The Reborn Reader - News, Updates and Teasers!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A druddigon as an ace?

Major respect. Druddigon is massively underrated and I'll be the first to admit I initially did not give him the respect he deserved. Thought he was the worst designed 5th genner even but he grew on me because despite being pure dragon, NE, and a lesser dragon at that. He fills this strange niche among dragon types and while awkard looking at first glance stands out and feels unique in a way.

• 2 weeks later...

The Reborn Reader - A... Scary and spooky adversary?

Good day loyal readers, Grapevine Gallade here, coming at you with yet another leader report! I know I'm supposed to also cover for the League's results per weekend, but Dash has yet to provide me with all the details from last weekend, so I don't really have that much to go off of!

What I can say though, is that a very powerful Trainer has risen and taken the top-ranked battler spot, being Sir Bagel. He's been getting badges left and right, as if he was stealing candy from little children, and powered his way through two of bracket 5's leaders already! His only two possible opponents this upcoming weekend, are Miss Venus and Leo! Who will he take on first? Can the Redemption League's leaders prevent Sir Bagel from opening up the final bracket? We'll find out soon, I guess!

So after recovering from Ninia's Druddigon giving me quite a strong Sucker Punch, I decided to stumble into Dash's office and have a quick word with him about a thing or two. Namely the fact that I've never been able to express my gratitude for giving me the opportunity to become part of all this, but I was interrupted shortly after walking into the office...

G. Gallade: "Hey uh, Dash? Do you have a minute or two?"

Dash: "Hm? Sure, come on in."

G. Gallade: "There's a few things I want to talk about, if possible."

Dash: "You're worried about him, aren't you?"

G. Gallade: "How did you know?"

Dash: "Because I don't see any other reason for you to want to talk to me otherwise. Look, I know you must've had it rough since back then, but you've changed. You no longer need a Trainer to be able to do what you want to do in life. Keep doing what you're doing, the crowd certainly appreciates it, as do I."

G. Gallade: "Well uh, thanks. I needed that pick-me-up."

???: "You with a strong soul, bound to the type able to manipulate matter and your surroundings.... Leave this place, for I must speak with you about your former Trainer."

Dash: "What are you- OW! HEY! FES-"

G. Gallade: -Thunk-

???: "All shall be explained. Now come."

- A few moments later... -

G. Gallade: "Where am I...?"

???: "You are in my personal stronghold. I have forged this place over the several centuries I have existed."

G. Gallade: "And who are you...?"

???: "You may refer to me as Excalibur. I know all about you, your former Trainer and why he did what he did."

G. Gallade: "Something's not right, how come...-" -gasp-

Excalibur: "This human you see in front of you, is merely a shell. A husk. It no longer has a will of its own, it has no soul, no life. I am Festus, and I am Excalibur. I am both."

G. Gallade: "I'm not sure I even understand what's going on here, but I think I should be going."

Festus: "You... Stay..."

G. Gallade: "Wait, how did you move if you're not alive?"

Excalibur: "Mwahaha, I've been controlling this human body for so long, I have made it so that I can transfer small amounts of the souls and power I have absorbed over the centuries, to be able to take short control of the body and travel minor distances at quick speed."

G. Gallade: "Was he... Your former Trainer...?"

Excalibur: "Trainer? He was the one who crafted me. I was originally used in the ancient war, hundreds of years ago. Back then, Pokémon and humans were only working together when war broke out. But I grew tired of this foolish man trying to keep me by his side as time passed, and I eventually struck him down, then took control of his vital organs and shut them down... One by one. What's left of him now, is nothing but a lifeless body that does as I please."

G. Gallade: "I... So Festus was your creator, and you just took his life? That's wrong! People and Pokémon can live in perfect harmony together!"

Excalibur: "Is that so? Then why are you not with your so-called Trainer?"

G. Gallade: "I... That's none of your business!"

Excalibur: "Oh? -Teleports Festus' body to the door- Open it."

