The Reborn Reader - News, Updates and Teasers!

Oh boy, not looking forward to the Water Gym Leader. Either way, I'll give it my best shot once I can face them.

But like The God Fist mentioned, my guess for Lilly's ace would be Milotic or Starmie.

Regarding the third leader, I'll say either Psychic or Dragon even though this seems low for both of them.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first challenge in the League will be against Lily, i took my decision oh god she'll destroy me badly, i'm kinda interested in her team

Oh, and Alicia will destroy me too when we'll battle, as well as a good 80% of the other leaders

You wouldn't be able to challenge her either way, since you have 0 badges, St3ffo

The Redemption League - Week Five Recap & Final Bracket 4 Leader reveal!

Good day loyal readers, once again!

Grapevine Gallade, reporting for the Reborn Reader with a short weekend League recap and some more information regarding certain leaders!

The League has had quite a busy weekend yet again, with over a hundred battles taking place spread across these three days! Guess the leaders can't really catch a break yet, huh?

Most notably, I have seen that Miss Venus shows absolutely no mercy to her opponents whatsoever, giving away a mere two badges out of her 19 total opponents! That's an astounding feat, holy cow. I should probably propose to Dash to have Miss Venus moved up in the charts, perhaps.

Furthermore, it seemed like Ariel had quite the terrible weekend, going into negative numbers on all three days. Like I said in my last report, could it be that xe is slipping up? Because these figures sure make it seem like xe is!

Let's just do a quick little recap, day by day, shall we?

On Friday, 36 battles took place, with Venus taking a whopping 11 of these, leaving every single challenger without a badge. Ouch, that's a rough start.

Both Nick and Olivia went in positive numbers in the first bracket, leaving Ariel to be the only on in bracket 1 to go into negative numbers!

Elliot once again proved to be a powerful opponent, leaving only two brave challengers with a shiny Harmony Badge in their clutches, being DerpySimon and Candyrobe!

Lucifer had no mercy for Sharkthomas, but ultimately fell against IceCreamSandWitch, who managed to snag that dark and sinister Void Badge from Lucifer's grasp. Well done!

And of course, Helen -gulps- went on another rampage after she lost twice. I saw her kicking over trash cans out on the streets after losing to both Korematsune and Sir Bagel. May Arceus have mercy on them.

Overall, only 10 badges were given out, out of the 36 challengers the leaders had this day! That's quite a positive number, if you ask me.

Onwards to Saturday!

33 battles took place today, just a few less compared to Friday, and once again, Venus proved to be quite the obstacle for many people. In fact, the host himself decided to give Venus a shot, as opposed to challenging Ariel to clear the first bracket. The game itself was close. Very close, even! It ultimately led to a coin toss on whether Venus would make a move to outspeed Dash's Dragonite, or to go for a safe move instead. She went for the safe move, but the host was ruthless and literally made the crowd burst out in Outrage.

It in fact turned out to be in the host's favor to go for an all-out attack to hopefully take down Venus before she could get off a deadly combo play with Scolipede, which was a good thing in the end! On top of the host being victorious, IceCreamSandWitch also came out victorious in her battle with Venus!

The entire first bracket went negative numbers today, unfortunately... Nick losing his two battles, Olivia winning 2 of her 7 battles, and Ariel winning only 1 of xyr 4 battles. Pressure on the first bracket is being lightened, but that shouldn't mean they can slip up and give out badges that easily!

Take the second bracket, Venus only lost twice today, Elliot had a perfect streak and won all 5 of his battles, and Haley lost 1 of her 3 battles, leaving them all in positive numbers once again!

Then there's Erwin, who had one challenger and managed to buzzt through Sir Bagel without many issues.

Lucifer should probably step it up a notch, he's lost more than he's won so far!

And then there's newcomer to the League's battlefield, Alicia! She sure had a rough time facing off against DerpySimon, who was on the hunt for that spooky Remnant Badge. It was close, but DerpySimon clame out victorious with a close 1-0 victory over Alicia!

And finally, Sunday.

35 battles took place in total, most people aiming for Haley this time around. She had quite a long day, having 11 opponents in total, but she came out positively, winning 6 of her 11 battles! Dash was once again trying to beat Haley, but he was underprepared and fell to Haley quite easily, once again.

