What was your first pokemon game?

BlackEclipse

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started on Crystal, then went to blue,

After that it was every game that came out in order of release. I have yet to play X and Y though.

My most fond memories are of Crystal though, then Ruby/ Saphire and then Fire Red.

I also really enjoyed the mystery dungeon rescue games while not released by gamefreak

I cannot fully recall what my first Pokemon game was...it was either Ruby version or Fire Red. Either way Fire Red is definitely my favorite hand held pokemon game of all time! Beating Gary's ass just never gets old.

Blue. I am OG AF.

I actually collected the toys and figures before playing the game. I thought the monsters looked really cool. I had Pikachu, Raichu, Golduck, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Gengar figures that I played with and made my own adventures with prior to actually playing the game.

#Genwunner

Hi5

Red version though.

Red > Yellow > Blue > Silver > Crystal > Gold > Ruby > Emerald > Sapphire > Diamond > Pearl > Platinum > White > Black > White 2 > Black 2 > X

Not counting the remakes because I honestly don't remember those in terms of order.

Usually I'd get one game, then I'd get the 3rd game and my sister would lose interest in hers and I'd take it. hence the weird order for me. I doubt I'll get any more games though, and the next one to come out on a new system I certainly won't get.

My first one was Ruby, i was the happiest kid on the earth when my parents bought me a Game Boy Advance SP and that game for my birthday ~

I've actually played (and finished) Ruby, Emerald, FR, LG, Crystal, Red, Yellow, Heart Gold, Diamond, Platinum, Black and Black 2 (this one on my pc with an emulator)

I don't have a 3ds so i can't play ORAS and X/Y, but i hate these games so i'm perfectly fine this way

Edited by AndSoThereIsSt3ffo

Pokemon (vietnamese broken english) crystal, fun stuff. Coincidentially, the first time I watched the pokemon anime, it was also airing the johto season on a german channel called rtl2.

Followed by a 2 in 1 gold/silver cartridge, red,blue and yellow. From there, it was in order of generations and released games

I do believe it was my eighth birthday, and I was expecting toys, I wasn't much into games, then I open the gift from my parents, and I see the special edition pikachu gameboy color with pokemon yellow. I would later spend years on that gameboy color with my yellow version and later all the Gen. 2 games.

Pokemon red and blue! First played it on the playground in 3rd grade when someone had it. Asked if I could see it and they said yeah.

First Pokemon I ever ran into and caught was a Meowth. Until just... like.... 3 years ago maybe...(?) Meowth has been my top favorite Pokemon. Ahh the good old days of Red and Blue. Can't wait to relive those when they are released in the Eshop. OuO

It's clear I'm in the minority here. My first Pokemon game was....(drumroll please)...

Pokemon X.

I've been a fan of the series since almost as soon as it came out in America. I remember getting a Pikachu plushie after a surgery in second grade, and a GIANT Charmander pillow thing before a different surgery in fourth grade. I also had slippers that fit the series, and remember (unsuccessfully) trying to collect Pokemon cards without my parents knowing.

The thing was, while my mother agreed that (at least the unevolved) Pokemon were cute and therefore let me get the plushies and slippers and things, back when it was at its peak my family was uber-Christian and Pokemon was "just like dog-fighting".

for Christmas my fourth grade year, my grandmother sent our family a copy of the (then) four books in the Harry Potter series. My family had been avoiding the series because, since it had magic, it was obviously spawn of Satan. I'm not entirely sure why, but my mother decided she was going to read the books before giving them away.

I can credit that Christmas as when things changed, but not enough. Despite the magic in the story, it was actually well-written, and, if one looked for it, had good things it could teach kids. After this, the parental units were a lot more lenient with what we could and couldn't play. But it was also around this time that Pokemon stopped being "cool" to like, so I couldn't start playing.around then.

I didn't try to start playing the games until June 2014, though.

Looks like I'm the odd one out since my first was Pokemon Zeta. I'd always been anti-pokemon and pro-digimon until I got caught up in Twitch Plays Pokemon. After watching Red, Crystal, and half of their Emerald playthroughs and got the itch to play one myself but couldn't justify buying a 3ds yet. I heard good things about Zeta and had a blast. A little while after that I got itchy again and played Reborn here.

My first official one was Alpha Sapphire. I've been having a ball with it, despite a few annoying flaws, like random wild mon and trainers being harder than Admins Matt and Shelly. Could it really have hurt to give them a tentacool or something? Still it was tons fun making all sorts of stories and scenes with my mon. Though catching, breeding, and training enough mon for a living dex was a bit dull at times.