In your opinion, what is the hardest battle in reborn (yet)

Nivircity

In Pokemon Reborn we face a lot of battles, but in your opinion which is this specific battle that made you hate yourself and hate the game?

For me it has to be my battle against "Noel". That guy murdered me and my team like a hungry kid eating a cupcake. When i won against him (By luck btw) was one of the happiest moments of my life

How about you?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for me, it want any boss battles, or gym leaders, it was cain, in the grand hall.

yep. i hadn't played pokemon for however many months, and i kinda mistook growl as a attacking move...

yep, you can guess how many times it took for me to realize you had to spam pound instead of growl XD

For me it has to be my battle against "Noel". That guy murdered me and my team like a hungry kid eating a cupcake.

I agree. His Normals are a b---- and a half. That spam of moves with 5 attacks that ALWAYS SEEM TO CONNECT NO MATTER WHAT.

Kiki was evil for me. I managed to beat her with a on the level cap air slashing and losing accuracy every turn Unpheazant but it wasn't easy. I refused to train up a psychic type at that point as I didn't know where any were.

Charlotte. She just HAD to slap Energy Ball or Solar Beam on everything so Swampert becomes completely useless.

Fern&Blake. Because why the hell not give me a teammate that leads off with a Sand Stream Pokémon so the weather slowly but surely kills me off, has two Pokémon 4x and all the others (bar Ferrothorn?) 2x weak to Ice when coincidentally one of our opponents is an Ice-type trainer. As if Fern's illegal Roserade (though Team Meteor might have the TM for Sludge Bomb, not sure) and bulky, fast Contrary Serperior wasn't enough to take down.

Ciel. Field-boosted STAB Pixilate Hyper Voice from a goddamn Mega Altaria, screw that.

Also, Noel's Flincchino has Skill Link, so Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Tail Slap is always going to hit 5 times no matter what, that's not hax.

Edited by CMV

This is actually kind of tough to be honest since the Reborn I played is vastly different than the current one. If I had to pick one of the current ones, I guess I'd go with Noel, but of all the battles I've faced Ep 8 Serra definitely takes the cake hands down. If I did a Reborn run now, I probably would think they all are kind of easy just knowing the field effects and teams that well.

For Hardcore, I already know my two hardest fights. The Sigmund cove battle and Solaris on Pyrrous Mountain. Honorable mentions are Serra, Aya, Julia, Corey (Mist), Blake, and Pre-Nerf Pulse Abra, and the triple Maison fight.

Either Corey or Shade. Since they were in early game, I hadn't quite gotten the whole difficulty level of Reborn down yet, and since i no longer had the type advantage (I choose Cyndaquil) and had yet learned to take field effects into full consideration (Earthquake on Serra is easy mode) that those two gave me more grief than needed. Samson also gave me some trouble, only because I was stuck in a certain area, and wasn't able to get some trump Pokemon to use on him.

I started and finished Pokemon Reborn on Episode 15, so my experience might be slightly different from those who played before. I think the hardest gym battle was probably...Terra and Ciel. The core of my team (as you can see on my signature) was mainly Blaziken and Excadrill carrying me through a lot of big battles. Noel was not that hard for me as long as I can find an opportunity for Blaziken to get big and setup on something that is not Thunder Wave Wigglytuff or a Psychic Porygon-Z. I believe I actually won by setting up a Bulk Up on his Cinncino and breaking through the hax.

Terra and Ciel however were quite annoying. I had to put an Air Balloon on a bunch of my Pokemon so that I didn't get blown back by some of her Pokemon and thankfully Abomasnow's Wood Hammer OHKO'd pesky Quagsire. For Ciel, I literally got the Clefairy from Agate Circus, ensured I had Friend Guard so Clefable would have Unaware, trained it up so that I can win by setting up MInimize and Cosmic Power to sweep with Stored Power hehe.

Oh yeah, Corey's Crobat was freaking annoying too.

For regular reborn, my first run I got totally walled against Kiki. Hitmonlee would constantly wreck my poor Hariyama, which was the only thing on my team that could damage her substantially. My second run went much, much smoother, but Corey would take the cake. He's always a bane for me in any run I do.

For hardcore, first Taka fight was absurdly tough. Blake is a close second. Luna also gets honorable mention for that tanky team what was able to wreck me in one or two shots.

Edited by Dragon116

I played this game in version 15 so I fought the "nerfed versions". The early gyms were hard because I was stubborn and didn't like to use what I considered to be "weak" pokemon so I only tried to get away with 3 or so pokemon but I have overcome that.

Noel caught me off guard the 1st time but my Camerupt honestly obliterated most of his team. Funny how my Camerupt has pretty much been my MVP the entire game with his lava plume, nature power, earthquake like skill but its a special attack move and now even Eruption!

Burning the field really helped against Noel. I could pretty much one shot all of his mons, the only fear is that they outsped Camerupt usually. Serra was also easy cause of this I destroyed her mirrors with Exploud's scream moev.

BLAKE ON TOP OF AMETRINE MOUNTAIN.

Holy balls, I can't stand this battle for the life of me. Even if they resist ice, if your Pokemon are slower, the Field + Hail + STAB Blizzards that can fire out of 4/6 of his Pokemon are nearly unstoppable. My ground mono has been stuck on his hard ass for the past three months because I don't have enough time to remove the hail, field, and not die.