Alain and Aero take the stage!

Jan

• Developers

Version 6 is rightttttt around the corner. Therefore I think it's appropriate to reveal something I've kept secret (To everyone) for quite a while.

Back when I first started Rejuvenation, there were going to be three sets of playable characters. However, due to my inability to sprite very well, tied with my low amount of knowledge on RMXP, I was unable to. Then I slowly started to bring out the second set as I was able to feel more comfortable attempting the POC characters. That brought us to four protagonists. Aevia, Aevis, Axel, and finally Ariana(Aria). They've been the main four for a while now, but four just became six.

Meet Alain and Aero! New Non Binary Protagonists.*

[Alain]

a52cac4419d98ae5139938155bf2e35c.png

[Aero]

669648461ea6df78a302e424d0a43781.png

*Designs may be subject to change before version 6 release.

As a reminder, the proper pronouns for Non-Binary individuals are xe/xem/xyr in place of he/him/his. In some situations They/Them/Their is also acceptable.

Like Aria and Axel, you'll be able to switch characters at any Pokemon Center, including Gearen Laboratory.

Excitingly enough... this isn't even the big announcement. The big announcement is- Oops, I should probably save that for another time. Until then, see ya!

It's just me or Alain look more like a girl,I believe that non binary mean to make everyone dont no the gender,just saying but Aero look cool,nice work

• Developers

It's just me or Alain look more like a girl,I believe that non binary mean to make everyone dont no the gender,just saying but Aero look cool,nice work

Non Binary is when you don't specify your gender however, looking feminine doesn't mean you're not non-binary. Gender fluidity is also a thing in which they can choose to be whatever they want at any given point. It's a gray area and depends on the person.

They look amazing. I am a huge proponent for more options within a video game, and I certainly appreciate the multiple race and alignment preferences.

I hope I don't come off as hateful with this question, but I was wondering what spurred on the non-binary implementations in this and Reborn?

Was there a group of individuals who requested this, or one main figure who was working on the game? Or perhaps some other social interests to incorporate the idea?

I only ask because prior to Reborn's implementation I didn't actually know what a "non-binary" individual was.

I actually had to google it!

[Aero]

Ok

Holy fuck

Aero looks like me with long hair

but i love Aevia's sprite too much and it looks canonical (nancy has pink hair)

BUT THIS IS BASICLY ME

like i am non-binary Aero is non-binary

AERO LOOKS LIKE ME WITH LONG HAIR

holy crap

(Yes my hair is dyed red just not THAT bright and my eyes are brown i want purple/red eyes (i cant tell its too pixelated))

i cant choose

Edit: i lied im changing to Aero the only problem is my characters name is Akatsuki right now so JAN ADD A WAY TO CHANGE THE PLAYER CHARACTERS NAME PLEASE SENPAI

Edited by The Anti-Fern

• Developers

They look amazing. I am a huge proponent for more options within a video game, and I certainly appreciate the multiple race and alignment preferences.

I hope I don't come off as hateful with this question, but I was wondering what spurred on the non-binary implementations in this and Reborn?

Was there a group of individuals who requested this, or one main figure who was working on the game? Or perhaps some other social interests to incorporate the idea?

I only ask because prior to Reborn's implementation I didn't actually know what a "non-binary" individual was.

I actually had to google it!

I think for Reborn it was mostly for representation and more options for people. While that is true for Rejuvenation as well, it was my friend who really made me push myself to get better at spriting and do this. They are non-binary and when they first played the game they mentioned how cool it would be for there to be nb canon protags. Now we have them :]

[Aero]

Ok

Holy fuck

Aero looks like me with long hair

but i love Aevia's sprite too much and it looks canonical (nancy has pink hair)

BUT THIS IS BASICLY ME

like i am non-binary Aero is non-binary

AERO LOOKS LIKE ME WITH LONG HAIR

holy crap

(Yes my hair is dyed red just not THAT bright and my eyes are brown i want purple/red eyes (i cant tell its too pixelated))

i cant choose

Edit: i lied im changing to Aero the only problem is my characters name is Akatsuki right now so JAN ADD A WAY TO CHANGE THE PLAYER CHARACTERS NAME PLEASE SENPAI

I probably could do that, too. We'll see.