Sutoratosu

Cinder

Cinder was relieved that he'd prevented a fight, but turned his head downwards, a faint expression of sadness growing across his face when Poppy asked him about missing friends.

"Actually, yeah. I was hoping to be able to find any survivors not originally from the group that set out, but I don't think there are any, going off of what I heard about from those that did survive..."

He then looked upwards again, and a faint smile started to show on his face when his hopes started rising.

"Maybe I just haven't searched enough. And it's no problem concerning my helping you calm down; I can be a bit hot-headed myself on occasion, pardon the pun."

As he said that last part, he let out a small chuckle, his head-flame increasing in size slightly before returning to what was normal for him.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Septhis

Black and blue and gleaming gold. Those were the among the first sights Sephtis caught as he searched for someone of reference and rank. The middle aged bisharp sat on a long neglected supply crate as various healers tended to the cracks and fissures haphazardly traversing his armor and blades, the axe atop his head chipped and broken from the ferocity of war and his gauntlets baring all the defensive wounds of fighting off savage wilders. He said nothing, as their eyes briefly met in the distance, thinking naught of the ghost as he turned his gaze back to those brother in arms who'd managed to make it back from the same hell hole he'd crawled from...

If the phantom looked closely though, he might've caught a glimpse of the tattered remains of a High Officer's coat, draped about the dark type's shoulders...barely more than shredded ribbons stained dark with the fetid blood of countless foes now.

Genis

"Arceus... shit's worse than I thought...this place is literally just two scrap metal slabs propped against each other..." "Oh, yeah, yeah, looking real nice here kid, real nice...bet it took ya a long time to make it, huh?" Despite his attempt to sound as genuine as possible to keep from crushing the boy's spirits, he had already gestured for Mars and Ares to find something to make this place even half decent a living space, though Genis would've never recognized the idle hand gestures he made as he spoke. The two headed out immediately, needing to see no more of the place to know, their help here was damn well needed.

"But kid, I gotta a question... this is a pretty nice space and all, but, I only see provisions and rations for one... where's ya parents?"

Tres

There was little to note, as he floated through the merchants stands and milling customers on morning routines. Mostly more of the same rumors he'd already heard earlier in the day and had seen the source of himself at the shore line...

oddly enough though, more than a few times he could've sword he'd felt some presence following him... any attempt to stop and catch them in the act though, only yielded nothing but thin air and more of the milling crowds... yet everytime he started again, it seemed to return almost immediately... a little closer each time...

Arthur

The Grumpig stared at him for a moment. This one bore a coat of gold fur rather than the usual violet... seemed the one before had been relieved of his shift in the time Arthur and the old coots had been talking. Unlike his brother though, this one went to no painstaking lengths while probing the turtle's mind, his prescence barely even registering there.

"Meh..." he said finally giving a shrug. "He's clean, let the bugger in..."

With that, the gates almost instantly opened before him, yawning wide to grant access into the enclave...

Personal Sidequest Update:

True Knight to E4's rescue

Participants: Arthur

Objectives:

-Get through the gates!

-Find the "slums"!

-Find Mac the Tyranitar's lair!

-Get the chess set and other crap back for the two crazy old dudes on the beach!

Genis, Folie, "The House of Genis"

"Oh, yeah, yeah, looking real nice here kid, real nice...bet it took ya a long time to make it, huh?"

His face had a big smile on it."Yea! I was super lucky to find two walls that were relatively the same size." These guys obviously were amazed by his great building techniques. Those two other guys are even walking away in shame! However, Genis was not prepared for the following question.

"But kid, I gotta a question... this is a pretty nice space and all, but, I only see provisions and rations for one... where's ya parents?"

As soon as those last words came out the world seemed to stop for a brief moment. His smile started breaking but he forced one out though it wasn't that big. "My p-parents?" His voice shook a little trying to get that word out from his chest. He paused for a brief moment adjusting his scarf as to buy more time before answering his question.. "They um... they aren't... here." He was holding back tears, however you couldn't tell by looking at his face. He's become quite proficient in hiding the salty liquid from other people.

Arthur, downtown slums, inside a pub, hoping to find information where the streetlords at. Fight club

"Woohoo! Thanks, buddy. I owe you one, I promise you won't regret this decision." Arthur said as he repeatedly taps the guard's back to show his gratitude and joy and in the process messing up the stationed Grumpig's steady posture quite a bit.

And with that, The brave turtle enters the city and starts to find the slums of this place. Hmm, I should probably gain allies before starting this mission, even tho I have the type advantage against a rock type, I can't take down a full-grown Tyranitar one-on-one if things get a little bit ruff in this crazy mission. That would be suicide. Arthur thought to himself.

What was it again? Folie, Lemmiwinks, or Jack, the streetlords. Maybe I should find them first. The Wartortle snaps his fingers and remembers the names. And with that in mind, Arthur went to the downtown part of the enclave to find some information about these streetlords.

From there, Arthur found a small pub called the 'Krookodile's jaws'.From there he saw the meanest and baddest intimidating Pokemons are entering the pub even tho it's the top of the morning.What a lovely place and what better way to find what i'm looking for. Arthur thought to himself and decided to enter the pub.

Arthur bravely enters the place and to his surprise, He heard the sound of skins pounding against one another as He saw two pokemon beating each other up while a bunch of pokemons is circled around them as if they were betting on the fighters.

The wartortle mustered up the courage and decided spoke to the one in charge of this place. "Ay, fancy show you got there mate, say if you don't mind me asking, have you seen Folie, Lemmiwinks, or Jack around these parts? i kinda need their help" He asked.

((OOC: if you know the rules of this club, you know where this is going lol))

Edited by Ragnar

Tres

"Hm? Something's nearing...can't exactly find out who with the passerby around..." Tres's eyes rolled around and laid on a shop named 'Collector's Wares', "That will do." He quickly got to the shop and hurried in.

Many different human gizmos and electronics were neatly placed on the shelves. There were no customers at sight, in fact, the owner seemed to be elsewhere. Perhaps they were in the room behind the door at the counter. Calling the items Collector's Wares was really overstating things, to the commoners around, these things probably worth just as much as the seashell by the beach - perhaps even less! Ironically, these things were probably the only things he would ever buy - if he had any money to begin with.

