[SPOILERS] V7 Discussion/V8 Speculation thread

Zumi

So uh, after completing this version of the game I currently stand at this precipice where I don't really trust anybody I meet which I believe was an intended effect. Everyone in this episode all of your friends and allies that appear show where they'd stand, and the essentially if it came down to it between their own goals and you they'd sacrifice you. Whether it was for another friend, or for the greater good they inadvertently show you that at the end of the day, 'you are expendable'. This stands for every character this episode excluding a single person.

From the beginning of the episode where Melia disappears from the party to get business done by herself. To Kanon and Venam showing that they'd do absolutely anything to save Melia regardless of what happens to you. Spacea and her sister are confirmed to be what is essentially amoral to the player by Melia, and their organization is centered around preventing a single event regardless of the losses they obtain while attempting to reach that goal. (This also serves as an allusion to Team Xen in a sense.) Crescent has essentially rogue, and Korrina's alignment is strictly to her city. At the end of the day all of your friends have a personal agenda that I personally believe they'd be willing to betray you for if it came down to it. This fact is driven home by the entirety of Indriad's story that you witness. He got hit with the good old Julius Caeser the difference being Vallus (I believe that was his name) was a genuinely good person. He was then betrayed by the person/pokemon he arguably trusted the most and lost almost everything because of it. The only person who hasn't betrayed you yet is the single entity you have the largest reason to hate. Madame X I.E the woman who literally killed your mother.

At the end of the day when you're chilling in West Gearen waiting for the train I imagine the protagonist is kinda just sitting there at the boardwalk with the team listening to them talk about whatever smiling all the while secretly trying to come up with some personal back-up plan in case things go south.

This all leaves me with a single question concerning a character who didn't appear in this chapter. What about the person who betrayed you in the most clean sense of the word. One of the protagonist's first friends who literally joined team Xen. What happened to Ren?

I believe he's is going to be a if not the key player in the next episode.

Oh, I agree completely, actually. I can't think of a single character who's actually helpful and on our side.

Melia and the rest of the magical cool kids time travel club have their own thing going on. Venam is (literally) toxic and I wouldn't be surprised to find out if she wants to get really, really friendly with Melia. Ren's the dame, except he's salty enough to join Team Xen because we saved his shithole town for him. Nim, assuming she can return, is pretty unstable. I don't think Saki and Amber should count as human, either. I wish I could have completely ignored Amber and just went out to see Venam when she came.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like some of the character Melia, Venam, That one other chick from sheridan, Crescent and whatnot, but at the end of the day, here is what i think

Much like how melia "Died" then wasnt actually dead, something like that happens to the main character in which, through those events, learn spacea and teimpia or whoever are lying about trying to stop the catastrophe, and hunts them down

But even past that, all i care about at the end of the day is if Melia is alive and well, and we got each others backs, everyone else is expendable

Edited by The Anti-Fern

I think Crescent legitimately cares about our well-being, since she told our mom she wants to see us smile. She has an agenda, but to me it seems like that agenda is keeping us out of all this drama (she also said not to involve ourselves with them), like a parent telling a child "How many times have I told you not to play near the woods?"

Speaking of Ren, when we meet Reina idk why we didn't just tell her that Ren joined Team Xen instead of saying we don't know where he is. I would've told her everything about his reaction to the Goldenleaf situation and his decision to join them. (I also would've told Amaria and Jenner about the shipnapping instead of letting them think we overslept)

And speaking of Madame X, she said she's saved us "every time" because we're important...that really makes me wonder who she is, because the masked swordswoman we've been shown tried to do the exact opposite of saving us at Blacksteeple.

The only kink that I can see in this assuming that both Madame X's are the same, is what state of time she's in at both phases. If she's in the past as you are in the past too, perhaps she's saying that she needed you alive just to be able to set into motion the events of the current timeline. If Madame X can time travel, then I really don't know what to think....

I'm also slightly inclined to believe that there's some kind of massive reason for Madame X actually aligning with our character more than Melia, but there really isn't any substance for that.

Uh, anyone found out these two things?

What events change after you take the book about purification in the locked house at the past?

Can the shop owner's sister be found after you steal the jar?

1. The Garbodor is saved with Erick's help, and Karrina personally comes to slap Melia in her freaking face, while also telling you about Grand Dream City events. Without the book, Garbodor sacrifices itself and Erick is the one to tell you about Grand Dream.

2. I don't think???

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

I just realize something. Specea and Tiempa have power to control time( and space?).Their hair are pink and silver(or white?) like color and power of Palkia and Dialga. Guess they might be Dialga and Palkia huh. I just realize Dialga color is mostly blue not silver.

Edited by Rezials

I just realize something. Specea and Tiempa have power to control time( and space?).Their hair are pink and silver(or white?) like color and power of Palkia and Dialga. Guess they might be Dialga and Palkia huh. I just realize Dialga color is mostly blue not silver.

which would explain why somebody said Celestia is giratina...

It has impact on garbodor in story.

No, that one doesn't get taken away before you finished reading it. Jan pulled a second Teila-town-moment there (think about the quiz guy).

The 'Weird Diary' however does impact garbodor (literally?).

Speaking of which, why the hell did Madame X appear and take it away? And the way it was done seemed weird to me, too, because there wasn't a crystal in that place...

P.S.: 1. Anyone got an idea how to do something with the computer in West Gearen that's 'protected' by a scientist? You can put him to sleep, but nothing happens when you interact with it.

2. Has someone tried to run away in the houseguarding-quest? I wonder what happens if that is possible.

1. Remember the building in West Gearen with that one girl that was hyper? Try getting the Jigglypuff to sing when it is around that area and then interact with her after it sings. From there, you'll be able to do the rest of the event on your own.

