Jan

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Developers

Not sure is this is a general essentials problem or not, but Malamar and I think Inkay too are immune to water attacks for some reason.

I'm going to assume you were fighting Nim. The field effect gives certain moves a Psychic sub-type. Water Pulse being one of them.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed but has the bug for abilities changing been fixed?

It's the bug where I completed the previous version, installed version 6.2, and now some of my PKMN have different abilities than before.

This cannot be fixed, as stated in the OP. There are ability capsules around that you can use to change your abilities back.

Also, Ren seems to have brain damage. The only thing he ever says when he's down to one pokemon in all his fights is that "Beginner's luck quickly runs out". I don't think you intended that.

Noted.

Reminder, this is not a thread to post your save files. There is a section for that already. This is to solely post errors you have found.

Not sure if this has been posted, but after I got my fifth badge I decided to go checking old places with Surf. After I came out of the Goldenleaf Cave, the game had the old script start. The Xen vehicles and Zetta were there and Melia and her Togepi used Alpha Metronome and so on. So a flag problem somewhere.

Edit. Yes, it seems to have been reported, although at an earlier point in the game and without visible characters.

Edited by Chilibunny

I got all the card key shards and went to catch the Beldum in the wetlands. As soon as i caught it and the battle ended, this message appeared:

---------------------------

Pokemon Rejuvenation
Exception: NoMethodError
PokeBattle_Battle:3521:in `pbSymbiosisCheck'
PokeBattle_Battle:3520:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:3520:in `pbSymbiosisCheck'
PokeBattle_Battle:3486:in `pbAttackPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:3219:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:3218:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:3218:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:3206:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:3227:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:2947:in `pbStartBattle'
This exception was logged in
C:\Users\User\Saved Games/Pokemon Rejuvenation/errorlog.txt.
Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

After i clicked "OK", the game went on like nothing happened.

What in the world was that?

Kyogre event in Valor mountain has messed up triggers. When you go down the stairs to it the event proceeds on as normal. After beating it, a separate event triggers where an invisible amber talks about the Kyogre as if it hasn't appeared yet. Kyogre doesn't reappear after that.

Also, I can't remember clearly, but returning to Sheridan after Groudon event triggers some text from earlier in the game.

Edit: Is Melia intended to have only three pokemon in her tag fight against Zetta and Gearen for some reason? I had to carry her useless ass through that fight once everything she had died in about four-five turns.

Edited by Protonymic

There's a major bug in Valor Mountain. Once you get defeat scientist and turn mountain into a volcano mountain (?), if you go the way you came with Magma Drift and then go back, the mountain will be back to normal. Except you can't turn it back into magma version. Or am I missing something very obvious there?

Also, before that, I found Kyogre, defeated it, had the event play with Madelaine and Tesla... and then non-existent (or invisible) Amber was talking as if Kyogre had yet to appear here.

More detailed version from the save troubleshooting thread:

1. Go to Valor Mountain.

2. Dunk grunts.

3. Accidentally come into Kyogre with team injured.

4. Still win.

5. Event plays.

6. I somehow trigger Amber's dialogue about Kyogre, even though it's gone. There's also no sprite of Amber, as she got taken by Tesla (?)

7. Go somewhere else.

8. Dunk scientist in magma.

9. Be curious and go check if there's something new now that the mountain is filled with magma.

10. Nothing. Go back.

11. Notice the mountain is back to normal; there's no magma.

12. Try get mountain back to fire, no effect. Can only turn it to ice. The big crystal does nothing.

I think I broke Valor Mountain's script

EDIT: Attached the savefile.Doh.

post-61184-0-55979200-1450709024_thumb.png

Edited by SansTheSkeleton

I didn't read through all 25 pages, so these may have been reported already:

1. Shadow Pokemon can be hit by moves that shouldn't affect their purified typing. I was battling the Breeder in Sheridan with Shadow Duskull (since I knew he only carried Audino), and it still got hit by Secret Power and Double Slap. When I switched out to my (non-Shadow) Misdreavus, it was unaffected.

2. I was battling Valarie's Lanturn with my Mawile, and this basically is what happened:

Mawile used Sucker Punch!

But it failed!

The foe Lanturn used Thunder!

The water conducted the attack!

(animations play)

Mawile fainted!

So Sucker Punch failed even when its target selected an attack.

3. I was chasing Nim to get to Akuwa town, and (as normal), she zapped us into her dimension. However, I was completely unprepared for the battle, and I lost.

HOWEVER, after displaying the standard "game over" screen (___ scurried to a Pokemon Center...), I spawned in front of Geara, still in the psychic dimension, and I couldn't move at all and had to reset.

4. This one is small. In the Goldenleaf Gym, I ran down the right staircase from the upper level while there was a pile of books at the base, and I got stuck inside the book pile.

