Sutoratosu

Genis, Beach, Morning

Genis watched in awe as he witnessed the battle take place. Their strength and speed he'd only dream to achieve. Even though this battle was horribly one sided just being as strong as the weakest pokemon there would be more then amazing. He could feel the hard thump his heart was giving off after the battle ended. Just being near them gave him a thrill of a lifetime. Maybe it was worth getting out of the house for this. To add to his luck they didn't even notice him!

"Hey, kid! How long you intend to stay hidden like that? You're not very good ya know, I picked up your scent a mile away. You enjoy the show though? This is what happens when ya treat people bad, justice comes out of nowhere and whips your ass into shape!"

Spoke too soon I guess. Well if he knew he was there he could've attacked him whenever he wanted to so there was no point in staying hidden any longer. If he was smart he'd run away. Dealing with strong pokemon after a battle dealing with mafia and such would not be good for one's health, especially for him. But instead jumped onto the rock and spoke with great enthusiasm. "That was sooooo awesome! The way the green guy went like blam and then you dodged like whoosh, then you came in and... waah!" He slipped off the rock and tumbled a bit towards them bringing up a bit a small amount of sand as he did.. Genis then bounced up off the ground almost like nothing happened. "Anyways that was super cool! Though why were you fighting? Did he do something bad or illegal?"

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tres, Racist Togekiss, Sky Pillar Interior, Morning

She lead him further and further away from the hall, turning and twisting down several corridors until at long last, they stood before a set of heavy oak doors. She beckoned with her wings, a strong gust flowing through the temple and opening the slabs of wood as if they were nothing.

"Here it is, Duck. The Grand Library, house of all the records and knowledge within Sky pillar. Father can be found within..." She strode inside without waiting for a response, the interior becoming visible as they passed the slabs... mammoth shelves and countless tables strewn with texts ancient and new alike, the smell of aged parchment and fresh ink filling the air as lamp light spilled across all corners of the room, many a mon bedecked in red and white robes of varying size bustling away stocking materials and penning copies of a myriad of works whom authors were long since dead. The place had a sense of grandness to it... and at the same time, one of oppression as well.

Deeper into the space there sat a large, round desk of old mahogany, an elder dragon seated there, tufts of white draping from his chin and brows as he examined documents the nature of which Tres could only guess at. The old Druddigon reheated the small pot of wax by his side with a single fiery breath as he stamped it and moved on to the next, showing no sign of seeing them.

The prideful bird made to speak, only to be cut off before a single word was uttered.

"Ah, another one come in search of shelter, I see." The drake said, still going about his work with eyes focused on penned text. "Odd, given types such as yourself generally don't need shelter or food, but nevertheless, I'm sure we can find something somewhere from you. And from that expression on your face, I can see you've already had the pleasure of speaking with everyone's favorite Togekiss..." The sarcasm in his voice at that last bit was playful, trivialized even, yet beholden of cutting edge all the same as the Girl scoffed and walked away, leaving Tres to deal with the elder wyrm on his lonesome.

"Ah yes... Temperance." He sighed. "Temperance, Temperance, Temperance... I can guess what she might've said to one of your race. I apologize for that... she has a habit of being a bit... harsh in her convictions. Prideful to a fault too, so far removed from the joyful and humble nature her kind is supposed to be known for... guess it can't be helped really, was already like that when I found her, she was... doesn't help that I myself am no togekiss, and the world not exactly being a place that's terribly accommodating for joy and warmth these days." With the last of his documents read, signed, and sealed, he finally put a lid on the still boiling wax and turned his attention to the duck.

"But enough of the ramblings of an old man and his failings as a parent. What can I do for you, my boy?"

Genis, Folie, Beach, Morning

The panda couldn't help but chuckle at the boy's response.

"Eh well, it's complicated, kid... but do you know what extortion is? It's when ya use threats, fear and violence to get something out of someone whose too weak to resist or fight back. And this reformed thug here?" He jabbed a tiny thumb in Mac's direction "Macaffey, he is... or rather, was the mega mac daddy of extortion around here. Shop Owners, regular Citizens, folks on hard times, you name them, and he preyed on them... and most of em stayed quiet out of fear of retaliation if they told the guards. But The idiot had the misfortune of hiring us of all people though, to help him find something he's been lustin' after for a good long while-"

He reached into the folds of his scarf and produced and Green, Black, and Fuschia stone that shined aggressively in the light, tossing it to Genis as if the valuable gem was nothing but a baseball. "That there, is what's called a Mega Stone. Mons like Mac are capable of doing something called Mega Evolution if they can meet certain requirements, and when they do, it opens the door for a boatload of power... so, I hope you can see why I couldn't let that beast get his hands on that, not in good conscience. And as you probably saw, he wasn't exactly too open to...talking it out, at least not until I had reduced to a crying baby...but he's gonna be good now, ain't that right, Mac?"

"Y-yes B-boss..." The rock type still sobbed. "Absolutely, anything you say... just please, no more, never again, never again...."

