Who Deserves an Evolution ?

NickCrash

With Sun and Moon being at the door, it's high time we discussed which pokemon we'd love to see have an evolution.

Bring all your imagination, and tell us which pokemon, from which gen deserves an evolution, and what will that be.

You can go as creative as you please. We should not discuss about Mega evolutions, since that's a completely different topic.

Feel free to post your creations in full detail, even provide pictures for it (if you can draw or find something that's close to what you had in mind), or simply say which pokemon you'd like to see evolve, how, what type/ability/stats/moves it will get and don't forget to tell us why !

Notes:

1) All pokemon with 1 or 2 stages are viable.

2) No, sadly we cannot pretend baby pokemon never existed.

3) Unowns are off limits.

4) NOT MEGAS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a practical way of improving certain lines, without being limited to use one of them each time.. A Mega Evolution helps improve even pokemon of a 3rd stage, which is against the rules of normal evolution. There are instances like Farfetch'd that will be forgot if not given an evolution, because even if they are given a mega, there will be enough options to disregard the duck and use something else.

A normal evolution helps use the pokemon in many different scenarios and allows it to use an item, thus opening for diversity. For a company that's trying to balance the competitive part of the game the past few gens, being limited to megas is... essentially limiting the whole game. I personally do not believe they will take actions that block their own game's potential.

Another reason I believe they will provide us with evos for pokemon debuting in previous gens is the whole "milestone" celebration, and the fact that -in terms of backwards compatibility- they are trying to link all gens. What better method to 'link' them than provide us with new evos, that are not necessarily megas? The fanbase is craving for them, and I don't think they will miss the chance.

Jynx deserves an evolution with a much better design! I also though it was a part of a trio with Magmar and Electubuzz, who got cool evolutions in gen 4.

Mightyena is also a good candidate to get an evolution since its stats are mediocore.

Eevee definetely needs the dragon type evolution to pair with Sylveon.

I can also see Dedenne getting an evolution, but there is no way to be cuter that it already is <3

And last Golduck needs to evolve into a Water/Psychic type with Magic Guard/Bounce.

Edited by pyrromanis

I never understood why jynx didn't get a third stage. It got a baby pokemon at the same time as magmar and electabuzz, and they're listed back to back to back in the pokedex, but jynx got left out of the evolution club in diamond and pearl.

Edited by bepe

Dunsparce

- just make it Normal/Dragon already...

Qwilfish

- it's like that in-between evolution of Tenacool and Tentacruel (335Bs Tentacool / 430BS Qwilfish / 515BS Tentacruel)

- it's good early game with it's stats... but late it falls behind...

Delcatty

- for it using a Moonstone to evolve it's stats are sub-par with other Moonstone evolutions, making it the waste to use a Moonstone on it... (in fact it hast the worst base-stats of all Stone evolutions)

- it would make it the first Pokemon to evolve even further afer using an evolution-stone

Lunatone and Solrock

- c'mon... it's sun and moon, make them stronger and not necesserily in need of a Mega-Evolution

all electric Rodents!

- Pikachu line is the only electric rodent line with evolutions (and again, they make Pikachu something special... why, you little!!!! *grrrr*)

- Plusle and Minun could get both a different secondary type upon evolving: like Electric/Fire for Plusle - and Electric/Water for Minun

- Pachirisu could also get a second type... I think Electric/Grass here (because it's a squirrel... they live in trees)

Carnivine and Maractus

- two pure Grass-types that are mostly overlooked...

- give them a secondary type, Grass/Dark or Grass/Poison for Carnivine --- Grass/Ground for Maractus (it's a Cactus, that appears in deserts = sand = ground)

Beheeyem

- seriously, I had to look it up... I ALWAYS forget this thing, and it's pre-evolution Elgyem, exists! (it's those wierd Alien-robot-Pokemon...)

- it already evolves late, at level 42 - might even give it a Baby-Evolution...

As said by a few members before, I also doubt that there will be new evolutions for older pokemon because of mega evolving, so we are more likely to see new megas. However, personally I would love an evolution for Pachirisu or a third evolution in the buizel chain.

Litleo/Pyroar!! I was really hoping when Litleo first got revealed that it would evolve into a manticore themed Pokemon, the potential is all there, its Roman centenarian looking mane, it's tail tuft that looks like a stinger... When we got plain ol' Pyroar I felt a little underwhelmed, a third stage with a mythology theme would be amazing! though I doubt we'd get it, shifting the normal typing to poison upon evolution would also be pretty sweet and fit with the manticore theme

Traditonal evos >>>>>> Megas for sure. Megas should be reserved for already complete feeling pokemon that need a competitive boost. Single stages and 2 stagers have no reason as to why they should get an mega over a proper evolution.

Carnivine for sure. Maractus is another one. Dunsparce, Torkoal, Tropious, Heatmor, delibird, Stantler, Durant, Chatot, Cherrim, Lumineon, Hawlucha, Grumpig, Basculin, Rapidash, Zebstrika and Swoobat. All these guys could use evos.

Edited by Monochrome_Complex

I personally think electrode needs a mega evolution. Give him a bit more power and turn him into a Masterball.

That's a funny idea we will never see implemented. Perhaps a PULSE.... Also

I'll have to repeat myself.

NORMAL EVOLUTIONS NOT MEGAS