[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Developers

i found Episode 1 recently.

im kind of afraid to even look.

I'm not! And I'm really curious to see how Reborn looked back then and how much it has improved since. Any chance you could post it somewhere? Please? :-)

Good job with eventing!

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not! And I'm really curious to see how Reborn looked back then and how much it has improved since. Any chance you could post it somewhere? Please? :-)

Good job with eventing!

ya i was gonna ask the same thing :P

i played FF1 on NES emu recently so i can't possibly be taken off guard

Edited by DemICE

Where's the suggestion part of the forums?

I can't see a suggestion box here in the forums.

Anyway, a suggestion - make a field where everyone faints/goes to sleep after staying in for 5 turns.

Kind of like a perpetual Perish Song field that punishes players who relies on set-up builds.

It's a bit brutal, though it'd be interesting to see how both sides cope with this.

About Gen7: As Ame already said, new pokemon might not be that bad after all. Several areas seem cramped with pokemon while others have few new species to capture which in turn makes them look somewhat empty. Certain areas could be improved pokemon-wise and some gen7 monsters could make good use of the field effects without being broken for them. The different levels of Citrine and Ametrine mountains could have different pokemon residing in them, as the environment changes as you move towards the top.

What bugs me a bit is how Celestinine and Ametrine look similar, almost like being the same mountain, but Citrine (which is a lot shorter and has much less to do in it) appears quite different in colors and even structure. I think that if there were a couple of crystal areas inside one of those mountains it would make them more unique and of course more likely to host different creatures like the corals and sea cucumbers (even though technically there is no salt water in Reborn). An Icy Vulpix could even make a nice event pokemon in Ametrine city, which also happens to be a place easily forgettable after we beat Blake.

I know the development team is buzy to finish the refurbished Reborn city, and the story ink is dry, but the involvement of new species might be just what some areas need to make them relevant again, and add a bit of 'replay' or 'revisiting' value to them. Notable examples are Spinel Town, Ametrine City, Route 3 caves and the Wasteland, which is the big loser in development with the Mudkip event and meme gone, the chasing around Mismagius vanishing and Beldum soon to be axed as well, instead of being given an alternative (Rock Climb?) route to access its location. A fire salamander here, a frozen Pangolin there, and a couple of birds in certain spots could do just fine.

Just a question: How come we didn't get to interact with a Tentacool while in the WTC?

Oh jeeze, Apophyll with blue water is going to be, ah, strange. Quick question: in the preview picture of the New Coral, there's tall grass scattered about around buildings and such. Will the tall grass in Coral (any any other ward) work like regular tall grass and have Pokemon in it?

Yay, you've passed the 80% limit! It seems like the pace has quickened quite a bit recently. I'm not done yet with Episode 15, though I've already 11 badges so I guess I'm really close to the end...

Anyway, keep it up!

Save any hype for after I finish those.

...But I want to be hype now and forever :(. *Sigh* Fine, I guess I'll just be hype later. ( Sits quietly in the corner. )

On a more serious note though, I frickin love you and all the effort you put in to this amazing game. Keep up the good work.

My heart aches in curiosity towards the new pokemon we'll get, new char interactions and the whole rebuilt city. I fear for 7th street though. Gotta love dat dark pit of degradation, crime and addiction. I'll really miss 7th street if it loses it's essence because, as unpleasant as it might be, it's one of the things that lends some realism to Reborn. I look forward to seeing the treatment it was given, however.

Edited by Gh0stStark

I can do anything I want. ^~^

nah.

i know i'm making more work for myself here, but there's two reasons i won't do that. The first is that, remembering my thoughts as a player on fan-games back from the rom-hacking era, if a hack wasn't up to the current generation, I was like 80% less likely to care about it at all. Of course I don't expect a developer (or myself) to keep adding each and every generation after the game is complete, but as for during development, I see little reason not to.

Second is because I am sort of a dunce and that day, whatever day it was, that they announced ice-ninetales (and yes, i might be mildly obsessive over it), I had a thought process somewhat like the following:

Alolan Ninetales is so pretty! I'm actually looking forward to using it when the new games come out! I want to love and take care of it forever!

Oh, wait, based on 6th gen, Sun and Moon will probably be so easy I'll barely even be able to enjoy the game, let alone get any kind of satisfying experience with my Pokemon in it even if I do like them.

If only Gamefreak or someone else would make a Pokemon game that was actually interesting and challenging--

oh... wait, I guess I'm doing that, huh.

The new Ninetales alone has been a pretty potent reminder for me about why I am personally invested in this project. Maybe that seems silly to others (well forgetting I'm making a game probably -is- silly, but, details..) but this is my game and it's something I personally really want. So it's happening.

ahahahaha. This are exactly my thoughts when looking for a Pokemon romhack online. I was just telling my friend how impatient I am for Gen 7 content and the games themselves. I just want to have a team I like while also being challenged and it seems Reborn is the only place that can satisfy both my needs so I'm happy to here Gen 7 content is coming to Reborn.

I've actually only started when eps. 15 was out, so I'm also very curious how eps. 1 was :P

Allready 80% :D :D :D Can't wait to play further :D :D :D

Question: Will we be able to surf from Coral ward to wherever we want now that the water is clean? xD (always been curious about what's on that little island ;) )

Great game, awesome!!

Question: Will we be able to surf from Coral ward to wherever we want now that the water is clean? xD (always been curious about what's on that little island ;) )

If you mean Azurine Island, we've already been there and spent forever and a half headbutting trees to find an exeggcute

Will fly actually work when this update is done? I'm getting so tired of walking.

Yes, Fly will be fully functional for E16 as you need it to progress in the story and return to the city.

I suppose everybody here has heard about the pressure on the developers of pokemon Uranium to take down the download links for their fangame. Is this going to affect how Pokemon Reborn is to be shared online? It is already quite well-known, and it would just be such a waste to see a project be stopped short of being completed.

I'm afraid to answer anything on the subject for the sake of this turning into a big discussion. It's Ame's call what to do (though I probably have a very good idea what the answer will be) with Reborn and all we should do is generally respect that decision and not linger on it.

I suppose everybody here has heard about the pressure on the developers of pokemon Uranium to take down the download links for their fangame. Is this going to affect how Pokemon Reborn is to be shared online? It is already quite well-known, and it would just be such a waste to see a project be stopped short of being completed.

It was the developers' choice to take down the game. Nintendo didn't file a cease and desist yet.

In the end, there will always be a means of distributing the game unofficially.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Hell, the game devs for Uranium still say they're going to release updates through the patcher. So the work continues.

If you mean Azurine Island, we've already been there and spent forever and a half headbutting trees to find an exeggcute

haha, no, not azurine, the little island with the door you can see from the docks at coral ward :)

well i got the impression that the developers of that game made a big fuss about it, and it got the attention of nintendo. i think if they were more humble about it, this situation would be avoided, even if they wouldn't get 1,5 million downloads

• Global Mods

well i got the impression that the developers of that game made a big fuss about it, and it got the attention of nintendo. i think if they were more humble about it, this situation would be avoided, even if they wouldn't get 1,5 million downloads

Actually it was a lot of gaming sites who wrote about them and caused all the attention.