Name: Boreas

Race: Wandering Spirit [Primal Spirit of Air]. A Primal Spirit not attached to a fixed place, one that roams the world. Reasons for this behavior vary wildly from spirit to spirit.

Appearance: .Generally chooses to manifest as a bird of some sort, which may vary depending on mood and situation, made of air. It´s form of preference is a huge Albatroz. It uses a black feather as an anchor to his manifested self, so this detail is always present no matter what form it chooses.

Personality: .Carefree and quite an egoist, one could say. Boreas lives for itself, and only does what it judges interesting or amusing. Although it may be friendly towards others at times, as soon as it loses interest on them it doesn´t hesitate to abandon anyone. It is pretty difficult to form a true bond with it.

Class: Air Spirit [Mage, Arcane]

Lesser Abilities:

Tier 1

Name of Ability: Invisible Air
Tier: 1
Type: Mage Art
Ability Class: Toggle
Type of Damage: -
Range and Number of Targets: a maximum of 1 meter radius around the user; can target only the user or multiple targets.
Effects: Distorts the air around the target to hide it from view. Used to make the user invisible, as well as any object/being inside the ability´s range.
Additional:

Name of Ability: Spirit Form
Type: Racial Ability
Range and Number of Targets: Only the user.
Effects:The user reverts to it´s natural spiritual form (in this case, pure air) for a short amount of time, avoiding physical attacks.
Additional: In Boreas´ case, the only part of him that can´t transform in spirit form is the black feather as it is anchored to this world by it. The feather is still vulnerable during the use of this ability.

Name of Ability: Incarnate Form
Type: Racial Ability
Range and Number of Targets: Only the user.
Effects: The user, a spiritual being, can manifest itself in physical forms. These must be related to the spirit´s nature (In Boreas´case, a wandering air spirit, it can manifest in the form of birds).
Additional: During the time the spirit is in Incarnate Form it is able to inflict physical damage, but is also affected by it as opposed to Spirit Form.

Tier 2

Name of Ability: Air Cutter
Tier: 2
Type: Spell (Arcane)
Ability Class: Active
Type of Damage: Air
Range and Number of Targets: 30 meters (100 feet), up to 5 targets.
Effects: Attack consisting in throwing a blade of air towards the enemy.
Additional: The more distant and numerous the targets, the weaker the attack gets. Hitting one target at point blank is most times lethal, while 5 targets on the range limit sustain little damage.

Signature Abilities:

Storm Caller ((Activated))

Boreas can conjure a massive storm, strong enough to sink ships and deal heavy damage to entire cities. During the time it uses this ability, however, he must be stationery (even if in the air) and in Incarnate Form, leaving it vulnerable; after using it Boreas faints and stays unconcious for several hours.

Background:

Boreas is an old Air Spirit from the North, and one that has decided to live the life of a wanderer. Since it took physical form for the first time and awakened as an individual conscience, it felt the urge to see the world.

It first manifested by being bound to a black feather by a human wizard who planned to use it in combat. For some time, Boreas did keep him company in his travels and beared him no ill will for this life was quite entertaining to itself. When it eventually grew bored of following the wizard, it simplly managed to snatch the feather and left.

After decades of travelling and watching the world from above it heard of the Underdark. At first it paid no attention, there were other things on it´s mind. But slowly the concept of a city for the Night Races grew to seem interesting enough to make it change course. Unfortunately upon it´s arrival, the city itself was on the ground and Castle Dour, the last bastion, sealed. Since time was a matter of no importance to it, it decided to stay close around to wait for the day it would open up.

Is this all right?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Agura, Age: 163

Race: Beastman (Phoenix) (Anti-Humanism: 4)

I should note that Phoenixes would be considered magical beasts and be a bit sketchy as part of a beastman already, but it's made further by the fact that Phoenixes in this universe are actually closer to Primal Spirits than they are actually beasts. They are manifestations of fire spirits that happen to take the form of a bird. ((some beleive as a symbol, bu sages argue over the exact reason.)) It's just know that Phoenix aren't truly "creatures" they are spirits, so they aren't actually an eligible species to use for a beastman ((also I'd hae to veto regardless since a revive power such as Back from Ashes is kinda... broken. Characters don't come back for free in Heartless. If you die coming back in any form will have a weighty cost.))

Not done leafing through the provided sheets however, I thought I should mention this as soon as possible to ya Baz. I'll get back to this pretty soon... probably after I make the newwest post ((which I plan on tomorrow.))

Thanks for lettin' me. I'll keep it in mind for sure no worries. Just letting me know is good enough. ((there's still quite a bit of time until I finish up this chapter, so I'd not worry too much? THere's goign to be a few posts on my part pretty soon though.))

• 3 weeks later...

So, in retrospect...telling everyone I would be away through status is a terrible idea. Luckily, I can rectify that. I'm in India till the 7th. My internet here ranges from shoddy to non-existent so no posts from me till I get home.

Okay, I'mma start trying to work on these updates in smaller chucks. Don't be worried if your section hasn't shown up yet I'm planning it out, I just think it's better to get things rolling by releasing the stuff I am okay with rather than holding onto it all for when I finish everything. Hopefully this speeds up the process a bit.

• 1 month later...

