Save File Troubleshooting

Jan

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooo.... I just realized that Rejuvenation v7 had come out. After downloading and starting the game, I realized that there seems to be an annoying problem. Everytime the music changes (such as moving from one area to another) or any sound effect occurs (such as bumping into trees/walls, initiating a trainer battle), my RGSS player will freeze/lag for around 3 secs. Strangely, when in battle, eventhough attacks produce different sounds, there is no lag (On further testing, some moves do create the lag).

So I thought, is it something wrong with my Rejuvenation file? I tried opening my Reborn file and, voila, the same problem happens. I believe it's something related to my laptop settings as lately this piece of old junk has been showing worse performance but I'm not too sure so I attach my Rejuvenation file here just in case the problem lies in my save file afterall... Sorry, I'm not very good at technical stuff. The mini freeze/lag is really annoying and while the game is still barely playable, I would like to ask whether anyone encounter the same problem and/or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Game.rxdata

• Veterans

Sooo.... I just realized that Rejuvenation v7 had come out. After downloading and starting the game, I realized that there seems to be an annoying problem. Everytime the music changes (such as moving from one area to another) or any sound effect occurs (such as bumping into trees/walls, initiating a trainer battle), my RGSS player will freeze/lag for around 3 secs. Strangely, when in battle, eventhough attacks produce different sounds, there is no lag (On further testing, some moves do create the lag).

So I thought, is it something wrong with my Rejuvenation file? I tried opening my Reborn file and, voila, the same problem happens. I believe it's something related to my laptop settings as lately this piece of old junk has been showing worse performance but I'm not too sure so I attach my Rejuvenation file here just in case the problem lies in my save file afterall... Sorry, I'm not very good at technical stuff. The mini freeze/lag is really annoying and while the game is still barely playable, I would like to ask whether anyone encounter the same problem and/or know how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

attachicon.gifGame.rxdata

This is most likely related to your computer performance. Rejuvenation DOES tend to lag on slower computers as proven by my previous one as well, so that's most likely the cause of the lag. Try cleaning up your computer as good as possible so your computer performance increases.

This is most likely related to your computer performance. Rejuvenation DOES tend to lag on slower computers as proven by my previous one as well, so that's most likely the cause of the lag. Try cleaning up your computer as good as possible so your computer performance increases.

Hmmm. I see. Yeah, my suspicion is on my laptop too instead of the save file. It's just weird because usually I had zero lag playing Rejuvenation and Reborn in this laptop previously. Just when I've downloaded Rejuvenation v7.1 that I noticed this problem happening and since I'm not very tech-savvy, I thought perhaps there's something wrong with the RGSS player or... something lol. Alright, thanks, I'll try to clean up my laptop and find out what's wrong with it.

If anyone accidentally saved during a bug event and you don't mind loosing any progress you can copy the last save before the issue and and rename the copy Game.rxdata and it should help if it persists then you should submit a bug report.

Still experiencing freezing/lag every few seconds or whenever I walk into an object.

Been looking around and found I'm having the same problem as this guy: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19810&hl=%2Bgame+%2Bfreezing

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I really want to play this game without it freezing ever moment.

Still experiencing freezing/lag every few seconds or whenever I walk into an object.

Been looking around and found I'm having the same problem as this guy: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19810&hl=%2Bgame+%2Bfreezing

Any help would be greatly appreciated since I really want to play this game without it freezing ever moment.

This is related to your computer performance, game will lag and freeze on slow pc

Stuck because after going down an elevator in caratos mountain to floor 3f the elevators interaction has stopped working for me so I cant get out, im assuming I attached the right file and I have been using 7-1 version, I tried this in 6 and 7 still same results

I've moved you outside

Anyone can help me ? I encountered this bug when i was doing a quest in gearen city about dangerous pokemon if im not wrong. I beat the Arcanine K9 gangs and then one of the growlithe didnt left so i thought maybe he wanted to follow me . But then , i realised i was stucked..lol

Help me asap thank youu (this error is from version 6 )

Game.rxdata

• Veterans

Anyone can help me ? I encountered this bug when i was doing a quest in gearen city about dangerous pokemon if im not wrong. I beat the Arcanine K9 gangs and then one of the growlithe didnt left so i thought maybe he wanted to follow me . But then , i realised i was stucked..lol

Help me asap thank youu (this error is from version 6 )

Revert to an older save, then upgrade to V7.1. It should work fine after that.

but i dont hav any older save file :/

go to C:\users\username\saved games\pokemon rejuvenation and you should see your save files in there, to revert to and older save file rename the save file to Game.rxdata

• Veterans

Pictures speak more than thousand words, so here's a two thousand words essay about something having pooped on my save file. :(

144b38h.jpg

339hba0.jpg

Thanks in advance. :)

This was actually a small error in the script itself, not in your savefile! When testing out the game I got the same error (albeit a bit more detailed), but I found out what was causing it so here's a quick patch for your game. It should solve the issue :] Just throw the data files in your Data folder and you should be set to go again!

This was actually a small error in the script itself, not in your savefile! When testing out the game I got the same error (albeit a bit more detailed), but I found out what was causing it so here's a quick patch for your game. It should solve the issue :] Just throw the data files in your Data folder and you should be set to go again!

Works like a charm now, thanks a lot. ^_^

• Veterans

Well, it's me again.

I think that I have genuine save file problems this time.

Most of the time when I enter an interior, it's either completely dark, or disordered beyond recognition

(I don't have screenshots this time, but I saved in front of a cave which has problems with interior)

:(

Actually, are you on V7.1? If not, then I would highly suggest upgrading because that may be causing why a bunch of the interiors do not work, mainly because of the data patch you used to fix the berry plant problem.

• Veterans

no idea whats wrong

attachicon.gifGame.rxdata

Errr.... Could you at least give a description of what happened to your save that made you post it here? That way I know what problem I have to solve :V