Who is your favorite villain in Pokemon Reborn?

JoshMck

So, my question to ALL of you is, who is your favorite Villain?

It can be because of difficulty, it can be design, it can be team wise, personality wise etc.

The villain doesn't have to be PART of Team Meteor. Referring to El, etc.

My favorite villain would probably be.. Taka. Taka because he's not entirely a BAD guy. He's just part of a family that has BAD people. He seems swayed in the wrong direction and doesn't know what to do with himself. On top of that, I think it was his Chatot that let me out of the Nuzleaf trap so yup. He's great. I hope he doesn't die or something. He has a lot of potential that he doesn't realize.

I think my second favourite antagonist character has got to be Solaris.

I enjoy the way he is written, how he seems to truly believe that the end justifies the means, that his goals are worth what he's doing, and how he comes across as someone who genuinely thinks that he is working for the greater good.

I guess villains who go to great lengths to ensure their own profit are neat, but I am fascinated much more by the ones who do atrocious things because they think it benefits the people.

Solaris is intelligent and efficient, and he thinks to know that he's more intelligent and capable than you. And way more knowledgeable, of course. You uneducated fools. You would so totally be on his side if you actually knew what's going on. Clearly, you're only against Meteor because you lack the necessary understanding to join them.

...Yeah.

I enjoy his appearances in the game. He's interesting. I also really don't want him to die. But who am I kidding, I know what happens when I wish a character won't die.

As for who I like best? Yeah let's just pretend anybody would still ask me that at this point :')

She may have only had a single on screen appearance, but I'm interested in Lin. Part of it is due to her air of mystery. She's strongly implied to come from Sigmund's orphanage, but we don't know how she got to leading Team Meteor or even what her deal is. All we know is that she's supposed to be really freakin' dangerous.

Her profile on the defunct gym leader roster is grayed out, but she's supposed to be a Dragon-type trainer. Not only are Dragon-types generally the strongest Pokemon available, her quotes and demeanor have her obsessed with power. She's the leader of Team Meteor who scares her subordinates shitless, including Solaris, who if you recall once destroyed you with his level 75 Garchomp (or at least that's what the game intends...)

Because of the mystery and what kind of unholy power she possesses, Lin manages to be subtly chilling. And honestly? I do not want to fight her. Holy shit, I am dreading when we have to fight her. Her ace is a Hydreigon! I'm already dreading fighting Saphira. You think I wanna see how badly Lin will wreck me?

I don't know Solaris seems a bit plain to me, and never stood out much besides that one Garchomp boss fight.

I much prefer Sigmund as a villain. He's got everything.

- Evil gloating: Check.

- Monologues explaining his motives: Check.

- Has an aura that makes me want to punch his teeth out: Check!

Oh my oh my. Now, that's something I can talk about. You see, no matter what show, game, book or whatever else I get into, villains end up being on top of my favorite characters list, and honestly, I dont know why I never asked this question myself.

Now, speaking of Reborn, I can't really pick just one character. You see, first of all, we've got Fern. Yes, I'm one of those few people who actually like this guy. He didn't really started as a villain, but we sure can consider him as one now. I can't really explain why I like him so much, but apparently he fits that one certain type of character I'm weak for: egocentric jerk with unbelievably high, even too high, self-esteem. There's also the fact, that he's not completly rotten inside, since in E15 we can see how much Florinias attitude towards him (and pretty much everything and everyone else) really bothers him. That being said, let me sit here and wait patiently for Fern's redemption arc.

Next, we've got Doctor Sigmunt Connal. Now, theres something Ama mentioned a couple posts above, explaining why he sympathises with Solaris, and thats the exact same reason why I like Connal so much. Even if his actions are more than questionable, he genuinely believes that what he does is the right thing to do. Still, some research is necessary to find out his reasons, since it's not mentioned in the main plot. Also, he somehow reminds me of Kotomine Kirei from Fate series and don't even make me star talking about how much I love this guy.

Finaly, ther's Blake. Not sure if it's intentional or not, but this guy shows so many psychopathic traits that, as someone who's studying forensic psychology, I simply can't not be interested in him. Seriously, analyzing his behavior is just too much fun. Plus, his lines can really be hilarious sometimes. "I've got things to do, people to meet, worlds to end. You know, typical Sunday"

I should also mention Taka here, but to be honest, I can't really see him as a villain.

• Global Mods

I don't personally consider Terra a villain (more of a chaotic neutral, possibly chaotic good going by some theories) so

Character wise, Taka is the one I like the most. There have been villains in Pokemon before who genuinely believed they were doing the right thing, but Taka disagrees with Team Meteor, is only there because he's stuck there, and actually helps the player in defeating them, a dilemma that hasn't been done before in the main series, and I think it's pulled off well.

In terms of whose future I'm most interested in, it'd be ZEL. Will they unfuse? If they do, what will they do with their individual lives after? If not, then how will they feel and what will they be doing at the end?

In the E16 status thread, Ame posted a picture of relationship variables she's done so far a while back, and three names were blurred out. Foamy guessed that those names were Lumi, Eve, and Taka iirc. If that's true, then that's a strong indication of them separating like I hope they will. It would be neat to be able to battle each one of their full teams (assuming they have Pokemon besides just their Eeveelution).

Taka, because I always go for the sympathetic villains, and I really like his story of being forced into villainy despite not believing in it at all. While he comes off as mildly pathetic at some points, he creates a lot of contrast with the rest of team meteor and I can see him breaking out of his villainy one day.

I don't really see Taka as a villain, just like I don't see Eclipse as a one. To me, Saphira and Titania are villains simple due to how many people they've murdered. Taka on the other hand has repeatedly helped the main character and has been a foil to Team Meteor's plans.

Many of the people in Reborn aren't really villains, even the conventional ones like Sigmund, Solaris and Elias aren't villains since they're acting on what they perceive to be noble ideals.

Edited by Tartar

I don't really see Taka as a villain, just like I don't see Eclipse as a villain. To me, Saphira and Titania are more villains than Taka, they've both done more "evil" deeds than him.

While they are more personally violent, I disagree with the concept of them doing more evil than him. While he is a nice guy who doesn't agree with his actions, he still is leading a team with the aim of destroying an entire city, probably killing the people, and even though he knows it is wrong, he refuses to leave.

I'd agree that Eclipse isn't really a villain though, as she realised what they were doing was wrong and risked her life for it.

While I will admit Eclipse and Aster are my favorite Meteors, my vote goes for Solaris.

This guy is indeed an interesting villian, to me anyway. What I do like about him, is that he doesn't doubt himself. He truly believes that what he does to Reborn and the people in it is the right thing. I've always liked this kind of villian more, because they feel more real.

One scene with him made me love him as a villian, which is the one where he tries to kill the MC. This proves that he early on knew that the MC was a threat (or an annoyance, as he calls us). I'm guessing that ever since that scene, he is still mad about Amaria saving the MC. He has destroyed Reborn, killed several people, but he has also failed to chrush that one little hope Reborn has: us, the MC.

Although I wish the battle inside Amarias home wasn't together with Florina, I still can live with it.

It's a tie between Terra and Solaris.

Terra because of her spunk and shade of mystery, and Solaris for his cold, analytical, disposition towards a goal.

I wish we could find a way to make Terra redeem herself to be honest, if she wasn't dead after that incident.