• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Exlink, bing bada boom bap pow... accepted! Thanks for fixing that up.

@Shadow Mankey, Sorry didn't notice this first time, but Sanctuary in Shadows should still allow him to be seen by Detection Spells. Reason being, this skill is while conditional, still invisibility. It's very powerful and it locking out magical forms of detection is a biiiiit to powerful. Those should still work ((mostly since they sense for presences and he'd still be there, jsut in a different form. It wouldn't stop that magic from working. Even if it did work though it still be hard to locate you, which is why it should allow for detection. That way there is a way to play around it, even if it's not a perfect solution. ((besides it's no fun if an assassiny character can literally never be detected. He doesn't even have to try then.)) Otherwise I think I'm pretty good. With abilities I like to address them so you have time to change them and then hit background etc... and since demons have a load of them I don't want to possibly overload ya lol. I've glanced over them, but I'll look at background etc a little more in depth in a bit. kk? ((it looks pretty nice though, like that there's a character... who some how got trapped here totally by accident, comedy of errors huh?))

Yep, I'll give it the final look over in a bit~

For now, have an NPC profile!!!

Name: Mid-Summer Night's "Tempest".
Race: Storm Elemental [Primal Spirit]
Elemental Attunement: Wind, Lightning ((Primary: Air, Secondary: Fire)).
Elemental Aversion: Earth, Acid ((Primary: Earth, Secondary: Water.))
Appearance: Tempest is a swirling storm cloud with a vaguely humanoid shape. She has two long slender arms that end in what appears to be long serrated crystals. They are light pale blue in colour and this follows up into her body. Her body surging with electricity of the same colour every now and then especially when angry. Her body ends in two spindly legs that probably wouldn't hold up a normal creature but due to Primal Spirits.. and really just air in general not really weighing anything, they work somehow. As her form is largely incorpreal, Tempest doesn't really wear clothes like a creature with a body would, however, she wears a shockingly green scarf that matches the colour of her eyes. ((or what appear to be her eyes.))
Personality: Tempest... is strange, much like other Primal Beings. They aren't quite complete beings and as a result they have pretty inhuman personalities. Most monsters don't comprehend them all that well. She's incredibly flighty and always has her head in the clouds. Due to the primary element of her being the element that matches that of Mind, she is a thinker but doesn't really have a physical form to call her own and it's the greatest at storing information like a Water Spirit would be. Her secondary element however being Fire, gives her spirit and resolve. She endeavors to do mostly what she considers fun but is very reliable in a pinch. She remembers who her friends are, and those that treated her well and will do mostly whatever she can to do so. As a result she's very closely tied to Azegeor for unknown reasons that he has not ever disclosed. Her and Lord Cyllis don't get along. Tempest believes him too stuck in the past that he stagnates and never moves forward with his life. He holds on to outdated ideals such as honour and loyalty to a lord long dead. They constantly butt heads.
Class: Stormrider [Thief]
Lesser Abilities:
Tier 1: Riposte, Camouflage, Thunderclap, Wild Wind, Silent Presence, Eye for Traps, 2 Unknown.
Tier 2: Quick Step, Lightning Reflexes ((is a lot easier a technique for a Thief than a Warrior.)), Unforeseen Strike, 5 Unknown
Tier 3: Storm, Vitals Mark, Bird's Eye, 5 Unknown.
Tier 4: Improved Lightning Reflexes, Shadowstep, Wind Step, Torrid Air, Alter Air, Silent Steps, 2 Unknown
Tier 5: Invisibility, Ball Lightning, Mark for Death, Hawk Eye, 4 Unknown.
Tier 6: Tornado, Laguna Blade, Vacuum, 5 unknown.
Tier 7: Blink, Improved Invisibility, Eagle Eye, Cutter Lightning.
Tier 8: Into Ribbons, Vibration Blade
Tier 9: Bullet Speed.
Signature Abilities:
Leaf on the Wind:

Tempest being one with the air is a master of dodging and using her form to an advantage in battle she can use the flow of the air to tell exactly how a weapon is being swung in her direction and even how they will dodge. This information is almost instantaneous due to her sensitivity to the air. However, this also comes at the price of things being in the air disrupting her form. Especially Acid. It neutralizes the Lightning normally latent in her form by canceling it out.

Blade in the Wind:

Being a Master of wind, Tempest can cut and manipulate the air into blades to maim targets. They can attach to her hands, even to extend her nails or be thrown. As a result they count as natural weapons, which means she can use them to deadly effect even without being skilled in the use of blades in actuality. Of course, this means unlike others of her archetype, she can't really apply poisons to her weaponry as they are not truly physical and would disperse it anyway being made of air.