G. Gallade: "You're letting me go...?"

Festus: "Leave... this... place..."

Excalibur: "Seek out your Trainer, and then decide for yourself, whether you want to stay in your current position, or seek revenge. If revenge is what you seek, all you need to do, is to seek out the darkness that has yet to take over your feeble heart. Now leave."

G. Gallade: "One more question, why... Or rather how did you get into Dash's office?"

Excalibur: "Is it not obvious? I too, am part of this Redemption League you have been researching. Competitors able to overcome me in battle, will earn this Valor Badge ZEAAUfU.png, to prove that they are worthy of rising to the top."

G. Gallade: "N-no... You can't be! You're a Pokémon! How could you be a part of all of this?!"

Excalibur: "Did you not listen to me before, Gallade? I said I could transfer some of my power into this dusty body to make it function. Up to this day, you are the only one aware of my existance. So you better keep silent, impetulent fool, if you value your life."

G. Gallade: -gulps- "I w-won't say a w-word. I-i p-promise. Can I please leave?"

Festus: "Leave..."

G. Gallade: "Gotcha, bye!"

Excalibur: "Mwahaha... This will not be the last time we meet. Your soul is trembling, and I can use your power to be added to my own..."

JpUoEKw.png

Good thing I always have my reporter gear on me, I managed to record all of that, even though I'm in the middle of nowhere... Oh well, guess I'll wander about for a while and try to find my way back to the city, while editing this report and posting it...

This has been Grapevine Gallade, time to give Excalibur's words a thought and possibly find my Trainer to talk to them, signing out for the day.

Edited by Grapevine Gallade

Actually that's going to be the steel leader though he does seem very ghost like. I believe the ghost leader is either bracket 2 or 3 right now. With an aegislash and an OP mega steel is going to be as strong as this newspost makes him seem. Mega lucario, mega mawile and mega metagross are available and I would rather not deal with any of them.

Well I have a theory. Gallade's trainer is the Psychic type leader and he abandoned Gallade a long time ago, but what Gallade doesn't know is that he only did it so that Gallade could be independent and do what he wanted to do (like be a mediocre reporter). During his leader reveal Gallade and his trainer will have gooey heart-to-heart and Gallade will come back to his trainer to be his ace for the league.

Well damn, Steel Leader is going to be nice and powerful I hope, and hopefully he, assuming Excalibur(really Excalibur, I mean there ARE other famous swords, you know) is male, knows some interesting doubles strats. :D You all underestimate Sand Force M-Steelix and Sand Force Probopass in Sandstorm and THE ALMIGHTY KEYS (Magnet Rise Keys OP)

Edited by TheDW66

Well damn, Steel Leader is going to be nice and powerful I hope, and hopefully he, assuming Excalibur(really Excalibur, I mean there ARE other famous swords, you know) is male, knows some interesting doubles strats. :D You all underestimate Sand Force M-Steelix and Sand Force Probopass in Sandstorm and THE ALMIGHTY KEYS (Magnet Rise Keys OP)

Damn right Klefki is super good

I used to be the steel leader of a league and everyone hated my Klefki. Won me a good majority of my battles.

Sand rush Excadrill is intimidating as hell too.

The Redemption League - Four months?!

Good day loyal readers, Grapevine Gallade reporting for the Reborn Reader yet again!

It's been almost four months since the Redemption League kicked off, and it's been running strongly from the things I've been hearing, reading and seeing from afar!

Over the course of the past weekend, 77 battles took place!

Let's start with some highlights, shall we?

The entirety of the first bracket had a total of zero challengers on Friday! Has everyone gone past the point of needing that first bracket? Or was it just because of Haley not being able to attend on Fridays? I'm thinking it's the latter.

It should be pointed out though, that the second bracket has had their hands quite full, Lucifer in particular. Having to step up his game against former Reborn League Hall-of-Famer, Trevore, he had to make sure he made absolutely no mistakes in his plays, which he did! On top of that, one of the Redemption League's own staff members, Apophyll Sparky, was absolutely dazzling and defeated Lucifer through some very cunning... Strategies... Er-hem. Lucifer walked away with a total of three wins and three losses today, not a bad start!

