• Psychic
    • Bug
    • Steel
    • Rock
    • Dragon
    • Fairy
    • Electric

I am curious actually c:

Mine is Rock for real, sure it is a kinda of earth at rpgs, but we have ground which could be a substitute.

The first time i saw it was in the anime I though "Brock lost so easily, I definitely could do better".~~so many strategies :)~~

Even the designs and backstories are so unique, heck from a plant to a dinosaur and sea cratures? How to not like it?btw most dex's entries are based around strength and pride...Man I love it

Also, we even have a weather on our favor for sheer badassness ~~not sure if this word exist but this is how I feel (:~~

*EDIT* Grass and ice gets some honorable mentions, because they always have place on my team :)

Edited by LeMarkyNoob

• Global Mods

I think it'd be better if the poll was multiple choice since some people have a few favorite types. For me it's currently a four way tie between Electric, Fairy, Water, and Psychic.

Electric has my favorite Pokemon, Ampharos. Besides that I guess they're mostly my favorite types for aesthetic reasons.

I think it'd be better if the poll was multiple choice since some people have a few favorite types. For me it's currently a four way tie between Electric, Fairy, Water, and Psychic.

Electric has my favorite Pokemon, Ampharos. Besides that I guess they're mostly my favorite types for aesthetic reasons.

Thanks for the advice, people should be able to vote now :)

Overall I'd say grass and steel are mine, grass because Sceptile is my favorite pokemon and I generally like the starter pokemon of the type, steel because I like a lot of pokemon who are a least part steel(Lucario Metagross Scizor Aggron Ferrothorn Bisharp, the list goes on and on and on).

My favorite type is Poison. Not only does my favorite Pokemon have that type (Spinarak), it's so much fun to poison your enemies and you have a variety of battle strategy options. Wanna set up Toxic Spikes? Done. Wanna take advantage of the Toxic Orb? Done. Wanna stall out opponents while Poison slowly drains their HP? Done. What can't you do with Poison (aside from affecting steel-types and other Poison-types, of course)?

Grass types are my favorite.

It is because I just love walking in forests and I adore flowers. However, one simply does not threaten nature, as it is shown time after time that Mother Nature can wreck us.

Also, I just love how the main design concept of grass types are flowers and plants. They just look soooo beautiful.

Also, my favorite grass type (and favorite Pokémon of all time) is Leafeon: which IMO has the best design of any Pokémon out there.

My favorite type is Poison. Not only does my favorite Pokemon have that type (Spinarak), it's so much fun to poison your enemies and you have a variety of battle strategy options. Wanna set up Toxic Spikes? Done. Wanna take advantage of the Toxic Orb? Done. Wanna stall out opponents while Poison slowly drains their HP? Done. What can't you do with Poison (aside from affecting steel-types and other Poison-types, of course)?

Ninja style is definitely the most badass out there :v

Grass types are my favorite.

It is because I just love walking in forests and I adore flowers. However, one simply does not threaten nature, as it is shown time after time that Mother Nature can wreck us.

Also, I just love how the main design concept of grass types are flowers and plants. They just look soooo beautiful.

Also, my favorite grass type (and favorite Pokémon of all time) is Leafeon: which IMO has the best design of any Pokémon out there.

Yeah, Brute force isn't everything everytime

I'll have to go with Ghost. Some of my all-time favorites are Ghosts, like Aegislash and Spiritomb.

If I had to pick a second-favorite, that'd be Normal. I wasn't too fond of them first, but the bulkiness and large movepools won me over.

My favorites are Fire, Ice, and Psychic.

Besides aesthetic, I guess I like them because of how strong they can be to take foes out. My battle style is speed and insta-KO so yeah.

Plus, two of my favorite Pokemon, Glaceon and Ninetales, belong to Fire and Ice.

Edited by deathoftheflame

Gourgeist is ghost type. Sableye is ghost type. Gengar is ghost type. Golurk is ghost type. Mismagius is ghost type. Chandelure is ghost type. Aegislash is ghost type. Spiritomb is ghost type. Shedinja is ghost type. Lunala is ghost type.

Do you see the same pattern that I see? #GhostType

Fighting, poison, and flying.

I like fighting because many of them are clever takes on real life fighting styles and rely on mastering actual technique(though it helps they usually have super-level physical prowess as well) as opposed to just farting out fireballs or vomitting lasers. Plus they seem like they'd be really cool to see in action since their moves tend to have a lot of oopmh to them on impact. They're the DBZ fighters of pokemon, and that's awesome. My favorite fighting types are probably Megalopunny, Infernape, Mienshao, Scrafty, and (Mega)lucario,

Poison I grew to like admittedly because for the longest time it was quite an underappreciated type. Many of the pokemon weren't too cute, it stunk offensively(sometimes literally), there wasn't a lot of powerful poison moves, and it seemed cowardly compared to just blasting your opponent with fire or whatever. But I felt like defensively it was always solid enough and with a mix of patience and cleverness, you could end up doing some fine work with them. 4th gen is where I started to gain a bigger appreciation for poison due to toxicroak and drapion mainly, then gen 5 added scolipede(garbador too) and I figured that hey, I can finally make a poison monotype team with pokemon I all like. But gen 6 is what set poison from being a type I liked to one I loved, as it got some very nice buffs in the fairy factor as well as 3 megas, all of which are good(and one that's VERY good). Toxic spikes is also a really cool move and poison is the one type that's only gotten better and better as the game has evolved, something that can't be said for every type. My favorite poison types are Drapion, Scolipede, Gengar, Crobat,and Nidoking.