Storm Surge:

Tempest unleashes her held form to expand out into a ball of surging electrical energy. She becomes so fast she is nearly imperceptible, since she can move the speed of actual lightning. This technique however uses an immense amount of energy. Even touching a foe in this form fills them with a surge of electricity and armour cannot save them from it, in fact it only conducts the attack all the better and amplifies it's intensity.

Background: WIP

By the way, I will be adding all the NPC abilities into the pool as they are used. If there's one you'd like to use from Tier 1 or 2 for any of them that aren't known just ask me and I'll give you the deats so you can use it. I just don't want to flood too much info at you at once which is why I've held off so far XD.

• Support Squad

Yeah, the skills did have me confused what with the feel that they were prepped, which naturally they were, and that I wasn't sure if there was a database of skills you expected us to use or summit.

Well, I think I might post the spell lsit for 5th Edition D and D to give a basic idea but... I'm hesitant to do so because I don't want folks to think it's THE list. I want us to more or less make our own thing lol, but the guidance for relative power levels might be good to have.

A lot of the skills I'm making that aren't explained yet are pretty typical ones... or at last they mirror things in D and D and other RPGs etc... I've just not gotten around to writing them up all nice like XD>

Oh, I thought you were just going to say to change those and then go do it. I didn't really look over more than that since... well I figured you were on it already. You want me to look over the app again, is it ready for me to do so lol?

Right I just read your review of it; I'm going to rewrite the Aspects so that they don't even mention Checks anymore.

Racial Abilities:

1. Slothful rest

2. Adrenaline Wrath

3. Cause Avarice

Name of ability: Slothful rest

Tiers:

Type: Racial

Ability Class: Modifier

Type of damage: None

Range and number of targets: Self

Effect: User falls asleep for four hours, and any minor wounds will be healed (So no broken arms or legs).

Additional: But the ability cannot be used in a combat situation (of course), and the user will always fall asleep for four hours, and they cannot be woken up before the four hours are over.

Name of ability: Adrenaline Rush (Wrath)

Tiers:

Ability Class: Toggle

Range and number of targets: Self

Effect: The user has a +2 increase in damage when this ability is active

Additional: Only usable two times a week, and lasts for four rounds

Name of ability: Cause Avarice

Tiers:

Ability Class: Active

Range and number of targets: four feet ranged beam; one target

Effect: if it somehow succeeds will cause the target to feel apathetic, and removes any and all motivation to help for two rounds.

Additional: Usable once every two days

Wrote this as an edit.

Edited by Cronos5010

Bookkeeping, Exlink's profile was added to the main post. Shadow Mankey's Icarus has been approved for play and his Character Sheet was added to the main post. Will probably be accepting 1 or 2 more characters. That is up to me though.

Added Disclaimer for players keeping their own sheets up to date. (( I suggest your read it, it's right above where the profile sheets are.))

Next, since players are allowed to create their own abilities from wherever... What do you folks reckon on me adding Primer abilities for the tiers? This will effect how quickly we get to start, since I'll have to generate up some abilities. If you'd like me to only fill out those of the NPCs I've created rather than worry about having a lot of abilities for examples please tell me lol. I really want your guys opinion since well... it does effect how quickly I get to start this bad boy.

Bookkeeping, Exlink's profile was added to the main post. Shadow Mankey's Icarus has been approved for play and his Character Sheet was added to the main post. Will probably be accepting 1 or 2 more characters. That is up to me though.

Added Disclaimer for players keeping their own sheets up to date. (( I suggest your read it, it's right above where the profile sheets are.))

Next, since players are allowed to create their own abilities from wherever... What do you folks reckon on me adding Primer abilities for the tiers? This will effect how quickly we get to start, since I'll have to generate up some abilities. If you'd like me to only fill out those of the NPCs I've created rather than worry about having a lot of abilities for examples please tell me lol. I really want your guys opinion since well... it does effect how quickly I get to start this bad boy.

What's a primer ability.

What's a primer ability.

Just stuff so you have an idea of what that Tier can do. An idea, otherwise, I'm just not going to populate the Tiers and let you guys do that yourselves. That's what I'm asking basically. ((otherwise it'll just be the ones I need to generate for my NPCs, and that'll be it.))

Just stuff so you have an idea of what that Tier can do. An idea, otherwise, I'm just not going to populate the Tiers and let you guys do that yourselves. That's what I'm asking basically. ((otherwise it'll just be the ones I need to generate for my NPCs, and that'll be it.))