"See? Kid, I'm kinda like an equalizer around these parts. I got alot friends round this town, and I look out for folks, even if I don't know em at that moment. Just because the world has ended and everything, doesn't mean we mons should do the same crap the humans did and let the bullies reign over people..."

Arthur, Rocky Shores, Morning

"What the!?"Arthur exclaimed and immediately rolls out the way from the Gyarados's splashy entrance, There's no way he's gonna get his clothes wet again not after he spends hours drying them up just to look presentable before entering the gates.

The Wartortle was stunned as he picks himself up and saw another water mon. A huge one to be in fact, A not so hostile Gyarados. well, there's a first. usually, these sea dragons are known for their ill temperament. Arthur thought to himself.

The two water Pokemon's seems to be well acquainted as they talk and share their stories with one another. Arthur can't help but to smile as he's reminded of the sailors in their island doing the exacting same thing, yapping their adventures away till they run out of stories.

"Ehem..Aye! Excuse me" Arthur stands up and forced a cough to get both's attention. "I don't wanna break this friendly reunion but would you mind telling me what the hell is going on? did you just baited your friend by fishing him out off a hook? you two are locals of this island right?" Arthur steps up and asked the two.

"Stone this stone contains a lot of power huh?" Genis starred deeply into the stone, dreams of him being a strong weavile popped into his head. Maybe if he could mega evolve he'd be able to stand up to the bad guys rather then run away or rely on someone else. Maybe he could help people instead of cowering in the back watching from afar. "Hey mister, do you think I could mega evolve?" He asked the bear looking up towards him. "Maybe if I could mega evolve I could be strong enough to help people!" Then he looked back down. Who was he kidding, a young kid like him taking on strong opponents like these? He'd die in an instant not helping anyone and just waste his life. Even if he could get strong he could NEVER save his parents or bring them back. They were strong and they chose to fight and look where it got them, dead. "Never mind, what good could I do. If anything I'd just get in everyone's way and be a burden." Hi voice filled with a sense of sadness and depression.

Tres, Master Draidon, Sky Pillar Interior, Morning

The words of the old dragon were considerably warmer than that of the Togekiss. It was a soothing change.

"I would like a place to live, in case of curfews that I'm unaware of, and just general safety. Food won't be required, I have alternatives." Tres said. He could only imagine the amount of knowledge the elder dragon possessed. Not just mere knowledge of physical world, but the knowledge of philosophy and mind. If given the chance, he would definitely sit down and talk with him for hours long, but there were priorities.

Edited by IntSys

Arthur, Jack, Gilgamesh, Rocky Shore, Morning

"Oh yah, we do this all the time boyo!" The Quagisre, Jack apparently, responded. "Been on this island ever since the first few days... we used to play chess too ya know."

"Aye, that we did" Gilga seconded. "Chess, poker, texas hold-em, gotta know when to fold em~"

"Know when to hold em~"

"Know when to walk away, and know when to run~"

"You never count your money, when you're sitting at the table~"

"There'll be time enough for countin, when the dealin's done~"

The two both burst into hearty laughter, bringing their little duet to an end. Jack managed to recover first, wiping a tear of joyful amusement from his eye.

"aye, indeedy." His face darkened a bit. "Until those ne'er do wells and that big, fat, beefy tyranitar came and stole it from us!"

"Oh, how I wanted to kill that little bastard when he came gunnin for our boards and cards. But jack here said it would be too 'illegal' to take a bite of him and feed the rest to the magikarps... is his fault we lost it, I tells ya laddy!"

"Hey now, you know old Strat and the guard wouldn't look to well on you tearing into some idiot kid whose gotten too big for his damn britches!"

"Oh really now? I think I know old Strat better than you do! That Laddy is scum, he would've called what I wanted to do justice and left it at that!"

The two locked each other with a fierce glare, neither willing to back down... until Gilga spat a torrent of fierce water into Jack's face, breaking into hearty laughter once more, as did the old quagsire as his tufts dripped with the frigid water. If anything, he seemed invigorated by it.

"Well anyways, as you can see, boyo, we used to have alot more going on before that ruffian got our gear."

"Aye, now fishing is about the only thing we have left, ya see. We do it in honor of the old man, bless his soul; was the best fishermen who ever lived, some say he could've even drawn the mighty and beefy Kyogre himself outta the waters!"

"Aye that he could... but it gets a bit now and again, with little else to occupy ourselves with ya now?" Jack paused for a moment, seeming to think of something as he stroked his chin. "Say... you're going into the enclave, aren't ye? and yer new round these parts, right?" he asked. it seemed near painfully obviously he had a mission for the Wartortle....

"Whoa, whoa, kid, where's all this coming from?" Folie began "Yeah sure, you may be weak and a kid and all now, but everyone starts out like that, and it doesn't mean ya'll stay that way. Hell, I was weak once, Mars was weak once, Ares was weak once."