However, all that meant nothing at the moment. Trick Room! Tres's body glowed light blue and the walls and the ceiling gradually took a light blue hue. "I should be way faster now..." His eyes rapidly scanned the room, searching for any possibilities of a surprise approach.

Edited by IntSys

Sephtis and the Bisharp

Streaks of bruises and cuts marred the once elegant and shining visage of the Sword Blade Pokemon’s exterior. A mephitic odor wafted through Sephtis’ nose as he entered another section of unfamiliar vicinities; the scent of blood and ichor, stronger than the hell he once been through where his town, his friends, his parents and trainers – all alone there. Even amongst the sentient, redivivus audience of survivors, the miasmic atmosphere coated his lips with a discomforting acerbic that seemed to never fade even with his lips’ attempts to quell it with saliva. Unconsciously swallowing, he sighed at the scene depicted before him, the resolve to search for answers yet to fade, yet to be plagued by disgust.

Sephtis' eyes had yet to divert away from the Bisharp, whose attentions scanned through the wounded, the phlegmatic pair of eyes carrying the intensity of a Luxray’s. An exchange of their glances lasted not but a second before the Bisharp turned away, but the Banette’s golden eyes suddenly fixated themselves on the tattered cloak that remained on the Dark-type’s shoulder. An air of power, an intensity of ranking and command, with what was left of the unrecognizable piece of cloth, mutilated with the vermilion that was blood, be it of his own or that of the countless foes he had confronted. Maybe, a sliver of a chance, that this one knew something, and he had nothing to lose, if not for a few seconds or minutes, by asking him. But would he be willing to give answers in this already ridden atmosphere?

His next step resulted in a crunching sound, distracting his thoughts. The single flower bestowed itself upon him before the ground, thankfully, and not significantly, damaged by his careless footing. He crouched downward as his eyes conscientiously and absorbedly examined the yellow blossom, eyes now intrigued, hopeful, and somewhat sympathetic of the flower's existence on these grounds. Someone, perhaps, in his or her negligence and nonchalance, and had previously possessed it, had failed to realize this one sole flower littered upon the ground. And even now, amidst the frigid, bitter walls of the enclave, not but a soul had been wary enough to notice, perhaps too occupied or distressed with what was the consequence and feedback of the war and strife that would only continue to plague their lives out there.

Whatever origins the flower may had hailed from, be it alone, be it with a bouquet of its own kind or others before it separated from its former owner or group, it only remained on the ground, the once vivid color besmirched with a mix of snow and dust, the gift of life clinging desperately onto the vessel, barely emanating from the flora. Such a beautiful object even if tarnished by the toils of war, cold and soot, was a priceless treasure for Sephtis, for him who had nothing but a mask, his tongue, and his cogitatious desires. It was section of land in an abundance of sea, a candlelight, however small, in the infinite dark. But he had not earned it yet. Perhaps, even if he was the first to notice the fragile piece of art now under the gentle grace of his clawed fingers, as they wiped away the filth that vitiated the flower’s freshness and beauty.

And whatever purpose the flower would be destined to serve decided by the higher power of Arceus, Sephtis knew that the flora in his hands was better deserving in the hands of another – even if he would cherish it more than anyone else – and his eyes turned again to the very meritorious being, who had yet to give a returning glance.

Sephtis walked towards the abandoned crate that the Bisharp was seated upon, and, as with any other newfound acquaintance or person, gave for the umpteenth time a small, greeting bow.

“Must’ve had it hard, valiant knight.” Gently, Sephtis placed the flower upon the crate the Bisharp was sitting on, tartly beside him. A mundane offering as it would have been, he couldn’t help but manage a smile at the satisfaction of the gesture. It didn't matter if the Bisharp would appreciate it or not, and he would at least start a conversation lightheartedly, knowing that a direct questioning in the current circumstances without only prove derogatory and insensitive. "I know it's been rough out there, but you've endeavored however able. To that, the people here thank you."

((OOC: Discussed this with you earlier, Strat, so I hope you're comfortable with someone accidentally dropping a random flower as a result of barter.))

Edited by Noir

• 2 weeks later...

Genis

"Uh huh..." Folie said. Even if the kid's face hid it well, his voice quivered like a Volcarona getting ready to fight. "So...that mean you alone in this Enclave, kid? It's nothing ya gotta lie about, ya know. There are plenty others like you out in these streets. So go on, answer me straight, it's not like anyone's gonna call the guards about ya or haul you away to put with strangers... 'least not in my neighborhoods."

Tres

Clapping. That was the only thing Tres could hear in the shop, a round of thundering applause as hands of white flitted about the air, as if disembodied phantoms had found his trick oh so amusing. Within an instant, he felt a crippling wave of force rack his entire body, his vision tunneling for a moment before it ended, and a white glow filled the place... coming right from him. Something felt...off...wrong...almost as if...he had forgotten all his other moves except for Trick Room...no, not forgotten, they were still there...but none of his other powers responded, regardless how hard he might have tried.

"Bravo, bravo~" A voice mocked from behind one of the shelves "thinking you're so clever, luring me into this small space and using trick room..." It was feminine in pitch, that much the duck could tell. Out from the stacks of old electronics emerged none other than a pikachu, a smirk curling along her face as she approached Tres.

"But I'm afraid you just became a sitting duck...I never thought they'd reassign that old house this quickly." she gave a sigh, eyes darkening as she stopped in her tracks. This was close enough, no point risking anything more if it had already gotten to him. "I kept telling them they should just burn the place, tear it all down and use the space for something else. But does anyone believe old Trish? Nope...I'm just some crazy treasure hunter chick, it's not like I've spent more time out there than most of em combined... what would I know? He'll, Tesla didn't believe me either, look what happened to him...and now there's another victim, just perfect..."

((Regular Pikachus can't learn Encore...take the hint buddy))

Sephtis

The bisharp glanced at the ghost out of the corner of his eye, but said nothing as he reached down and inspected the flower. The healers around him continued their work as if sephtis wasn't even there, light and aura being woven to repair broken steel... despite the extent of his injuries though, the knight didn't seem to be in much pain.

