not fiting in

rydergamer43

ever feel like pokemon reborn dosent fit in?i mean sure its a good thing for it to be differant

but its really,dark.i mean real dark,sure we take inocent creatures from their natural habitats and force them to fight for us,but then again we do befriend them,and thats the main games,but this is just out of the blue,swearing,terorism,its pretty adult.im not saying its a bad thing its actually a pretty fresh idea,tell me your opinion on how the differant style is good in some ways and bad in other.

Well, the point of Reborn is to be...well, dark. People are living in a terrible environment, and changes can do weird things to people. Think of Reborn in a real world aspect. No fresh water, so people start to riot and fights break out. Thats human nature for ya. The main games are more light hearted and they aren't allowed to use swears or extreme violence because the target audience are younger people. Plus, if swears started popping up in the main games who knows what could happen to the future of pokemon.

Reborn is more for adults, and not children. Thats the point. The way Reborn is played out is for adults to enjoy and see a different side of pokemon. Not everything is rainbows and unicorns my friend.

Well, at least thats my opinion. Take it as you may.

Different*

Personally, I find it better than ordinary pokémon games.

I recently played pokémon X and I was severely disappointed with the story.

It was just so un-involving and distant in my opinion.

Whereas, with Reborn, there are so many memorable characters who you get quite involved with and so many side-quests and extras to complete

Yes, that's not very relevant to what you said I know, but I think the drama in Reborn really makes it more interesting and gripping.

It's like I actually care about some of the characters and worry in case they get killed off or injured or whatnot.

The swearing, once again, in my opinion, is just kind of funny and it makes the game more accessible to older people.

It can add some comical relief to tense situations and also make people's reactions more realistic.

For example, when Blake says "Uh, what the fuck are you doing, Oaf head?" I actually laughed out loud.

As for the terrorism, this is pretty much in all the pokémon games.

Just look at Cyrus from gen 4 (best bad guy imo)

He's a sort of sociopathic villain who wants to destroy the world or something (Diamond and pearl)

And just in X, lysandre (the most predictable bad-guy ever)

He literally tried to kill all the people and pokémon in the world who were not part of team flare...

I do agree that there's a lot of suicide though.. 0_0

Worries me about the creator's mindset quite frankly

(you okay there Ame?...)

So,

for me,

I think it's a pleasant variation from real pokémon games and a direction that the pokémon company will never endorse because of its unfriendliness.

Edited by Juuzou

I do agree that there's a lot of suicide though.. 0_0

Worries me about the creators mindset quite frankly

(you okay there Ame?...)

Wait, wasn't there only one suicide, being Corey?

Oh, and all the main characters (Gym Leaders, Monotype Meteor Characters (as in everyone but people like Solaris and ZEL), and others like Anna and Arc) are based off of the Gym Leaders from the real Reborn Online Server. Corey committed suicide by jumping off a bridge in real life, so Ame portrayed that with Corey jumping off Beryl Bridge.

Wait, wasn't there only one suicide, being Corey?

Oh, and all the main characters (Gym Leaders, Monotype Meteor Characters (as in everyone but people like Solaris and ZEL), and others like Anna and Arc) are based off of the Gym Leaders from the real Reborn Online Server. Corey committed suicide by jumping off a bridge in real life, so Ame portrayed that with Corey jumping off Beryl Bridge.

Well, yes.

One successful one.

but there's also Amaria who jumped off the waterfall after finding out how Tania felt.

Also, I keep hearing about this Reborn Online Server.

What exactly is that?

Also, I keep hearing about this Reborn Online Server.

What exactly is that?

Before we had the Showdown server or even the Reborn Game, Pokemon Reborn was originally a Pokemon Online Server where people could challenge 17/18 Gym Leaders. There has been 3 seasons, but it isn't up anymore, and I don't know if there are any plans to reinstall it.

Well, Reborn is supposed to be a more mature/adult take on the Pokémon world.

Personally, I've always wanted to be able to play a game that takes the potential of the series to be dark, and execute it in a interesting and mature way.

I must admit that when I got talked into trying Reborn, I thought it'd be try-hard grimdark and too focussed on wanting to be dark'n'edgy to actually be enjoyable for me.

I was proven so very wrong, and I'm glad.

There's a lot of things in the Pokémon world that make you think "so how has nobody ever abused this?" or "but why does nobody x?", and generally, as games with a younger target audience, the original games hold back a lot when it comes to just how brutal Pokémon could be.

Obviously, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but for me, Reborn does a good job of creating a "grown-up" setting in the world that I grew up loving to play in.

And unfortunately, subjects like depression and suicide and terrorism are just as much a fact of life as others.

Corey's end hit me badly and very close to home. So did Amaria's attempts to cover up her depression. But I loved it. I love that Reborn deals with these things, because they're there, hiding in everyone's plain sight.

A huge reason of why Reborn is so popular is because it is so different. If I want the relatively peaceful canon world, I can just play the canon games, after all.

...Or some of the fangames out there that are similar to them.

...And let's be real, I love sobbing over fictional characters. That way I have an excuse to think up AUs in which they have happy lives.

Edited by Ama

There's another game "Pokemon snakewood"

It's based on a zombie apocolypse.

It's pretty awful really (The idea and the quality)

It actually contains a part in which you have to kill your own zombified father.