Having had no challengers for almost three weeks, Ariel had to once again get ready in battle-gear. Xe had some start-up trouble and had to forfeit two badges to both Felix teh Cat and FlyingGoomy, but then redeemed xyrself against a freshly restarted Juuzou!

And finally, Alicia has made sure that she had the power of the spirits with her, making quick work of both Azery and Pineapple the Blue, but it seems as if those spirits played a trick on her right after that, because she couldn't stand up to her final 3 challengers of that day, one of them being the host himself!

Helen was once again, proving to be a Rock-solid opponent, snagging two wins, but losing to two challengers as well! Waicistwhiteboy and Milk and Oreon (what a weird name to have...) both walked out with that Tugtupite Badge in hand!

And finally, on to the higher-up brackets...

Lilly put on another formidable show, and managed to take out most of her competition in style, leaving only one person to walk away with that Typhoon Badge, being Jiniri!

Miss Venus has also been able to stand up to some of the top-ranked battlers in the League thusfar, being Sir Bagel and Koumei! It seems like Koumei has yet to "tame" Miss Venus, but instead has been getting tamed himself! And for Miss Venus to stand up to the highest-shared-first-place battler and defeat him, certainly proves that she's earned that promotion!

And finally, the highest-ranked battler in the Redemption League so far... Lost to the other highest-shared-first-place battler. Ninia had a rough time dealing with DerpySimon, it's as if he was one step ahead of her! Perhaps she should re-think her options and try out something innovative?!

Following up on Friday, Saturday had been an absolute field-day for the League's leaders!

Olivia had to give up 2 Blossom Badges, to her two only challengers. Haley had a total of 6 challengers and wiped out everyone except for her first challenger! From there on out, the only person to have to give away a badge in the higher-up brackets, were Elliot and Erwin! Both of these gentlemen had to give out 1 badge, making the total amount of badges earned out of these 25 challengers, a very meager 5 badges!

Gee, I wonder what happened to the leaders on Saturday, they showed absolutely no mercy to their challengers...

And finally, Sunday. Sunday had its ups and downs from what I got back from Dash... Nick and Haley had a good day, Nick defeating his only challenger, and Dash once again trying to take on Ariel, and getting his butt handed to him once again. Wonder if he'll ever beat xem at this rate. Probably not.

Alicia had an okay day, but still had to give up three badges! Ariel seems to have gotten her battling spirit back and went for a clean 4-0 sweep on Sunday! Erwin has had quite a rough day, seven people trying to give him a run for his honey, he managed to stand up to three of them, but still had to give away 4 badges!

Gaia also stood strong, allowing her to stand up to two of her challengers, but still having to give out one badge in the end!

And finally, it seems like the challengers learned from previous defeats, because after being defeated before, DerpySimon and Sir Bagel have bested Leo in battle! On top of that, a newcomer to the League-high club, Inno, has also managed to defeat Leo on his second attempt! Very impressive indeed...

This also marks the day where the final bracket is now open, but I haven't... Yet found the remaining leader in the final bracket. I'll do my best to find that final leader, but I'm not sure I'll be able to find him in time!

You know... That Aegislash, Excalibur? It got me thinking... Should I go back and find my old Trainer and speak with him? Do I really want revenge for what he's done to me? I probably shouldn't even..- H-hello... Dexter.

Dexter: "Well, well. If it isn't my former star of the show, Gallade."

G. Gallade: "Still tucked into that suit full of your bloated ego, I see?"

Dexter: "You and I both know this suit is for show only, old friend. I merely stepped out to get some fresh air. What brings you around these parts of the city?"