"You've my thanks for the gesture." He finally said, stowing the plant in his cloak. "Aye, I don't doubt they do thank me and the others, at least some of em. The rest are probably busy worrying about their own skins and how to save themselves from the bugbears that are sure to come." He turned his gaze fully on the phantom, eyes gleaming a startling amber despite his kind's lack of irises. "You're not from 'round here though, are you?"

Arthur

The bar keep gave him a quick once over before returning to the mug he was drying. An Azumarill nearby sat next to a basin, blasting more of the glasses clean with pure water pressure before setting them on the rack. If Arthur didn't know any better, he probably could've both the drinkware and the equipment had been stolen from a human drinking establishment.

"Who wants to know, kid?" The machamp demanded gruffly "Never seen your face round these parts, I don't exactly trust people I never seen before. How do I know you're not just some thug looking to gather info for an ambush? Been a bit too many of those lately...not that all of them don't wind up regretting it in the end..."

Clarice

The bell chimed from the store front as they talked in the back. The Alakazam gave a short burst of his power as flakes of feathery white flew off the shoulders of his robe, the scholarly insignia of Draiden's Librarians clear upon his breast as took stock of the space. It was a bit more humble than he'd expected, but these were the exact coordinates on the map; he was absolutely certain he was in the right establishment.

"This really should not be my job though..." He sighed. "Top level Military clearance, Master of the Census record, Head of Cartography and Engineering, and yet he's got me running about on fetch quests better delegated to mere scribes." Regardless though, he stopped to take a look around. He sensed all to well the life forms present just out of sight. Surely some clerk would be out soon enough, it wasn't good business sense to leave the selling floor unattended for too long, after all.

(Holy shit, well played!)

Tres

"Why?" Tres asked. "All the problems that I'm not aware of..."

He paused for a bit. If he was a real duck, he'd be visibly exhausted from the consecutive usage of Trick Room. Not having facial muscles outside of the eyes ended up being useful for once.

"If there's anything you want to tell me, just go ahead. No need to sneak up on me like you're trying to assassinate me...unless that's actually what you're trying to do."

Edited by IntSys

Tres

"You've just gotten involved with forces you don't want to deal with, bub." She said about as bluntly as possible. "but calm down with the whole assassination crap, I'm not gonna to kill ya... not yet at least, you don't seem to be displaying any symptoms..." She gave a snap of her fingers. Nigh immediately, Tres felt relief wash over him, the burning white glow vanishing and the oppressive wave of restraint with it.

"There's something evil living in that place they gave you, duck" She began. "Something far older than this enclave and as vile as the Shades, something that should've stayed buried in time and never seen the light of day again... I wanted to see just whether you'd fallen to it like he did, but I guess you didn't find the basement...going off how you haven't started terrorizing people yet. Good, I wouldn't have had much choice if you had... did the old dragon tell you anything about the guy who was there before you?"

Tres

"He didn't tell me explicitly, but I figured out it was a Rotom. After all, there are barely any Pokemon out there that would put electronics in their houses." Tres said. "I've heard that the Rotom wreaked quite a havoc, but no one has really told me what he really did."

Basement? There was only a flight of stairs leading to the second floor...a secret switch?

Edited by IntSys

Tres

"Tch, A bit of havoc is putting it lightly" Trish scoffed. "They may have seen it as just a prankster spree taken too far, but Tesla was on the way to a full rampage by the time he was stopped. He did some scummy things with those appliances; chasing little grass type kids with the lawn mower, freezing water types with the fridge, damn near killed a few charmanders with the washing machine, even...but what really got him noticed was the oven. Draidon didn't take very kindly when a bookstore around here went up in flames and threatened to take the whole block with it...killed the owner too, in the process, if I recall correctly, and that's more or less what finally got Stratos and his guards involved... Draidon just wanted him dead, or as dead as a ghost type can get, but Strat wanted justice to run it's course. Wasn't long after till Tesla was captured, sealed into a capsule, and dropped off in the middle of nowhere."

She walked past the space duck and to the counter, ducking behind the wooden slab for a moment before reemerging with an polaroid photo... such a thing was an exceedingly rare sight these days, even for one like Tres...though one also had to wonder just how the hell she'd known exactly where it was or that it'd even be here, unless... well, the place was covered in electronics...and she did say she was a treasure hunter...

"They called him a terror and left it at that" She sighed, staring wistfully at the picture as she sat on the counter top. "But... I knew tesla. He wasn't like that, he'd always been a cheeky bastard, sure, but his pranks had never been malicious up till then. It all only started after we found that thing..." Her snout scrunched with a subtle rage as she tossed the thing at Tres. He could see it clear as day, as it landed face up on the floor. It was a picture of her and a Rotom, posing with some human ruins in the background, a sack full of scavenged electronic components by their side... and something else in the bag too... something that seemed to gleam a deep violet.

"I...I should've never let him keep it. That damn rock felt like poison to me, the moment I saw it...but I didn't stop him... that was my first and biggest mistake. My second one was expecting any of the authorities would actually believe me when I started suspecting it was the cause... they didn't see any point trying it my way, trying to find it and take it away from him... no, they just went and put a band aid on a sharpedo bite. Just because you're covering up the wound, doesn't mean it's healed..."

"Well... I guess for now I'm all alone." He paused for a bit then quickly added this before Folie could respond. "B-but I'm sure my parents are going to come back any day now. S-so you don't need to waste your time worrying about me, mister!" He's just been a burden his entire life. He was always being carried to safety by his parents and that eventually led to their deaths. He couldn't imagine how he would feel if he did that to Folie. However, Genis never saw his parents actually die. Though the likeliness of them surviving are slim to none. If his parents could survive all those pokemon, why did they run from them for such a long time? It maybe a blessing in disguise to not witness one's parents die before them.

Tres

Hm, she owns this place. Guess I really walked right into her trap. Tres sighed.

A purple rock...could it have been a Spectracite? Refined Spectracites can be used to expand on a Pokemon's potential, but what about raw ones? Maybe this Tesla was driven mad by the energy...sounds familiar.

