[OOC/SignUps CLOSED!] Under the Hill: The Final Circle

Rosesong

If it's OK with you, I'll be using IRL Dice for DnD-style "Checks" to determine some things, such as observance, aim, and so on. I've got a set of seven Dice, and i'm able to choose from a 4-D, 6-D, 8-D, two 10-Ds, a 12-D, and a 20-D to determine the outcomes of these checks. from time to time, i might even leave a code of what turned up somewhere in my Post. It'll be my method of curbing my Sue-ish tendencies so that we all can enjoy this RP to the fullest extent.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Support Squad

Rip, came out just as school starts.

Thusly my responses are going to be considerably slower than they have been during the summer

EDIT: Also, Sparkys ability really got shafted with this maze rule. 25% chance for it to work after the coin toss and the 50% chance for the power to fail.

I'll try to post but these next few days are likely to be rough due to the Revolution project. If you couldn't tell, I am more or less the one writing the story for it. There's a small war going with a certain user where he wants this to be a group project, but I want to do it more or less myself and get someone to peer review sections when they're finished in order to gain more free time. Likely though, I'm probably just going to end up leaving.

Enough Commander drama, Evan is going to be an interesting character to try to play, but we'll see what I can do. The powers aren't strong, but there's so much that can be done with them. So much.

Kenny-- alright, just make sure that it's roughly half and half. I'll trust you to be fair on this.

Dobby-- well, I mean, the negative coinflips can backfire too, and if something bad backfires it ends up good, right?

Commander-- we'll understand; everyone is busy with school and whatnot so we may all be a little sluggish when posting. I'm glad you took note that Evan's powers are moreso versatile because as you said, a lot can be done with them...

Evan´s speed power remembered me of Nice-kun in Hamatora. Pretty strong if used right, even with a short range. Nice´s was fifty meters or something like that.

Soooo game is on guys. Don´t mind the lone blind girl shouting around please. :P

Kenny-- alright, just make sure that it's roughly half and half. I'll trust you to be fair on this.

Dobby-- well, I mean, the negative coinflips can backfire too, and if something bad backfires it ends up good, right?

Commander-- we'll understand; everyone is busy with school and whatnot so we may all be a little sluggish when posting. I'm glad you took note that Evan's powers are moreso versatile because as you said, a lot can be done with them...

Thinking over what Dobby said, A coin flip is naturally 50/50, so it's a bit confusing to think about with the 50% chance to backfire in the maze.

Evan´s speed power remembered me of Nice-kun in Hamatora. Pretty strong if used right, even with a short range. Nice´s was fifty meters or something like that.

Soooo game is on guys. Don´t mind the lone blind girl shouting around please. :P

Bestill my beating heart, my adopted sister still loves meeeee <3

Sparks-- I know; at this point, think of it like this: 25% to work, 25% to work but backfire, 25% to fail, 25% to fail but backfire (meaning it works). It's still 50/50, there's just different scenarios with which it works or fails

Bestill my beating heart, my adopted sister still loves meeeee <3

Sparks-- I know; at this point, think of it like this: 25% to work, 25% to work but backfire, 25% to fail, 25% to fail but backfire (meaning it works). It's still 50/50, there's just different scenarios with which it works or fails

alright then, a simplified understanding as 4 chances of 25/25/25/25 sounds understandable

Alright fellas! I think I've made the final changes to all the characters that have needed to be made. Furthermore, I'm going to highly encourage you all to make your first posts if you haven't done so, and remember that player encounters happen at will.

Don't fret either; soon there will be some new friends to join you all... or perhaps old, I've yet to decide that. Perhaps a mixture of the two... As a side note, players that remain inactive will receive a... most amusing entrance to the circle... So don't dawdle, folks!

Link to IC for reference: http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17240

How did I actually not think that far ahead, goddamnit, uh... Ok, so the way we had anticipated Matthew's power uses the more traditional coinflip method, in that the coin is tossed, caught in a fist, and placed on the top of a hand. However, should the coin, for whatever reason, end up on its edge, then the coinflip will be null and void, with no good or bad consequences occurring from it.

Thank you for bringing that to light Kenny; I'll stick that info into the character post right now.

Edit: Hooray for tripping maze traps! I honestly thought Ix would be the first to do so, should he have tried to erase the walls and straightshot through the maze ^^; Basically, powers do not work on the walls of the maze, and I'm so glad that was tripped! So, thanks for being my fun and unsuspecting guinea pig, Kenny! :)

crap, I can't cheat by using the Hanged Man Arcana then... dayum.

What? No, no... disregard that above sentence, I would never consider such a thing as that...

Well, regardless, looks like the only way through is the old fashioned way folks; walking and stumbling your way through corridor after corridor, holding onto a dim hope that the path you chose just happened to be the right one...

What? No, no... disregard that above sentence, I would never consider such a thing as that...

Well, regardless, looks like the only way through is the old fashioned way folks; walking and stumbling your way through corridor after corridor, holding onto a dim hope that the path you chose just happened to be the right one...

Exactly! Glad you all understand that you'll be stumbling around and killing interacting with whomever you come across in your travels.

Snow, your first post was fantastic! I told you that you'd be fine~

Alright, I'll finally get to posting sometime this afternoon. Let's just say that I had to handle some situations that would make Stratos's explosion on K_H look like acts of friendships. On the bright side, I have a deeper appreciation for our RPers now. Less drama and more interesting arguments.

I think you should treat all the Arcana as literally as you do for the Chariot, so the Hanged Man just hangs him.

Man I'm probably not gonna be able to post until Sunday at the earliest. I had a serious falling out at home and idk what the hell is gonna go on. I just wanted to say ahead of time please don't drop me from the story and I'll give Rose or whatever mods Rose has helping out temporary bunnying control of my character if she is needed to advance. Thank you.

For future reference, i'm going to make Kenny's power do something humiliating and funny if it backfires when he's trying to use something other than the Healing Beam, such as that cloud that just taunted him, for example. I've got something special in mind for the Healing Beam, though... you'll just have to wait and see what it is.

• Support Squad

Sorry for the short post but Time, character tactics and a lucky spin of the wheel meant a quick encounter for Noella. Next time I get around to making a post I'll try to put ore detail into the threat.

It's nice to have old tactics at times.

And come to think of it... this is rather funny in a strange way... I have no recollection whatsoever as to whether or not Ethic ever even learned Marcus's name back in the original RP.

Oh well, might as well play it safe and use a name I knew for absolute certain he used to denote the man.