Today also marked the day where Nick had to take on almost all the Redemption League staff, as he faced off against Pyrrhon, FraRPetO, Jiniri and Sparky, one after the other! He couldn't match them, though, and unfortunately fell against all his opponents but one. Tough break for Nick this Sunday, sadly.

Olivia went neutral numbers, winning and losing 2 battles each.

Once again, Ariel went pure negative numbers, and was apparently not happy whatsoever, dragging Dash into some kind of strategy chamber of sorts? I wonder what xe's plotting for xyr future opponents...

Erwin had another good day as well, winning 4 of his 6 battles, which are pretty good numbers once again!

Alicia surely started off roughly, facing the three strongest League competitors one after the other this weekend. This time, falling to both Sharkthomas and Korematsune, giving them both their 9th badge!

This marks the day where the League is now led by 3 challengers, each of them currently in it to win it, having 9 badges each; DerpySimon, Korematsune and Sharkthomas! Who's going to get that 10th badge first? Who's getting that 11th badge and crack open the 5th bracket for the challengers?

We'll find out either this next weekend, or the next!

Furthermore, I finally managed to find out that so-called mysterious leader they were hiding in the 4th bracket. She's a tricky one, alright. Really... Into nature, wildlife, animals and Pokémon alike. I managed to get a short interview with her, too! Which was unfortunately cut short because of a minor... Interruption. Read on and find out why!

"(Alright Gallade, you've uncovered 11 leaders, which leaves 7 more. One more for the 4th bracket, which ultimately leaves the final two brackets. You can get to the bottom of this. Reporter face, on. Camera and recording gear, check. Time to find this mysterious girl.)"

Time to take a stroll through town and see if I spot anyone I haven't seen yet around the Redemption League HQ.

Let's see here, there's Nick messing with some kind of gadget outside his workshop, Olivia working on her flower garden, Ariel sitting by the poolside... What's Venus doing with Elliot...? Is she trying to flirt with him? Lucifer's just standing there on the balcony as that's actually going on? Haley and Helen are having another sister-argument, I see. Looks like Erwin is trying to carve something in the tree his Galvantula is resting in... Lilly and Alicia seem to be playing a game of checkers or chess, can't quite see from this distance.

Wait, who's that sitting with Olivia? Why did I not notice her until just now?! A-ha, that's why! She blended in with the scenery. Clever... Time to sneak in for a quick listen-in.

???: "'Livi, dearest. Why do you not let nature take its course instead of using this man-made manure?"

Olivia: "It's because I don't really have the time to wait, and I want these flowers to bloom beautifully, just like the rest of my garden."

???: "But, isn't this what Mother Nature does for you? With time and patience, you can have the most beautiful flower garden you could wish for!"

Olivia: "But Gaia, even with Mother Nature by my side, things might still take long, what if winter makes the soil too cold for something to grow?"

Gaia: "Simple, we move the flowers into the building and try to create a greenhouse! Or maybe we could get help from Erwin and Nick? I'm sure they'll lend us a hand if needed!"

Olivia: "I guess you're right, should I ask Nick if he can create something to replicate a warm environment for these flowers just in case? Nick! Hey Nick, can I ask you a favor?"

Nick: "Uh. What is it, Olivia? I'm sorta working on this amplification device for Magnezone and Manectric."

Olivia: "Well, I was wondering if you could create a gadget-thingy that could regulate temperatures for a possible greenhouse environment?"

Nick: "Easy. That shouldn't take longer than a day at most. Let me just finish working on this- Look out! It's gone haywire! Manectric, stop using Thunderbolt! You're going to hit someone with that!"

Gaia: "Quagsire, quick! Break that contraption on Manectric with Mud Bomb!"

G. Gallade: "Whoa, your Quagsire got hit with all those Thunderbolts, and it's just standing there without a scratch? Oh, right... Quagsire is partially Ground-type."

Gaia: "And who, exactly are you supposed to be, and why are you in the bushes?"