"Um, you mentioned about my basement containing some sort of evil entity. Was it the rock that was hidden there?" He asked, interrupting Trish's rush of sadness. "If it helps, I can take you to my house and look for a way to the hidden basement."

Edited by IntSys

Arthur, Some Machamp

"I think you got it all wrong, I ain't no snitch, I'm only doing this because a fat Tyranitar named Mac took my elderly friend's stuff and hid it somewhere in his lair. If this was the orange isles that Armored poke is asking for a butt whooping." Arthur said to the Machamp, pounding his knuckles together. "My name's Arthur, a seafarer from the orange isles and the reason why I need them is for insurance to make sure i get my friend's stuff back safely and perhaps serve some street justice along the way." He said "you're a business man, right? perhaps we could work something out in helping me finding them."
Edited by Ragnar

Sephtis

“Nay, good sir.” He answered, “Five days – six, perhaps, I know not precisely – alone walking in the snow.”

The velleity of the refugees here waned as their hope diminished. The healers around the Bisharp and the rest of the society all wore mixes of despondency, disenchantment, and woebegone even as they carried out their individual tasks, all wearing a mask of lament and forlorn over the situation. It made the atmosphere increasingly difficult for Sephtis to find it appropriate to continue the conversation; every stage needed its finest composite elements to facilitate the best settings, be it from music, lighting and dress, but it was perhaps a necessarily evil in this case. Attempting to brush off the twinge of dissatisfaction that nibbled his mind, his attentions turned to the Bisharp once again.

“I stem from an older origin,” Sephtis had to be admit that his voice was surprisingly varicund for his original tendencies – it was rare that he enjoyed and yearned for conversation such as this, but he tried to keep his introduction discreet and simple. “That of the farther grounds tainted by the corruption. Less a warrior I am in comparison to the many soldiers here – and that of you yourself – but the bitter truth of the outside world is not veiled from these aged eyes, nor a many feud I had found myself spared against them. Outside the people have bruited of this place – a case to triumph I have tried to endure, even during such frigid season -- and that of the final spark of light in the hell out there I have sought to pursue, much like many others before me.”

The Banette ran a clawed finger over his halved visard, before turning again to the Bisharp’s tattered vestiary markings. His hunch had been correct, even if what remained of the cloth would’ve proven trivial in determining that otherwise.

“Heretofore I had traveled for the sake of the very grounds all of us now take refuge in, after the ruination of things….” A ruthful voice escaped the zip-like mouth as he continued, “Yet so different it is from what the outside world has come to say – perhaps a final respite for the vecordious. You sit high amongst these warriors, yes? What do you know of this tragedy?"

Edited by Noir

"Heart Swap" Book Trade

It took a slight moment before anything in the storefront shuffled. Clarice's back office was quite removed so she didn't always hear the service bell, especially not while she was conversing with Barnes. So, the Alakazam had to wait a few moments before one of the two goons running the floor noticed. The one that had was Ricardo. What he was up to prior wasn't really discernible, but he came slinking up to the awaiting customer as far as he knew.

"Ay, welcome to The Heart Swap! You're always one trade away from the heart of another. How can I be of service today? Here for a trade?" he rattled off in his thick accent. He had a grin that beamed ear to ear, to the point it almost felt a bit insincere.

Tres

"The basement is where he kept all the stuff he really cared about..." She confirmed with a nod "Anything we found that he took a liking too, if there's anywhere that rock would be hidden, it's gotta be somewhere down there... only question is where, and how dangerous it'll be to get to. Tesla, he was... a bit paranoid when it came to his stuff. always setting up traps, almost got me killed once or twice down there..."

She got up off the counter, approaching the duck. She was close enough that he could feel the static radiating off her body, looking him directly in the eye with a special type of scrutiny... almost as if she were peering into his mortal soul. Or rather, gazing into whatever equivalent of a soul he might've had.

"I've got no doubt that whatever was in the rock has probably taken over that space by now, if what he said about hearing voices is true... and that will make things all the more worse." She said as she backed off, crossing her arms, seemingly disappointed by whatever she'd found "You're only a Weak Alpha though, I doubt you'll be of much help when things get rough...but whatever, we can cross that bridge later. Take me back to the house, I can show you the path down to the basement...after that, you'd be smart to stay behind me, no matter what happens, got me?"

Genis

"Uh-huh..." Folie muttered, still clearly skeptical with his pursed lips and scrutinizing gaze. He seemed like he wasn't willing to push it much further than he already had then "Well... if you're so sure about that kid... I guess. But look, right now, I don't see em anywhere around, so... if ya need anything, you just go seeking out my name, aight? These streets got plenty of kids on their own, I'm like the guardian angel for em... and that's part of why I wanted Mac dead earlier, it was only a matter of time till some of em got caught up in what he was doing and wound up either dead or in league with him...but that's not important now- you need anything, you come and find me or one of the other orph- er..." He paused for a moment, mulling over the slip of the tongue as he rubbed the back of his head...

Screw it, he's already heard it all "You... just find one of the Orphans, alright? They'll know where I am, and I'll know where they are. You got me on that, Genis?"

This was perhaps the first time he'd actually referred to the orphan by name...come to think of it...

Sephtis

"So you wanna hear about the battle then, eh?" The bisharp sighed, bracing his elbows upon his lap as he shook his head "typical... but fine, I suppose I'll be getting that same question a lot more. Bell Tower. That's where the real carnage happened, Whirl Islands was like a walk in the park after the General electrified the waters... even shadows can't stand such a shock, not when their surrounded by so much salt water, and especially not with an output like his... We cleared the isles like it was nothing once we landed; there was practically nothing left alive in there, burned the shades we ran into and gave the all-good... well, not so good, but at least that wasn't too rough. Even if there were no survivors and the Sea Plate was missing from it's place...and then... it was time to head north. To the ruins of Eckrutek." He paused, looking at the wraith once again, gaze questioning "you sure you wanna hear this story? You already know how bad of an ending it has; things just get pretty ugly from here..."