"Lies, all lies..." Mars said sheepishly.

"We've always been this awesome." Ares seconded.

"Don't listen to em, they were weak even if they don't wanna own up to it." Folie continued. "Look, I don't know about the whole mega evolving thing, I've never heard of a weavile doing it before, but eh, if you keep trying hard and keep your heart in the right place, I'm sure you'll get stronger at your own pace someday. Here, tell ya what, you can even keep that stone there, think of it as a reminder of what I said today. Now come on, will ya cut out the sad stuff? You're bringing down the mood with that face, kiddo..."

Odd thing to say, given he himself had just nearly beaten a mon to death and was laughing maniacally as he did it...

Tres, Lore Master Draidon, Grand Library, Morning

"Hmmm... well, let's see... I do believe there was some spaces open on the outskirts near the western beach... perhaps we could set you up with something with a view of the sea. Ah, here's the map..." As if by magic, he reached into some concealed drawer behind the mahogany slab and unfurled a thick parchment, laying it flat on the desk for Tres to see. The thing was a myriad of life and color, and beautifully illustrated representation of Sky Pillar and the city surrounding it. It must've been utter hell for whomever created it to update, as much detail was present...

"Ah, yes, here" He said, pointing to a spot illustrating a small villa in the harbor district. It looked humble enough, but rather cozy as Tres looked on. "A good spot, if I say so myself. You're lucky in a way, the old occupant was a rather... troublesome little devil, caused me the biggest headache since that Charmander sneezed next to one of the shelves... thank god Stratos finally drove him off and banished the bugger when he did, I don't know what I might've done to the little bastard if I had been forced to take action..." He gave a chuckle, despite the darker implications.

"Now then, let us find you someone to help you settle him, hmmmm..." He made a passing glance around the library, countless scholars milling about and working. His eyes settled on a Flygon shelving a few materials not too far away. "Ah! Freya, come here, would you?"

"Yes sir?" the other dragon responded, hovering over near instant as she dropped the heavy tome she held on the desk, looking back and forth between Tres and Draidon. "Do you need something?"

"Here, take this," He scribbled something on a slip of parchment Tres hadn't even seen him pull out, using his own claws as a quill no less. "Help our duck friend here find his way to his new abode, if you wouldn't mind."

"Yes, of course sir," she said, though the look in her eyes bespoke of protest even if her tongue did not. She examined the slip, giving a passing glance to Tres before turning and hovering off towards the doors. "Please, follow me."

"That, my boy, is Freya. She will be your guide. Don't take it too personally if she doesn't seem too fond of speaking, not much of a socializer, that one... though in most other aspects, she's the daughter I wished I had...but, alas, I'm afraid she's the Sky Lord's instead."

Tres, Lore Master Draidon, Freya, Grand Library, Morning

Tres did a quick scan over the map and saved it to its memory. The area looked magnificent and vivid, yet the Pillar still preserved its mythical aura.

The Flygon felt like she'd rather invest herself in the world within that tome. He could easily find his new home with the map, but she accepted the job before he could say anything. Going with a guide might not be a bad idea, as most guides would explain the surroundings as they go, but the Flygon didn't seem to be a dragon of many words.

"Thank you, mister. I'll be on my way, then." He bid his farewells to the gentle dragon and followed Freya to his new home.

Edited by IntSys

A smile grew back onto Genis's face. If a guy like him says he can become strong, then maybe he can protect people. He also couldn't believe that he's just giving him this stone, the stone that the big green guy wanted so badly. He knows he'll treasure it greatly. "Thanks mister! Your words mean a lot and I'll make sure to never loose this as long as I live. I really don't know any ways to get stronger but I guess I could try scratching some rocks or run around the island a couple of times." He replied scratching the back of his head. Genis then tucked the gem in his scarf so he wouldn't loose it, and just then he remembered something important. "Wait, mister I don't think I've introduced myself have I? I'm Genis, and I'll have you know I have the greatest house around these parts! Though, it maybe a little cramped if we all went inside..."

Arthur, Jack, Gilgamesh, Rocky Shore, Morning

"Someone took your stuff, you say? Well, that's just plain disgusting even for a Swalot's dump. Taking someone's possession...hmpf. what is this world coming to?" Arthur disappointedly said and hacks out a spit, showing his disgust about the situation ."that Tyranitar is a thief and is no different from those shadowy sea dogs that roams our ocean." Arthur said to the two from the way they described the armored pokemon.

"Anyhow, you're right, I'm not from this parts, I came from the Orange island in Kanto and you can bet your singing sea butts I'm going to the enclave." The wartortle shamelessly said to the two. "But, hey,I got a few time to spare." The wartorle shrugs. "I can help you retrieve your cards and gear back. Anything for a fellow water pokemon, I'm up for a challenge." Arthur said to Jack and Gilgamesh.

Septhis, approved to Enter the Gates

“My word I give you, fellow guard. My word.”

