Most annoying thing in Pokemon

star-kin

like the things that commonly happen throughout the game that irritate you to no end. honestly, some of them aren't even reasonable.

this is one of mine:

"Pkmn Trainer Colress would like to battle!"

"Pkmn Trainer Colress sent out Magnezone!"

"Go! Excadrill!"

"Excadrill used earthquake!"

"Magnezone's Sturdy"

"Magnezone used Thunder Wave!"

"Excadrill is paralyzed! It might not be able to move!"

"Pkmn Trainer Colress used a Full Restore"

"Excadrill is paralyzed! It can't move!"

rinse and repeat.

like, oh my god. tedious as hell.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But....Magnezone T-Wave can't touch a ground type...anyway, i catch your drift~I am most annoyed with Lt Surge switch puzzle, a puzzle that doesnt require any brain power, just random luck, i hate those~

Edited by TimTim

the most annoying things are:

PROTECT moves on WILD Pokemon

I mean... c'mon... I just want to grind my Pokemon and I encounter a Pokemon that grants good EXP... and it spams Protect!

I want to effectiveley grind, not waste all my PP on your stupid, never failing, protect! JEEZUZ!

The only thing it does is WASTE TIME and PP... ugh I hate it...

When you miss that game changing 95% accuracy move but you can stone edge every time and it hits (stares intensely at >>469BW.gif)

ACT 1 SCENE 1
~Oh it's a Charizard. Go my Hustle Durant, use Stone Edge! >> Charizard questions his life.
~Lol, this Thundurus-T. Time to yolo again. >> Thudurus-T was obliterated!
~Gawd this Conkeldurr... Ok, gotta kill him with Yanmega or else gg... >> *Air Slash misses*

Me: DONE! I'M SO DONE WITH THIS F@#%ING GAME!
------------------------------------------
Sounds about right....

Edited by Bowser

Everything I list here is in-game.

- Lt. Surge. Why the god fucking shit fucks does his Raichu have Double Team, of all moves? As soon as it starts setting up on those moves, you will never, ever hit it.

- Every Wobbuffet ever. I mean, c'mon. Shadow Tag, high HP AND Counter and Mirror Coat? Tfw you're nuzlocking but then you encounter these.

- Every Pelipper ever. Why, I repeat, why does anything get Protect through leveling? It wouldn't even be that bad, if it wasn't for the amount of trainers that actually use Pelipper.

- Every Tranquill and Unfezant ever. These are even worse than Pelipper. Instead of Protect, they get Detect AND Roost. Why? Nobody got a clue.

- Attract. Ngh.

- Trying to grind in Hoenn's Victory Road in RSE. For the people who haven't tried this, I'll explain how it goes. WHIRLWIND HARIYAMA CONFUSE RAY GOLBAT ROAR PROTECT LAIRON HURR DURR

- Cut, Flash, Whirlpool and Dive HMs. The first one is the worst Normal-type move ever, the second one is...what the hell, it's not even necessary, and the last two are mandatory AND YET AGAIN WATER-TYPE HMS. EVEN BETTER, THEY'RE COMPLETELY INFERIOR TO SURF OR WATERFALL.

- Selfdestructing or Teleporting shinies. Fucking Abra, I swear to god.

I'm not going to complain about hax, because hax = Pokémon, no exceptions. Oh yeah, there's this small thing too, which isn't in-game.

- I don't even have any words to describe this. Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Eeveelutions, Mewtwo and Greninja. Why the fucking fuck. What's so special about all of these. Why does Gamefreak have to *censored for rule 7* so thoroughly. This annoys me to no end, because frankly, I don't give a shit about a lot of the creatures on this here list.

graveler.gif

A Grinder's Lament - featuring Graveler.

Oh, Graveler you cruel stone,

Oh, how your experience I wish to own.

Oh, how your resistence causes my plight

and how your destruction causes me unwilling flight.

Oh, Graveler all I wanted was your wealth.

Oh, how you deny me in your lack of stealth.

Oh, how I loathe you so,

Your death is a crime, and with no experience, I must go.

Seriously though. Self-Destruct + Sturdy? That's just MEAN Game Freak.

I always seem to get para-haxed whenever I make a good prediction.

Example: Surely your Amoonguss won't like to stay in against my Meloetta who has Psyshock. Stuff you for paralyzing my Meloetta with Stun Spore though. Oh but look, my opponent has Houndoom! I bet he's going to switch in to that predicting another Psyshock! I should use Focus Blast instead! YES HE DOES SWITCH OUT! NOW IF IT ONLY CONN...