Arthur

Silence. Silence twas all that fell upon the joint as the very name left Arthur's lips, resounding in the air with a dull ring that sent every mon stopping dead in their tracks, staring right at the Turtle's place at the bar. Even the two fighters in the ring had ceased their brawl, the Blaziken lowering her flaming dukes and the Lucario opposite her letting the raw cloak of aura fade from her body.

"You got a lot of nerve mentioning that name around here, Outlander" The jackal snarled.

"Anyone who so much as mentions that monster's name around here with anything but worship winds up dead, foreigner..." The hell chicken warned in concurrence "It's been that way for a while now, how about you crawl out of here and back to wherever you came from before you have a...similar fate."

"You should listen to them, ya know..." The Machamp said as he continued polishing the mug "The three of us took Macaffey Rhodes headon when he tried to take we're... got our asses handed to us like it was nothing, and we're all fightin' types son. Granted, I still doubt his power is anywhere near as unreal as Folie or Jack or Lemi when they go all out, but still... chances are if you go advertising you want to enlist their aid to beat Mac down, you're gonna end up sleeping with the 'Karps before ya ever find em. That's just the way it is kid, any of us run to Folie or the other Street Lords, we'll end up offed and eaten before we'd ever make it... Now scram. Go home, and don't ever bring Mac up again. It's for ya own good kid, trust me..."

"Eh, utter bullshit." A rather push voice was the one who interjected, coming from the shaded corner near the back of the bar. If Arthur squinted just hard enough, he might've barely seen the flash of an enormous, pearly grin with fangs jagged as daggers, twin pools of crimson peering at him with beady black pupils. The being stood silhouetted amongst the shade, though for the life of him, Arthur was unable to identify a solid form as the outline constantly shifted into wisps and puffs, almost like... the bloke was made of vapor... or something close to it. "Look at you Sully, preaching about how big and bad old Macaffey and his crew was. Kek! Anyone who tattles ends up dead you say, well, that which is already dead can't die again, now can it?"

"What the hell are you getting at, Spec? If you got something to say, spit it out like a mon and stop hiding behind riddles."

"Mac's beaten, Sully. That's right, you all heard me right..." The being emerged from the dark corner, his form seeming to solidify as the sunlight streaming in from the skylight above hit his violet skin, pointed ears and a robust body, stuby arms and legs ending in even stubbier fingers and toes. "Macaffey Rhodes, the Terror of the slums for the past few months, has been beaten! And it's all thanks!" Stubby those his thumbs were, he somehow managed to bend his arms enough to jab them towards himself, face proud as a Pyroar "ME! That's right, I did it, he's gone now, and ya got me to thank!"

The machamp's brow furrowed as he set the mug down with an audible clang, glaring at the phantom "If you expect me to beleive you of all people actually managed to take down that fiend-"

"Hmmm? Who ever said I did it? Oh no, no... all I did was give Folie a bit of a...tip about our scaly friend." The shit eating grin already stretching his ghastly face only seemed to grow wider "He took care of the rest... I watched it all myself, infact. Folie owns these streets now, so... If you'd be so kind as to start passing around a collection hat for my community service, I'd be ever so happy to accept your offerings"

He was so busy boasting and demanding compensation for his rather lackluster deed that the wraith expected nothing when the Mug came flying his way with the force of a bullet fired by some old armament of humanity, nailing him right in the middle of that massively shite-consuming smile and sending him back against the far wall, a noticeably intent there even despite him shifting away from his corporeal state at the last second...

Wherever he had gone, it seemed he was no longer in the building. Good... that was precisely what sully had desired.

"Now where was i before that pathological liar interrupted? Oh, right... get of here kid, you're not gonna find Mac or Folie or anyone else. Not if you value your life, which you should, as rough as these damn streets are."

Clarice and Co.

"Why yes, my good mon," The foxman responded, stroking his stache as he produced a small pouch of coin from his robes "I'm here to pick up a tome for the Loremaster in fact, with the finder's fee prepared in exchange, as is routine of course. Now, where might your employer be? I trust she has it ready, the message did come in quite a while ago, afterall..." He hid his annoyance at that last bit rather well, he did. Not only had the dragon sent him on some menial job like a Page boy, he'd taken his sweet ass time waiting to ask him to do it too...

• Veterans

Basil - Sky Pillar

Scuttling through the winding streets of the enclave took the large scorpion a while. He wasn't as familiar with it as most of the other Pokemon that had taken residence there, being a recent arrival to the island. "Ugh...why does my house have to be so darn far away...." Basil groaned as he walked down the road before turning around, finally seeing the little area that the injured had come to rest after having returned from Johto. Looking around the area, the Drapion attempted to find the familiar shape of the little Spoink that had started living with him, though he was having little luck doing so. "Where could that critter be..." Basil muttered as he scoured the area with his one good eye.

"Yea I understand" Genis replied reluctantly while nodding. 'Orphan huh?' I guess that's what he is now. Genis decided not to dwell on titles for now. Getting sad would just make Folie more concerned than he already is. What intrigued him more was something else he's said.

"Wait, there are others like me? I haven't been around here too long so you and a couple of others are the only people I know." He scratched the back of his head. Maybe he'll make some new friends if he went over to meet them or at least know who to talk to in order to find Folie. This time with genuine excitement and a smile he asked, "Hey Mister, do you think you could take me over to meet some of them?"

"Heart Swap" Book Trade

"So you aren't here to browse my warrrrres. Shame~ Maybe some other time." The cat said playfully feigning offense. He placed hi paw to his chest and everything. Ricardo really did have to make everything a show. "Walk with me I'll take you to the office. I'd prefer you not get lost in our little labyrinth. It's cozy in here, so I guess it'd not be too bad getting trapped forever though. But, Busines comes first!!! Unless you like to mix it with a spot of pleasure. I don't judge." He turned with a bit of flair in his movmeents and then with a flick of his tail he began walking to the back of the store. He wasn't really paying close attention if the Alakazam was following him since he figured he would... if he was really here for the business he stated he was.

"You don't look like one of the usual riff raff Draidon sends on his errands. I find that peculiar. Certainly not one of the scribes... this an errand to important for them, or you get on the big fella's bad side? They say he has quite the knack for grudges. Least, so I've heard. How true that is I don't know."