Well I personally prefer for the RP to start sooner, rather than later. In general I have a good idea of the power levels because of DND. But if the others really want the tier list populated couldn't you ask for help in filling them out so it goes faster?

Well, that is true ((and I did have a few made for me by some.)) but yea you can feel free to make abilities to help out and make it go faster lol. Just Pm to them to me that way i can square them away there and plop them into the Ability list once I make sure they are good to go.((also, make sure to write them from a neutral perspective that it can apply to any character using them.)) anyone who wants to help out can, no problems lol.

((I'd suggest not making racial abilities... since those are only helpful for certain races and tend to be a bit more powerful on average on the curve.))

honestly, I vote in veto of the Primers... this thing is just dripping with freaking awesomeness, not gonna lie, and the sooner we can get started and jump into things, the better- no point in needlessly delaying that, IMO.

That said though, I think I have a very simple solution- instead of coming up with individual abilities to show what the idea of the power levels in each teir are and what the abilities therein should be capable of, I think you should take the far more frank road and just straight up give us references for how strong an individual would be at the stage where they can actually tap into that tier level.

I mean, I'm sorry, but in my eyes, it just seems like it would be alot easier to just do that instead of having to figure out from the details of the individual scattered abilities how strong the teir is. That, and the latter also opens up the door to certain... interpretations of things, let's just say. Interpretations that may or may not be far off base to what is actually meant to be presented in the power level.

TLDR: I vote no to primers, I think it's just a better idea if you give us direct reference points for each tier. It'll take far less work than you and other people having to wrack your heads for ideas for individual abilities.

Plus, it's already been made blunt that we are all just average joes in this (multiple times infact), hoping to maybe someday rise to greatness somehow, or accomplish some grand individual goal or life scheme... hence I think we can all also handle being bluntly told what we can and can not reasonably do at the various points in the developments of ourselves and our PCs skillsets.

So yeah... my vote is to just forego waiting on abilities to be made and just slap up a description of the limits and capabilities of each of the tiers and just get this show on the road. If people still want to make up abilities for each tier and pm them to you over the course of things, then eh, more power to em... but yeah, still...

EDIT: and my TLDR is greater in length than what I meant to summarize... how ironic. Strike through a-go-go!!

Yea, I think It be good mostly because it set a limit on me, I probably write it directly into the Ability Index since it most relevant there. It also gives me an idea of where to keep things and gives us a baseline to create abilities on. ((Racial abilities will throw a bit of a wrench into things but that's fine XD.))

I'm fine without primers similar to Pyon i have a good idea about power levels because of D&D(hell i been using 4th edition for ideas for mine from the get go even more so since i'm using a blunt weapon and not a blade like most so i get to make my own.)

I'm fine without primers similar to Pyon i have a good idea about power levels because of D&D(hell i been using 4th edition for ideas for mine from the get go even more so since i'm using a blunt weapon and not a blade like most so i get to make my own.)

4th edition is trash though 5e master race............

I mean, glad to see another DND fan around! C: C::C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:::

4th edition is trash though 5e master race............

I mean, glad to see another DND fan around! C: C::C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:C:::

Let's not start DND Edition Wars up in here. Every Edition appeals to different people for different reasons. 4th does still feel more like a boardgame to me though. ((which is why I still want to run an experiment and play a Fire Emblem Inspired campaign in it, like using the battles for the story etc... and basically making a more or less infinite Fire Emblem based campaign that can just end when folks get bored of it XD. Seems like it could be interesting, and really still capture Fire Emblem's feel with a few tweaks.))

((Also 5e a.k.a the Edition next Door. The Edition no one hates, but is rarely anybody's favourite because all the others do something better than it. 2nd Editon best edition <3))

I mean... yea let's not do the DND thing here. After all, it's only lightly based on DND. It's only a small part o the inspiration for this big monster of an idea XD. Which version ya like isn't too big a deal. Because no edition is really a big focus in the whole idea. ((really the only thing I even nicked was the Tier system... and that was more to match Overlord if I'm going to be honest lol.))

I'm not starting edition wars just making a joke =/

Something that does intrigue me about 4th edition is that it feels more like a video game. And it would be quite an awesome video game to have tile based movement like fire emblem, but then skills and features like a regular RPG. That's basically 4th edition which is awesome.

If it was a video game.

• Support Squad

I'm sitting here reminiscing about the time I skimmed the character creation segment of 4e and then said "Fuck it all" and imposed my own rules that would probably give actual DnD players seizures