G. Gallade: "Grapevine Gallade, reporting for the Reborn Reader! Who might you be, miss?"

Olivia: "This is my friend, Gaia. She's got the most greenest of thumbs when it comes to gardening, and she's currently helping me with my flower garden. Care to leave, Gallade? As you've probably seen, one of Nick's new so-called inventions malfunctioned once again."

G. Gallade: "Pleased to meet you. Wait, you wouldn't happen to be that mysterious girl Lilly mentioned the other day?"

Gaia: "Mysterious? There's nothing mysterious about me. I'm just one with nature. Mother Nature herself resides in me."

G. Gallade: (There's nothing mysterious about her indeed, she sorta reminds me of an environmental activist of sorts.)"Mother Nature resides in you? How?"

Gaia: "By touching the grass, I can make it grow. Touching a flower bud lets it instantly bloom. I am Mother Nature."

G. Gallade: "What about your Pokémon, Quagsire? What is its role?"

Gaia: "My Quagsire ensures that my untouched flowers get watered daily. It helps me keep nature in a purified state."

G. Gallade: "Does this mean you're a Ground-type leader, then? I mean, Lilly's a Water-type leader... And Quagsire is both Ground and Water."

Gaia: "That would be correct. Many of my Pokémon help me keep the soil fertile, by either working on the surface or underneath it. Quagsire was one of those special Pokémon that helps me from the water's surface and on land at the same time."

G. Gallade: "Interesting... Where would you-"

Olivia: "I believe that's quite enough for now, I need to borrow Gaia and her Quagsire again, since Nick more or less fried my flower garden."

G. Gallade: "One more question, please?"

Olivia: "Fine. Just one."

Gaia: "Ask away, mister reporter."

G. Gallade: "What's your Badge's name, and can I possibly get a picture of both you and Quagsire together?"

Olivia: "That's two questions, you know."

Gaia: "Very well. My badge is named the Fault Badge."

G. Gallade: "Excellent, that's all I needed to know. Could you strike a pose for the camera? You too, Quagsire!"

Gaia: "I hope that's good enough. I must attend to these poor flowers and hope I can give this burnt garden some new life."

G. Gallade: "That's perfect! Thanks, miss Gaia!"

G10DfzQ.pngNsXMduY.png

Well, I think that wraps up the entire 4th bracket! Apologies I took so long to uncover all the leaders, but a good reporter does his research before presenting it to the public!

This has been Grapevine Gallade, signing out for today! Have a good day, loyal readers!

• Global Mods

If Gaia preferred Olivia to just let nature take care of the flowers, why didn't she mind a greenhouse or Nick making a temperature regulating machine? Aren't those also manmade? XD

I look at the unrevealed leader silhouettes to try and guess their types, and I assumed this one was Psychic because of the hair (it kind of looked like the top right bit was floating or some kind of residual energy, but now I see that's part of the leader sprite to the right of her). So I was wrong for this one.

• Global Mods

I think the bottom right will be Dragon because it looks like she has a fang necklace. I think the one next to Gaia will be Psychic because of the floating energy that I originally thought was part of Gaia's sprite. I think the one at the top will be either Fire or Fighting. He has a very interesting body type. Not sure about the Lt. Surge looking one (probably Fighting if the weird body guy doesn't use it) but I think he's Olivia's brother because Gallade mentioned him having shades. Lt. Surge has shades and this sprite uses Lt. Surge's HGSS sprite as a base for the body.

I actually only thought about the Psychic, Fighting and Fire type, the others were just random. I actually think that this "energy" is fire. The person who I think is the Psychic Gym Leader is using some kind of costume, and there's two round things raising from their hands, this could be a floating energy too, who knows. I just thought the Lt. Surge-body is Fighting bcs muscles.

The person in the weird costume reminds me of Tingle from LoZ

200px-Tingle_The_Wind_Waker_HD.png

I'm gonna make a big prediction and say that Olivia's brother is the dragon type gym leader. If I'm right Gallade must become my Pokemon. Hehehe!

But if you're wrong, you have to become Gallade's Pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

Redemption League - NEWSFLASH!

I cannot hesitate with this news, I found something simply amazing for the next bracket! I've found one of the remaining 6 Redemption League leaders and managed to snag a short interview with him, thankfully.

