Praise The Sun... and Moon - Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon

Godot

Also there's this.

http://m.imgur.com/Z4butqL

Accept it, it's real.

NEVER!!!

I will NEVER ACCEPT UGLY WRESTLER-LITTEN!!!

------

*sob*

Why, Game Freak? Why Litten? Tell me! WHY?????

*sob*

You were meant to be awesome and be a Dark-type, and not join the Fighting-Type! You were like a cute little hugable pet! I loved you Litten!

Litten *burning in lava from a Volcano*: Because GAME FREAK hates you all!!! 'I' HATE YOU ALL!!!

*slowly walking away from the 'chosen one'*

Litten: DO YOU HEAR ME? I HATE YOU!!!!!!

^

actual canonical scene, that will happen if ugly wrestler-Litten is true...

• Upvote 1

NEVER!!!

I will NEVER ACCEPT UGLY WRESTLER-LITTEN!!!

------

*sob*

Why, Game Freak? Why Litten? Tell me! WHY?????

*sob*

You were meant to be awesome and be a Dark-type, and not join the Fighting-Type! You were like a cute little hugable pet! I loved you Litten!

Litten *burning in lava from a Volcano*: Because GAME FREAK hates you all!!! 'I' HATE YOU ALL!!!

*slowly walking away from the 'chosen one'*

Litten: DO YOU HEAR ME? I HATE YOU!!!!!!

^

actual canonical scene, that will happen if ugly wrestler-Litten is true...

You're hate for the Litten one is the same hate I'm experiencing for the Popplio one.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the Chinese leak also correctly predicted these "Alola form" Pokemon, and even said the Vulpix line would get one. So now you can expect Alola forms of Butterfree, Ratticate, Nidoqueen/king, Growlithe, Abra, and... Doduo of all things.

Also it correctly predicted Yungoose's evolution and "a bird whose appearence varies each island"

Ok...

1. Why different forms with different types instead of actually new Pokemon?

- Why is a Palm-tree Execcutor a dragon-type? Because people wanted more grass dragons besides M-sceptile.

speaking of alola form grass types... if they don't do an alola form tropius... Well, GF's IQ was already negative but it's about to hit triple digits

- why is Vulpix suddenly an Ice-type and why don't we just get a new Ice-Fox Pokemon (but I admit Snow-Vulpix is totally cute and I will totally use it... but how does it evolve? FIRESTONE?)

this mechanic looks like it might be triggered to me, either like a mega evo or like deoxys or shaymin. probably as triggered as you are right now.

- are all old Pokemon converted to these Alola-Forms when they are transferred? - will every Vulpix become an Ice type when in Alola, even when it's traded/transfered from Pokebank?

see above

2. Solar Blade looks pretty awesome... and why isn't that Mantis-Pokemon a grass/fairy with all this pink and cutsie look? an obvious grass/fairy opportunity wasted... again (now for the third time!)

it should have been grass/bug. it is a mantis after all.

3. Z-Moves.

we somehow knew something like this would come... but why? who needs this? who asked for this??? (and I hope we can skip this stupid dance animation)

so that 5th move slot is for the once a match super move...

4. 4 Trial Leaders + 4 Haluhas (or whatever) = 8 "Gym-Leaders"? it seems we aren't getting traditional gyms after all...

there's probably still and e-4

5. That Dancing Bird Pokemon with "Dancer" could shake up competetive play with it's Dance copy... switch in onto a Dance-Set up user = profit! - and it comes in different types!

• Upvote 1

I just read through the descriptions of the Alola-form Pokemon... and I just realized... Alola-Sandshrew with Ice/Steel typing might be the most defensive Ice-Type ever!

to quote it's description: "It excels defensively, but it lacks flexibility"

so I went to our everyday type-chart in all of our heads and calculated it's Type advantages/disadvantages:

2x double weakness: Fire, Fighting

1x weakness: Ground (ironic isn't it?)

6x normal: Water, Electric, Ghost, Rock, Dark, Steel

7x resistance: Normal, Grass, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Fairy

1x double resistance: Ice

1x Nullifies: Poison

3 weaknesses against 8 resistances and 1 nullify!

if it can back it up with high Defence / SP.Defence stats I think we got ourself a solid Ice-type wall.

however... Snow Cloak is again such a stupid really situational ability (one that it shares with Alola-Vulpix/Ninetails)

It would have been so great if Game Freak would give us an ability on our Ice-types that doesn't require Hail to be set up...

I just read through the descriptions of the Alola-form Pokemon... and I just realized... Alola-Sandshrew with Ice/Steel typing might be the most defensive Ice-Type ever!

to quote it's description: "It excels defensively, but it lacks flexibility"

so I went to our everyday type-chart in all of our heads and calculated it's Type advantages/disadvantages:

2x double weakness: Fire, Fighting

1x weakness: Ground (ironic isn't it?)

6x normal: Water, Electric, Ghost, Rock, Dark, Steel

7x resistance: Normal, Grass, Flying, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Fairy

1x double resistance: Ice

1x Nullifies: Poison

3 weaknesses against 8 resistances and 1 nullify!

if it can back it up with high Defence / SP.Defence stats I think we got ourself a solid Ice-type wall.

however... Snow Cloak is again such a stupid really situational ability (one that it shares with Alola-Vulpix/Ninetails)

It would have been so great if Game Freak would give us an ability on our Ice-types that doesn't require Hail to be set up...

