurt now that the fighting was over. The adrenaline from had beat a tune over top the pain, but for now, it's ability to stanch the heat of pain, waned. She didn't enter the prison she stayed outside watching as the ones they recused came out one by one. Many of them were children. It filled her with disgust... because she knew why they were here. It was a practice the army had begun doing to replenish troops... conscripting youth. They had no part in this battle and yet were unjustly forced into whatever this petty war was about. She was glad they had saved them... but, there was so many more that had gone through here that were long gone by now. "I'm glad I got out of this before I was blinded by it. Gerson was right... I wasn't joining the right side. Now, I am where I was meant to be."

Now that the teens were released, Ecquis' attention went back to Hayden. After thinking on what he said about the inhabitants of the prison, him being here didn't make too much sense. Or at the very least, why would he be put in with them? Seeing as how thinking about it wouldn't change things, he decided to ask him personally.

"If the boys and girls here were forcibly drafted, why exactly were you in here Hayden. You don't seem like you are in the best condition for fighting."

Hoshiko, by this point, had managed to wriggle her way off of the wyvern, and had proceeded inside the building and then followed the prisoners back out.

ZL7mt8W.png"It's a good thing the Goddess sent us to save you. Being conscripted to fight for a tyrant would have been a terrible fate indeed, but Hoshiko the Righteous was here to prevent it!" She struck a pose, her bow held horizontally with her right arm straight down, one foot forward, and the other arm at her back with her hand splayed out.

The man clearly didn't want to answer that question. His hopeful smile from being saved distorted into... Something else. More of a disgruntled sad look. He took a deep sigh before he answered. "I lived in a small house, and I had a single daughter. Her name was Renee, bless her heart. She was 16, barely fighting age. The soldiers a few weeks ago knocked on my door, ordering her to join the draft. I told them to take me instead; that my old bones hardened from fishing would serve better than a frail young sweet girl." He clenched his hands into fists and closed his eyes. "They took us a both instead. They put us both in this jail, and a few weeks ago they took her. I'm not sure if they ever meant to take me as well, but I will surely never see my daughter ever again."

"I...I see. That's unfortunate," Ecquis told Hayden. To try and save his daughter only for her to be taken anyways...it must have been hard to live with. Even still, if we are to continue fighting, its certainly not out of the question that we may be able to gather some information on her. There are ways to find information, even if they aren't immediately apparent.

"I can't guarantee anything, but I'll try to find information on the whereabouts of your daughter. It's the least I can do" he tells the man, with Mira roaring in agreement.

Having spoken with Hayden, Ecquis decided to head outside once again. Seeing that Hoshiko decided to scurry off on her own, he decided to at least check on her.

"I trust you are alright Hoshiko?"

Luka's eyes looked away, not wanting to look at the old man. They took your daughter, huh? Must've been tough.. Luka gave himself a deep breath, before looking back at Hayden. Losing a smile would be unbecoming of a performer. "I promise that we'll do our best to find your daughter. You'll see her again, and we'll work our hardest to do so." Hollow words, but they'd bring the old man some joy, maybe. "Just tell me what she look like, and I'll try to find her."

Edited by InnocentBoy

• Developers

Terrin held his forehead and just sighed as he had been quietly standing outside the jailhouse. "Oh yes, and I'm sure that goddess of yours is oh so proud to have someone so calm, collected, and modest as her favoured champion or whatever." He told Hoshiko with a roll of his eyes, before heading towards the jailhouse. "I'm going somewhere less noisy." He added, although not before giving Mira a light pat on the head as he walked past. "She's a wonderful creature." He added sincerely with a glance at Ecquis, although didn't stop his stride toward the building.

He got inside just in time to hear Luka telling this old man they'd find his daughter, probably having followed from some explanation of his presence here or somesuch. 'I'm sure the dancer believes his words about as much as I do... But in times like these, I would certainly take false hope over hopelessness, and I imagine many others would too...' Terrin thought to himself, before clearing his throat and walking over beside Luka. "I'm sure I speak for our whole merry band when I say that the last thing we want is to see is good people like yourself separated from their families." He said with a smile, giving a brief affirmative nod to Luka. At least they both seemed to understand how important hope was in times like these.

"All of you are too kind." His demeanor seems to light up just slightly. "But also too optimistic. The war is hopeless, The Kingdom of Caelum has been breached once in all it's history, and it was by vile demons. All of our soldiers going to those wretched sands die, and the same will happen to my Renee." Hayden sighs, he truly seems to have lost all hope of seeing his daughter again. "On her 16th birthday I saved up a year's money and bought her a fine silk red ribbon. She should still be wearing it to this day. If the Goddess wills it, that's how you will find her. However, if you really want to help me, help everyone instead. Like you have today. Do what I as an old fisherman will never be able to do; save this Kingdom."

Hoshiko made an offended noise at Terrin's comment, but failed to follow him inside. She nods sharply at the old man's words.

ZL7mt8W.png"Do not fear, we shall. I will keep your daughter in my prayers as I will the rest of those pressed into the service of evil."

jN80Jl6.png

"Prayers don't do much good on a battlefield. They don't exactly stop a spear or a sword going piercing your gut. Prayers are the worst armour there is in this world." The solider said, from a world of experience. If anyone knew this it was her for sure. She never once tried to rely on the goddess in battle. It was a surefire way to die if you believed you'd be saved by sheer luck time and time again. Meredith wasn't really sure it was the best idea to show her face around the prisoners. They might recognize her. Though the story "The Undying" wasn't a huge tale, she was sure it was bound to be heard by some folks. Though, there wasn't really much avoiding it. "The Battlefield is a place no god treads. It is only a place of death. Regardless, of what one believes it is clear that no god is present in the place a battle rages. I'd also prefer we not give people false hope. I feel for their loss, but we cannot promise the safe return of their family. That force... that army. Even if we did manage to find the girl unharmed, it might only be on the surface she is. There's a reason they take children. They're impressionable and... if that fails, they are easy to break mentally. That and they are still in the prime of their youth, making them perfect to groom as new prospective soldiers if they show talent, or... perfect for unwitting cannon fodder. I do not think it is wise to promise people their safe return. It's not something we can do. I will do everything in my power to save as many as I possibly can as will the rest of the Misguided Children, that I'm sure of, however... Our work seeks to save an entire kingdom. If we fail for one life... many more will follow and suffer the same fate as her. In an Idealistic world, perhaps we could. But, this world is far from it. Remember, despite what you'd like to think, those that serve in that army are just as human as us. They are people, as are we. We're not fighting nameless monsters here. We're fighting sons, daughters, fathers...mothers of this country. It's best to keep this in perspective."

Listening to Meredith's words, he becomes a bit curious about her origins. She knew quite a bit about the treatment of soldiers, more than he had gathered through the whispers he heard through towns...or at least the ones he could get into. He debated whether to press her on this, but he was unsure. He always was one to try and find out all he could about something or someone. He had to out of necessity. Sometimes it worked out for him, other times...

His attention was refocused after Mira let out a questioning grumble towards him. She always did notice when his thoughts went back to his home...his former home anyhow. To get his mind off of matters of old, he decided to go ahead with his inquiry.

"You seem informed of the handling of the enemy's troops. I'm both impressed and curious. Did you have someone drafted into the army as well, or have you simply heard about the troops and their situation elsewhere?"