Sephtis

So their excursion had extended to Johto; one of the harshest waters the soldiers had braved, he knew that -- and allowed a moment's worth of respect and recognition to well within him. The tragedy instead had happened in the historical city of Ecruteak, that of the vivid history Septhis was very familiar of; the once tranquil Ecruteak had since been called a city of tragedy – once many years ago. He could adumbrate it in the exact way the books did, the exact words bit by bit depicted by his parents and trainers in the stories they had given him since his youth-

Two large towers once built – side by side, to the east and to the west -- to foster harmony. Then the unfortunate incident of a lightning bolt struck the eastern tower, leaving it in flames for three days. Many a day had a storm passed in an effort to quell the mysterious and uncontrollable blaze, but failed it had, and the tower had been burned down, its majesty lost in the flames. Three legends had died, albeit resurrected by the rainbow, the guardian of the skies, who had once – and perhaps – still visits and perches upon its own tower. Yet many had missed a glimpse of the Pokemon since then, the resplendent one rumoured to have wandered the lands in search of one with the purest heart; with its own tower destroyed, the guardian of the seas had turned The three revived Pokemon embodied the elements of the tragedy; the lightning that struck the tower, the bitter flames that had engulfed and destroyed it, and the northern harsh storms that had quelled it. With the guardians vanished and departed, the three Pokemon were feared and loathed by all at their emergence -- and knowing that, they fled and speed across the land, in hiding and in roaming....

Had they confronted these legends then? How bad was the situation in Ecruteak? Sephtis did not fear the bleak and macabre of the horrors out there, yet the Bisharp's conspicuously and increasingly disinclined demeanor had spurred him a moment's consideration of the latter's statement. His answer was obvious, however -- Sephtis was a perfectionist, and would not leave a story left hanging around, unfurnished and abandoned like the crooked expression plastered upon the Bisharp's expression like a splintered signboard. Sighed Sephtis did, fighting all rational and sympathetic cogitation that remained inside him; the more he knew, the better. He had come here for that very purpose.

“Better vivid a story than one hung and abstruse, even if one bitter in content, good sir.” He said. “Please – do continue.”

Edited by Noir

Arthur

Arthur observes as the strange fiasco unfolds inside the bar, as some of the pokes fear the mere mention of this Tyranitar's name and some shady Gengar appears out of nowhere and seems to know something about where folie is.

Well that's a start. The rugged turtle thought to himself and is quite reluctant to whether or not to trust this mysterious loony that appears out of the shadows and was, later on, kick out of the club for his unwanted solicitation. But hey, desperate times, right?

So these three fighting pokes didn't stand a chance against this Mac fellow huh? well that one tough son of a bitch, Maybe they didn't think through and charge in like a blind Tauros or something, that hell chicken could at least use some will-o'-wisp to slow that big fellow down. Well at least I know what I'm dealing with right now and I desperately need more allies to guarantee this mission's success and my life for that matter. Those two old coots back at the beach better built me a monument or something if I ever get their stuff back from this crazy mission. Arthur thought to himself.

"So you're saying I should just give up and live in this city in fear knowing that there's a tyrant throwing its weight around here. not what I'm expecting for fighting Pokemon to say. Do you even hear yourself? Am I even talking to a fighting Pokemon anymore?" Arthur got a little frustrated and slams the counter with his stubby arms as he looks at Sully.

"Look I'm sorry, i didn't mean to be rude." He heavily sighed and slowly calms down in front of everyone. "I understand that Tyranitar must did a number on you guys, both physically and mentally to the point that you choose not change how things work around here anymore," he said. "But my mind is set, I'm still continuing my crazy crusade in recruiting allies and hunting down this Mac fellow and get my friend's stuff back and perhaps get your diginity as well, if I'm lucky enough to be alive in my quest." The stubborn seafarer said.

"So, Who was that purple ghost anyways? maybe he knows something where Folie and the other street lords are, and where can I find him? maybe he's crazy enough to join my crazy crusade." Arthur asked.

Tres

"Of course!" Tres's eyes flashed with enthusiasm when Trish mentioned the other stuffs hidden within the basement. Confident in his self-preserving abilities and the Pikachu's confidence, he did not worry about the traps. He gladly lead the way back to his house, and patiently waited for the electric mouse to unveil the path.

Sansa

As Sansa was flying away from the Chikorita and Kadabra, she saw another 'mon come over to interact with them. "Well, probably a good thing I'm getting out of there then" she thought to herself.

As she was thinking about what had just occurred she had just passed over the square again, not exactly paying attention to the going ons below her, moreso stuck in her own head as she continued flying absentmindedly: also not paying attention to where she was flying, which could be a problem due to the fact there was still a large bustle happening in and around the square at that time.

Edited by Swampellow

• 4 weeks later...

Septhtis

"Fine then...suit yourself..." The knight in tattered cloth looked off up to the Lord's spire as he continued, eyes glazing over with recollection as the battle still blazed fresh in his mind...a foul wind stirred in the plaza, the fetid discourse of uncertainty and raw fear tainting once divine concordance....

"there was hardly anything to oppose us in the Whirl Islands. But we'd soon find out the answer why...There was a virtual army awaiting us in Ecruteak. All the dead from the isles, the majority of the inhabitants from the Bell Tower Enclave...they'd all been turned. Just...standing there, waiting for us at the gates. Half our number fell nigh immediately after we entered, the other half... lord Lexington ordered back, regrouped us, formed a phalanx, or at least the closest thing we could...I can't describe it, honestly. You would've had to been there... they... they were unlike any shades we'd ever seen. They didn't fight like mad beasts, like demons thirsty for slaughter... they...actually had a plan. That army wasn't just a mob bounded together by hunger, it was as formidable and disciplined as our own lines...and there, soaring high in the heavens, that infernal, black fire that showered down with such unholy radiance... picked up those who had fallen and made them keep up the fight...