Brushing aside a tinge of snow that coated his grey, cloth-like skin as the Grumpig released him from his psychokinetic grasp, he passed through the gate mechanically, slowly, wanting to indulge in every step as he would now finally set foot on the theatre he would direct. Sights of the many structures erected from an art alien and unrecognizable were set into place before him as civilization painted itself before him, many Pokemon amidst the hustle and bustle moved about committing to each of their own individual duties, to selling to running.

Such was the life and idiosyncratic elements that he had yearned for. Five painstaking days of nothing, but the scene set out before him seemed worthwhile-

But where was the effervescence he was promised to see? What of the peace and vibrancy that should've stood here, instead of greeting him with medics treating the wounded, a gloomy, dolorous atmosphere set out before him? What of the stagnant, malaise faces of Pokemon as they lived their lives here? Not a single shred of a smile stood on the scattered, unfamiliar faces as they ignored him while he walked amidst the crowd. What of the rumours he had trusted and pursued to see here? What of the wonders he was promised upon overcoming that via dolorosa? Where? Where were they?

Alas, not but a venue such as this is spared from loss and strife. He should have expected as much, really; much like how he appeased and distracted himself with the stupor of his past glories where he was granted the privilege to perform amidst the cold, unmoving journey to the lands his feet now stepped on, many ignorant of the reality here, confined to the harshness of the world out there had equally found the Enclave as the glimmer of hope needed to move forward. The Pillar was as much as place of war as the rest, if not worse.

Of course, he wasn’t disappointed in the slightest. Had it been the haven akin the rumours the many ignorant souls out there believed in, what but a stagnant opera would come out of it? Granted, this was much better off than many a struggling fate lost and hungry out there, but it was the conflict that truly mattered. Life was, after all, not a bed of Roselia – where would the drama be in that?

His first thought in mind was to look for someone to talk to, to appease and to learn of the many features that the Enclave provided. It was but a moment before the Grumpig's words echoed again in his head, pausing him from beginning his first act for a moment.

Wherefore would the presence of a presumably esteemed superior result in the withering of public etiquette? His fervor drooped slightly as he contemplated the Grumpig’s words intuitively; an audience like that certainly wouldn’t prove discerning. Issue after issue sprouted itself before him, leaving him with an entangled set of a puppet’s strings.

The world is cruel, but it needn’t be ugly. Alas, it is time I pulled the strings.

While he enjoyed a good flow of the plot for research, he returned a few steps into the gate as he called for the Grumpig above the wall. It seemed that his endeavor for a desirable exposition would be difficult.

“Enlighten me, my sedentary sentinel.” He inquired, bluntly. “Your aforementioning of the statement of your General’s return. Simply speaking, this isn’t the world the souls outside depict it to be – yet so it seems in a grander scheme of things, it seems the dangerous waters themselves aren’t the only things tainted by corruption. Why? What reason would his return bring to sully the morality of those warmed up within these shelters?”

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Gan-Man, a plaza filled with giants hindering the site of our young medic friend

Pitiful site. I suppose it's prettier than seeing the many graveyards of mons which used to be known as cities. I've seen what I've came to...

The psychic type lost his focus when a big lump of something managed to hit him. He lost his balance only for a moment using the stick to keep himself up only to hear a loud snap sound in his back. Painful yes, but the aged mon had trained himself well to hide his pain as any sound would drag attention. He shifted his legs for a little making another loud snap. This time he felt a little better than before...or at least he wouldn't have to slouch to get around.

He took a glance town noticing a small green thing. A child would be the one to cause problems for him. He always wondered if it were a blessing or a curse to be born into this cursed era, not knowing how beautiful life really was all those years ago. He didn't have time to relax into his thoughts like usual since this child was clearly in a hurry. He placed a single finger on his head, not because he needed to, but to give this child an idea what he was doing.

"The hell was that for, jackass." Though a single word did not come from his mouth, the words could be heard loud and clear to the grass type and only her. "If you rush around helping these fools like an idiot, you'll only have even more of them to take care of."

Poppy- Being Psychically Berated

Poppy pouted, rolling her eyes at the Kadabra who seemed to think she was slow. "You know, if I were concerned with your opinion I would ask for it. If you want to call me names instead of waiting for an apology that's just a-okay by me, but don't expect me to react pleasantly to your injured ego," she said calmly. "I may be younger than you, but in this day I frankly don't think age means a damned thing. Every person is needed to help against the Shadows, Mr. Self-Righteous. So what's it going to be? Are you going to help me tend to the wounded, or are you just going to stand here acting like a bruised shin means more than some of the more serious injuries here?" After her tirade, her expression softened a bit. "I'm sorry, but I was only responding in kind. I was serious about the help, though. I could definitely use it."

Sansa, Above the Great Plaza

As Sansa returned to her perch, she settled down to continue watching the proceedings from afar. While doing so she noticed some commotion near the edge of the Plaza; what appeared to be a rather large Chikorita had managed to run right into a Kadabra, whom she though was dressed quite funny.