Well, there's always hidden abilities. Also, even though it's a great wall for Ice monotypes, those are some pretty common weaknesses...

The ice type Vulpix looks adorable (totally out of context in a tropical environment but adorable none the less)

Dragon type Exxegutor is just stupid (just like the dance for the fifth move)

No Gyms? What madness is this?

So far i'm disappointed

Well, there's always hidden abilities. Also, even though it's a great wall for Ice monotypes, those are some pretty common weaknesses...

You're right, those are crazy common weaknesses. But at the same time, Blaziken has FOUR weaknesses (Ground/Psychic/Flying/Water), and while none of them are 4x he's still considered an extremely strong Pokemon. The Alola Sandshrew probably doesn't have the stats or movepool (and certainly not the Ability) to put it on the same level as Blaziken, but it could prove a very interesting and valuable team member depending on the details.

I like most of the new Pokemon (especially the bird with different forms depending on the island and the comet, when its shell comes off at least), and I also think the Alola-forms are, for the most part, cool (only exception is Exeggutor, what were they thinking???). Not sure how I feel about lack of gyms and "Z-moves," though.

Alola Sandslash will probably be like normal Aggron, where the common weakness keeps it in lower teirs. Although we still have hope to a OP hidden ability!

I absolutely love Alola Vulpix and Ninetales!!! Now give us Snow Warning as hidden ability and I won't ever say anything bad about gamefreak.

Exeggutor looks weird, but not more than it was already. I actually like how they hint that this is the original form and that palm trees in other places are much shorter! Now I want to see if Alola Exeggcute looks even more stupid than a bunch of eggs together...

Now give me Crystal Onix from the anime!!!

again reading thorugh new infos on the Pokemon Website - this time: Poké Ride

One aspect of the culture in the Alola region is something known as Poké Ride, in which certain Pokémon help people get to places they wouldn’t be able to reach by using human strength alone. These Pokémon don’t join your team, but you can call on them anytime to receive their help. This practice is typical of the way of life in Alola, where humans and Pokémon are so closely bound together.

could it be... could it be the end of HMs??

we see Sharpedo and Tauros burst sthrough giant rocks in the trailer = Rock Smash?

well and we surf on Sharpedo and Lapras ... SURF!

We saw that we could FLY on Charizard ...

and "we can call on them ANYTIME to receive their help." (I guess after we encountered them for the first time - for progression reasons)

now I'm intrigued because it says anytime... but NOT ANYWHERE!

However, I guess specific Pokemon would fulfill certain HM-roles:

Sharpedo: Surf + Rock Smash (Water) (+ Dive?)

Tauros: "Bike*" + Rock Smash (Land)

Mudsdale: "Bike" + Strength (Land)

Stoutland: "Bike" + Rock Climb(?)

Charizard: Fly

Lapras: Surf + Whirlpool (+ Waterfall?)

Who could give us Cut? - Fafetche'd, Scyther, the new Mantis-Pokemon... something completeley different???

* with "Bike" I mean faster travel-speed as is given by the Bike

again reading thorugh new infos on the Pokemon Website - this time: Poké Ride

could it be... could it be the end of HMs??

we see Sharpedo and Tauros burst sthrough giant rocks in the trailer = Rock Smash?

well and we surf on Sharpedo and Lapras ... SURF!

We saw that we could FLY on Charizard ...

and "we can call on them ANYTIME to receive their help." (I guess after we encountered them for the first time - for progression reasons)

now I'm intrigued because it says anytime... but NOT ANYWHERE!

However, I guess specific Pokemon would fulfill certain HM-roles:

Sharpedo: Surf + Rock Smash (Water) (+ Dive?)

Tauros: "Bike*" + Rock Smash (Land)

Mudsdale: "Bike" + Strength (Land)

Stoutland: "Bike" + Rock Climb(?)

Charizard: Fly

Lapras: Surf + Whirlpool (+ Waterfall?)

Who could give us Cut? - Fafetche'd, Scyther, the new Mantis-Pokemon... something completeley different???

* with "Bike" I mean faster travel-speed as is given by the Bike

Oh my god that would be AMAZING. And I'd assume it would be someone like Scyther or Bisharp, or another Pokemon that's known for its ability to cut things real good.

TBH I like all of the leaked starters final forms. Litten's is the best looking fire starter since Gen 3 imo, rowlett's is probably my favorite grass starter aside from Meganium, and poppolio's is pretty good.

Edited by Personthing

Out of the "leaked" starters I only don't like Popolio's. I think it looks really stupid and derives from it's base form. I do approve of Litten's final evo purely due to my bias towards Luchadors. Luchadors amuse me and I have a hard time disliking Lucha Libre characters. The final form of Rowlett looks alright too. I am not 100% with the Chinese leak though. It still feels like lucky guesses rather than straight plausible information.

So, they have thrown on Delta Pokemon. I wonder if they'll change the stats or just the types.

Acording to their description (especially Sandslash) they are going to have different stats! Although I don't want to see major stat differences, better keep their base stat tottal the same.