We... there was no way we could win. Lord Lexington, he knew this well enough from the moment we were set upon...I saw why they called him a god slayer in his day and age... why the whirl islands and Bell Tower were so desperate to have him come to their aid. His thunder peirced heaven itself like nothing before seen on this earth... and in that moment, he had become a god himself... a god of lightning and unbridled fury... They fled before us, before his light, and the dark god that was once Ho-oh ascended back into the darkened skies, flying away to Arceus knows where... but not unscathed. Lord Lexington... said this would not be the end... that he wasn't at his fullest wrath... couldn't reach his fullest state without a human by his side... and so the beast that was once Ho-oh escaped with it's life, leaking a trail ichor and Azoth until it finally disappeared, it's armies withered and dispersed, and we took the break in their assualt to turn right around and flee home as fast we could.

There were three hundred of us when we left, traveller. When we got back this morn, there was barely thirty or forty..."

"Mars..." A stern and weathered voice like gravel swept into a riptide interrupted the story just as he finished.. before them stood a mammoth of a Swampert, easily towering the two with his immense physique, rippling muscle from head to tail fin, eyes gleaming like old amber pieces under the light of a museum display. Like the Bisharp, he too wore the coat of an Officer... or what was left of it. He ignored Sephtis nigh entirely as he crept closer to his colleague. "The council of Lords is meeting... they request all surviving officers come and give testimony..."

He raised a brow at that, glancing at sephtis for just a moment "Oh? And why would they need us? Surely lord Lexington's word proceeds him in this..."

"It does." The swampert said, rather short about it "Which is why we're being summoned. Lord General wishes to... impart the magnitude of the true situation onto the other lords... specifically Draidon. He believes it impossible that the Shades have so drastically changed their tune and march after all these decades... Lord Lexington thinks that multiple witnesses will prove sufficient enough evidence for the old lizard. What's the issue, you were already busy disclosing classified intelligence to this..." He acknowledged the wraith with his gaze for the first time, disdain clear on his fishy mug... "civilian, let's say. Now come disclose it to those you're supposed to... cause at this point, I think he honestly might be pushed far enough to consider having heads roll for insubordination."

"Aye, fine, fine..." Mars turned to Sephtis. "Well, seems I'm needed elsewhere. Not that it matters much, I trust what I gave you was enough of an answer."

With that, he stood and left the two, armor creaking and clanking as armored boots hit cobbled stone. The swampert too went to leave, glancing at Sephtis as he brushed pass, leaning down close to what would've qualified as the ghost ear "I don't know what he exactly told you, but you've likely already heard enough to know how fucked we are. You're a ghost, you'll be able to resist the shade a bit better then us fleshies... take heed, traveller, leave this place while you still can... find more like you, your kind is the best hope this world has at this point by my reckoning... the rest of us are getting fed to the dogs."

And with that, he was gone into the crowd, doubtless intent on searching for the remaining officers.

Tres

She glared at some of the stones in the far wall, head on a swivel... it was rather obvious she had probably not been here for some time, given how she sniffed around the masonry... no doubt trying to find her own scent from long ago. Finally though, she took a step back, confidence in her stride as she surged forward and struck a stone looking nigh identical to all the others with a tail of glowing iron...

Rather than a click and mechanical were as one might expect from a secret door though... the entire portion of wall simply collapsed before her, dust and shattered stone creating a hole easily large enough for a mon twice her and Tres's size to enter. She gave a glance over her shoulder before venturing into the great beyond of the dark space...

"Screw it, I can't find the exact spot... Aut inveniam viam aut faciam"

With that strange utterance of the holy tongue of the church, her body began to emit a pulsating light as spectra flowed through her internal structure freely in the form of lightning, acting as a walking torch in the pitch black undercroft...

"Well come on! What the hell are ya waiting for? You want to get rid of this damn thing or not?" Honestly, it was high likely he could've said no and she would've kept going regardless... but why leave anything to chance?

Basil

The scorpion caught just the briefest of purple fur fading through the crowd as he searched, though the moment he carried his gaze to try and find it again, all he saw was a pair of Grumpigs talking to a Spoink as the youngster bounced about... one purple as was traditional for his kind, the other a deep golden...

Arthur...

Sully glared at him for a bit as he took to drying another glass. For a moment, a few of the patrons thought he'd wind up another Fling into Arthur's face... but eventually he just sighed, slamming the mug down on the counter infront of the turtle. The next moment the glass was filled with a frothy brew...

"Fuck it, if you're so intent on dying, not much we can do to stop you." he grumbled. "Take a drink on the house, deadman... you're noble, but damn if you aren't stupid... whatever, noble idiots like you earn at least penance I guess. The ghost I just evicted, his name is Spec, short for spector or some dumb crap like that. He's been haunting these parts since gods know how far back, and he's been annoying the piss out of me for just about as long. Always claiming to know something big or have dirt on someone, demanding my patrons cough up their coin to hear whatever bullshit tale he's spinning... he's kinda like a bard from back during the old human days, if bards were shitty little conmen with no real talent behind what they did. I doubt there's any truth behind what he's saying, just as there hasn't been any of the other times, like when he claimed to have defeated Strat in single combat during the middle of a thunder storm as the entirety of the bay district looked on... needless to say, he figured out it was a bad fucking idea to go lying about defeating a dragon in battle when a few guards overheard him and uh... took him to verify the story out in the back alley... but that's neither here nor there. If you want to find him, he can't have gotten that far. Behind that wall I sent him through is the same back alley I mentioned just now, head outside and circle around the joint... he's probably lying sprawled in the dirt, knocked the fuck out like the bull-faced liar he is. Just like how I prefer my ghost types..."

Folie

"Huh?" He looked at the boy with a bit of surprise at the sudden request. He shrugged and gave a whistle not long after though... and down from the skies flapped a tiny tailow, coming in to land on one of the meager structures of the house...

"You called, boss?" She asked, tweeting

"Yeah, and we've gone over this Ace, don't call me boss."

"But... that's what you are... this big boss, the number one, top dog, even Strat would listen to you if you beat the piss out of him-"

"Hey, enough of that." He said bluntly "There's no need for that talk, so long as him and the guards are at least trying to keep the place safe and the people alive, I've got no quarrel with em... for now. But I didn't call you here for a Versus talk, this here-" He pointed a stubby paw to Genis "Is Genis. I want ya to show him to where some of the others are, give him an idea of who to go to if he needs something, alright?"