Edited by The Great CP

• Veterans

I didn't read through all 25 pages, so these may have been reported already:

1. Shadow Pokemon can be hit by moves that shouldn't affect their purified typing. I was battling the Breeder in Sheridan with Shadow Duskull (since I knew he only carried Audino), and it still got hit by Secret Power and Double Slap. When I switched out to my (non-Shadow) Misdreavus, it was unaffected.

2. I was battling Valarie's Lanturn with my Mawile, and this basically is what happened:

Mawile used Sucker Punch!

But it failed!

The foe Lanturn used Thunder!

The water conducted the attack!

(animations play)

Mawile fainted!

So Sucker Punch failed even when its target selected an attack.

3. I was chasing Nim to get to Akuwa town, and (as normal), she zapped us into her dimension. However, I was completely unprepared for the battle, and I lost.

HOWEVER, after displaying the standard "game over" screen (___ scurried to a Pokemon Center...), I spawned in front of Geara, still in the psychic dimension, and I couldn't move at all and had to reset.

4. This one is small. In the Goldenleaf Gym, I ran down the right staircase from the upper level while there was a pile of books at the base, and I got stuck inside the book pile.

Sucker punch is a commonly known bug and the Nim dimension bug has been reported before, but we'll add the rest to the list. Thank you!

Just a little thing I just saw: When my opponent switched out his current Audino for a different one and I hit it with Mud Shot, the Speed-lowering message displayed read, "The foe Audino was trapped in a sticky web! The foe Audino's Speed fell!"

Also, something I forgot to add about the Shadow typing is that it apparently overwrites a Pokemon's normal type. For instance, Rorrim B's Shadow Vivillon took normal damage from Air Slash, even though by all rights Vivillon is a Bug type. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not. It may be.

Edited by The Great CP

• 2 weeks later...

So I read in the field effects manual that sludge and other similar attacks can turn a cave field into a corrupted cave. However this is not working for me in amethyst cave.

Is that just specific for that cave, or is this a bug?

EDIT: Just tested it in another cave, doesnt work there either.

Edited by not-a-spoon

One thing- So I had black out from the fight with the Team Xen Duo on Valor Mountain with injured pokemon, and when i came back to Valor Mountain, I could not access this crystal to proceed to the next area. Is this supposed to happen? This place is after the Valor Brigade, after where you rescue Reina.

a463b82ae0e2f8853c4c540eda245f72.png

39d483496040e4c181a49ce5efe79d0c.png

Whenever checking an already-mined rock, when the text box pops up saying that the rock has lost all of its luster, the rock becomes whole again. When the box closes, it returns to its broken state.

The sprite for TM 104 Douse is a Flying-type sprite.

Whenever booting up TMs 104 Douse or 106 Irritation, the text reads, "Booted up an HM." Not sure if other TMs do this.

At least on Route 11, you can surf on top of the swimmers. Not sure if this works for other swimmers as well.

Edited by The Great CP

Team was knocked out in R4 against the trainer with a Ratticate, Linoone and Mighteyeanna (This Linoone trie to use bestow but it always fails even though I'm not holding anything. does it not have anything to bestow?)

Blacked out, ended up in the purple place where you see Geara, unable to move out of the space and unable to talk to Geara.

Also:

These I noticed:

bddde6cacec388ea8d3d2d02b7fa78ea.png

7b024757c9585e45fc20ea634376d6af.png

5a85ce8cd15cba24439e0da0261562ed.png

Edited by Juuzou

Not if it is a bug: (But I need know it) :(

In the version 5 I completed the sidequest ???, but for some reason in the version 6 I not can get into that place. (The door is closed) So this is a bug or I have to wait for version 7 to re enter again?

On Route 10, there's a big rapids field that pushes you backwards to keep you from proceeding--a staple of the games.

BUT, there are a select few tiles that don't push you back, allowing to to proceed to the edge of the black abyss unimpeded.

When fighting Poke Gang Conkeldurr in the Building Bridges! sidequest, the sprites for the Timburr whom you fight don't actually appear when they're sent out, but rather only if they attack or are attacked.

Edited by The Great CP

• Veterans

One thing- So I had black out from the fight with the Team Xen Duo on Valor Mountain with injured pokemon, and when i came back to Valor Mountain, I could not access this crystal to proceed to the next area. Is this supposed to happen? This place is after the Valor Brigade, after where you rescue Reina.

a463b82ae0e2f8853c4c540eda245f72.png

39d483496040e4c181a49ce5efe79d0c.png

This isn't a bug; there should be crystals around that should be interactable and change the mood of the mountain. Try finding a smaller white or blue crystal.

Not if it is a bug: (But I need know it) :(
In the version 5 I completed the sidequest ???, but for some reason in the version 6 I not can get into that place. (The door is closed) So this is a bug or I have to wait for version 7 to re enter again?

Jan said that he forgot to make the area accessible again after the sidequest. So it technically isn't a bug, but it wasn't intended either. He will get it fix'd for V7.

Jan said that he forgot to make the area accessible again after the sidequest. So it technically isn't a bug, but it wasn't intended either. He will get it fix'd for V7.

Ok, I see. Thanks for the information. ;)