She had half expected the Kadabra to start yelling at the grass-type, but instead all she saw was it put it's hand to its head and stare rather angrily at the Chikorita.

"What? That is a bit unexpected." she thought to herself upon seeing that happen. "Maybe if I just get a bit closer I can hear what is going on."

With that she flew over to a building top, almost right above the pair -

Sansa, A Building above Gan-Mac and Poppy

- just in time to hear the Chikorita finish tirading the Kadabra: ... "Mr. Self-Righteous. So what's it going to be? Are you going to help me tend to the wounded, or are you just going to stand here acting like a bruised shin means more than some of the more serious injuries here?"

The sight of the Chikorita so calmly saying that to the seemingly crotchety Kadabra was almost too much for her. She had to bury her head into her wing to muffle her laughter while shaking on the edge of the building. Of course, this also meant that she did not here the rest of what the Chikorita had to say, as she was still trying to regain her composure.

Gan-Mac...being Gan-Mac

The Kadabra looked at the little Chikorita thinking about how he should word his thoughts. "While I may be a Psychic type, my powers are far weaker than most of my brethren. The only assistance I could bring is putting one or two of them out of their misery if it must be. However...that will have to wait." He looked over towards a bird. In the olden days, it wasn't uncommon to see one approach as a method of keeping contact with survivors. Even a loner like himself would pass on messages of danger.

Once again he pressed his finger to his head, this time looking at the bird. "I don't know who you are but if you have business with me, speak now." He figured the bird meant nothing by its presence, given how different the Sky Pillar was from the rest of the world, but these days you could never be to sure.

Sansa, About to be Gan-Mac'd above Gan-Mac and Poppy

"Huh what?!", Sansa jumped after having been spoken directly into her head by the psychic fox, "No I didn't mean anything, I just saw the collision and was curious as to what had happened, thats all"

Having the fox in her head like that had kind of scared her, the last 'mon to have done that to her was her father when she was younger and well... she shook her head.

"Like I said, sorry, I'll just go now" she said to the Kadabra as she started to fly away.

Poppy

Poppy pouted once again, following the rude Kadabra's gaze. "Hey! I wasn't done with you!" she said angrily. "First you insult me, then you ignore me? I don't know what part of the world you're from, but whoever raised you must have done it in a barn!"

Cinder - Sky Pillar Enclave Interior - Earlier that morning

As Cinder walked around the enclave, a chikorita medic known around the enclave as Poppy rushed past him, making him need to stop in his tracks to let the healer rush by. As he looked towards where she was headed, he noticed the gathered crowd, and decided to investigate. However, he went at a walking pace instead of a run, knowing that he wasn't urgently needed in the plaza.

Sky Pillar Main Plaza - Present time

For the past few minutes, Cinder had been looking for survivors originally from the Johto Enclaves amongst the crowd, but to no avail. However, his questions regarding what had happened provided him with some info concerning what had happened, as well as the fact that there was going to be a gathering in the plaza. As he headed out of the crowd, he heard a voice shout, like it was complaining. As he went over to investigate, he could make out what it was saying more clearly.

"First you insult me, then you ignore me? I don't know what part of the world you're from, but whoever raised you must have done it in a barn!"

Cinder stopped in his tracks when he heard this, recognizing the angry tone of someone who was ticked off, his backflames momentarily sputtering out of surprise at the insult. Quickly redoubling his pace, he galloped over to the place that the argument that was going on, and then spoke up after skidding to a halt, trying to defuse the situation.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's all just calm down! We can't afford having any more heavily injured individuals, especially since the Shadows just took out the last two Enclaves other than this one!"

Clarice, Ricardo, Sven, Barnes, Heart Swap Book Trade, Morning

The loud scratching of a pen flying down paper. That was all that could be heard from Clarice's office at the current time. The few employees gathered there looked about wondering what they should do. After all, it was snowing today, it wasn't like they'd really get many customers. Ricardo stared at his friend with a rather strange look on his face.

"What... are you staring at flee face?" The Delibird said in a nervous tone. Clear attempt to seem rather tough in front of his friend, but, his voice wavered. Not good on pressure apparently.

"You ice for brains. You trying to get fired? Ay, caramba!" Ricardo said throwing his paws to the air in an over the top display. He placed the back of his paw across the front of his face and suddenly feigned the sound of great surprise. "You wound me so for being so careless Sven. You sweet sweet child..."

"Wha... are you okay Ricardo? You're acting really weird dude."

The cat heaved a large sigh. So much so nearly the entirety of his body shuddered in response. He walked up to the little Delibird and slapped his forelimb across his shoulder and pulled him in real close. "Lemme give ya a little secret for staying workin' here a long time. The Boss Lady is in charge here. But, that's not the secret. The Secret, and you better keep this on the downlow now..." Ricardo said looking from side to side, faking to see if anyone was in earshot.

"Yea? Yeeeea?!?" Sven got even closer and looked up at the big cat.