"Ohhhhhhhh~" She cooed, flaping over and landing on the wolverine cub's head and peering down into his face "Well, looks like you're the newest orphan, welcome to club friend~ Boss is really to good to us, you'll like it here, I guarantee-"

"Don't call me boss..."

"Fine...Big Boss..."

"Oh screw it..." the bear muttered beneath his breath. "Look, you two get a move on, alright? There's a lot of folks for ya to meet Genis... and remember, anyone gives you two trouble, there's only one bear who own's these streets. He don't take kindly to those who mess with his charges..."

"Yeah, yeah, sure Big Boss" she took off again, soaring out of the makeshift doorway of the shelter "Come on, I'm not gonna hold back for you to lollygag!"

Sansa, Cinder (and jory... he's officially gone Mia and I can't get in contact, so... gonna remedy this only way I can)

The rush of fire and smoke was barely catchable as she found herself tumbing out of the sky, a loud and surely curse echoing in the open air as whatever struck her also found itself out of control... unlike the young feasant though, whatever this mass of burning feathers and speed was, it had quite a bit of experience under it's belt, righting out within just moments and returning to his previous altitude as he peered down at the clumsy child...

The world spun as she came to... something groaned in pain beneath her, perhaps some innocent bystander...

if she looked down, she would've seen none other than poppy crumbled under her weight, old cold from the force of impact, with Cinder left to stand and watch in shock just feet away from the sudden shift in the scene. Truly... it was a fierce collision in the air, to have sent her back so far... and the Talonflame was descending towards her even now.

"Aye, who the hell taught ya how to fly, lass?" he asked, indignant... "look at what ya did, that poor grass type's gonna be seeing stars and feeling a migraine for a week thanks to you! Ya gotta pay attention up there, there are folks on important business, you fly with your head in the clouds, and you're gonna mess up something big!"

Poppy Status- Fainted

Clarice and Employees...

"Honestly, I'm as curious as you..." He muttered beneath his breath "He said something about the Council of Lords being called together... then told me to come and pick up this tome. Quite some gall really, given I'm supposed to be one of those in attendance under him... but fine, I suppose whatever it was, it had to be something of relatively high importance if he'd send me here instead of take me with him... Do confirm for me though, the text in question has something regarding the Weather Lord's servants, correct? the Overseers of Storm, Sky, and Land?"

Sky Pillar Enclave, Sky Spire Summit, the Council of Lords...

Numerous mons stood ringed around the circular space before the Sky Lord's form, makeshift chairs established in a circle. None other than Stratos hovered by his side, the look on his face equally as tired as the arguments of the old Lizard Librarian and the God Slayer persisted long past the point of reasonable constraints...

"Open your eyes, you old fool, my men fell to soldiers, not beasts! We're in greater danger than anyone could've ever fathomed before!"

"You've had command for far too long, God Slayer... if you think the chaotic frenzy and bloodlust of the shades qualifies for genuine tactics and skilled organization- we have all seen and fought those things in our own time. We all know how they operate, their fury and unbridled savagery that carries universally through them all..."

"Well times have changed you damn book keeper, I know what I saw, I know what nearly got this army destroyed and left this Enclave offenseless... besides, who the fuck are you to dare question my judgement of the battle; I was killing false gods and terrorist while you were fighting trainers to give out shiny peices of worthless metal to!"

"Fool, you were doing the exact same thing for over a decade in a half before the fall! Do not wave your experience as a badge of superiority before me! I've studied these damn things inside and out, dissected their corpses, had my aids prob their minds, seen the madness that lies within... Lexington, you may be sure you saw something akin to an army out there, and I do not doubt you genuinely believe your own perception... but you are still wrong. Those who fall to the shade have no reason left. Their hearts are closed, their souls sullied and twisted by darkness... for them to form an organized, rank and file fighting force... it is impossible, just as impossible as it is for a rabid beast to stop and discuss philosophy with it's victim before it mauls them to death!

"E N O U G H!" the voice resounded as a sonic boom throughout the open air, the sky whirling into a tempest at the very utterance. The air became heavy, choking as the two persisted, though Draidon was far more effected by the change in pressure than Lexington, the old general simply glaring up at his lord. "You squabble like younglings... were this the true behaviour of my Lords, I'd have never appointed you to begin with. End this, both of you. Draidon, your knowledge and advisement has proven invaluable to this Enclave's survival and stability over the years, no one dares question that here... but Lexington's reputation proceeds him, even in old age. He is absolutely certain in his account, and even without his Officers hear to swear to oath and give their own testimony, I find this reason enough to believe him. Perhaps you are not wrong, perhaps, on their own, it truly is impossible for Shades to collaborate and form rank and file... but then, we must ask ourselves... who is to say they are on their own?"

"My lord, you can't possibly be dragging that dead Rapidash out of it's grave..." the lore master muttered... "We've tried to explore it time and time again, and every trial, either nothing yielded, or simply a disaster for the exhibition team!"

"Just because we have not found evidence yet..." It was the Champion who spoke, voice like gravel... "Does not mean the possibility cannot exist. Saying there is not some force driving them from behind a curtain just because we cannot see it, does not mean it is impossible to be there at all. We cannot see the atoms and molecules that make up the air, and yet, we still know they exists, for it was made clear to us once the means to see what could not previously be were acquired... who is to say this is not like then? That we do not simply lack the means to see clearly?"

The old lizard had no answer.

"Lord Lexington said the plate in Whirl Island was gone, correct?"

"Aye," Lexington nodded "It was... and I'm fairly certain I know where they put it... the bastards have truly gotten clever, however they managed it... that was a trap, in hindsight...a brilliantly laid one."

"My lord, could you not use the plates yourself, if only they were gathered? You are... one of the eldest, afterall..."

Azauqyar thought on it...then turned to Draidon...

"The map. Bring me the latest rendition of the world map... actually, no, to hell with it, bring me ALL the maps we have on the outside world... and many of your scribes too, this will be too large a task for even you to handle alone in any timely manner..."