I'm just going to be quick ((hehe, best joke I heard all week.)) and honest, I don't think I can really continue on this RP. While I love the concept, the ideas and the overarching of what I was trying to do with it. However I quickly kinda found a few things. I've sorta been reflecting on this the past few days and obssessin' over it so I just, yea know it's probably time to get things off my chest.

A. I bit off a bit much than I could chew, more or less setting up the plot etc... way to much while the RP was running to the point it nearly became another writing project for me. The problem was, I never really intended this RP to be run in this fashion, and meant it to be much more open in it's presentation. I more wanted this to be the player's thing. I wanted it to not just be the big ol' Hukuna show. Kinda bungled that one to some degree.

B. While I did really get to poke at the systems I was working on... I really found to came just why it doesn't work for me. This RP really has sorta shown to me personally why I miss having a bit more of the structure that comes from rolls, etc that are more common in tabletop type games. They take a lot of pressure off of my creative skills and allow me to have something to react to organically. Basically there's a lot less improvising on rulings etc... I don't have to interpret and arbitrate everything in the background. ((I find this... extremely silly since one of the principles of why I started this thing was to give more freedom in characters etc... though in another merit, having a more concrete ruling system would lead to much more being basically understood and would probably show much more in the ways of freedom.))

C. In honesty, I feel like I've definitely failed pretty hard on this project. It's been a rough run ever since the beginning, at least for me. While at one point I was enjoying myself and hosting this it's more or less gotten to a point for me it's just a stress point. The posts need to be too big for the story aspects... and I find that a lot of players ended up waiting on me. I found further due to my rush to get things out I'd forgot certain players constantly ((and a certain one consistently. Sorry Murdoc.)) I feel like, in some of the ambitions of this project I ended up getting carried away and trying to do something too big, at least too big for myself at this time. I find that the more I think about it, the more I dread wanting to work on this. I find myself moving more and more towards a place where I'd just despise working on it at all. ((I've not yet and can definitely look back on some scenes in this fondly and at some of the characters as such as well. Sybil and a lot of her scenes with Lotus were very fun for me, cause they were seriously out of my comfort zone of playing a woman who just owned her sexiness and just how intimidating she was. It was a pretty unique experience for me at the least and I ended up really enjoying it.)) So, I don't want to say it was an utter failure. Cause it wasn't, it was excessively flawed and a lot on my part, but it wasn't a waste of time. I learned a lot of things, and will grow from it. There was things I legitimately had a blast playing out and I'm sure there were parts all of you loved as well.

All those things aside, this has just become such a major point of stress for me. Like... extremely major. Because it's one of those things that I feel like I lose no matter what i end up doing. I really don't want to have to stop this project, I really don't. But, I know if I try and continue it's just going to drive me bonkers. It's jsut going to cause all the more heartache if I try to brute force it. It's just going to end up rippin' my apart not giving ya guys what you deserve. Y'all deserve better from me. A lot better than updates that take months at times... etc etc. So rather than keep bashing my head into a brick wall, and trying to persist no matter what, I'm going to let go instead.

It's going to fucking suck to have to do so frankly.

However, I have to. I just have to. All the pain from it now? Eh... I'll live eventually despite how shitty I'm feeling, how I feel like I'm letting everyone down. I'll get over that in time. However, if I just let this fester and get worse by trying to continue... it's jsut going to make me feel like crap everyday until I do. And then I'll just have to let go of it then and it ain't going to hurt any less. Hell probably would a lot more. So, I have to throw in the towel for this one. I apologize for taking this long to realize and leaving this hanging wide open like I have... since I've probably been feeling this way about it for awhile and not really ever noticed I was. Shitty thing to admit but I'm pretty terrible at knowing my own feelings at times.

Anyway, thanks to those who participated all this time, for puttin' up with how slow I've been etc. Thanks for the fun interactions and the good things we did manage to do. Thanks for stickin' around and trying to make this mad house work lol. I just hope you're aren't too disappointed in my decision.

As an aside, the other series for Heartless Souls, Requiem of Ages Past shall be continuing. Just cause I'm cancellin' the RP doesn't mean I'm about to cancel that. I'm pretty sure it can stand on it's own well enough.

And lastly, I think I'm going to take a hiatus from hosting for awhile on here. I've sorta... lost my passion for it. It's just osmething I've not really had the enrgy or the drive to truly do for awhile now. I think I've been fooling myself, trying to really push myself to prove I still wanted to far too long. But, It's just... not really there for me anymore. I think it's really been since Graterras RP back in the day so unexpectedly died on me that a lot of the magic, the drive... the enjoyment for me has sorta evaporated from hosting. It's jsut not something I'm really enjoying right now. I don't know if that will be the case forever... but for now, I think it's more or less a time I will retire from hosting so to speak. I've done... quite a lot in my days here. Hell... I know many would attribute most of the fact that this sub-forum is even still kicking to me... but really, I'm only part of the equation. Y'all are just as important if not more important then I. A community thrives on those who make it up, not just the one leadin' it.)). I think at least in the role of a host it's time for me to step down for a bit, and leave it to those who wish to take up the mantle.

There's far more capable ones than I out there.

I've already locked the IC thread, however, I suppose I'll leave this thread open for a little while so people an say their farewells if they so wish. It's been a good one, and one that for a huge part of it I enjoyed. I hope, that at least in some part y'all that have played, read along, or were involved in any capacity... have too.

Anyway, with that I suppose I shall wrap up here.

With Love and a most certainly heavy heart,

Hukuna Sensei.