[OOC/SignUps CLOSED!] Under the Hill: The Final Circle

Rosesong

Soooorry about the slight disappearance guys. My net provider decided to give a whole other meaning to the word crappy... And although it is working a bit now, I´m still strugling to load pages etc.

Anyway, back to business ;)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I've kinda disappeared; in my defense, I'm sick and still going to my classes and whatnot. I'll post within the next few days, but definitely by this weekend. Also, it would help a great deal if those that haven't been commenting about as much could post more; I know for a fact that every character has been given some sort of interaction, be it with another player character or an NPC. So, get to posting~

EDIT: Yeah, I'm really sorry guys. I'm going to make it a top priority of mine to post more, I swear.

So I noticed your post in the "lack of player independance" thread, sorry that I didn't think to have Edward react to hearing the sounds of other characters. That was because I assumed that since everyone was in different parts of a vast maze, that they would be completley seperated from each other, at least for the time being. At one point, i even considered having my guy run into some other people by chance but thought that you actually wanted to keep everyone seperated.

Anyway, in case you guys were wondering what all his "souvenirs" were:

Circle 1: A book that contains all the sins of a dude named "Christopher Weston Chandler". The book makes this guy sound like a complete garbage can of a human being, but maybe that's just because it's listing only the bad and none of the good, so Ed doesn't want to judge too quickly. When he first opened it, a shadow monster came out, but he tore it to shreds and kept the book.

2: A Rose that appears to never wither. Honestly, this one doesn't really have a story to it. They were everywhere, so he picked one up.

3: Containers of Flan-like desert that seem to never go bad. He picked it up as a potential food supply, but only ever ate any of it while in the circle of gluttony. Apparently that's the only circle where he ever needed to eat.

4: Several mishapen lumps of gold. They used to be gold coins, but turns out they had a psychic connection with a dragon who then incinerated Edward. This was, incedentally, where he learned his weakness to extreeme temperatures. Anyway, Kenny was able to sever this mental connection by destroying the coins on a molecular level and putting them back together. The putting back together part didn't go so well, as you can see.

5: A white gi for some sort of martial art, given to him by Akuma who made it sound like it has some sort of connection to the Satsui No Hado. This one's a really long story and I feel like it should be told in the IC thread. It also may play a part in the future.

6: A lottery ticket, that will apparently win the grand prize and make him rich in two year's time. You see, the people of the sixth circle can see the future of earth, but never the present. Edward got this ticket in a deal with a guy named Epicurus, in exchange for a bunch of info on modern science.

7: A slightly curved sword given to him by Atilla the Hun. This one's also a long story.

8: He actually has two souvenirs from the eighth circle. First, he found the tar pit where polititians are boiled, and he knew he had to keep some of the tar for himself because he hates politics. He had to keep it in an insulated thermos, because it is perpetually boiling just like how the rose never withers. That was going to be his souvenir for the circle, but then the fight against Cacus and his pet dragon happened, and he just HAD to keep one of the dragon's scales for himself.

9: Well obviously he hasn't had anything from the ninth circle yet.

EDIT: somehow I said "furnace" instead of "thermos". Quite the difference lol

Ah... the only sad thing here is: if he ever makes it out of hell, chances are there will be some type of twist that anything that originates in hell can not exist outside of it... kinda like the whole Succubus tragedy Phantom encountered by accident (you know, where he took his friend out of the second circle and failed to account for the fact that he was taking her into an alternate dimension in that while true, it was a near exact physical copy in layout, it was still technically outside of the boundaries of her home...)

hence... I don't think it too unlikely for it to be very possible that he'll have to say Bye-bye to his souvenirs at some point...

Eagle, I wasn't singling out anyone in particular; I was just using that as an example to support Murdoc's case. And y'know Strat, we thought of a lot of things, but somehow we never figured that bit out... I'll go sort through that now

Y'know, I think that before he joined the main group, he was likely sentenced to the Fourth Circle for Hoarding, judging by his actions here in Hell.

Edited by K_H

Eagle, I wasn't singling out anyone in particular; I was just using that as an example to support Murdoc's case. And y'know Strat, we thought of a lot of things, but somehow we never figured that bit out... I'll go sort through that now

Wait... that was never official for how all the things worked...?

huh... guess I just sorta assumed it extended to all items and beings, took it a bit further than just the Succubi and Incubi for whom it was the explicit rule...

wait a minute... if Sucubi and Incubi were never allowed to leave the confines of hell, on pain of legit death if they did so, how could their legend have spread in the outside-

*Shot*

*lowers Sniper Rifle of Truth*

We weren't the first group to enter Hell, as evidenced by Dante's La Divina Commedia. In fact, we weren't even the first Modern-age people, as implied by Minos at the end of the First Circle, and as shown by the Pre-first-circle backstory of the Hill.

Edited by K_H

Actually, I can't reveal why it hasn't been thought about quite yet. Though I do promise, pending on the final decision that would define the question of souvenirs, we'll find out!

Eagle, you´re one of the most active players in the RP, so don´t worry about that discussion. I´ve been pretty absent myself to point fingers at anyone, and I do understand that real life happens from time to time XD.

Buuuut anyway the way, let´s get to posting guys! The show must go on!

I know the feel, trust me. Sometimes it´s unfortunately a game of patience too.

What makes me remember: people, if you know you´re going through a busy period or anything that might make you unable to post for a long time, you can always ask for the hosts help in bunnying your characters for a while until you get back.

The next person to worry about a remark I made to prove a point will be whacked mercilessly with a newspaper until they cry 'uncle', capiche? I mean what I said, it was not directed at any singular person.

Damn the hectic scheduling of my senior year...

I still got some catching up to do, but I've finally got a response up...

And it just occured to me that given his background, family legacy, personal history, and all the shit he's gone through and done to get here and type of abilities he's packing... it wouldn't actually be politically incorrect to call Ethic a legit wizard by now XD... even reminds me a little bit of harry dresden... just a little

Though I still like "Lord of Arcana" more...

I think I might have to let this one go. I've already kinda been struggling to really get stuff out for it and well... I'm going to have an actual job soon so I'll have even less time. I don't want to hold you folks back. I'm really not sure I can stay in this and keep up a quality I want to. Cause I don't like doing anything half-assed or that my heart's just not in. And well, I've got a lot more stuff cutting into my time and it's getting harder to find it for certain RPs. This is definitely one where I've got to put a lot of effort into things etc... and I already know I'm slipping a bit here. So, I think I might just have to drop it cause I don't want to ruin the experience for everyone else by being stubborn and trying to stay on when I just can't manage it or don't have the drive to.