futurebound

Diana

It's time, maybe even a little overdue.

Hi, I'm Diana. Diana Elise Seitz. I've been part of Reborn since February 12, 2012. This place has come a long, long way since I joined. From Reborn League Season 2 to Hostgator to moving away from PO to Showdown, and from being a tiny, tiny safe haven to being discovered by somewhere around tens of thousands of people on the internet. I've been here a shocking amount of time- from ages 12 to... well, 16. I've been here through a lot of the site's history, though there are plenty of people who have been around even twice as long.

The primary reason I stayed as long as I did was because of how safe and welcome I felt around here. There was actually a time where I was absolutely terrified of Amethyst, and now there's times where I'll lovingly call her a "fucking whore who can't cs for shit". But that sense of community and acceptance was something I hadn't really been used to before and it was something I grew to love; finding people with similar interests, finding people who rivaled me intellectually, learning and growing more here than I ever really had before- because before, honestly, I'd been bullied and kicked around a lot. I hadn't ever really made friends. I spent so much more time inside and alone than gone, and it was so nice to finally have people there with me. Reborn quickly became a home, somewhere I could always return to when times were tough. And I did, a lot. A lot of the first summer I was here, I was avoiding home because of my tyrannical stepmom, my dad who was never home, and a stepfamily that just didn't want me around. But it was amazing beyond belief to be able to always log on and see the same people who welcomed me and made me feel like part of something, whether just talking about anything to getting super real.

In early, early 2013 I fell in with the group of Sakuna Uta. Kaito, Eren, RJ, Huggyboo, and probably several others I'm forgetting off the top of my head. I remember that I only got in as a fluke, and i was only interested in the first place because I had an insatiable need to know what happened behind the scenes. But this was the first real "group" of friends I had at the time; I cannot thank them enough for bringing me out of my shell, toughening me up a little bit and hitting me with that education on how not to be a super big fucking edgelord. I fell in with the "regulars" on the server after that; people who had been around a while and had a commanding presence, who were usually in the center of any action. It was probably one of the highest periods of time, before I really started to get bothered by people.

It didn't really last forever. In late 2013, I believe, Reborn absolutely exploded. Shofu has started playing the game, sending waves upon waves of new faces (honestly, a lot of which were undesirable) to the community, actually crashing the site for a few days as we had so much traffic that it slowed down other websites through out host. And granted, some of these people were amazing and I'm close with some of them, but I'm also opinionated in that I absolutely could not stand some of the shit that got dragged from the youtube comments section audience. Some of the stuff actually resembled things I had said a year earlier, which I would immediately refuse and continue to be embarrassed by for months afterwards. At the same time, I had started falling into League of Legends; becoming obsessed almost immediately and playing nonstop.

2014 was outstanding, except where almost nothing actually happened. I actually considered leaving a few times then, but I was given Global Mod on the forums (a really shitty choice, in hindsight- I hated browsing the forums as it was) so I stuck around for a while. The newer community had honestly started to grind on me though, to the point where I just lost interest in actually talking to people. In 2015, I've been even less active, more spiteful and generally upset with the state of affairs in the community and I've avoided it as much as I really could, but just enough to keep my Ace Member status and be called a regular. But even then, I let myself get drowned out.

There's a little history, but it doesn't bring up everything. I don't believe I could ever do that.

Erick, aka Neo, brought up something interesting in the Ace Members forum- the forum is split between 90% newer members who are absolutely in love with Reborn, 4% regulars who aren't really disenchanted with the place but it doesn't hold as much wonder as when they first got here, 4% regulars who are at the forefront of every shitty meme or joke or discussion, and 2% old, old members who are still around for the sake of it- who enjoyed the place as it used to be but don't anymore, and won't leave yet for the hope of seeing the place as they once did. I belong to the last group, but I'm not hanging on to here anymore.

I don't need Reborn like I used to, to stay happy, to feel like I'm a part of something. I've lived out my time here, and made a ton of memories and connected with people in ways I had never even dreamed about before. I've been through years and years of this community- almost 4, now. But I've moved on. My time has come and gone, and the home I once had is gone with it, for home is not a place but it's the people who inhabit it. I don't need Reborn to keep me in high spirits anymore, or to be a place to come back to when the world is too much. And as sad as I should be about it, I'm only excited; it only feels like a burden is finally being lifted off of my shoulders, of people who have left that I miss dearly and people who I just cannot stand to be around rising to the forefront of the community.

Amethyst, I cannot and will not ever be able to thank you enough for everything you've given me and everything you've done for me here. Sakuna Uta, you guys led me through one of the roughest times of my life, between just growing up and dealing with a bunch of things that nobody that young should ever really have to deal with. I've got the community of the past to thank for teaching me how to be someone I can actually respect, and for turning me on to the right things, specifically League. I can't list everyone here, but thank you. If there's any way you'd wish to reach me, I'll be on for a little while longer.

sun sets on the old, but we're nocturnal anyway.

well damn. it is sad to see members like you, mael, anethia, and many others recently leave to name a few.

i myself am a fairly new member (new enough to be here after the shofu boom) but i have been here long enough and have had the experience from other communities to understand what your decision is fueled by.

its saddening to see you go, especially since you were and are a valuable part of the reborn community and have contributed an enormous effort of dedication to an ever changing community.

i wish you luck on where you will go after this, and understand that this place will always be considered your home.

adios~

Erick, aka Neo, brought up something interesting in the Ace Members forum- the forum is split between 90% newer members who are absolutely in love with Reborn, 4% regulars who aren't really disenchanted with the place but it doesn't hold as much wonder as when they first got here, 4% regulars who are at the forefront of every shitty meme or joke or discussion, and 2% old, old members who are still around for the sake of it- who enjoyed the place as it used to be but don't anymore, and won't leave yet for the hope of seeing the place as they once did. I belong to the last group, but I'm not hanging on to here anymore.

aye.

all the best Silver.

Sucks that you're leaving, although I, like many, will wish you the best wherever you go. I mean, I know I'm one of the more recent members, like Sini, but I've seen you on Showdown since I've been here, and I know that you're obviously somebody who contributed a LOT to Reborn before. Good luck, and see ya~

It feels so strange seeing everyone i met in the last 3 years suddenly just start disappearing. I wish you the best to wherever else you might go to, I mean i'll still see you on League but you get the idea.
See ya, space cowboy.

Considering that you and Aeon(Who probs isn't around here anymore) were the two people I used to spend a lot of time with way back when, it will be sort of sad to see you go. Whatever you decide to do, make sure you have fun with it ok?

See you some other time perhaps. or on league if you ever respond.

Edited by Zetaark

• Administrators

and now there's times where I'll lovingly call her a "fucking whore who can't cs for shit"

I mean, where's the lie tho

I won't say good bye, because you know I'll still be around.

^~^

I haven't really spoken to you at all but in the time that I've been here I have seen your posts a bit. You seem like a great person!

I wish you all the best in wherever you go in life and thank you for contributing to this great community!

Have a nice life :D

I don't know you, only time we got interacted is when i got trouble around the status.

But then again, not that big problem so enough with that.

Nice history, easy and good.

Also around the post i have seen, you are pretty great to joke with and really someone to not taking others shit which is really cool.

Anyway goodbye and you are always welcome to be back if you want. Take care.