[Interest check] Superheroes! Kinda!

Felicity

• Support Squad

Ok, here's another interest check. Some might remember a while ago that I tried running my own RP once as opposed to cohosting someone elses RP. Brailens Gifted. It got off the ground for a bit but I shut it down because I saw many small little quirks and issues with the world at large that I felt would be detrimental to the RP. I shut it down and said I'd work on it.

For the longest time the idea slept. Now I'm thinking of reopening it in time with a very simple solution.

What I had been trying to do before was make a world that facilitated superhero like fights and such without the base moral conflicts that most superhero stories centre themselves around. Good vs evil actually being an illusion and that kinda stuff. I did this by trying to detach the world and make it something that didn't really resemble the modern world. Dong this is what led to the issues mentioned beforehand to be honest. Half baked worlds hurt things kids.

So, if anyone shows interest, I'll start this up set in a modern world, not quite Earth mind you, where you all take on the roles of people with superpowers. The story would centre around finding the answers to how these powers came about and what the hell happened to set the various factions at each others throats. If this goes well we'll then expand and see about bringing a resolution to the conflict in this world.

So, anyone in? C'mon, think of the amount of jokes we could make about all the superheroes in the movies nowadays!

Also, PvP would be a part of this RP as you each pick whichever faction you want to be with.

I have never joined a role play here but did just come up with a new super human (she can change the temp of nitrogen in the air and manipulate it), so I'd like to try my hand at it. ^_^

Edited by Okami

• Support Squad

I'm happy to accept new people to an RP and I'll giving feedback on all submissions. I might not be the best RPer but I do know what's gonna happen and I have been here for almost two years. I do think that counts for something.

Well I'll be, haha! I'd more than love to be apart of another RP run by you, Dobby! I look forward to this "reboot" of sorts you have planned.

Hmm, well I suppose I'll have to wait and see for whether I decide on a revival of Richard or try something new. Mostly just depends on the context and world I'm given to work with, haha.

Edited by GotWala

• Support Squad

Well, like in Brailens Gift I implore you to go as unique as you can. I have one guy who can simply change how he smells, another can just make floating bubbles of varying substances. There are others closer to the standard lightning bruisers (Like a guy who can change his bodies density at will) as well but what I want to do is allow you freedom in what you do. I said I wanted to stage superhero fights but conflicts is probably a more accurate term, seeing as if you want you can focus your character on interaction or intrigue, DnD style. You can try and make OPM but he'll have to decimate the entire population of hopped-up humans to keep his freedom, because they're not gonna let someone like him flounce around all willy-nilly.

EDIT as for the superpower sheet, I'm not going to contribute anything more than the above mentioned powers until the topic is up, give you all some nice surprises. However, if you wanna put something in this sheet then go for it

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMT3Rl745wxQlREBc1BU9bA7Uz-XbfIvczOlbQHptTQ/edit?usp=sharing

• Support Squad

One power with whatever subpowers necessary to make it work per se. An example I won't be allowing you to use is how people with super strength would also need enhanced durability so that they don't tear themselves to shreds with their own strength. I don't expect you to do scientific research into your powers to see what would make it possible, just common sense things.

I'll talk about the specifics more when it's up and I'll be discussing any snarls in applications when handed in. No need to worry about any of that.