2. The only time I tried is when the MC jumps/falls out of the building. I don't know if you can try to run away even earlier or not.

• Veterans

It was Madame X that took the diary away? I must not have been paying attention because I thought it was some random demon apparition :X

Correct!

1. Remember the building in West Gearen with that one girl that was hyper? Try getting the Jigglypuff to sing when it is around that area and then interact with her after it sings. From there, you'll be able to do the rest of the event on your own.

2. The only time I tried is when the MC jumps/falls out of the building. I don't know if you can try to run away even earlier or not.

Thanks! That jigglypuff makes things really funny. I'm divided on stealing honey, though.

It was Madame X that took the diary away? I must not have been paying attention because I thought it was some random demon apparition :X

Yup, although the blue hue made me think it was something like Tiempa...then it reminded me of the time crystals.

I ended up not stealing the honey mainly because their situation seems far worse than the museum so but I ended up stealing one of the fossils :] Also, the people in the Museum pissed me off so that was another reason to lel.

If you want to know what the fossils are, check the spoiler.

Jaw (Tyrunt) and Sail (Amaura) Fossil

Something I feel people aren't talking about enough is Madame X. Who is she? She clearly breaks the laws of the universe much like Spacia, Tiempa and Crescent. So maybe she's like them? These are questions for later. What I'm more interested in is what she says when you die. Not just you. EVERYONE IN KUGARAEN (or however it's spelled).

To quote her, "... You don't know. You don't know the countless problems you have created for me, yet... I find myself saving you each time, because you're important to everything. Why are you so important? Who are you exactly? Why are you interfering? You weren't here the first time. Who put you here? What are you doing just standing there?! You have work to do! She's in front of Blakeory CO. So get to it!"

Let's break this down here. "The countless problems you have created for me" This is rather obvious no? We've been stopping team Xens efforts left and right so it's no wonder she'd be mad and yet. We've only seen her once before this... or have we? If you use the apartment key you find a diary detailing someone creating the catalyst to destroy the world. He's tried endlessly to save it, but just can't. Save it from what though? He then says he's seen the person who saves the world. Just before you read it, Madame X shows up and takes it. What is in that book she doesn't want us to see? Are we the ones who save the world? If that's the case...

"I find myself saving you each time, because you're important to everything" no longer seems as weird. It means one of two things. Either we're the ones who save the world and she doesn't want us to know it for our sake oooooorrrrrr. We are the catalyst for the worlds end and that's why she needs us. If we don't know we're the hero or who the hero is, there's no telling who the real heros and villains are. For all we know, that hero could be Madame X. However... A manual in the same room as the diary explains shadow pokemon and dimensional rift pokemon. Those are likely what destroys the world right? But if we've stopped Zetta, the only one capable of making rifts, shouldn't we be safe now? No. Something is going to happen. Either Zetta will be freed, or he will be artificially created once more by Team Xen. Or, there might be another way to make dimensional rifts. Who knows. Next

"Why are you so important? Who are you exactly? Why are you interfering?" This really is an interesting question. We didn't have to be important tbh and yet we are. Hell with all these new questions springing up, can we even be certain our characters are our own? Also she specifically says we're interfering. With that wording you'd think she's talking about interfering with the destruction of the world and yet... If she is the hero, we could be the ones destroying it. This could honestly be the reason she wanted us dead and yet, she says it herself, "who are you exactly?" She doesn't even know who we are and yet she does. Strange things are going on.

"You weren't here the first time. Who put you here?" This one is the most interesting to me. This shows that Madame X has been around much longer than we know. This further backs up the theory that she could be like Spacea, Tiempa and Crescent. She might have been around for the first apocalypse. She might know why the world is in an infinite loop. She then asks who put us here. This is interesting because we were born like any other human. However if you refer back to what Crescent says about your mom in the very beginning of the game, "Hmm she felt an emotion... No, impossible. It's unfathomable." Our mother might not even be real. For all we know she could've been put into the world by crescent just to raise us, which is why she wants our mom to keep us happy on the ship. All we really know for sure is... We weren't here before and we're not supposed to be here now.

"What are you doing just standing there?! You have work to do! She's in front of Blakeory CO. So get to it!" If she really is some omniscient being, this further proves it...

Welp. That's all the analysis I have on Madame X in this episode so far. Next time: Spacea and Tiempa, Kanon or the Theolias. See you then.

The intro scene has been expanded on in V7 where it starts in the Theolia family's house, and at one point Madame X shows up, asks how long they plan to make this girl (Maria) suffer, and tells her not to lose hope. So I don't think Maria = Madame X.

Thanks. Guess I'll restart to see if there're anything else that change.

It has impact on garbodor in story.

I know about the Weird diary which is needed for saving the Dimensional Rift Pokemon such as Garbodor, but there is another diary in there. While you're reading it, someone (who looks like Madame X?) comes to take it away. Is it required to read the other diary -the one you can't take with you- as well before you're able to save Garbodor? I haven't tried leaving that diary alone, since it might be important (because you're not allowed to read it through).

I'm kinda lost with this second diary thing, is it in the same place? I guess i've missed it.

Also to steal the honey or not to? :| I kinda have a bad feeling if the shop gets closed.

And one more thing with the other diary that you save Garbodor, Did i need to take it before fighting it in order to save it, Or even if i've taken it after i completed the story it still saves it and i just don't know it?

(Actually another thought that crossed my mind, If Garbodor can be saved, would it be able to save the Gyarados as well?)

Edited by canse