Without further ado, keep on reading for this quick interview!

Who... Is that guy? I've never seen him before. Hrm. Let's approach him.

G. Gallade: "Excuse me, sir. You look somewhat lost, can I help you with something?"

???: "Whahaha! Me? Lost? Dear boy, I'm merely enjoying the nice weather!"

G. Gallade: "Nice weather? It's freezing cold and you're barely wearing anything! How can you enjoy this kind of weather?"

???: "My buff bod withstands the toughest hits, the harshest cold and the most intense flames you can think of!"

G. Gallade: "I asked how you could enjoy this- Never mind. So, I can safely assume you're familiar with this area. Are you by any chance a Pokémon Trainer of sorts?"

???: "Whahaha, I am! Was it that obvious?"

G. Gallade: "Most of the people around here are Pokémon Trainers, a few of them are Redemption League leaders- Oh, do you know what the Redemption League is, sir?"

???: "Know what it is? I'm part of it! The big boss said it was finally time for me to make an appearance, so I returned from my training up in the mountains to see what these challengers are made of!"

G. Gallade: "Did you just say you're part of the League...?"

???: "Indeed I am, what of it, sprout?"

G. Gallade: "Well, I haven't seen you around for the entirety of the first four brackets, which can only mean you're either in the fifth or sixth..."

???: "That would be a correct assumption to make. I'll make this easy and say I'm in the fifth. How's that?"

G. Gallade: "Well uh, that certainly helps out a simple reporter like myself. You see, I'm doing a short Redemption League leader biography report, would you be willing to assist me with that?"

???: "Only if I can talk about myself and not others. Fair?"

G. Gallade: "It's something. I'll take it! Let's start with your name."

Leonidas: "My full name is Leonidas, but I prefer being referred to as simply Leo. Keep it nice and short."

G. Gallade: "Alright, so your name is Leonidas, where have I heard a name like this before...?"

Leo: "Please, call me Leo. Perhaps it's because Leo is one of the 12 Zodiac Signs?"

G. Gallade: "That's not it... I'll think this over later. So Leo, if you're up in these high brackets, you must be a pretty powerful opponent, what sort of power do you wield?"

Leo: "These plates are infused with the power of several Mega Stones, allowing me to choose whichever Pokémon of my favorite type that has the ability to Mega Evolve, unleash its power to its fullest potential. This is but a mere glimpse of the power I wield."

G. Gallade: "A glimpse? Sounds scary. What is this so-called favorite typing of yours?"

Leo: "Whahaha, wouldn't you like to know, little snooping reporter!"

G. Gallade: "I would very much like to know, actually."

Leo: "I like your direct approach. How would you like to be a part of Team Leo?"

G. Gallade: "I beg your pardon, sir? Team Leo?"

Leo: "Actually, scratch that. I'm gonna get my Pokémon ready for battle. Big boss pony is sending me texts that I have to be prepared for tomorrow!"

G. Gallade: "You're rather strange, but I like how you're being yourself, without a care in the world. I'll consider your invitation for this so-called Team Leo you mentioned, but don't count on it."

Leo: "Whahaha, you're quite the funny Pokémon. I could use someone like you on Team Leo!"

G. Gallade: "Hrm, I guess I'll take what I got from this quick interview with you, Leo. I hope I can see you battle tomorrow!"

Leo: "Count on it, unless these challengers are complete wimps and can't stand up to my power."

G. Gallade: "I wouldn't underestimate these challengers, they can be quite smart from what I've seen so far."

Leo: "Let's find out, then!"

G. Gallade: "One more thing, can I at least show the upcoming challengers what they should be expecting tomorrow?"

Leo: "You mean all these muscles? Whahaha! I dare these challengers to stand up to me, if they can!"

n2DwGnG.png

This guy is completely and utterly weird, to say the least. Well, that's one of the fifth bracket's leaders... That leaves two more to get ahold of, but with the League apparently going on a quick break after tomorrow, I'm not sure I'll be able to find them!

Loyal readers, I'll most definitely do my best to find the remaining two leaders, but time is running short!

Signing off for now, this has been Grapevine Gallade!