Yoyoyoyoyoyo. So! Here's a cool question. What's a trainer class that has never appeared in the main games, but should? Write what you think below.

I, for one, suggest a Cosplayer trainer class. They'd specialize in electric and fairy types, and as for what they're cosplaying as... IDK you can't really have Hatsune Miku running around in Kanto fighting people 'cause copyright, so how about pokemon? Picture a young girl sporting a skitty costume, complete with ears, a tail made from tinfoil and an outfit made to resemble the thing. Yeah.

it's not like i'm designing characters for something rn shhh

Maybe Cable Workers, They could use Electric and Normal types, since cable layers often use rodents and such to pull cables through pipes.

Maybe even Pokemon Wranglers, they'd use pokemon good at trapping other pokemon in order to catch uninvited pokemon in cities.

Ooh, wait a minute, sorry for posting this separate from the other one, i'm new here.

But what about a Saboteur? They'd use dark-types as well as pokemon suited for corporate espionage!

I'd like to see a Writer class in Pokemon. I'm not sure what they could use, but it might be interesting if they somehow write about your exploits in some way, like the News Team in Ruby and Sapphire.

Gamers. They're chubby, geeking looking dudes with glasses and beards holding a 3DS in one hand and a pokeball in the other, wearing a Gamefreak logo shirt. They would use the porygon line, bug types(since many gamers like exploiting glitches) and electric types(to keep their 3DS charged). Or you can go meta and have them use smogon-esque movesets on their pokemon.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

• Global Mods

Here are some I've thought of (a few of which appear in my own game):

Firefighter: Use Water, Rock, and Ground types, since those are the types Fire is weak to.

Hippie: Use Grass and Bug types, and are fond of the mushroom Pokemon (Paras, Shroomish, and Foonguss). I guess they could also use Bonsly and Sudowoodo, since they resemble trees and hippies are sometimes called tree huggers.

Mermaid: Use Water type Pokemon. They'd probably primarily use Pokemon that live in water as opposed to Water types that can found on land like Marill and Azumarill.

Centaur: Use equestrian Pokemon like Ponyta and Blitzle.

Noble: Actual royalty, as opposed to rich boys and ladies who are children of successful businessmen/businesswomen. They use Pokemon with "king" and "queen" in their name, Carbink because diamonds, etc.

Lumberjack: Use Pokemon with claws/other sharp cutting/slashing appendages like Scyther, and also Ursaring.

Extraterrestrial: Use Psychic and Ghost (and maybe a few Bug and Fairy) types. Are fond of Elgyem and Beheeyem.

Archaeologist: Use fossil Pokemon.

Politician: Use Dark types and are fond of Liepard

I had the idea of a Bard, or Storyteller class awhile back. They'd probably be dressed extravagantly to catch people's eye, and use pokemon in legends or stories to better tell their tales. (And maybe some music related ones, in the Bard's case).

Edited by DragonMasterKrim

Knight/Guardsmen:

A trainer-class from ancient times (maybe used in a time-travel scenario or a castle-like gym) uses:

Steel [because of Armor, and Honedge-line as a signature]

Dragon [because Knights slay dragons]

Fairy [because of brave-knights in fairy tales]

Kitsune [Fox-spirit]:

A Ninetales in disguise... uses:

Fox-like Pokemon [Vulpix-line, Fennekin-line, Eevee-line to some degree for type-variaton]

Eevee-lutioner:

An Eevee-loving trainer class, uses:

Eeveelutions

Merchant:

A trainer class that is all about that sweet, sweet money, and other valuables uses:

Pokemon with some kind of high-value depicted to them - Meowth for Payday, Clamperl for it's peal, Carbink/Sableye for the diamonds

- would grant a high amount of prize money OR give a high-vluable item after defeat, like a Nugget or big pearl

The Alola Region would be featuring vehicles once it is released, so I guess a Driver class would be created. I see them using ground and or rock-type Pokemon which represents the road and also Klefki because of car keys.

And where there are cars, there are Mechanics, who utilize steel, fire, and electric-type Pokemon.

Also, Car Wash Boys (and Girls) might come in handy if there are would be plenty of vehicles to clean, so you could see them using water Pokemon for obvious reasons.

Since it's based on Hawaii, the locals might still settle as tribes to preserve their cultural heritage in certain areas so a Tribe Leader and their Tribesmen might just be found in such a game. They'll be using grass, rock, fire, and occasionally water-type Pokemon since such a traditional theme is closely associated to nature.

I agree that we should have Ice Cream Vendors in that place. Since Alola is a tropical region, it is bound to be hot. Children can buy anytime they want but for registered trainers, you must defeat them before they could sell you the goods. :3

• Global Mods

The Alola Region would be featuring vehicles once it is released, so I guess a Driver class would be created.

There's actually a Driver class in XY. If you don't have enough money to pay the drivers in Lumiose City to take you somewhere, they challenge you to a battle and offer enough prize money to pay for the fee.

Maybe Cable Workers, They could use Electric and Normal types, since cable layers often use rodents and such to pull cables through pipes.

There were electricians laying down cables in gen 1 and they used voltorb and magnemite in battles. maybe they can bring 'em back. Also, pikachu are known to chew into electric wiring to juice up.

I know we've had swimmers and stuff, but how about Extreme Surfers? They only roll with surfing Ryhdons and Pikachus. Because Game Freak logic.

Y'all come up with a buncha things that don't even sound legit or would have no chance to ever be a pokemon class , and other things that are kinda already in the game but with different names

I think we might actually see firefighters in SM, I mean, one of the concept artworks featured a fire truck with a blastoise on it, so maybe..

Edited by Masquerain

Lumberjacks: Using mainly Pokemon found by headbutting trees

I was looking up trainer classes, and I was surprised by how many have already been done. It was hard to find any that were logical that hadn't already been made.

Maybe for a fan-game, there could be a drunkard class? I don't know if it has been done yet.

Edited by Strider

Siamese twin: can only use multiheaded pokemon.

Romanticus/Poet: can only use cheesy/cliche date related pokemon like roselia/roserade/luvdisc/... .

Tryhard: can only use prev gen meta mon/builds.

Weeb: can only use waifu material like lopunny/gardevoir.

genwunner: can only use gen 1 pokemon .