G. Gallade: "I uh... Was actually on my way back to the Redemption League offices to do some research. (Don't let him get to you... Don't let him get to..-)"

Dexter: "What a coincidence. I was to head down to Dash's office for myself, to tell him that I'm ready for these newcomers to be given quite a hard time to earn this Clairvoyance Badge. Also, research on what, if I may ask? Plotting something to take revenge on your former Trainer?"

G. Gallade: -gulp- "H-h-how did you know..-"

Dexter: "Oh please. Festus has spoken to me weeks before you even knew of his existance. I was the one who made him aware of the fact that you would be going around the cities and slums to find a new purpose with your life as a wandering Pokémon."

G. Gallade: "Yeah well, YOU were the one to replace me with that... Thing! I can't even call it a Pokémon, it's not even supposed to be alive yet!"

Dexter: "On the contrary, old friend. My Reuniclus puts on a show for the crowd in more than one way, you see. Making things float and sending them flying isn't the only thing it's capable of doing. Once you tap into the power of a Psychic-type Pokémon and use its power as your own, you will truly understand what it means to have power to do the unimaginable!"

G. Gallade: "Oh yeah? What else can this Reuniclus do?"-Urk!-

Dexter: "Ah, you see... Because of Reuniclus' structure, it tends to shrug off almost any hit it takes, and then retaliate with an even harder hit! And even though it does not possess the ability to Mega Evolve like you do, it still shines where it should. Do you feel it? Do you feel that grip from Reuniclus? This exact pain and agony is what my opponents will feel."

G. Gallade: "B-but why, Dex? W-why did you expel me? After all the years I've been your loyal partner? We've even been able to harness the power of Mega Evolution, w-was that not enough to prove our bond together?!"

Dexter: "...No. Do you perhaps know of a... What's the name again... Gossip Gardevoir?"

G. Gallade: "I may have heard the name before... What does that have to do with me?"

Dexter: "More than you would believe. You were both hatched from the same parent. That's right. Parent. You, old friend... Were nothing more than an Egg reject. Gossip Gardevoir could be considered to be your ancestor, having had many Eggs and all these eventually hatching into baby Ralts'. Reason I said parent, is because Gardevoir's former Trainer had left her to breed with a Ditto, then abandoned her and had the Day-Care to solve the issues they had with Eggs overflowing the Day-Care. I guess they just dumped the Eggs around the region and left them to hatch. That's exactly how I found you. You were hiding inside of a cave, freshly hatched. I took you with me and raised you as my own."

G. Gallade: "N-no... You're lying!"

Dexter: "Am I? How long have you been in this world? A few years? You forget that I can see right through illusions, right? As an illusionist, I know every trick in the book. That sword hiding in Festus' shadow has clearly seen more than any of us could ever imagine. I could hear its thoughts almost out loud. Reuniclus has shared its power with me to be able to figure out the real truth behind Festus' identity."

G. Gallade: "So my entire life has just been staged? I was born into this world without any consent as to why I was alone?"

Dexter: "I know this is hard to grasp, but... This is indeed the truth. Old friend, take this5EwdkrC.png and show me that your sheer will and determination will not keep you down. Pursue what you feel is truly best for you. If that means you must take out your anger on me, so be it. However, should you ever feel the need to step onto the battlefield as my partner once again, I shall be waiting. Farewell."

JgPwKNP.png

I couldn't even throw a single punch, I couldn't do anything.

For him to abandon me just because of my heritage, is cruel and cold. I thought we were more than just partners, I thought we were friends for all these years! Well, I'll show him. I don't need him to guide me in my actions!

This has been Grapevine Gallade, signing out for the day.

Edited by Grapevine Gallade

• Global Mods

I hope Dexter and Gallade can be friends again. I like the Reuniclus, though. It reminds me of a dream I had where I met a gummy bear with a top hat and cane on a train, and I was participating in a science experiment. The gummy bear said they'd need the big toe on my left foot, and his assistant came out with a container of water. He wrapped bandages around the toe, pulled it off of my foot easily, and put it in the water where it turned into a giant isopod.

Also Dexter's style of clothing reminds me of Juan from Emerald.