Also features zombie pokémon and multiple different zombie trainers.

It's quite gruesome.

I think that game is a good example of "tries too hard to be dark".

But it is a lot more of a gory/horror type pokémon game as opposed to Reborn's dark/real world problems kinda feel.

You see... A lot of people see Reborn as "dark and edgy". I see it as the realistic outcome of what would happen in our world if pokemon exist. Honestly, there would be crime and murder everywhere. It wouldn't be all happy go lucky. Weapons would still exist, people will still be killed, depression, suicide and all that wouldn't just magically disappear. I think Insurgence does a good job of this too. It's dark, yes, but if you look closely, so is the world we live in.

To me it's far more interesting than the offical games. It's just better in everything (cept graphics but hey what can you do?) musically, difficulty, story wise... I think that's why people like BW/BW2 is because of the implied darkness. Same with DPPT. It's a refreshing change of pace.

You see... A lot of people see Reborn as "dark and edgy". I see it as the realistic outcome of what would happen in our world if pokemon exist. Honestly, there would be crime and murder everywhere. It wouldn't be all happy go lucky. Weapons would still exist, people will still be killed, depression, suicide and all that wouldn't just magically disappear. I think Insurgence does a good job of this too. It's dark, yes, but if you look closely, so is the world we live in.

To me it's far more interesting than the offical games. It's just better in everything (cept graphics but hey what can you do?) musically, difficulty, story wise... I think that's why people like BW/BW2 is because of the implied darkness. Same with DPPT. It's a refreshing change of pace.

Why is 5th gen darker than 4th gen? the bad guys are just extremist pokémon rangers 0_0

Why is 5th gen darker than 4th gen? the bad guys are just extremist pokémon rangers 0_0

It's not darker in concept, but in execution. I should probably specify and say BW2 was darker. Remember, you almost die. Gen 4 was darker and more dangerous in the sense that the world was gonna end and everything was going to die, but they didn't stress that too much. Don't worry, gen 4 will always be my favorite

Different*

Personally, I find it better than ordinary pokémon games.

I recently played pokémon X and I was severely disappointed with the story.

It was just so un-involving and distant in my opinion.

Whereas, with Reborn, there are so many memorable characters who you get quite involved with and so many side-quests and extras to complete

This. I love the characters in Reborn and how memorable they are. Also, I like the plethora of events / side-quests that reward players who do off the beaten path.

Yeah I forget a few of the XY gym leaders lol

In short: nope. It's pro because it's different and because it brings out the reality of things. Actually the existence and popularity of reborn makes me feel like I'm horribly weird for owning a horribly weird dark pokemon comic

• Global Mods

Reborn was originally an online Showdown league, and some of the events in the game are reminiscent of events that happened on the league, with a few additions and differences. If you go through the logged battles, a lot of the dialogue in the game was also used by the leaders in the server. It's basically a video game adaptation of a league in an online Pokemon battle simulator.

I still find the corey thing really eerie since it happened iRL. I remember ame saying RL Heather ended up closing herself off or something due to it, really sad :[

The only stuff I feel kind of kills the immersion for me is some of Terra's stuff as the tone is too memetastic and weird. Also the sex thing with Ciel is kind of like meh I can do without. Cain's flirting was cute, but HAD DAT BITCH ON HER KNEES COVERED IN KETCHUP like a little too far there. I'm not crazy about Terra even if she has her moments.

BUT

why does ame hate Terra so much?

I still find the corey thing really eerie since it happened iRL. I remember ame saying RL Heather ended up closing herself off or something due to it, really sad :[

The only stuff I feel kind of kills the immersion for me is some of Terra's stuff as the tone is too memetastic and weird. Also the sex thing with Ciel is kind of like meh I can do without. Cain's flirting was cute, but HAD DAT BITCH ON HER KNEES COVERED IN KETCHUP like a little too far there. I'm not crazy about Terra even if she has her moments.

BUT

why does ame hate Terra so much?

T3RR4*

Pokemon Reborn is one of my favorite pokemon games because it tells a story woven from true stories made during the Reborn League a few years ago. It actually compares to what would happen if we don't take of our environment. It tells us that we should change our ways so that we won't have a world that looks like Reborn City in an indirect manner.

Another thing, is that it shows the varied personalities of the characters in the game. It isn't like the canon pokemon games which portray characters in a monotonous may. It varies personalities which affect the interaction of characters to one another.

Also, it displays a good mix of geography ranging from desert, mountains, and wastelands. It shows different cultures and traditions that vary in those certain biomes.

That's the reason why I love this game, it portrays a closer view to our real world and to real people in our lives.

Pokemon Reborn is one of my favorite pokemon games because it tells a story woven from true stories made during the Reborn League a few years ago. It actually compares to what would happen if we don't take of our environment. It tells us that we should change our ways so that we won't have a world that looks like Reborn City in an indirect manner.

Another thing, is that it shows the varied personalities of the characters in the game. It isn't like the canon pokemon games which portray characters in a monotonous may. It varies personalities which affect the interaction of characters to one another.

Also, it displays a good mix of geography ranging from desert, mountains, and wastelands. It shows different cultures and traditions that vary in those certain biomes.

That's the reason why I love this game, it portrays a closer view to our real world and to real people in our lives.

Too well-said.