...Meloetta is fully paralyzed!

...and gets hit with Pursuit as I try to switch out

...goddamnit

Everything's pretty much being said already, so this is kind of a recap at this point:

-Sturdy

-Parahax

-Freezehax

-Sleephax

-Attract hax

-Poison point, Poison touch, Flame Body, Static, Effect Spore, Shed Skin, Healer, Cute charm and any other chance ability. Always wrokin' for the AI, never for me.

-Any move with an accuracy lower than 100%. They'll always miss in the decisive blow, with the lower the accuracy the proportionally higher this salty consequence is met over time.

-Any move with a chance to inflict a secondary effect. Scald and company hate me.

-Critical hit AND freeze. That shouldn't exist.

-Moody pokemon.When you battle them it is a nightmare, when you use them it is a mess.

-Serene grace iron head and whatever move togekiss had.

-Sturdy.

-Cosmic power sigilyph and poison heal Gliscor.

-Unfair gym leader mons, like the mentioned double team raichu, or the infamous rollout miltank.

-Speaking of which, accuracy and evasion moves. Gosh are they evil.

-HMs. Generally weak and useless outside of opening the path to the next city. Fangames have made strategies SO great to deal with these without needing HMs.

-Detect and protect on wild mons.

-Double protect. If I never get it, why would you?

-Shadow tag. And wobbufet. It shouldn't be a wild pokemon, period.

Anything that has Protect/Detect for no reason. Protect + Toxic: Pretty good, wao

Protect + Will-o-Wisp = Not as good, but hey, w/e

But when an opponent protects 4 times in a row FOR NO REASON whatsoever, I feel like kicking the opposing trainer repeatedly shouting: "WHY??!!"

Unable to run away from an encounter. holy shit, those are the absolute worst.

I want to die right now. grrrr, I don't want to fight you, just let me go :C

I really hate the "but thou must!" feel you get from the story line, because you just get railroaded into everything I mean do you even want to fight (Insert evil team name) here right now? or do you want to get to the next gym. but then again pokemon is still played by kids and a "gritty" pokemon game could probably suck really badly.

• Global Mods

Arena Trap and Shadow Tag. Especially the Dugtrio in XY Route 13, who were faster than most of my team. I constantly needed to go back to the Pokemon Center and heal before I got anywhere near the power plant. If I were in charge of Pokemon, I'd get rid of both of those abilities and also let you run away 100% of the time even if the opposing Pokemon is faster. Run Away would also be done away with because being able to always escape to begin with would make that ability useless.

-Just when you have a good set up.....critical hit! Strategy is ruined. Also the bane of nuzlockes.

-HMs....I think this doesn't really need much of an explanation.

-NPCs that use Kingdra (even though I like Kingdra). Screw Clair and Juan.....especially Juan.

-Facing Lissia in a pokemon contest. I was already annoyed with doing the contests anyway....better make it tougher. I just wanted the lucarionite.

-Frozen status

-Double Team/Minimize

-Wobuffet. Only choice is to attack it, but you better hope you one shot it or it uses the wrong move, because you're gonna lose a mon to it. Only chance of running from it is if you sent out a ghost type first.

-NPCs that use Crobats and Golbats. Getting real tired of supersonic/confuse ray.

-You use a move that has less than 100 accuracy and miss a lot, while the opponent uses the same move, but rarely misses.

-Last but not least, roaming legendary pokemon. Worst one for me was Thundurus. It was down to 1 HP and paralyzed for 6 or so months and it just wouldn't go into the ball.

• Global Mods

-Wobuffet. Only choice is to attack it, but you better hope you one shot it or it uses the wrong move, because you're gonna lose a mon to it. Only chance of running from it is if you sent out a ghost type first.

Aside from Destiny Bond, Wobbuffet actually can't do anything to a Ghost type using physical moves or a Dark type using special moves.

another fucking thing is recovery moves that have no restrictions.

like i.e Sabrina's Kadabra, Falkner's Pidgeotto, Whitney's Miltank...basically anything that has Roost, Milk Drink, Recovery and SoftBoiled.

it's kinda discouraging to think that you've got the battle won but then bam the foe heals itself. Rest has the opponent put to sleep, which is somewhat reasonable at the very least imo. you're just forced to PP stall. >:^(

-Parahax and confuse hax

-have to repeat nurse joy's "welcome to the pokemon center" speech after you healed your pokemons.

-That useless AI teammate that you have to pair up with.(which most likely uses shitty moves like Explosion)

-Annoying wild pokemon encounters with every single step you make.