Flying has recently taken over steel as my 3rd favorite type. Now I always liked flying but found them a bit boring since fly was what I'd alwas end up using in the main games. But after playing a monotype flying run in reborn my love for the type grew and I've found myself loving the supportive potential of flying types with tailwind and defog plus roost allowing more defensive fliers to last quite a long time in battle. The diversity in flying types I feel is second to none and keeps flying monoruns from ever feeling too limited(though I suppose they do end up easier as a result). They also sport some very powerful pokemon, including some of the strongest ubers. On another note, Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite games of all time and flying is a pokemon type that alludes perfectly to the game, so that's a plus too. My favorite flying types are Staraptor, Sigilyph, Gliscor, Togekiss, and Emolga.

I have to go with a tie between flying and water, I just love everything about those types. Also 2 of the best/most useful moves are of that type: Scald and Defog. Then of course in-game there is also Surf and Fly.

Gourgeist is ghost type. Sableye is ghost type. Gengar is ghost type. Golurk is ghost type. Mismagius is ghost type. Chandelure is ghost type. Aegislash is ghost type. Spiritomb is ghost type. Shedinja is ghost type. Lunala is ghost type.

Do you see the same pattern that I see? #GhostType

Also, Fly on a golurk is just one of the coolest thing ever

Fighting, poison, and flying.

I like fighting because many of them are clever takes on real life fighting styles and rely on mastering actual technique(though it helps they usually have super-level physical prowess as well) as opposed to just farting out fireballs or vomitting lasers. Plus they seem like they'd be really cool to see in action since their moves tend to have a lot of oopmh to them on impact. They're the DBZ fighters of pokemon, and that's awesome. My favorite fighting types are probably Megalopunny, Infernape, Mienshao, Scrafty, and (Mega)lucario,

Poison I grew to like admittedly because for the longest time it was quite an underappreciated type. Many of the pokemon weren't too cute, it stunk offensively(sometimes literally), there wasn't a lot of powerful poison moves, and it seemed cowardly compared to just blasting your opponent with fire or whatever. But I felt like defensively it was always solid enough and with a mix of patience and cleverness, you could end up doing some fine work with them. 4th gen is where I started to gain a bigger appreciation for poison due to toxicroak and drapion mainly, then gen 5 added scolipede(garbador too) and I figured that hey, I can finally make a poison monotype team with pokemon I all like. But gen 6 is what set poison from being a type I liked to one I loved, as it got some very nice buffs in the fairy factor as well as 3 megas, all of which are good(and one that's VERY good). Toxic spikes is also a really cool move and poison is the one type that's only gotten better and better as the game has evolved, something that can't be said for every type. My favorite poison types are Drapion, Scolipede, Gengar, Crobat,and Nidoking.

Flying has recently taken over steel as my 3rd favorite type. Now I always liked flying but found them a bit boring since fly was what I'd alwas end up using in the main games. But after playing a monotype flying run in reborn my love for the type grew and I've found myself loving the supportive potential of flying types with tailwind and defog plus roost allowing more defensive fliers to last quite a long time in battle. The diversity in flying types I feel is second to none and keeps flying monoruns from ever feeling too limited(though I suppose they do end up easier as a result). They also sport some very powerful pokemon, including some of the strongest ubers. On another note, Skies of Arcadia is one of my favorite games of all time and flying is a pokemon type that alludes perfectly to the game, so that's a plus too. My favorite flying types are Staraptor, Sigilyph, Gliscor, Togekiss, and Emolga.

Yeah, most fighting types were based on real fighters ~ahem hitmonchan, lee and top my favorites also~ Plus they were mean't to hit hard and without mercy i guess...basically everyone need a fighting type on their team

Poison was not mean't to be cute, but the intoxicate your enemy thing is just soooo..*heavy breath* awesome

Flying in quite simple, "It's just a bird thing" DON'T SAY THAT!! one of the most complex and hardest monotypes to master in my opinion , also the most rewarding mono :)

I'm gonna go with fairy because I really like most fairy pokemon and I like the types it is super effective against.

Yeah, fairy may be new but has a strong style/competitive potential ~~ahem granbull~~

Edited by Jericho

Water was actually a favorite of mine back in the day but gen 4 kind of changed everything for me. In fact fighting and poison were two of my least favorite types before gen 4.

Fairy is pretty nice though. I love it for it checking dragon and buffing poison/steel offensively but I don't like what it did to fighting, as it's made scrafty drop kind of hard.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex