[Spoilers] E16 Status Discussion

Amethyst

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to ask, but now that there are helpers for the animations and stuff, is progress still going to be updated on the relevant thread? (atm it is still stuck at 173 animations to go)

Okay, I'm not Ame (duh) but I am on the animations team.

We've made animations since we began but Ame needs to quality check them all before they are officially completed (although Kuro might be dealing with that while Ame is sick). So I think you should expect a big jump down in Animation numbers when they get checked. We've just finished our first week and each of us has made five animations (Koyo might have done 6) so the number is going down, just not officially.

If all the E4 have Megas, and they probably will, I have a couple guesses which they will be. Heather's is obvious and bloody terrifying: Mega Salamence. Nothing wants to eat a Aerialate Double Edge to the face, and even the things that resist it aren't doing much back to MegaMence. Yikes. El(at this point I'm 99% sure he's an E4 member), if he is in fact Normal type specialty, will definitely be Mega Kangaskhan. Mega Pidgeot would be HILARIOUS yes, but this is a guy who has..issues, to say the least, and Mega Kangaskhan is far too powerful for Amethyst not to give it to him to make us cry. A lot. Given that Laura was deposed as an E4 member, I believe Bennet has taken her place, which makes me curious as to what his mega would be. As of the last time we saw him, he has no Pokemon that could Mega Evolve. Perhaps he acquired a Beedrill or Scizor along the way? The last member of the E4 is still a mystery to me, but for the common guesses let's do some work. Anna will DEFINITELY be Mega Alakazam should she be the final E4. It's the only Psychic mega evo that makes a remote amount of sense outside of Mega Gardevoir, and Radomus already had Gardevoir as his de facto ace. Unless she just has a Mega Lati or Mega Mewtwo. And then we're boned. If Arclight is the last E4 member....Frankly I have no bloody clue. He seems like an Electric type trainer to me? I dunno since I wasn't around for the original Reborn League when it was an actual thing. If he is Electric it's gonna be Mega Manectric. Pretty easy thing there. And if Lin is the final E4 member...Huh. She could be anything really. The only thing we've seen of her is Hydreigon. If I HAD to guess I'd say she doesn't really have a specialty. Maybe a Dark or Dragon type mega? Probably a Mega Charizard X, I dunno.

• Global Mods

If all the E4 have Megas, and they probably will, I have a couple guesses which they will be. Heather's is obvious and bloody terrifying: Mega Salamence. Nothing wants to eat a Aerialate Double Edge to the face, and even the things that resist it aren't doing much back to MegaMence. Yikes. El(at this point I'm 99% sure he's an E4 member), if he is in fact Normal type specialty, will definitely be Mega Kangaskhan. Mega Pidgeot would be HILARIOUS yes, but this is a guy who has..issues, to say the least, and Mega Kangaskhan is far too powerful for Amethyst not to give it to him to make us cry. A lot. Given that Laura was deposed as an E4 member, I believe Bennet has taken her place, which makes me curious as to what his mega would be. As of the last time we saw him, he has no Pokemon that could Mega Evolve. Perhaps he acquired a Beedrill or Scizor along the way? The last member of the E4 is still a mystery to me, but for the common guesses let's do some work. Anna will DEFINITELY be Mega Alakazam should she be the final E4. It's the only Psychic mega evo that makes a remote amount of sense outside of Mega Gardevoir, and Radomus already had Gardevoir as his de facto ace. Unless she just has a Mega Lati or Mega Mewtwo. And then we're boned. If Arclight is the last E4 member....Frankly I have no bloody clue. He seems like an Electric type trainer to me? I dunno since I wasn't around for the original Reborn League when it was an actual thing. If he is Electric it's gonna be Mega Manectric. Pretty easy thing there. And if Lin is the final E4 member...Huh. She could be anything really. The only thing we've seen of her is Hydreigon. If I HAD to guess I'd say she doesn't really have a specialty. Maybe a Dark or Dragon type mega? Probably a Mega Charizard X, I dunno.

Bennett had a Scyther at the Iolia Valley battle, so he could have Mega Scizor.

Arclight is an Electric trainer and Lin is a Dragon trainer.

How many people are on the animations team?

Just so we have a rough idea of how long the process will take.

Well it is Smeragletail, Baz, Koyo, Jan, Inuki and me (with oversight from Kuro) so I guess that makes 6 people working on animations.

If Laura is part of the E4, I'd think she will have a Mega Venusaur, since flowers and all. She seems more peaceful, too, so a bulky Pokemon might suit her. After all, Abomasnow seems highly unlinkely. There's also Mega Sceptile, though...

Arclight's only choices are Manectric and Ampharos. I could see him using either.

As for Lin, I'd think she would rather use a PULSE than a Mega.

If Laura is part of the E4, I'd think she will have a Mega Venusaur, since flowers and all. She seems more peaceful, too, so a bulky Pokemon might suit her. After all, Abomasnow seems highly unlinkely. There's also Mega Sceptile, though...

Arclight's only choices are Manectric and Ampharos. I could see him using either.

As for Lin, I'd think she would rather use a PULSE than a Mega.

Yeah, mega sceptile seems right for Laura.

I see Lin having a PULSE and a mega.

oh yeah. i get this 'sweet-flowery-precious-elegant-lady' vibe from her too. i'm sure there's gotta be a way to battle her in the post-game, since Bennett's taken her place.

Bennett, since he seems to like butterflies and the process of metamorphosis, will in all likelyhood have a Mega Beedrill, or possibly a Mega Pinsir. I'm leaning more towards Beedrill since it's one that actually evolves from a cocoon.

Anna seems to have a cosmic theme to her, so she'll likely have a Mega Metagross, since it's a UFO and its signature move is Meteor Mash.

El is likely Mega Khanga, unless he goes for the more infuriating wall that is Mega Audino. Likely depends more on how he wants to fight. The Cult of Arceus is aware of the Church of Helix and Bird Jesus, so it doesn't make much sense for him to have Pidgeot. Who did he have on his team in the League?

Laura will probably have Mega Sceptile since she really doesn't seem like the type to use poison. Or if she wanted to f*** with our heads, and likely her own team, Mega Abamasnow.

I could honestly see Fern getting a Mega Venasaur if we fight him later. Just as toxic as he is.

• Administrators

I did originally say no Jirachi, yes. I've since regretted it-- partly because I thought most players would be adamantly against it on principle since it wasn't within the rules of the original league. But I'm a bit surprised so many would miss it. As such, I'll just say it might be a possibility again. We'll see.

Officially Koyo Bazaro Smeargle and Mde are the animation team. Inuki and Jan have other roles in development, but are temporarily helping out there.

As for the lack of updates, I should have posted something about that sooner. The thing is, I wasn't able to.

I've had to temporarily step back from development and the community, which took effect about a week and a half ago. Someone else here alluded to me being sick. That's only partly true.

The case is more accurately that I've acquired an injury to both of my hands and wrists from gradual over use. Last week it rapidly escalated to the point that I was no longer able to type, text, or click a mouse. Unfortunately, the best treatment for such a condition, is to avoid using my hands as much as possible. Even then, recovery is likely to take a few months at minimum, and at worst the condition can become an unwelcome lifelong companion.

Fortunately, I was able to train the animation team before they went out for good, so the others will continue work while I cannot. We may not see direct progress for a while though, as it is unlikely that I will be able to sprite, animate, or map for some time. Even coding will be a stretch.

Blind Guardian is a generous soul and bought be a software to translate speech to text. As a result, I can continue to be around the community and oversee some minimal parts of development. Between that, dedicated rest, and a (potentially over-)optimistic plan to ease myself back into development throughout the rest of the year, I'll do my best to keep things from grinding to a halt here.

Apologies to everyone for my carelessness causing delays.

The case is more accurately that I've acquired an injury to both of my hands and wrists from gradual over use.

If that doesn't scream hard work, I don't know what does xD

Anyways, my predictions for the megas:

Laura -- Sceptile

Anna -- Slowbro

El -- Kangaskhan

Bennett -- Beedrill

Cain -- Gengar

Fern -- Abomasnow?

As for the lack of updates, I should have posted something about that sooner. The thing is, I wasn't able to.

I've had to temporarily step back from development and the community, which took effect about a week and a half ago. Someone else here alluded to me being sick. That's only partly true.

The case is more accurately that I've acquired an injury to both of my hands and wrists from gradual over use. Last week it rapidly escalated to the point that I was no longer able to type, text, or click a mouse. Unfortunately, the best treatment for such a condition, is to avoid using my hands as much as possible. Even then, recovery is likely to take a few months at minimum, and at worst the condition can become an unwelcome lifelong companion.

Fortunately, I was able to train the animation team before they went out for good, so the others will continue work while I cannot. We may not see direct progress for a while though, as it is unlikely that I will be able to sprite, animate, or map for some time. Even coding will be a stretch.

Ah. So like Carpal Tunnel or something? You should definitely stay off the keyboard for a while then. At least for a month. I think I speak for everyone when I say your health is more important than the game.

I did originally say no Jirachi, yes. I've since regretted it-- partly because I thought most players would be adamantly against it on principle since it wasn't within the rules of the original league. But I'm a bit surprised so many would miss it. As such, I'll just say it might be a possibility again. We'll see.

Officially Koyo Bazaro Smeargle and Mde are the animation team. Inuki and Jan have other roles in development, but are temporarily helping out there.

Blind Guardian is a generous soul and bought be a software to translate speech to text. As a result, I can continue to be around the community and oversee some minimal parts of development. Between that, dedicated rest, and a (potentially over-)optimistic plan to ease myself back into development throughout the rest of the year, I'll do my best to keep things from grinding to a halt here.

Apologies to everyone for my carelessness causing delays.

Recover soon Ame :D But dont jump back in without double checking if ur fine

better safe than sorry

Recover soon Ame :D But dont jump back in without double checking if ur fine

better safe than sorry

Al here is expecting you to come to the Onyx Arcade at some point though, Ame. #AmeGoesToTheArcade is a thing now.