"IS TO NOT MAKE HER MAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!!" Ricardo ROARED into Sven's ear. It sent the poor Delibird bowling into a pile of unsorted books and sending them flying. Sven- 0, Coworkers and Colleagues - 2.

"You of all people should know that being loud and disturbing her while she's working is the easiest way to do that, Ricardo." said a third voice from elsewhere. It was Barnes, who had just entered the building. They didn't hear the service bell ring due to the fact that Ricardo had just screamed at the top of his lungs. The Large Noctowl stared at the Persian with a rather smug look on his face. Must've been proud of what he had just said. He started to brush the snow off his feathers and attire. Taking off his top hat and collapsing it in his hand before it popped back out, and in a ravishing display, tossing it back onto his head. He brushed off his thick black scarf. And lastly he banged the cane he had against the floor a few times to shake off the lose snow. Small flakes of snow burst forth from the relief of an Arcanine at it's head. It's face fixed in a mighty roar. It looked a bit silly as small flakes flew forth from it's maw, rather than the fire that Arcanine was definitely more known for.

"Oh, fancy pants you're here. Might as well get this out of the way. Sven here has a deathwish and wants to get fired already so, he decided to get punted through the "Doggie Door" by her majesty." Ricardo said, with extra order of sass sauce.

"No time for now, and I don't have my tools with me anyhow.. For the present time, place one of the palettes over it for now I'll repair it on the morrow." The old bird said as he shuffled towards the back. He was headed towards Clarice's office. Of the employees that worked there, Barnes was the only one that could enter the office without incurring her wrath. He for that reason was seen as the second in command around here. Clarice trusted him. More than most others in the world. It was the two of them that had first built the booktrade. Barnes handled the business, Clarice handled gathering the materials and the translating where necessary.

The name, was decided on by both of them. They decided to name it after the fabled ability of a particular Pokemon, Manaphy. It's ability to swap the souls of two others to be precise. For the two of them, trading and sharing books in it's own way, was much the same. After all, reading one's favourite book was a great way to understand them. So, the name just felt right.

"If you say so. I'm not sure how effective that'll be at keeping the cold out though." Ricardo mused.

"I'm sure we'll figure something out." Sven blurted in quickly. Probably to prevent Barnes from having to answer himself. He already annoyed one of his superiors today, he didn't want his friend to annoy the other one.

"Getting good headway on that manuscript?" Barnes siad as he peeked his head in the room. He didn't open the door all the way. It was customary. If Clarice wasn't in the mind he didn't want to intrude on her space so, he made sure not to breach it entirely. It was him asking permission. Clarice looked up from the papers in front of her that she was jotting letters onto. Her eyes peered over the frame of her glasses up at the old bird. She gestured towards the chair in front of her desk with her eyes, signalling him to come in.

He did so, and quickly walked over to the desk. He sat down,and waited for her to begin speaking. It didn't take long. "Yes. I am. Gotten at least a few chapters translated already. Seems to be yet another account of our so called gods. However, this one includes pieces and accounts from long long ago. Thousands of years. I cannot dare to think of their accuracy though."

"Hmmm, how about a quick break then? I brought your favourite."

"Well, you certainly know the way to a girl's heart." Clarice said, smiling. "Sure. It'd be nice."

They ate in silence for awhile. Just enjoying the sound of silence. It was quite nice to share in the solitude with another for a time. Talking wasn't really that important. Just knowing another was there. After awhile though Barnes began again. "Anyway, Has the Lore Master been by of late? I do remember we had another completed manuscript lying around correct?"

"Oh yes, right here." Clarice said jumping a little at the realization. She almost dropped her custap berry tart. She opened a drawer while shoving the remainder of the sweet treat into her cheek with her tongue as she'd need her hands. She pulled out a large wade of parchment and rubber banded to it, a small old looking tome. On it's cover was the words, "The Sundered Skies". It was an account of some of a particular trio of Pokemon that were believed to be connected to the gods. Three genies, that controlled different elements. It seemed to be a historical account, therefore it was much more suited towards the great library run by the Lore Master, than the Book trade. "I sent a missive to him, but he's either not gotten it, or been to busy to come down here."

"Do you wish for me to deliver it?"

"No, if Anyone will it'll be me. I don't take well to being ignored after all. Either way, I'll probably finish copying this new manuscript soon enough and then have to deliver it regardless. And, I'd rather deliver this myself. So, why not kill two birds with one stone?"

Barnes gave her a strange look.

"Not literally... okay? It's just an expression."

"I know, just an odd one to use at a time like this." He said with a hoot. His form of laughing.

"Perhaps, Barnes. Perhaps. Anyway, There's no need. If the Lore Master doesn't show up by the time I finish this piece here, I'll personally deliver it."

"Good good. Sounds like a plan."

Nocturne, Inside the Walls

The two friends walked back inside the safety of the large walls that surrounded what was their new homes. They hadn't been long in this place, but they had both come to find it wasn't too bad a home. Things weren't perfect but considering their only other option was being stranded outside by their lonesome, they didn't complain about their current situation. Nocturne and Lily both managed to get their own separate homes. They did their best to get homes nearby of each other, since when they arrived it was a foreign location with foreign pokemon. The only friends they had was each other at first, and that friendship was something both tried to hold on to.

Nocturne's claws dug into the snow on the ground, leaving footprints on top of the many other prints of other pokemon to walk the same path. The cold beginning to chill his bones even through his thick fur. Most others seemed to have decided to stay inside rather than face the cold, the usual bustle of the Enclave was much duller. But even without the usual bustle, the two managed to piece together from passing pokemon that Lexington had returned with only some of the troops that he left with. It seemed the Shade had been merciless, taking much more than a chunk out of the main force that had left. The fox felt sadness sneak in along with the cold, such a shame that so many had been killed. But they have been at war for a long time, and casualties were expected.

The two of them continued walking forward, silence filling the air in between them as they absorbed the news of the returning troopers. Finally, they managed to arrive at Lily's house. The two stopping at the wooden door and turning to face each other, Lily looking distraught over the deaths. "I'm going to have a bit of rest for now, but later I should go look over some of the wounded to see if there's anything I could do to help" The psychic type muttered sadly. Nocturne looked over at his friend, the one responsible for keeping him from being another fatal casualty in this war. Then he nodded somberly, and watched Lily go inside her home without another word. With a short sigh, he turned and began making his way towards his own home. Only a short walk away from where he was.

Sephtis

The pig let out a heavy sigh, showing Septhtis the very scene he himself had borne witness to earlier that day and letting it play from start to end in his mind. "Because we lost" He answered solemnly. "Or... well, not really lost... look, the outcome wasn't favorable at all. At least the General and a few stragglers made it back safe, but even those who still adamantly uphold their support of the campaign can only call it a Pyrrhic Victory at best. And when the army goes off, looking like a bunch of champs and comes back in tatters, well... the folks who aren't too bust saying "I told you so" to anyone they can find are probably gonna be questioning just what the future holds for us all. That's just the way things work in the world these days, even here... hope comes along, people get excited, shit happens and it gets crushed in the crossfire. And then everyone despairs...so like I said... just don't go causing any trouble."

It was nigh disturbing, how matter of factly he put it... like it was inevitable...

Genis

"Heh, alright Genis... " A coy little smile played on his face "you say you gotta nice house, let's see it eh? I'm sure it can't be that cramped, c'mon, lead the way." Of course, he knew full well he was more than likely about to be led to some little pitiful hobble cobbled from scrap and battered materials- the construction master and his crew hadn't been able to keep up with the recent influx of new folks, and as a result... well, one could just say, his job was made a bit more interesting getting people what they needed...he doubted this kid's situation would be any different... but hey, no need to hurt the boy's pride yet.

The cruel bitch called life would do that soon enough, so Folie might as well spare him as much pain now as he could.

Tres

Freya led him out of the temple and down towards the docks, just as the map had illustrated in painstaking detail. It truly was amazing, just how accurate it was to the scaling; whoever had been in charge of the updating had to have been a psychic type... or just cursed with a horrible, horrible case of OCD. Either way, the flygon seemed to know the layout of the streets well, despite her career mostly confining her to dusty rooms and dustier tombs. It wasn't long before the two stood- or rather...floated more like -before the humble little abode.

"This is it..." Freya said, her voice obviously distant from the task at hand. "All the furniture and possessions have been left inside since he was exiled... there are no keys or anything, but you shouldn't have any problems with thieves- their sprees have been alot fewer between ever since Strat increased the penalty for it... and the guard station isn't too far from here either, so your chances of being robbed in the night are slim and none. If you've nothing else you need assistance with, I'm afraid I need to get back to the library now."

Arthur- Side Quest Accepted

"Excellent boyo, excellent!" Jack called, giving the young turtle a makeshift salute...honestly a bit too crisp to just be a mere imitation of a human sailor. "Alright, now, knowing that fatty Tyrany, ya can probably find his lair in the slums. Just head through the gates and keep walking till things get shady and people don't bother to give ya the time of day, then ask around if anyone's been a bit of a dick lately, and I'm sure you'll hear his name dropped a few times... and if ya still need some help, search for either Folie, Lemmiwinks, or Jack- not me though boyo, I'm no street lord, that's for sure! -they'd probably be all too eager ta help ye out. Good luck sonny, bring us back some of his teeth too if ya can!"

With that, Ishmael gave him a salute too, again far too crisp and practiced to be something picked up outside of actual service back in the day...

Perhaps even more noteworthy than the crispness of their salutes though, was that the old man had just asked Arthur what was essentially a hero's task as if it were a mere fetch quest... yes, there would be plenty of fun in store for him. Plenty...

-Personal Side Quest Added:

True Knight to E4's rescue

Participants: Arthur

Objectives:

-Get through the gates!

-Find the "slums"!

-Find Mac the Tyranitar's lair!

-Get the chess set and other crap back for the two crazy old dudes on the beach!

Tres

"No, thanks for your guidance." Tres hovered before the door. The door was designed so you could simply walk through it without twisting a handle.

The inside was plain, with a lawnmower, a fan and an oven sitting on the table. To the Rotom that used to live here, these were vehicles of utmost importance. To other Pokemon, these were junks due to the lack of active electricity. To Tres, however, he could power up these machines even momentarily in order to use them. Aside from the appliances, there was a kitchen and a couch on the first floor, completely unused, which most likely have been here before the Rotom's arrival. Same goes for the bed in the upper floor.

Out of boredom, he left the house for the market, getting to know the surroundings and the society here.

Edited by IntSys

Arthur, Phase 1 of the side quest

"Ay, may my quest go silkier than a silver wing" Arthur saluted back to the two loonies who clearly are natural sea-born such as himself. And with that,Arthur heads for the gates where he finds a stiff grumpig guarding the door.

"Say, fancy manor you got here, old emerald sure knows how to built his place, yes sir.. he suuuurre did.." Arthur started off talking to the purple pig.

"you know what else would make this place even more great?" Arthur paused as he side-hugs the Grumpig. "A laborer wartortle named Arthur, who knows the pokemon sea like the back of his hand" The Navigator proudly introduce himself while looking at his nails.

"So,What do you say? care to add this wartortle to the city's population and let me enter?" Arthur said with a toothy smile, hoping his charm will work on the Grumpig, considering their species has the word 'Grump' in their name.

Genis, Folie, Beach to "The House of Genis"

"Alrighty then! You guys have the honor of being my first visitors!" The enthusiasm coming from Genis could fill a bath tub. Not only did he find the last thing he needed to complete his house to day but he's also going to have guests over. Maybe happy days are still possible for people. He quickly turned around with the end of his checkered scarf following close behind almost wrapping around to the front of his body. He pointed in front of him,"This way everyone!" With that he marched forward believe they're following close behind.

Once they arrived at the "architectural master piece" that was his house, Genis felt a rush of embarrassment. "Oh my Arceus, I'm so sorry for the mess! Let me tidy up real quick." If the looked at the front entrance to his scarp metal tent they would notice some of the leafs had inched their way out and weren't all underneath the protection of the "advanced roofing" that was his house. He pushed the leafs back under and plopped himself inside. "Come on inside, though I don't know if your friends can come in as well mister."

Septhis

The horrors that belied out there – a miracle in itself it was, for Sephtis to had survived alone out there, fending against the creatures that plagued the outside world, away from the safe haven guarded by these walls. Fortunate to be taught how, fortunate to go without sleep – Insomnia was more of a blessing as such, than a curse – and fortunate to have had a second chance in life, all under the guise of an actor, not a fighter. To succumb to the shadowy forces plaguing the world or to fade as a mere voice amidst the cacophony of wails departed somewhither unknown in the seemingly eternal battle against them, as only the lucky and strong survived. These were all fighters and warriors far stronger than he, and nonetheless, they had withered. They had lamented. Septhis hadn't come close to the true strength behind what was out there, apparently. Even as a ghost, even as an agent of the night. Was it all truly an asinine, fruitless task to pursue?

The state of the audience was an impediment, but it as much provided him with the ultimate first play – the befallen spirits of the people needed to be uplifted. A flower yet emarcid could still be nurtured. Everything he committed to erewhile would not lead to disappointment.

“Gramercy,” He bowed once more to the guard, the disgusted look still plastered upon his snout. “Know, however, that this place is lucky enough. Standing guard nor being tucked safely within doesn’t exactly paint the most vivid picture of the eldritch strife behind these walls.” His words released themselves from the zip-like-mouth with utmost contempt, before his hands clasped together. “Alas, an orison to the valiant fallen and departed.”

They’ve endeavored as they must. Bitter and ungrateful towards the slightest respite you have here, asinine drought in a raining desert, all of you. Know what it means to go out and fight. To sacrifice and to see what the ugliness of the world has in store for whomever daring to brave its fronts.

Not looking back, the errabund Banette turned his attentions to the thoughts within his mind as he decided his next venue – to speak of the matter and hear it through the horse’s mouth. Be it the General or someone else erudite of the science here, he would find him or her, and attain more.

Edited by YagamiNoir4896

Poppy

The Chikorita fumed but said nothing, knowing deep down that what Cinder had said was true. She sighed and looked around, a small smile creeping onto her face. "Well, truth be told by this point most of the injuries have already been treated. I suppose I was hasty in becoming so upset. Are any of you looking for a friend among the wounded? Seeing as I've treated many of them personally, I might be able to help!" she continued, her demeanor changing to a much friendlier one. She turned to Cinder and smiled widely. "Thank you for reminding me not to let my short fuse get the better of me."